Rimmel Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation

3.0

Cyclopentasiloxane , Dicaprylyl Ether , Water , Isododecane , Talc , Trihydroxystearin , Disteardimonium Hectorite , Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer , Silica Dimethyl Silylate , Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate , Polyglyceryl 3 Beeswax , Sorbitan Sesquioleate , Trimethylsiloxysilicate , Kaolin , Tribehenin , Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate , Propylene Carbonate , PEG 10 Dimethicone , Caprylyl Glycol , Polypropylene , Phenoxyethanol , Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer , Sodium Chloride , Dimethiconol , Laureth 4 , BHT , Tocopherol , May Contain (+/-): , Titanium DioxideCI 77891 , Iron OxidesCI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I think people are at odds about the texture of this product. It's described as either lightweight or heavy. Personally, I'm on the heavy side of the argument. The coverage and texture are thick and prone to looking cake-y. It has this oily feel to it that's hard to describe but is unpleasant. But for some reason, my face is sort of matte upon application. A little goes a long way, so I use only a pea-sized amount for my whole face. It dries down to a semi-matte finish that's surprisingly nice and smooth, and somewhat controls oiliness. It lasts for a typical work/school day in my experience (touch ups are needed).

However, it does look like you are wearing makeup, no matter how much I try to sheer it out. Because it's thick, blending is tricky. I would maybe recommend this foundation to someone with somewhat oily skin looking for medium to full coverage. There are better mattifying foundations in the market, but for the price and performance, it's an ok option.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Pros.: lightweight, easy to apply, good coverage, easy to take off, no scent.
Cons.: none

I've just started using this foundation and so far really like it. I have acne and acne scars. It does make my skin look better than without makeup but natural at the same time. The packaging is hygienic and easy to use. I am applying it with my fingers, because it's thick and brush didn't seem to work very well. My skin is very oily, but this product provides great shine control. It has no shimmer, matte finish, no need to use powder or concealer or even primer. No touch ups. And it doesn't show in creases at the end of the day. Seems like a perfect buy..but the important part to me is to see if it cause break outs or not. I will update this review in a month.

I was in a tight spot after I ran out of my go to foundation, Bare Minerals, and needed something in a hurry. So I went to the drugstore and picked this up figuring for the price even if I didn't love it it wouldn't be a huge loss. Well, I'm so glad that I didn't pay a fortune for it because it was terrible. It did everything that I needed it to. It covered well, matched my skin tone, and was a matte finish. It was a little heavier than I would have liked, but after using bare minerals, any liquid or mousse foundation is a bit heavier than I prefer. I actually had very few complaints. What killed it for me, however, was when I started to break out horrendously all over my entire face. That's incredibly usual because I wash my face without fail, twice a day, removing makeup before hand. I even exfoliate twice a week. I changed nothing else during this time. So, while this product was great for the money and did meet all of my needs it really failed miserably when it came to being gentle on my pores. It junks them up. Sadly, I ended up shelling out a bunch of money for Bare Minerals, but at least my face isn't covered with blemishes anymore.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

ONE OF THE WORST FOUNDATIONS I HAVE EVER USED , LOOKS CAKEY AS F ONCE ON YOUR FACE AND RUBS OFF ON ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING IT COMES INTO CONTACT WITH . ALSO IT BURNS/STINGS THE INSIDE OF YOUR EYES EVEN IF THEY ARE CLOSED . THE PRICE IS GOOD BUT THE FOUNDATION ITSELF IS ANYTHING BUT . DO NOT BUY IT THAT IS ALL

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I can't tell if i should repurchase this product again or not..there's a tie between its pros and cons!!!

Pros:
Cheap/ nice packaging/ lasts all day literally/ has full coverage and a matte finish and controls my oily skin

Cons:
Clings to dry patches and emphasize smile lines/ can easily look cakey/ feels heavy on the skin/ can oxidize a teeny tiny bit

Overall it's a decent product that doesn't blow my mind but also doesn't diappoint me and surprisingly I usually recieve compliments on my skin when I put it on

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This was honestly the world foundation I have ever used. I had a lot of hope for this foundation, It seemed perfect for my oily skin and it was a perfect match to my skin tone when I tested it in the store. After I got home, I tested out my new foundation, only to find that not only did it not allow my skin to breathe, even with the tiniest bit in my face. It felt so caked and horrible on my face, it was like wearing a thick muddy face mask. I decided that I would see if it got better during the day because I was in a rush to go out, but when I got home two hours later I found my skin looking caky and Orange, as the foundation had oxidised in an extremely short amount of time. Overall, the package is very cute and the price was only $7 from the target I bought it from, but this is the worst foundation I have ever used. Terrible texture that WOULD NOT blend even in the tiniest amount, never looked matte on my skin, and it oxidised in 2 hours. Rommel have such amazing foundations but this is by far their biggest failure.

I have a very oily t-zone, and mature skin. Although I have older skin, it has a high moisture balance. My nose and forehead are constantly getting shiny, and makeup just seems to fade off. When I saw this in the drugstore, I thought it was the answer to my prayers. A cheap makeup that stays matte? Oh yes! Just what I've been looking for.

Hell to the NO.

If you want to look like a total cakeface after two hours, wear this.
If you want your face to look like it's literally cracking when you smile, wear this.
If you want every single pore accentuated, wear this.
If you want your skin to become oily after less than two hours, wear this.

What a disappointment. I normally like Rimmel products, but this was a total bust. I didn't even realize how horrible I looked until I actually put on my glasses and checked in the mirror a couple of hours later! UGH! I couldn't believe it. It aged me 10 years.

It DOES have good coverage, hence the two lippies. I used very little, and still ended up a cakey mess. Nothing helped it. I tried using an intensive moisturizer, luminizing primer, etc. underneath, and I STILL came out looking like an old cracked vase.

I am definitely switching to a higher end brand of makeup. Something with a demi matte finish. This is horror show awful...for me, anyway.

If you have dry skin, stay away. If you have mature skin, stay away. Even if you have oily skin, please reconsider. This product is not your friend.

Great coverage but I can't wear it near my undereyes. Makes them look creppy and accentuates fine lines. Scared the hell outta me. I will use it as a concealer over my CG 3 in 1. Using only a small amount as per advice of other reviewers. Thank you for the tip.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I actually really like this foundation. Although I am a die hard Make Up Forever Mat Velvet fan, this is a good foundation at an extremely low price. It is thick, and it is matte, and if you use too much or if you don't have very oily skin it can look pretty awful, but I love using this in the summer with no powder on top for oil control. In the winter it can look a little heavy and it will cling to dry patches. But a little goes a long way and once you realize that and only use like a little dab, it can work wonders on oily skin. Its full coverage, and I find it doesn't oxidize at all, compared to a lot of drugstore foundations. I am on my third tube, and I will probably continue to buy it as long as they make it. It's a great everyday foundation that helps me stretch my expensive stuff.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It went well at the beginning. However, as time past, I did not like. It wasn't fitting for who I am. Understand? like a woman to a child make up, for the best example.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

NEW Rimmel Stay Matte Foundation - First Impression (F.I.F) by Chloe Luckin

Rimmel Stay Matte Collection Review by LivingDeadGirl

Review | Rimmel Stay Matte Foundation ? by SerafinBeauty

Rimmel Stay Matte Foundation~First Impression/Review by AlexaMarieMakeup

Drugstore acne coverage foundation | Review of Rimmel London Stay Matte Foundation by Natasha Ohara