October 31, 2014 | 1500 users online

Liquid - Bare Escentuals - bareSkin® Pure Brightening Serum Foundation Broad Spectrum SPF 20

rated 2 of 5 on 10/11/2014 10:25:00 PM More reviews by ktamp

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This did not work for me at all. It might be the worst foundation I've ever tried. I am normal to dry with occasional blemishes. I am NW15-20 and I bought the color bare shell. The color match was good. When you put it on, it really does feel weightless. I used 3 drops for my whole face. I used one drop for each side of my face and a third to go over areas that I needed more coverage. I did not buy the brush. I would place a drop on the back of my hand and then dab on my face and use a buffing brush to buff into the skin. On me it was a medium coverage. It looked gorgeous when it went on. However after only a couple of hours, my face would get really shiny and greasy feeling. It clings to dry patches. If I wore it any longer than 4 hours, it would start to disappear. My face looked patchy and shiny. I tried using it with a primer and setting with different powders with no better luck.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/11/2014 7:56:00 PM More reviews by RecycledTeenager

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I found this too shiny even though I do not have greasy skin, in fact it is on the dry side on my forehead, cheeks and chin. I used it with the Bare Minerals Prime Time Foundation Primer. It took a lot more than a couple of drops! When I saw a review of it on YouTube the reviewer had to use 12 drops! Yet another reviewer on YouTube said she only used 3 drops but she is used to using a tinted moisturiser. So it is nonsense to say you only need a few drops unless you have perfect flawless skin or if you are used to using tinted moisturiser. It might be ok for someone young with no skin blemishes at all. I also bought the expensive brush that goes with it and the first few drops just disappear into it.

I found it takes me longer to put my make up on with this than with my previous foundation as it does not cover as well. I'm going to stick with it now I've paid for it as I know it is supposed to improve the condition and uneven skin tone. It does feel nice on your skin I must say, but it is too shiny for me and I do not have oily skin. I am now wondering if I should be buying a make up fixer to spray on to stop it getting shinier during the day, so this is getting more and more expensive, what with the cost of the primer, foundation and brush it has been a costly experience so I'm not too happy. I did not want to use loose powder with it to stop the shine as I used to over foundation years ago, as when you get older you are supposed to keep well away from powder as it accentuates wrinkles and especially as when you get older your skin gets dry so you shouldn't be using powder.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2014 5:02:00 PM More reviews by Nancygia

I got a sample of this in Bare Linen 05. This is not close to light enough for me, but I took the lightest sample. I applied it with the Sephora collection pro flawless airbrush #56. It just sat on the surface of my skin and didn't blend or cover anything. Even the tip of my nose stayed red and shiny (I am not sure why my nose was red, but it may have been from the foundation). It somehow made me look like I have bad skin, even though I don't, at all.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2014 4:27:00 PM More reviews by madeupmary

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

Love this foundation. I thought I would like it as I have dry skin and love serums in general and prefer a lighter coverage because I have some freckles that I like to poke through my foundation. I was unsure about buying this as the reviews weren't all positive but I reckon if you have dry skin you will love this. I only need 1, maximum 2 drops to provide enough coverage. You don't need to buy the brush, I use the Real Techniques Buffing Brush and it works perfectly. Unfortunately I am the lightest shade Bare Porcelain which is slightly too dark for me but once blended it looks perfect. Love, love, love!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2014 4:04:00 PM More reviews by anditisliz

Let me start by saying I've been using Bare Minerals powder and mineral veil since I was 16, now that I am 23 and most of the problems of my younger years (mostly acne/puberty) have faded I decided I needed something not only easier to put on but something that looked more natural. I love my BM powder but the powder is sometimes too cakey for my skin and I was looking to either get into a BB cream or a liquid foundation that offered light coverage.

I have pretty good skin for the most part, aside from a few pimples here and there but the only reason I even like to wear any foundation is because for some odd reason my face is always 2 or 3 shades lighter than my body which is really odd because it doesn't matter if it's the middle of summer and I've been out in the sun all month, my face is always lighter. On top of my face not matching my body, the area under my eyes and cheek bones is super light and doesn't match the rest of my face which makes the bags under my eyes stand out even more.
Any ways on my search I've tried quite a few bb creams and liquid foundations from the drug store and high end brands and most either were WAY too thick and offered too much coverage or just didn't look natural.

BM Liquid was the last and final product I tried and I LOVE IT.
I tried a few shades before I found the right one and it's great. I literally need just 2 drops, 3 if I want a little more coverage, and it matches and blends perfectly. I look and feel bare faced but with a nice glow. It's not too dewy and not too matte, it's more of a satin. I have combination skin and this just works for me. I bought the brush because it makes the application soo easy and it's worth the splurge since you only need to really buy it once. The foundation isn't much more $ than the powder though and now I don't have to buy the mineral veil also. I use a little of yellow color correcting cream under my eyes to counteract the purple in my bags and then top that with a dot of Benefit Erase paste and blend it then I apply the BM liquid all over. No primer, I do use a little NYX radiant finishing powder over my t-zone but besides that it's really all I need. It lasts me throughout the whole day without any touche ups and even when I sweat it doesn't look oily (and I sweat a lot, it's really annoying lol). I will continue to use this product and it really makes my skin look amazing and healthly. Can we also just take a moment to appreciate all the crap it doesn't have in it compared to other products?! Less is more and less chemicals is always a plus.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/3/2014 7:51:00 PM More reviews by Bubbles98

This is the oiliest feeling foundation and besides all the ingredients they made this without i got the biggest breakout of life when ive never broken out from a product before, returned it in less that a week

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2014 4:04:00 PM More reviews by Neume

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ahhh, such a love/hate relationship with this foundation.

I'm just going to get this out there - this is for people with already pretty good, normal skin, kind of a "my skin but better" concept. If you're particularly oily, dry, or combo this will either slide off immediately, settle into all of your lines, or just cling to texture. And for those saying "well if you have good skin, why bother wearing foundation??" are forgetting that people with "good" skin still have skin concerns. Mine are namely discoloration from acne scars, too much sun, and the occasional hormonal pimple. I'm not complaining and I am well aware that many have it worse - I'm just telling it how it is.

So this "serum" type foundation works well for everyday. I would put it in the BB/CC cream and tinted moisturizer category - just a foundation for no special reason to give your skin a little more "oomph".

I apply this with a damp beauty blender, anywhere from 2-4 drops. Anything beyond 4 drops cakes like a mofo.

Sadly, this transfers like a b. As in I will touch my face and touch a piece of paper and leave a fingerprint.

Now why would I pay $30 for this? The color match. I have warm/golden undertones and I have yet to find a color match as accurate as this foundation. So this truly looks like bare skin on me, just more even without redness or scarring.

Overall I like this foundation better than most (mostly due to the color match) but I can't say I'm in love with it.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/2/2014 6:53:00 PM More reviews by decophile

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I am trying a sample of this product, in "Bare Shell 02."

Pro's: The color is a good match for me.

Con's: The product does not wear well on my t-zone, and it smears easily throughout the day. Maybe I am not putting the right moisturizer or sunscreen or primer on under it, and not setting it right. But my Maybelline creme foundation works perfectly fine with all the other products I use; plus, a creme is easier to apply than a liquid. So how much effort do I really want to put into trying to make this Bare product work?

rated 2 of 5 on 10/2/2014 4:14:00 AM More reviews by Glasnevin

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I agree with the reviews about this settling into lines. When I applied it first I thought it was lovely and easy to apply - when I got into work - I got such a shock - seriously I had lines where I didn't know I even had lines - I actually get complimented all the time on my skin. I used the brush recommended for this too and buffed really well. Would not use any more. On the up side - my daughter uses this and it really is gorgeous on her. So for younger skin - yes but for anyone a bit older - on my experience I would say stay away.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2014 12:10:00 AM More reviews by shmilez

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff! I have pretty good skin to begin with but this makes my skin look airbrushed. I love the buildable coverage. I have very sensitive and dry skin and I am glad to say I haven't had any problems with this at all. I know others with dry skin did not like it but from what a BM associate told me, it's not the same for everyone. It's something you'd have to try for yourself to figure out if you like it. The only problem I have with it is that you have to shake it before you use and a lot of the product ends up in the cap. I feel like a lot of is getting wasted with that. If I'm paying $30 for foundation, I'd like to use every single drop of it.