October 25, 2014 | 1681 users online

Powder - Shiseido - Pureness Matifying compact

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2011 8:03:00 PM More reviews by rockangel04

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This sets beautifully on top of tinted moisturizers and my MAC studio sculpt. It doesn't keep me matte throughout the day but the overall appearence is great. It does make pores look significantly smaller, and I have large ones. Also I feel even though I still get a tad oily with this that I don't need to reapply because it lasts, I just blot and it's good as new. Hasn't broken me out either. I like the idea that you buy the compact once and refills are only $20, (compact $8) that's very economical I think. I give 4 instead of 5 lippies because it doesn't keep me matte like it supposed to do. BUT, it gives the most natural finish and good coverage without looking cakey or oxidizing throughout the day.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2011 4:42:00 AM More reviews by saristic

this is the only powder foundation that doesn't make me break out and suits my nc25-30 asian skin:) it does a decent job with covering my acne scars..still need to put concealer on. gives medium coverage..can be full coverage when applied with 2 layers,though it can be cakey..i like that it's matte when first applied then it tends to absorb into your skin throughout the day..which gives a dewy effect. it doesn't feel too heavy yet it's not the kind that feels light and natural..it's somewhere in between.i've been using this for 3 years...using two pans every year and i like that i can refill it:) oh and it's nice that it has spf in it and it doesn't leave a white cast in pictures:)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2010 1:42:00 PM More reviews by demdemdem

cover for small pores and and whiteheads or reds , it's perfect but if you had really large pores which i have a few near my nose, it doesn't help at all. so i put liquid foundation only on that areas and then i apply the powder all over my face. the result is great - sometimes i even dont wear any blush because it makes my skin look healthy and toned anyway. my only concern is that it's very pricey here( about 40€) and i dont know how long it'll last.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2010 4:47:00 AM More reviews by AznMakeupAddict

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

First off all I gotta admit, I don't use this compact as a foundation by itself. I use it as a setting powder sort of deal after my liquid foundation. By itself, not the greatest coverage, especially because I need full coverage, but applied over my liquid foundations &applied through the day as a touch up? Perfection. My trick is that I take some on the sponge &pat it all over my face, then take a kabuki brush and blend, blend, BLEND! That keeps it from looking cakey and still keeps it matte. OH! And I saw some people saying that they don't like the fact that there's no separator between the powder and the sponge. Well, when you first open it, there will be a clear, thin plastic sheet. KEEP IT. It specifies in the instructions to use it for separation. Thought this isn't the best way to keep them separate, it's effective. I like the compact case, the blue is pretty <3 But overall, it's good for a setting powder, and GREAT for touchups in the middle of the day when your face gets oily and you want a matte finish. I can't live without it.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/22/2010 10:57:00 PM More reviews by kngdiana1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Not much coverage- may be good just for touch ups. The compact sucks because the sponge just lays on top of the powder and there is no separate compartment. I noticed that the cake for this is the same size as the Shiseido Spf powder cake.... so if you want a better package, just pay a dollar more for the Spf compact and put in the refill for this.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/18/2010 4:42:00 PM More reviews by yunnyunn

I'm sorry to report I do not like this powder at all... Lately, I'm been on a hunt for a mu that's super easy, kinda one step for all, easy/quick to apply, light-med coverage, and at least SPF 15. From the surface, this powder can do it all. Unfortunately, this powder does not have the slightest coverage, and it does no matify my oily nose at all. Overall, I'm very disappointed with the mu.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2009 10:56:00 AM More reviews by oooHUNTRESSooo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

i like this powder, but it's rather expensive for me. does mattify pretty well, but nothing spectacular, looks nice when you apply it, it almost can't be seen on the skin, but still covers nicely for a powder. it comes with a sponge which i almost never use because it looks too cakey then, i prefer a powder or a kabuki brush.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/8/2009 5:53:00 PM More reviews by zowye2002

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Pros:
Refillable compact ( good for the environment, actually one of the things that made me buy it)
Great coverage.
Great reputation
Cons
Testing on animals
I got the natural Ivory shade in contrast to the Matte Ecru (II) I notice the first was a slight redish tone heck I already have natural red cheeks why do I need to be red all over).

Now am torn if I should continue on with a lighter shade yet the Light Beige made me a bit more paler if I wanted to go with the goth look then that shade will be it.

I wanted to like this product yet doing a search for other products I found out that this company does indeed practice test on animals and thats one of the reason I dislike Lancome in addition for the pro waste that is ( lancome) with a great compact yet no refillable options. Yet shiseido the powder has a great coverage but ain't the shade for me. I guess those with uneven tone have it more harder to find the correct shade and the proper company.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/23/2009 5:16:00 PM More reviews by fallenberry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really wanted to like this powder because I heard really good comments about it but unfortunately it just doesnt work for me! first of all it settled into my pores didnt minimize them like it claimed and it looked cakey just like I applied the dust all over my face plus it didnt keep my face oil-free the only reason that I give this product two lippies is that it doesnt caused me break outs... Also there is no good color match the lightest shade is a bit dark for me

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2009 12:14:00 PM More reviews by Daniela1977

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Really amazing coverage…nice smooth skin…great finish..none clog pores or break outs BUT…not good for flaky skin. This will be great for oily /combo skins. Other way I really honestly like all about it ….just can’t use it b/c I have dry patches and my skin peel often as I am on Retin-A...Shame as if i didn't have this problem i will definitely repurches.
For reference i am MAC 15-20 / Chanel # 30 Cendre and Shiseido # 30 Natural Ivory