Tarte Be MATTEnificent

4.9

on 4/17/2014 10:32:00 AM

From the moment I swatched this at Ulta, I was amazed and dreamt about this palette at night. I wanted it so bad! When I received a 20% discount from Ulta I decided I could afford to splurge and I did not regret it, especially since it's a limited edition. The colors are so beautiful, warm, complimentary and very smooth, buttery and has an amazing color payoff. I mostly use the eyeshadows, although the blush is beautiful and the two eyeliner colors are nice too. I see other people say the brush is flimsy but I actually like it. The packaging of course is cute but overall, the colors make the most beautiful palette for your eyes. Definitely one of my favorite makeups I own.

on 4/16/2014 2:02:00 PM

I own this and have been enjoying it. The colors are very subtle but they show up, and they last. This line seems to stay put all day, and the pigments are good. Highly recommend.

on 4/14/2014 9:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This palette is amazing! I always find myself reachin for it...even if im using another palette ill use it blend.

I really really love this palette. It such a shame it's limited edition.
The color pay off and belndability are amazing. Fantastic range of colors. (The black is incredible) Also includes a really great mirror.
Ever since I got this, any day I wear eye shadow I reach for this.
This is also stellar for travel. I really has everything I need in it.
If you can still find it, I recommend picking one up if anything for travel.

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Love this palette.Have just started using it and so far enjoying everything in it.

on 3/24/2014 10:43:00 AM

I love this palette! Here's a simple pros/cons list to organize my thoughts:

Cons:
-Alot of product gets kicked up when I put my brush in. That means waste of product because it comes up super easily and is a bit powdery.
-I'm kind of obsessive about keeping eye products away from face/lip products which is why i hate when eyeshadow palettes include lip colors too. This one includes a blush--which bothers me, but it turned out to be useful in the end and it's a good blush that can also be used as an eyeshadow.
-Brush is flimsy and useless
-No medium tone colors--there are a bunch of super light almost highlight colors, and then there are crease colors. I'm asian with a medium/light beige skin tone, and some of these colors are way too light on me or way too dark.

Pros:
-Gorgeous colors. The dark purple is super useful and so are the light peach colors.
-Packaging is amazing and great for travel. It's sturdy with a big mirror.
-The blush is a pretty neutral which i hear is great on all skin tones
-Unlike the Lorac Unzipped, this palette is SUPER pigmented and buttery to the full extent of the word!
-Probably one of my favorite palettes despite the fact that it's missing medium toned eyeshadows, it's just great quality, pretty and very convenient!

on 3/21/2014 1:35:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I returned this, but not due to it being a low-quality palette. It's simply because I couldn't justify keeping it due to my excessive palette collection. None of the colors were truly unique and that is what I had a problem with. It created nice looks, however I had dupes of almost every other color in the palette. I love matte shades so I like the idea, but I couldn't justify paying for this palette. That's why I never bought the Naked Basics palette.
The colors were nicely pigmented and buttery. I thought the blush was a nice addition and I loved that they included a black and a dark brown, which were perfect to use as eyeliner.
I actually hate the packaging, which might be an unpopular opinion. I think it looks a bit tacky.
This would be a nice travel palette or a palette for beginners who don't have a lot of eyeshadow or matte eyeshadows.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I had been eyeing this palette since it's release, it is packaged stunningly and reasonably priced at $36 dollars. I went to ULTA to swatch this, and from that point on I was sold. It contains 6 matte shades, all nude/rosey/plum, two matte powder liners, a radiant rosy limited edition blush, and a double ended brush. This palette is super user friendly, in fact so much so that they include look tutorials. I see myself using this interchangeably with my Naked Basics. I really cannot give this palette enough praise. Side note: if you get this from ULTA you get a free $24 value deluxe sample box with The Smooth Operator Amazonian clay setting powder and the new Energy Skintuitive Lipsurgence.

on 3/16/2014 11:27:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Beautiful colours and I am not even a purple gal and I even loved this!!! Glide on like butter and stay on all day!!!! Amazing !!!!! Go to pallet and prefect for bridal

on 3/13/2014 11:52:00 PM

I will make this short and sweet because everyone else has said it all. This is amazing. The shadows are so beautifully buttery, blendable, and just Amazing in color. The packaging itself is worth the money as it is stunning! I WILL be buying another just so I don't have to be without it.

Popular Palettes