Rimmel Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation

3.0

Cyclopentasiloxane , Dicaprylyl Ether , Water , Isododecane , Talc , Trihydroxystearin , Disteardimonium Hectorite , Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer , Silica Dimethyl Silylate , Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate , Polyglyceryl 3 Beeswax , Sorbitan Sesquioleate , Trimethylsiloxysilicate , Kaolin , Tribehenin , Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate , Propylene Carbonate , PEG 10 Dimethicone , Caprylyl Glycol , Polypropylene , Phenoxyethanol , Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer , Sodium Chloride , Dimethiconol , Laureth 4 , BHT , Tocopherol , May Contain (+/-): , Titanium DioxideCI 77891 , Iron OxidesCI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499

on 3/31/2015 1:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I got this product some time ago because I ran out of my go-to foundation and this only cost $4-5. It has an nice texture, it's very creamy. It also covers fairly well. However it slid off my face so easily throughout the day. My nose even looked patchy - not cute. I did put on Rimmel Stay Matte pressed powder (love that stuff) but it didn't seem to help. My face felt like an oil slick. This might be okay for someone with dry skin but for me, it was anything but matte.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I bought this foundation awhile ago from CVS. I bought the True Beige (203) and unfortunately wasn't my shade. However, I liked it. It made my skin feel really smooth and soft. I'm a girl who likes a more matte look since I have oily skin, especially on my nose and forehead. With my Rimmel Stay Matte powder, I don't get oily and only have to do minor touch ups maybe 2-3 times in 24 hours. I recommend this to oily-skinned people.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

MY HG FOUNDATION! I have repurchased this so many times I love it! I go for very full coverage foundations and this one is perfect. It covers all my redness, scarring, pimples, everything! I love to apply it with my fingers and it makes me look like I have clear, airbrushed skin. I don't have to use primer, or setting powder as this is heavy as it is. It stays on allllll day even though I have very oily skin. Colour range is excellent (for me anyway) and I will continue to buy this!

on 3/27/2015 12:21:00 PM

I'm not sure why this is called a mousse foundation, it has the consistency of plain white toothpaste, but I went ahead and used a damp makeup wedge and it applied very fast and thin, while still covering and blending nicely. The lightest shade works well on my deathly pale complexion with a little smoothing out with the wedge. Much less orange on me than the Maybelline Dream Mousse in its lightest shade, and it didn't turn the sponge orange like Dream Mousse always does. I'm not sure why I hadn't run across this in the stores until now, it is nice for the price and I was pleasantly surprised.

I'm giving this a middle-of-the-road overall rating because fine 40-something age lines are ridiculously obvious with these thick, dry foundations, and this is no different than the rest. It feels like it's going to stay put and possibly not oxidize orange later in the day, but I will be checking. I tend toward oily skin so it seems I'm always looking for new products that can stand up to the oilies. It plays nicely with NYC translucent pressed powder.

This is the only Rimmel foundation I've found that is pale without having other tones on me. Most are too yellow. It does feel nice applied with a damp sponge, dabbing on with fingertips makes it much too thick to do anything with at all. No word on sunscreen, but it has some of the basic sunscreen ingredients; I wouldn't trust it to protect against sun damage alone. I burn easily and don't want melanoma, so I will be sunscreening.

on 3/22/2015 5:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

If you want to look like someone rubbed cake batter all over your face, this is the product for you! But if you're like everyone else, this is a terrible product. It is so thick and gloppy. It does not evenly distribute on your face. After putting it on my face, along with my mother and sister we all broke out with acne. I would not recommend this product!

on 3/15/2015 2:10:00 PM

I really like this foundation excellent:) ive tried millions of foundation this is great stuff .

on 3/9/2015 8:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This product works well on my oily skin. It's super easy to apply and blends extremely well. The coverage it provides is excellent and it can be built up easily if needs be. Leaves my skin looking flawless. A staple in my makeup bag ☺

The only downside is the packaging as it looks quite cheap and gets dirty easily but I can live with that!

on 3/5/2015 5:56:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

For reference, I wear a MAC NC35 in ProLongwear and NC37 in Studio Fix Fluid, and in this foundation, I chose 200 Soft Beige. It's just a little bit pale on me, but if I use my pressed powder over it (MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Medium Dark), then it looks fine. I think the color Sand might be a better match for me, but I couldn't find it.

Overall, I like this foundation because it gives full coverage, has a nice squeeze-tube container, and doesn't break me out. However, it takes a lot of "work" with blending and dabbing and the right powder to get it to look right, so I only wear it if I have a lot of time to work on it. It's definitely not a "swipe it on and go" kind of foundation. When I use my Mineralize Skinfinish over it, it does look a tad bit cake-y after a couple of hours (and I'm a full-coverage foundation lover, so I don't think most foundations are cake-y). However, if I use my loose mineral powder and buff it in, then it looks good. Still, it's a lot of work to get it to look right.

The coverage is full, and thick - a pea-sized amount will cover your whole face and more and be thick as heck. But, it works great if you have dark brown acne scars to cover on your face like I do.

The wear-time is medium to long. It doesn't last as long as MAC ProLongwear - I can get pretty oily on my nose after 6 hours of this, but it doesn't come off or anything - it just gets shiny. I think it wears off pretty evenly too, so you don't get patches of foundation here and there.

Overall, if you have near-perfect skin and prefer lightweight/light-coverage foundations, don't bother with this. You'll think it's way too thick and heavy. However, if you have a lot to cover and prefer full-coverage foundations like Estee Lauder Double Wear, MAC ProLongwear, Kat Von D Lock-it or Revlon Colorstay, then you would probably dig this, especially if you can find a good color match.

on 3/5/2015 1:38:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I love this foundation. I have used it a few times. I understand how it can be seen as cakey because it is a thick full coverage foundation. However i find that if i use slow, dabbing motions instead of swiping and really taking my time to blend it makes it look great. I also only apply a tiny bit because it's so thick. I can also see how it wouldn't be great for people with super dry skin. So yeah, i exfoliate, moisturize and apply slowly in dabbing motions and it works for me :-)

on 3/2/2015 12:53:00 PM

I recommend before putting on this foundation to use lots of moisturizing lotion on your face if you have dry skin. It can make you very flakey if you don't use moisturizer , but if you do the coverage is wonderful .

Video Reviews & Tutorials