December 20, 2014 | 1242 users online

Lips - Revlon - Colorburst Lacquer Balm (all shades)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2014 9:21:00 PM More reviews by AlzoBelzo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

To be honest I don't think I would've tried this had it not been a 'free gift' from Myer when I spent $40 on Revlon products. I had been put off by the 'balm' aspect, as I like a bit of colour ('what's the point' line of thinking), however this is a 'lacquer balm'. I was surprised by how pigmented it is, and with no glitter or shimmer in this shade. It's a wind up tube, about twice the length of your average lippie, but the same amount of product.

Vivacious is a bright raspberry shade that really pops. I think it's easier to wear than red, especially at work. I received at least 5 compliments the first day I wore it, and I'm a daily lipgloss/balm/stick wearer. I found the swatch I did on my skin is quite comparable of what it looks like on my lips. I love wearing bright lipstick/gloss, but hate it when the colour 'bleeds' into your lip lines. I did not have this issues with application, it goes on so easily, and depending on how you apply it stays in that tight line of your lips.

I wouldn't say it's moisturising, it is definitely glossy, but if you're prone to dry lips I think this could exacerbate that. In fact, the one con was that I had worn this when I had dry, cracked lips, and it actually 'tattooed' colour into the lip-crack. It took about a day to wear off! In saying that, if you don't manage to inadvertently tattoo your lips, It does swipe off easily so needs re-application after eating/drinking.

I am very glad I was exposed to it as I do genuinely really like the product. I will be trying out more next time they're on sale.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/3/2014 3:13:00 AM More reviews by paperdoll66

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

It's definitely possible that I might have liked this better if I had a different color. The only one I've tried is Coquette. I'm not a fan of sparkle or gloss, and this has both. I really disliked using this by itself, but I do like layering it. Because I don't normally buy something glossy or with glitter, it does fill a bit of a hole in my makeup bag. I have found that I'm more likely to reach for this than others, because it has a strong color. It layers over top of my other lipsticks well, including other balms. I'm not going to buy any more, but this is getting used.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2014 11:24:00 AM More reviews by pmburk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this in Demure and I love it. It is a great, shimmery, pale pink n ude. I am NW15 and it makes the perfect "n ude lip" for me. (Sorry, I have to add a space to "n-ude" or my security software will block it.) Demure is pretty shimmery, but I think it looks nice with the pale pink finish. Finish is semi-glossy, and as typical of any gloss/balm, not very long lasting. I bought this to keep in my bag & desk when I want to touch up my lips throughout the day without a mirror. Moisturization is meh. I wouldn't call this a tinted balm by any means, as it doesn't provide any actual hydration. Still, I like the finish, and it is easy to wear & reapply. Overall I am happy with this, and I would definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2014 7:10:00 AM More reviews by ShimmeryPastels

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Ingenue is the perfect nude shade for my NC35 skintone. The perfect nude! I've finally found the perfect nude shade for me. This is greatly pigmented. It covers my lips perfectly. Also it feels like mint when applying. I don't know why it took me so long to try this product. This is definitely a holy grail of mine.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2014 7:02:00 PM More reviews by flappergirl35

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought Ingenue and I love it! It is a perfect nude for me; fair with yellow undertone skin. It isn't too light, and doesn't give me mannequin lips. It is a medium soft, peachy nude shade that I think would be universally flattering. The formula is creamy and light, and feels good on the lips.

It comes in a swivel-up case, which is very easy to use. Plenty of product inside too, which is a bonus.

I plan to go out and buy more shades from this line.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2014 8:36:00 AM More reviews by MsPsylocke

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have this in Whimsical and I love the colour. It is a bright rose raspberry shade with beautiful blue and silver micro glitter and I love it! It is a great fun Spring/Summer shade. I like how it goes on very smooth, but I can feel a little grit it doesn't bother me though because I like the shimmer and bought it because of it. The mint scent/flavor is not as strong as Tarte's but it's very nice. What I really like is it leaves my lips soft and with a light stain no glitter lips here.

If you like fun shades this is a great one to try. Especially if you are cool toned. I find being cool toned with this colour makes my eyes really stand out. The wear time is about 2 hours more with the staining, I actually like reapplying so no biggie for me. I also own a matte one and I would purchase more.:) Recommended!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2014 8:21:00 PM More reviews by lulu56

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought Whimsical, the only one that looked to me a dark red. And still sealed, lol. On me, and my pigmented lips this is a dark berry red and ladies, be warned, this has a lot of glitter in it. When I first swiped it on, I thought it looked nice and made my lips look full but, when it wore off (about an hour or two) tiny glitters were left behind. Well, at my age, some sparkle is acceptable if I am going out with the girls at night, but during the day at work, uh, no. I don't mind the mint taste. I already tried the Matte Balms, some of which are too bright for me and some don't work with my coloring, Sultry turned orangey brown on me and the medium pink one turned orange. I will try another color in the Lacquer line but if it turns out just as glittery as Whimsical, won't be buying anymore.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2014 5:22:00 PM More reviews by hesperia

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have a perfect horror of the loud, impossibly vulgar shades of l/s which are, regrettably, so much in vogue these days. I mean, never mind that orange-hued l/s are common in themselves (always have been; that's why they were never very popular, until today) now they have to make them neon, too! Oh, well. As with everything fashion, this too will pass.

Anyway, as you can imagine this puts me at a painful disadvantge when it comes to trying out novelty l/s. I love the idea of lip stains so I was browsing the Revlon Lip Lawyers the other day. I recoiled from most of the colors, until I saw Coy. I bought it, more to check out the consistency than anything else. Well, I love it. On me, this is a very wearable brown. It is warm enough to avoid the flat, greyish, dull look that you risk with most browns. It is also surprisingly adaptable. I can wear this with any color of clothes and it goes well with all of them.

I like the texture, too. Shiny, but not gooey. Not drying. Sheer, but with enough color. I do recommend it.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2014 6:14:00 PM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Bought "Whimsical" on a whim - after seeing ads for it and Emma Stone wearing it.
Keep in mind that my coloring is nothing like hers - but the is cool-toned bright fushia had the gloss and ease of application.

Unfortunately there is also a mint/menthol component that makes my (already dry) lips sting.

Not fun.

Oh the things we do for beauty. Good this it was only $8.99.
Love the color though - and nicely pigmented - unlike the CoverGirl Gloss Balm which is way too sheer. (But not minty).

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2014 11:57:00 AM More reviews by beetrootcheeks

I chose the Lacquer Balm in Ingenue, a sheer brown-pink nude. The silver glitter is subtle but catches light, which makes my lips look fuller, and the finish is shiny without being too glossy or metallic. I wouldn't call the color "bursting" and it mostly disappears on me within an hour.

I am always looking for the perfect "Bardot" nude and, though the name helps, I think Ingenue qualifies as a solid drugstore option on me. It's versatile, polished, and a little sexy. I just wish it lasted longer.