Bare Escentuals bareSkin® Pure Brightening Serum Foundation Broad Spectrum SPF 20

3.2

-Titanium Dioxide (11): Sunscreen.-Vitamin C: This skin-brightening superpower is known to fade existing dark spots and discolorations for more even-toned skin.Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Coconut Alkanes, Silica, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Lecithin, Glycerin, Maltodextrin, Coco-Caprylate/Caprate, Jojoba Esters, Propylene Carbonate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Soil Minerals/Syringa Vulgaris (Lilac) Leaf Cell Culture Extract, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain ( /-): Mica, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide, Lilac Plant Stem Cells.

Worst foundation ever. I have combination skin, ( more dry than oily)and this made me so oily. It would literally melt off my face. Tried using it with a primer and a setting spray and it still lasted about 2 hours before being patchy. Learned to mix it with other foundations so I didn't completely waste my money. But by far the worst high end foundation EVER. Don't waste your $$$

on 6/13/2015 12:48:00 PM

This is the worst foundation I've ever tried for many reasons.

For one, it's texture is water. It comes out as straight liquid and doesn't get thicker like foundations should. It goes on like water as well. It never dries, even with primer below and powder on top. Therefore, it comes off extremely easily. You can brush your hair out of your face and take off a good chunk of your foundation, which is difficult when you're out all day.

It makes your skin look even more oily than it should. I have oily skin and my face gets shiny throughout the day. If this is you, this foundation will do you no favors. It makes my face look incredibly shiny. I can feel it getting shinier throughout the day too, which is never a good sign. It feels oily as you put it on as well. Summary: if you have oily skin, DO NOT buy this product.

In conclusion, do not buy this product if you want your makeup to stay on for a normal amount of time, not come off during the day, prevent shine, look and feel natural. It does NONE of these. I've tried lots of foundations and this is by far the worst.

on 5/29/2015 1:37:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Awful foundation. I bought the kit with foundation brush, Mineral veil and the Pure Brightening foundation. The color was good and it covered well but the foundation went RANCID on my skin within minutes of application. All it had to do was warm up on my skin. The rancid oil smell was overwhelming and never went away.

I stuck it out to see how the foundation lasted, which was all day but I had to wash twice to get that rancid smell off. It was still noticeable after the first wash. I've had this happen before with other products, usually moisturizers. I would love to know which ingredient is the culprit so I can avoid it in the future. I suspect the coconut alkanes, jojoba esters, caprylic/capric triglyceride, or lecithin. All of which are lipids (oils) so Bare Minerals claim of "no oil" is simply deceitful.

Aside from the smell, the foundation settled into every wrinkle and crease and even highlighted some dry patches I didn't even know I had before. Strangely, my skin looked incredible the next morning, it clearly responded well something in the ingredients but here is no way I can stomach smelling rancid oil like that all day again.

I loved the brush and Mineral Veil and the were worth the price of the kit ($35) but the foundation went in the trash.

on 5/28/2015 8:32:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

This product has very good coverage (I use the shade bare tan) and didn't feel caked on when I wore it. However the liquidy texture probably isn't for everyone! I use a both a sponge and brush to get it to blend, and it stays all day if I set it with powder, but after a while it can sink into fine lines and dry skin.

One major downside to this is the bottle, since you either only get a drop or a flood! You also have to shake it A LOT, which can be a pain. Overall, I like this foundation a lot, but I'm not sure if I would repurchase in the future.

on 5/25/2015 8:42:00 AM

This is just a hot mess. Bought the primer, foundation, brush and powder as suggested. Applied as demonstrated. Hated with a passion not to be believed. It manages to be so sheer there is no coverage at all, BUT it miraculously makes ever pore, line, and flaw stand out in HD. Just awful. It all goes back

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I am extremely fair-skinned and this foundation in the shade Bare Porcelain 01 is the first foundation I have ever found that truly matches my skin. My skin is also very sensitive and dry, so the formula--which is VERY liquidy-- is fantastic. It is very bendable and is ideal for everyday wear. BareMinerals sells a specific brush to go with this foundation, but I just use a normal kabuki foundation brush and it works just fine, but this is probably not a foundation that could be applied with just your fingers.

As far as coverage level, I would say this is sheer to medium coverage-TOPS. Definitely not for people who need a full coverage foundation. Overall, I would highly recommend this foundation. The price is very reasonable (approximately $30) and the look is very natural with a touch of dewy-ness.

on 5/4/2015 3:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I'm loving this foundation. I've heard very mixed reviews but for my skin which has always been oily but as I'm getting older is becoming more normal. This foundation makes me glow and it looks very smooth. I use the real techniques stippling brush to apply and I only use about 3 drops to cover my face. For reference I wear medium beige in the original bare minerals.

Idk what happened but this stuff ended up horrifically on my face. I tried the exact same color in Sephora on my jawline and seemed great, but when I tried on the one I bought later at home it was SO liquidy and yellow and it ran into every fine line and showed every little patch of imperfection. Maybe I bought a dud? Who knows. All I know is I'm returning it. I should have never strayed from my Clinique foundation, because that stuff couldn't be any more amazing.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The good thing about this foundation is that the texture is very thin and soft, and it's pigmented, so a little is enough for medium to full coverage. On my dry skin, the product is neither drying nor greasy. And, yes, do shake the bottle vigorously before application.

However, BareSkin foundation makes my entire face look very "flat." If you've ever had that "flat foundation face" issue, you'd know exactly what I'm talking about. This happens even when my skin is prepped with moisturizer and primer.

It's not horrible enough for me to bother with returning, and it looks decent after I've added blush/bronzer, highlighter, etc., but a foundation should not be this complicated, especially in this day and age. Thus, I will not repurchase.

For reference, I have dry skin; my skin tone is NC20, and "Bare Linen" is a perfect, seamless match.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

It's okay. Its good for sheer coverage and I like how it isn't tested on animals and how it has SPF in it. It isn't great though when I put it on my nose- it makes my pores look noticeable and kind of clogged up. Not my favorite thing but oh well. It's a good sheer coverage foundation for my face but I am going to avoid putting it on my nose. I use the shade Bare Cream.

Video Reviews & Tutorials