Paula's Choice RESIST Weekly Retexturizing Foaming Treatment 4% BHA

Not tested on animals

Water, Butylene Glycol (slip agent/penetration enhancer), Dimethyl Isosorbide (solvent), Cocamidopropyl Dimethylamine (antistatic agent), Salicylic Acid (beta hydroxy acid exfoliant), Citric Acid (pH adjuster), Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract (antioxidant), Glycyrrhiza Uralensis (Licorice) Root Extract (anti-irritant), Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate (vitamin C/antioxidant), Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate (anti-irritant), Adenosine (cell-communicating ingredient), Allantoin (anti-irritant), Glycerin (skin-repairing ingredient), Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract (antioxidant), Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Salix Nigra (Willow) Bark Extract, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Extract (anti-irritants), Borage Officinalis (Borage) Extract (antioxidant), Ulmus Fulva (Slippery Elm) Bark Extract, Lamium Album (White Nettle) Flower Extract, Arctium Major (Burdock) Root Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Boerhavia Diffusa Root Extract (anti-irritants), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice (water-binding agent), Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil (non-fragrant plant oils/antioxidants), Polysorbate 80 (emulsifier), Disodium EDTA (chelating agent), Propylene Glycol (slip agent), Benzoic Acid, Dehydroacetic Acid, Phenoxyethanol (preservatives).

on 3/2/2015 7:09:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

i've been using this for about a month now & really like it. i wanted an intensive chemical exfoliant bc manual ones do nothing but irritate me & the advice on PC rec'd bha over aha for rosacea/acne so i went for this. i started off using it weekly, expecting some adverse side effects, but i haven't had any & upped it to 2-3x/week. i thought the foam might make it hard to apply but it's a really nice texture actually. smells a little weird but it fades quickly. i put it on at night after cleansing, let it dry, then follow w/ moisturizer. i've been trying along w/ the PC clinical 1% retinol & have definitely seen results. everyone's skin is different but this has been great on my sensitive, acne-prone skin. i can't afford derm visits rn (& hate their pushiness anyway) so i'm trying to find good otc versions of treatments that have been effective for me in the past (chemical peels, retinoids, light treatments, topical antibiotics); so far this has been a good component of that.
eta: this also works great to soften callused feet!

on 2/19/2015 9:44:00 AM

I use this product twice a week and Paula's Resist 2% BHA on the other nights. Never thought I'd say this, but I actually did see dramatic results in about three days- smoother skin, pore size diminished and redness almost gone! Now I can get by with just a touch of concealer and a bit of powder (foundation optional!) for the first time in years. My husband was even so impressed that he asked me to order the duo for him!

on 2/17/2015 8:45:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Warning!!!!
Not for everyone!
I've got bad reaction,red,swollen,burning,itchy,flaking skin!
Whole face and neck was afected and it didn't want to go away.

on 1/21/2015 8:38:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I really like this product. I recently read that exfoliants with texturized beads are actually not that great for your skin, because they just scratch the surface of the skin and don't do much else. I wanted to try a chemical exfoliant that wasn't too intense (ExfoliKate) and that's exactly what this is.

It has salicylic acid in it, which helps with my breakout-prone skin. I also have very sensitive skin, and this has not irritated it in the least. You only need one pump and you rub it into your face once a week before moisturizing, and by the morning, my skin looks refreshed, so much smoother and much clearer. Almost all of my blemishes from the night before either dried up or started to heal.

There are some minor negatives to this product - the smell is a little medicinal, and it leaves a bit of a sticky, tacky, residue on your face. Neither of these things were bad enough to stop me from using this product. It's really great!

on 1/16/2015 9:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Amazing product! I never bought into BHAs until I tried this. The 2% Skin Perfecting options from PC never did it for me. This is a different story. I'm convinced now that formulas make all the difference in the world and you shouldn't write off any one active ingredient based on a handful of bad or underwhelming experiences. If you're oily and acne-prone, try this and the 2% Pore-Refining liquid. As long as you're not allergic to any of the ingredients, they will likely treat you beautifully. HG material, no doubt.

on 12/31/2014 8:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This works really well at exfolating, however after using it as directed for a couple months, I noticed that when I was putting it on, it imparted a really awful smell. Not sure what happened but it is really unpleasant to use...

on 12/31/2014 5:23:00 PM

I had really high hopes for this product based on the other reviews as well as my experience with other Paula's choice products. Unfortunately this gave me a horrible red bumpy (orange peel like), itchy rash that took days to heal. I don't have sensitive skin so I am guessing i may be allergic to an ingredient. I had this reaction all over my face as well as my back... i did a test patch on my wrist that did not have a reaction so i made the horrible mistake of trying it on my face again only to experience the same thing. I would not repurchase and i would recommend caution to those using it to do a small patch test on their face before applying everywhere.

on 12/8/2014 11:51:00 AM

LOVE!!

on 8/18/2014 12:21:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product is unlike any other exfoliant I've used - even better than her other exfoliants. When people say you see results overnight, it is not an exaggeration! I've been using the Hydralight line from Paula's Choice for two years now, with the addition of this 4% BHA foam, the Resist super light antioxidant serum and her vitamin c serum.

I used to have mild Rosacea with both flaky and oily skin, but now my skin is even, smooth and luminous. I keep a backup in stock because I don't ever want to be stuck w/o it! It is not unusual for friends to ask about what skincare I use and this is the first product I tell them about.

on 8/16/2014 10:13:00 PM

Probably the best PC BHA formulation, although I do like quite a few of the others, this gives the best "instant" results. Use this a couple times weekly at night, and I guarantee you'll notice brighter, smoother, more even skin after a few days use.

Popular Treatments (Face)