October 24, 2014 | 1598 users online

Lips - Revlon - Colorburst Lacquer Balm (all shades)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2014 7:02:00 PM More reviews by flappergirl35

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought Ingenue and I love it! It is a perfect nude for me; fair with yellow undertone skin. It isn't too light, and doesn't give me mannequin lips. It is a medium soft, peachy nude shade that I think would be universally flattering. The formula is creamy and light, and feels good on the lips.

It comes in a swivel-up case, which is very easy to use. Plenty of product inside too, which is a bonus.

I plan to go out and buy more shades from this line.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2014 8:36:00 AM More reviews by MsPsylocke

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have this in Whimsical and I love the colour. It is a bright rose raspberry shade with beautiful blue and silver micro glitter and I love it! It is a great fun Spring/Summer shade. I like how it goes on very smooth, but I can feel a little grit it doesn't bother me though because I like the shimmer and bought it because of it. The mint scent/flavor is not as strong as Tarte's but it's very nice. What I really like is it leaves my lips soft and with a light stain no glitter lips here.

If you like fun shades this is a great one to try. Especially if you are cool toned. I find being cool toned with this colour makes my eyes really stand out. The wear time is about 2 hours more with the staining, I actually like reapplying so no biggie for me. I also own a matte one and I would purchase more.:) Recommended!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2014 8:21:00 PM More reviews by lulu56

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought Whimsical, the only one that looked to me a dark red. And still sealed, lol. On me, and my pigmented lips this is a dark berry red and ladies, be warned, this has a lot of glitter in it. When I first swiped it on, I thought it looked nice and made my lips look full but, when it wore off (about an hour or two) tiny glitters were left behind. Well, at my age, some sparkle is acceptable if I am going out with the girls at night, but during the day at work, uh, no. I don't mind the mint taste. I already tried the Matte Balms, some of which are too bright for me and some don't work with my coloring, Sultry turned orangey brown on me and the medium pink one turned orange. I will try another color in the Lacquer line but if it turns out just as glittery as Whimsical, won't be buying anymore.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2014 5:22:00 PM More reviews by hesperia

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have a perfect horror of the loud, impossibly vulgar shades of l/s which are, regrettably, so much in vogue these days. I mean, never mind that orange-hued l/s are common in themselves (always have been; that's why they were never very popular, until today) now they have to make them neon, too! Oh, well. As with everything fashion, this too will pass.

Anyway, as you can imagine this puts me at a painful disadvantge when it comes to trying out novelty l/s. I love the idea of lip stains so I was browsing the Revlon Lip Lawyers the other day. I recoiled from most of the colors, until I saw Coy. I bought it, more to check out the consistency than anything else. Well, I love it. On me, this is a very wearable brown. It is warm enough to avoid the flat, greyish, dull look that you risk with most browns. It is also surprisingly adaptable. I can wear this with any color of clothes and it goes well with all of them.

I like the texture, too. Shiny, but not gooey. Not drying. Sheer, but with enough color. I do recommend it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2014 6:14:00 PM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Bought "Whimsical" on a whim - after seeing ads for it and Emma Stone wearing it.
Keep in mind that my coloring is nothing like hers - but the is cool-toned bright fushia had the gloss and ease of application.

Unfortunately there is also a mint/menthol component that makes my (already dry) lips sting.

Not fun.

Oh the things we do for beauty. Good this it was only $8.99.
Love the color though - and nicely pigmented - unlike the CoverGirl Gloss Balm which is way too sheer. (But not minty).

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2014 11:57:00 AM More reviews by beetrootcheeks

I chose the Lacquer Balm in Ingenue, a sheer brown-pink nude. The silver glitter is subtle but catches light, which makes my lips look fuller, and the finish is shiny without being too glossy or metallic. I wouldn't call the color "bursting" and it mostly disappears on me within an hour.

I am always looking for the perfect "Bardot" nude and, though the name helps, I think Ingenue qualifies as a solid drugstore option on me. It's versatile, polished, and a little sexy. I just wish it lasted longer.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2014 12:31:00 AM More reviews by ayanelmi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE
I have 6 all in total.
2 matte balms
2 just bitten kissable balms
2 laquer balms

honestly I am planning to buy more!!

My favorite lip product by far! Its perfect for a girl who loves vibrant color pay off as well as amazing lip hydration. Its literally the perfect thing to carry around and apply for day to night.
REVLON, KEEP MAKING MORE!!! I am obsessed.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2014 5:02:00 PM More reviews by truelily

Wonderful product ! For those who are fans of Just Bitten Kissable, you will love these lacquer balm. I have Vivacious, it is a bright pink in a shade you don't see that often, very flattering, definitely draws attention to your lips. Go ahead and dare to wear it, you won't regret it !

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2014 3:12:00 PM More reviews by funkysmama

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I liked many of features of this: nice feel on the lips, medium-translucence, low-gloss. Unfortunately, I couldn't quite like the color I picked, which was 150 - Enticing. On the back of my hand, it looked like a reasonable brick-red, but somehow on my lips it morphed into a bright coral-rose sort of color. I tried it a lot around the house, thinking I maybe just wasn't used to the brightness, but I finally nixed it as being too... I don't know what, just too something.

Will return this color, but probably try to find another shade that suits, because I did like it overall.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2014 1:55:00 PM More reviews by taurusdragonfly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

Bought this in Coy and it has become an everyday fave. Coy is a sheer rust shade with micro flecks of sparkle. The texture is perfect - feels like a good balm and not too shiny and sparkly. The color lasts and goes on perfectly smooth and even. It does leave the sparkles behind as it wears off. It's fairly sheer but close to my complexion, so it works as a MLBB + sparkle shade. Usually I would hate the glitter, but in this shade it's not too obnoxious. Starts off slightly minty just like the just bitten balms. Wears well and reapplies without getting clumpy or crusty looking. The pencil shape is nice for quick, mirrorless application. Big recommend!