January 30, 2015 | 1877 users online

Liquid - Bare Escentuals - bareSkin® Pure Brightening Serum Foundation Broad Spectrum SPF 20

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2015 10:41:00 PM More reviews by lyswa

I really, really like this foundation- I have it in bare porcelain and it's the only foundation I've found that will match my pale skin without making me look like a corpse. You definitely have to shake it well before you apply it- and you need very little of the foundation itself. I apply it with a regular foundation brush and then buff it out slightly with a flat buffing brush and it gives an airbrushed- satiny finish. GRANTED if you don't take very good care of your skin by exfoliating 2-3 times a week and moisturizing regularly I can see how this foundation would hi light that rather than conceal it as it settles close to the skin. I use Laura Mercier's foundation primer - but I'm sure any primer would do, I just have super sensitive skin - and it creates a very nice smooth base for this foundation and I haven't had any problems with it settling into fine lines or pores (which is the WORST). I enjoyed that this foundation doesn't feel cakey or smothering when you apply it- so many foundations make me feel like my skin can't breathe AT ALL - but this one has a very nice satiny feel on the skin; not too greasy, not too heavy. Overall I'm a fan of this foundation and I will definitely be repurchasing it in the future.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2015 11:03:00 PM More reviews by ashleygurl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This foundation gives me a flawless face. It's really smooth, almost like lotion. I have really bad acne dark spots and this completely hides them.

The only problem that i have is that i wish it was a bit bigger because i run out of it really quickly.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2015 10:34:00 PM More reviews by junglebeauty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The jojoba gave me lots of under the skin pimples on my forehead so it's a no go for me. Otherwise, I like it more than a lot of products I have tested lately. The ingredient list is pretty elegant, and there's no silicones which are bad for some acne-prone types. It's a dewy finish, very pretty. It doesn't last long unfortunately, probably 3-4 hours, but I don't like using powder of setting spray, so maybe you could get it to work for you. I would probably have tried to get it to work for me if it didn't break me out. The lightest color, Porcelain, was a little dark and yellow for me. The Bare Minerals serum did not have silicones, so it will not break you out if you are sensitive to them, but it doesn't do much as far as resurfacing, minimizing pores, and hiding fine lines.

I'm going to try the Nars TM and hope that doesn't break me out. The Nars has some "safe" silicones for me, such as Dimethicone. They don't clog my pores but create more of a smooth surface, plus more range in the lightest colors.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/11/2015 3:22:00 PM More reviews by SiobhanW

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I found this foundation extremely drying which really surprised me. Initailly it was applied in store by the MUA using the bare minerals primer underneath and their powder to set. My skin looked so dry and patchy. I wasn't sure if it was the combination of the 3 products used so I took a sample home to try and used it over my usual & trusted moisturiser. Again it just clung to every flake of skin and looked terrible.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/5/2015 8:49:00 PM More reviews by marthamihm

This is terrible, I always thought the problematic ingredient in most liquid foundations for me was silicone since my skin does well with powder foundations (especially Halo and the original bare minerals). However this made my skin feel dry and caused me to to breakout. Quite a feat! The color range is limited and the shades do not seem to go sequentially from light to dark so I definitely wouldn't buy this product and expect to find a color match online. The saleswoman and I found a decent match but not great. I have wanted to try this since it came out but was always deterred by the saleswomen at Ulta and Sephora who didn't like the product. I should have listened to the experts.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2015 7:42:00 PM More reviews by beach412

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Very light on my skin. Blends easily. I had help from the girl at Ulta and I got the bare shell color. I have only been using it about a week so I haven't noticed a difference in my skins appearance but hopefully in time. I am very pleased with this product!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/3/2015 6:01:00 PM More reviews by Carmen0

I bought this for myself and my mother because the shades matched us so well. I have combo skin and my mom so just oily. First we both like the less is more factor, I only use a few drops for my whole face and I blend onto my neck as well. I don't use the BE brush it looked to wasteful I drop a few drops on my metal mixing pallet and used a Sephora brush (air brush#56). It blends in nice matches awesome but the crappy thing is it never really "sets". It's worse for my mom, it actually can transfer off to whatever touches her face.
The bottle is a little flawed too. You really have to shake this well before using but doing so product spills in the cap. I have to shake with my finger over the nosel just to avoid the mess and waste.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/3/2015 9:27:00 AM More reviews by Jeanette1010

I thought I was going to love this foundation because my best-friend raved about it but it's honestly a disaster in my opinion. I have oily skin and this did not help at all, it just made my skin look 10x more oily even when I put on a good setting powder. Also another thing that I really disliked was the smell, it has the strongest paint smell. The packaging was also a bummer, it's really easy for the makeup to run down top and get all messy. Overall didn't like and won't be repurchasing.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/30/2014 6:55:00 AM More reviews by abbyparkergelder

I really, really wanted to love this foundation, but in reality, I was left really quite disapointed.
Originally I tried a sample and I wasn't overly impressed, but I thought that may have something to do with my not applying it with the Perfecting face brush; Come the end of my favourite Urban Decay naked skin foundation, I thought I'd go for it and buy the full sized Bare Minerals foundation along with the accompanying brush and I have to say, I was even more disapointed with the brush, I feel like much of the product is wasted and it doesn't blend nicely on my skin, infact it actually goes on better using my fingers! Another issue I have with this foundation, is that it doesn't match all that well with my skin, I was matched with '07 Bare Natural' as I normally wear a '4.0' in Urban Decay, but I just find the colour to be off. It isn't all bad, it does feel nice on your skin, like you do not have any foundation on, and it does give buildable coverage, but for me, I would only wear this during the day at work and not on a night out, so it isn't a very good day-to-night product, and when you're paying a good £24+ for a foundation, I would expect to have some versatility.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2014 7:24:00 AM More reviews by hiswe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this foundation because it works perfectly on my sensitive dry skin. I have to say that I haven't buy the brush because i really think that with it you waste so much product.
I always apply with my hands, as a serum or moisturiser and with two drops i have enough for my entire face. First you could notice a weird look but when the foundation finally sits on the skin is like you were wearing nothing. Feels so light and confortable that I'm sure I will repurchase.
This is not a silicone-base foundation so it is not going to blur any rough texture of the skin. I guess you would love this if you want a very light texture tinted moisturiser that is going to unify naturally your skintone.