April 16, 2014 | 970 users online

Foundations - The Body Shop - All-In-One Face Base

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2013 9:13:00 PM More reviews by flyingpitas

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my go-to foundation product because of the ease of application and a decent colour match. I have gone through several compacts already. I use the 03 shade for my Asian skintone. I wish it had a little more coverage though as it doesn't quite conceal blemishes and uneven skin tones

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2013 8:55:00 PM More reviews by fake0v0babi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Best Body Shop product!! I've tried a lot of their products and this is one of my favourite.

PROS:
- Can apply it in different ways (alone as full coverage foundation with wet sponge, powder foundation with a brush, setting powder with a large fluffy brush, spot concealing)

- buildable coverage (Medium to High)

- Makes your skin look flawless!

- For some reason, if I have dry patches and I pat this on, it actually doesn't make the dry area more obvious, it kinda makes everything blend in and look really nice

CONS:
- Somewhat expensive (get it during their promotions!!)

- If I use this everyday, I start getting bumps, but if I save it for special occasions only, then my skin would be okay

- Bulky packaging

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2013 9:53:00 AM More reviews by Costumiere77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is my current under eye and other sallow areas concealer. I use a Real Techniques brush and sweep it to the required level of coverage. It also helps eye makeup stay in place; it makes a nice, comfortable barrier to melting and transferring. It does sting a little if I get careless and get it in my eye, but so does everything for me, even saline solution. I'm so frail...

My skin is pretty clear most of the time, but when it isn't due to stress or hormones or sunscreen, I use this over the entire face (or if I want something more "done" looking). I like that it is build-able, and I don't experience any creasing as I do with cream/liquid concealers... and I am a rubber face making all kinds of stupid facial expressions all day- which usually moves all my makeup into hiding apparently out of embarrassment.

This gives a really nice velvet matte, but not too opaque finish that looks good under fluorescents and is a nice small stage, LED instrument-friendly alternative for stage specific brands in a pinch; and, since it isn't loose like my other stage worthy favorites, it is great for backstage areas since it won't spill and turn into some kind of beige plague snagging everyone that walks by. I only wish it came deeper... I have some actors that would really appreciate it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2013 11:35:00 AM More reviews by jiliannem

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This deserves a high rating! I'm not promoting TBS or some sort but I really love their All-in-One Foundation. It covers my pimples and blemishes well and yet the feeling is light as if I'm not wearing a foundation at all. My routine is, I apply my Skin79 BB Cream then I'll let it settle a little before I apply my TBS All-in-One (I add concealer after applying BB cream IF NEEDED). Almost everyone in the office noticed how clear and fresh my skin looks everyday! They don't even notice the bumps of my pimples, well some girls do but they only ask me if those were rash 'cause they're really well covered even if they're raging red w/o make-up. :))

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2013 2:19:00 PM More reviews by paigeking

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My skin is combination, and I find if I wear any foundation, it will make my skin oily and it will wear off really easily. This is the first product I have ever used that doesn't change throughout the day.

I have really red acne scars on my cheeks that still look like pimples, and I find every foundation and concealer I previously used to cover them up will only fade them a little, but they are still noticeable and look a little purple under the make up.

The All-In-One Face Base from TBS is the first make up that I have ever used that covers the pimples/scars COMPLETELY and doesn't wear off throughout the day. I can wear this for 12+ hours and not need a touch up, and if I do its a very minimal one. Its summer now and very humid and it even lasts through that! It has amazing full coverage but is very light on my face. Doesn't feel like i have anything on at all.

I went to TBS about a week ago and bought the face base (in 035) and the Vitamin E BB cream. I find the BB cream stays a little damp after its applied, and I've heard if you put the Face Base on with a damp sponge/brush it will give a higher coverage, so maybe that's why it covers so well, as i put the powder on after the BB cream while its still damp. It takes away the wet feeling of the BB cream and mattifies my face perfectly. 100% my HG product. I will NEVER use another product other than the Face Base in combination with the Vitamin E BB cream.

I showed it to my mom (45 years old) my sister and a friend (15-16 years old) let them try mine, and they have bought their own as well and love it just as well as I do! I would definitely recommend this to anyone who wants a makeup that will last throughout the day, sweat, oil, and humidity. You can put on more or less and get just as much coverage as you need. I personally need a LOT of coverage and I don't even have to put that much on to get the coverage i want.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2013 12:52:00 PM More reviews by vixens97

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Got my first compact of this foundation from a girlfriend who got it as a gift. It was too pale for her...her loss is my gain. I hit pan on this product and immediately went looking for more...It is a bit steep in price for me normally but some how i keep managing to get it on sale from the Body Shop website. I can use shade 01 or 02 (try finding 01...almost impossible) I have oily skin and find the texture of this makeup perfect. It helps tame shine and lets my real skin come thru. I dont feel like I'm wearing a mask... I hate that. It lasts all day with minimal touch ups and works well with my moisturizer (often times the combo of foundation and moisturizer makes my face a slip and slide) I will continue to buy this wonderful product.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2013 11:12:00 PM More reviews by EllieDavionte

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I like this powder because it applies nicely to my skin and doesn't make the fine hairs on my face stand out too much compared to other powders I have tried before. It gives me a light coverage and hides my blemishes without being being too heavy for daytime (I rarely wear foundation in the day). I like the compact, however I can find it hard to flip from the sponge compartment to the mirror/powder part of the compact. I use a powder brush to apply this to my face instead of the sponge supplied, however I haven't tried using the sponge yet. I have also been told you can apply this wet for a fuller coverage, but I have also yet to try this. It was an expensive purchase but I feel it was worth it for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2013 11:53:00 PM More reviews by misshennie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Black

I gave a try to this product during 50% sale and I didn't regret it at all. The texture is smooth and give me a matte finishing. I have normal-oily skin but it does not oxidize me, hence it also has good oil control. I use this after applying BB Cream.

For that price, I think it has a good staying power so I don't need to touch up so often. Don't worry, once you buy it, it will take longer for you to re-purchase. So, it's good deal to buy and give a try for this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/1/2013 10:57:00 PM More reviews by MarandaSky

I absolutely loved Face Base when I first started using it, however I have experienced a lot of problems in the last few month with it. First of all it goes extremely fast and I have never made it through an entire container without it breaking or cracking, even when I didn't drop it or even carry it in my purse. It seems to get very cakey looking in the areas around the corners of my nose and in the lines around my eyes. I have used it for about 2 years and always used shade 04, but recently I have noticed that it will start to oxidize and turn orange around my hair line and eyebrows. Although it does provide pretty decent coverage, it does not last and has to be touched up after about 4 hours. Overall I will probably continue to purchase it for on the go touch ups but I will be finding a new everyday foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2013 1:18:00 PM More reviews by yummizu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Little background of my skin: uneven skin tone due to acne and post acne marks, oily but dehydrated which is a huge issue for me. Therefore I need lots of coverage and using liquid foundation on its own doesn't help me, but using most pressed powders on top of a foundation emphasize my flaky dry skin.
So far, TBS all in one face base is the only pressed powder that gave me the desired finish.
I apply it with a fluffy powder brush to set my foundation, and it makes my skin look flawless, doesn't make it look more dry, but still looks matte. And it doesn't break me out! Thanks, The Body Shop!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No