August 30, 2014 | 1148 users online

Foundations - The Body Shop - All-In-One Face Base

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2013 9:32:00 AM More reviews by demiller

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This is a great foundation. Very high quality for its price. Nicely packaged with a separator for the sponge. Goes on smoothly without caking. Covers pores well.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2013 8:18:00 PM More reviews by sarahmedeiros

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is my new HG powder foundation. Not only is the price pretty great ($22 considering this acts like a high-end powder), but the coverage is amaz-a-zing! Great on my oily skin, even though the ingredients include moisturizers and a leaf oil. Somehow it keeps me matte, doesn't settle on any of my problem areas, and still looks pretty natural and fresh. Can be worn alone for a lighter look or on top of foundation for an airbrush type of application. However, the one flaw I have with this is it goes fast! There isn't a whole lot of product in the casing, but not to fret. The Body Shop usually has some sort of promotion on their makeup, such as buy 2 get one free, so I have enough to last me awhile. Also, I am usually allergic to drugstore powders and break out, and this one luckily leaves my skin acne-free. You should definitely give it a try!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2013 12:50:00 PM More reviews by frckls

I hesitated to purchase this product for quite a while, thinking that I should look elsewhere. But 'elsewhere' means either ordering online or waiting for someone's generosity to send one for me. So, I took the plunge.

To start of, I like the finish. One reason among others I waited to get this was the matte finish. I hate matte, flat finish. This does not have matte, flat finish. It's more like velvet satin matte finish, which is quite beautiful really.
It doesn't hold back my oil for too long, but it doesn't make me look like a greasy mess, either. I'd say, if I'm not sweating my ass of in this tropical land, I'd get a good 4-hours. I can only blot with a tissue paper afterwards and looks fine. But even if I spend time outside and get quite a bit of the humid air, it still looks beautiful on my skin.
It also doesn't give whitecast on pictures, which is actually great.

It doesn't cover any marks on my face used dry. But it does tone down the look quite a lot. I still use my concealer underneath it.
In fact, it is super amazing as a setting powder, used in tandem with my trusted Inglot Under Eye Concealer used as a foundation. The concealer gives a light coverage, then this powder adds it up making my skin looks like porcelain without looking overdone. And that has NEVER happened before. Ever. And I didn't even need to spot conceal!

I tried numerous foundation in the hope of achieving that smooth porcelain looks but nothing works on me. Powder foundation is what works, but finding a color match is not easy. The one with vast shade-range is not available here.
I'm around NC30 and I use number 06. Quite yellow but not overly so.

The packaging is not amazing but it serves its purpose while still looking quite pretty. The sponge also works well for me, though I haven't tried it wet. So far I've got no complaint.

The price is quite a lot for a powder foundation that I know I can get in other brands for much cheaper. But then again, most of them are not available here. Not including the headache of finding a color match.

With all that said, I still give the powder its deserved 4-lippies. It's pretty much close to HG. Not good price-wise, but it's easily available all-over the world with consistent pricing. Plus, TBS holds quite a lot of sale and I can always stock up.

I'm going to keep it on my note in case I don't find any other powder with better value. :)

rated 2 of 5 on 9/13/2013 5:49:00 AM More reviews by skepticalskin

Packaging is awesome, not super-pretty but the powder and puff are properly separated, this thing closes properly and there is a mirror. The price is a bit steep for something that runs out this fast and the product doesnt perform that well, it does the job sort of but for such a price there are better options that MUA raves about. Now I usually don't use a lot of make up unless I'm going out but with maturity comes the understanding that rosacea red skin with enlarged pores and endless micro spots should be protected by SPF and covered with foundation. Because I used to hate wearing foundation and always just wear a powder over the red areas of my face throughout the years the idea of a powder foundation feels very close to heart for me although I have yet to find my HD. This was a life saver for me in the humid climate of the Cypriot summer because my normal liquid foundations e.g. Maybeline 24hr matte, double wear estee lauder etc despite all primers, fix sprays etc would just melt off or ooze of my sweaty oily combo skin in the most gross ways possible. I really cannot imagine how people wear even longwear liquid/cream products in the heat, even if it holds is definately suffocating the skin. Anyway back to the bodyshop foundation. This does not melt off my face and it has fairly decent coverage for a something that is a powder i.e. it covers better than most powders, tinted moisturisers and light BB creams, it can cover redness very well and even spot applied conceal minor blemishes and good staying power with a decent primer (6-8hrs). My problem with it though is topping up has to be done carefully as can cake easily, I have a super oily T-zone but calmer cheeks and cheeks get pinched and dried which is very rare for me whereas T-zone oil is slightly held back which is good. My main complaint about it though is the poor shade range of only 6 colours and the exceptional chalkiness of this foundation all six colours are blooming white with various tinges of pink, yellow and orange! :( I'm usually very fair and struggle to find foundation light enough for my skin with the lightest shade in the range usually being too dark for me but here im colour 3 and it was still pale! also it lies very flat and if not applied gently with sponge of buffed into skin with a flat top brush it sits on the skin, emphasizes the pores and given the white cast together with this makes you look like a dead person which isn't pretty. Also DO NOT apply this with a damp sponge, the minute damp gets into this powder it is RUINED for good :( it lumps up, cakes up, darkens and is never the same velvety consistency in the pan ever again, that being said when you apply it on your skin make sure you have an airconditioning on if its hot as the sweat or any water whatsover on your face spells the end of trying to blend this. Overall tolerable and I was desperate as there was absolutely nothing else around and I was unable to order online at the time so it did its job but way too many cons at such a price to repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2013 9:59:00 PM More reviews by OootkaP

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Disregard this review. This powder is WAY too orange! I have gotten paler and they don't carry a lighter shade. Severely disappointed, us fair girls want good products too!

I'm liking this... I'm shade 02, and it matches pretty well. I personally use this as either a powder or as an extremely light foundation base. I like it, it goes on smooth, stays on for a long time, and covers pretty well. I don't know if it's worth 20 bucks, as a pressed powder tends to run out quickly, but knowing me, I'll probably repurchase it! The sponge is unhygienic but I just used it once then tossed it!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2013 9:13:00 PM More reviews by flyingpitas

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my go-to foundation product because of the ease of application and a decent colour match. I have gone through several compacts already. I use the 03 shade for my Asian skintone. I wish it had a little more coverage though as it doesn't quite conceal blemishes and uneven skin tones

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2013 8:55:00 PM More reviews by fake0v0babi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Best Body Shop product!! I've tried a lot of their products and this is one of my favourite.

PROS:
- Can apply it in different ways (alone as full coverage foundation with wet sponge, powder foundation with a brush, setting powder with a large fluffy brush, spot concealing)

- buildable coverage (Medium to High)

- Makes your skin look flawless!

- For some reason, if I have dry patches and I pat this on, it actually doesn't make the dry area more obvious, it kinda makes everything blend in and look really nice

CONS:
- Somewhat expensive (get it during their promotions!!)

- If I use this everyday, I start getting bumps, but if I save it for special occasions only, then my skin would be okay

- Bulky packaging

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2013 9:53:00 AM More reviews by Costumiere77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is my current under eye and other sallow areas concealer. I use a Real Techniques brush and sweep it to the required level of coverage. It also helps eye makeup stay in place; it makes a nice, comfortable barrier to melting and transferring. It does sting a little if I get careless and get it in my eye, but so does everything for me, even saline solution. I'm so frail...

My skin is pretty clear most of the time, but when it isn't due to stress or hormones or sunscreen, I use this over the entire face (or if I want something more "done" looking). I like that it is build-able, and I don't experience any creasing as I do with cream/liquid concealers... and I am a rubber face making all kinds of stupid facial expressions all day- which usually moves all my makeup into hiding apparently out of embarrassment.

This gives a really nice velvet matte, but not too opaque finish that looks good under fluorescents and is a nice small stage, LED instrument-friendly alternative for stage specific brands in a pinch; and, since it isn't loose like my other stage worthy favorites, it is great for backstage areas since it won't spill and turn into some kind of beige plague snagging everyone that walks by. I only wish it came deeper... I have some actors that would really appreciate it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2013 11:35:00 AM More reviews by jiliannem

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This deserves a high rating! I'm not promoting TBS or some sort but I really love their All-in-One Foundation. It covers my pimples and blemishes well and yet the feeling is light as if I'm not wearing a foundation at all. My routine is, I apply my Skin79 BB Cream then I'll let it settle a little before I apply my TBS All-in-One (I add concealer after applying BB cream IF NEEDED). Almost everyone in the office noticed how clear and fresh my skin looks everyday! They don't even notice the bumps of my pimples, well some girls do but they only ask me if those were rash 'cause they're really well covered even if they're raging red w/o make-up. :))

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2013 2:19:00 PM More reviews by paigeking

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My skin is combination, and I find if I wear any foundation, it will make my skin oily and it will wear off really easily. This is the first product I have ever used that doesn't change throughout the day.

I have really red acne scars on my cheeks that still look like pimples, and I find every foundation and concealer I previously used to cover them up will only fade them a little, but they are still noticeable and look a little purple under the make up.

The All-In-One Face Base from TBS is the first make up that I have ever used that covers the pimples/scars COMPLETELY and doesn't wear off throughout the day. I can wear this for 12+ hours and not need a touch up, and if I do its a very minimal one. Its summer now and very humid and it even lasts through that! It has amazing full coverage but is very light on my face. Doesn't feel like i have anything on at all.

I went to TBS about a week ago and bought the face base (in 035) and the Vitamin E BB cream. I find the BB cream stays a little damp after its applied, and I've heard if you put the Face Base on with a damp sponge/brush it will give a higher coverage, so maybe that's why it covers so well, as i put the powder on after the BB cream while its still damp. It takes away the wet feeling of the BB cream and mattifies my face perfectly. 100% my HG product. I will NEVER use another product other than the Face Base in combination with the Vitamin E BB cream.

I showed it to my mom (45 years old) my sister and a friend (15-16 years old) let them try mine, and they have bought their own as well and love it just as well as I do! I would definitely recommend this to anyone who wants a makeup that will last throughout the day, sweat, oil, and humidity. You can put on more or less and get just as much coverage as you need. I personally need a LOT of coverage and I don't even have to put that much on to get the coverage i want.