January 31, 2015 | 1276 users online

Liquid - Rimmel - Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 12/29/2014 6:10:00 PM More reviews by lalalowie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So I was browsing CVS one day and came across this product. At this time I was breaking out and looking for something that would control my oily t zone and literally mask any and all imperfections. It was only like 5 dollars so I figured I'd get it since it was such a bargain.

I bought it in 203 true beige. It covered everything wonderfully, no setting powder needed, it was feathery light on my face just as it said on the packaging, and matched my skin tone. Although there are many pros to this product, the cons for me personally outweigh the pros. I moisturized before applying this foundation and it still managed to accentuate dry patches on my face which was a no-no. It did end up oxidizing a bit darker than the initial application, and worst of all it breaks me out when ever I use it :(

The product itself is great, but like I said the cons make it so I would't repurchase this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/27/2014 9:09:00 AM More reviews by magazinesanddreams

Extremely good coverage if you have acne/redness. However doesnt last very long so by the end of the day my redness is visible. Can look quite cakey depending on how you apply it, overall wouldn't use it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/25/2014 12:25:00 PM More reviews by AdriannaJ1997

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Keeps you matte all day (My shade was 201 Classic Beige, it was neutral/pinky toned). Would be AMAZING for Oily-Very Oily skin! I have Combination, so this looked HORRIBLE on my dry patches. It is VERY full coverage. I would recommend this for a special occasion or interview, unless you like heavy coverage everyday. (A little goes a long way. Applying too much will make it look cakey and it will feel heavy on your skin.) Also there are very limited shades.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/23/2014 7:57:00 AM More reviews by TiffanyAnne

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I haven't been on my MUA account in forever, but I decided to log in just to review this foundation because I hated it so much. I was excited to try this because of all the rave reviews, but as soon as I applied it I started wondering how different everyone else's skin must be from mine. I mean I'm a pretty pale girl so I got the first two shades to see which one would work. The lightest is literally pink. Not even cool toned or neutral, just straight Patrick Star pink with maybe a hint of orange. The next shade up would probably be okay on some people but on me just looked like a weird dark orangey tan. Plus it's hard to blend evenly and clings to any dry spots. And I have oily skin.. I honestly think this foundation creates dry spots that weren't even there to begin with. Try this if you're looking for a full coverage, dark orange, dry cakey mask.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/16/2014 12:18:00 AM More reviews by hcking

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this stuff!
Keep trying out different products but always come back to this one. Doesn't break my skin out or make me feel super oily. (I buy 103 true ivory).
It blends really nicely with a damp sponge and I find the staying power pretty awesome. I put it on and then did a 10.5 hour hike and my makeup looked like I had just applied it!

Says its a liquid mousse but I don't really get why the "liquid" is there. It's more creamy than liquid.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2014 7:23:00 PM More reviews by laurenruddick

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm currently on my second tube of this foundation and I'm finding it great so far! It is very very high coverage and some might find it a bit cakey but after using a lot of other matte foundations it really isn't in comparison. I apply this with my fingers as I feel it gives best results, it does need a lot of rubbing for it to dry, and I don't think you really need a powder with this as it dries quite powdery.

The colours do suck but I mix the very lightest and the very darkest (I don't know why but this works) to get a medium colour that isn't available.

If you can be bothered to mix colours I'd definitely recommend this product!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2014 3:48:00 PM More reviews by purvisme2

I use this only on bad skin days, as it is super high coverage. But I give it 5 lippies because it delivers high coverage very well! This is one of the few things I apply with my fingers. I know the shade range sucks for most people, but the two lightest shades are perfect for me when I'm varying degrees of pale. I don't have dry spots (I am obsessed with moisturizing) and I don't really get oily but man do I break out sometimes, despite RX meds and creams and gels. When I do, I can still feel confident in this, and even get compliments on my skin!! I'll always have two tubes of this in my makeup bag.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/7/2014 12:54:00 PM More reviews by crissy234

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm really enjoying this foundation. It is definitely NOT for anyone who has dry skin because it will cling to dry patches. It's medium to full coverage and it's definitely good to use very little at a time because if you put too much on at a time it can look very cakey (I learned this the first time I used it). I don't need to use any powder on my T-zone when I'm using this foundation. There's not the greatest color range to choose from which is also a con, but I've found that this seems to be the norm for Rimmel. The packaging is ok, but it's hard to control how much you're squeezing out when you're starting to run low. I'm not sure what kind of packaging would work better for this type of formula though (maybe a tub container like the Revlon whipped mousse foundation).

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2014 6:22:00 AM More reviews by MAHewitt

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I just went out and bought four more bottles 😄❤️ Yikes! 10 out of 10

rated 2 of 5 on 11/27/2014 2:17:00 AM More reviews by anicee74

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I want to like it, I really do. Having said that, I'm afraid I am not a fan of this foundation.

For starters, I bought this thinking it was just a repackaging of the "Stay Matte + Skinpure Complex." I loved that product! It was stupid of me not to pay more attention. I saw "Stay Matte" and immediately grabbed it up. For starters, this is (clearly, to anyone who actually looks at things before purchasing) mousse, not liquid. In fairness it's in a tube, and doesn't have a pump. That is odd to me for the density of this foundation, but that's just me.

I used it for the first time and as soon as it came out of the tube I knew this was a losing fight for me. I used it after moisturizing, and it was a nasty, cake-y mess that amplified every dry spot on my face. It almost felt like a mask. I immediately removed it because I was so unhappy.

The next time I tried it I decided to mix it with a little bit of moisturizer to loosen it up, and thin it out a bit. It definitely applied easier that way, but I was still unhappy with the feel & appearance of it after I set it. Unfortunately, for me, this product will be handed down to my niece.