April 20, 2014 | 1337 users online

Liquid - Jane - Oil Free foundation [DISCONTINUED]

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2009 1:14:00 AM More reviews by DLYNN

Color 03, Bisque, is the closest foundation color that I've ever worn. Going on, it looks like a second version of my skin, just more even. It is not too pink, not too orange and not too yellow. I can't believe I actually found a color that is neutral! I don't want to go back to the other brands that match my skin less and break it out more.

The coverage is excellent without being heavy and it is easy to blend with a little moisturizer or a spritz of water. I also liked the pump dispenser. I feel that it keeps the product more sanitary, and it also makes a little bit go a long, long way. As a result, Jane Oil-Free Foundation lasts months longer even as it eliminates the possibility of applying too much and wasting product. The pump mechanism is very well designed. You can get just a smidgen out to cover a blemish or a full depression to dot the entire face. What makes this method of dispensing especially useful is that you can count the number of dispenses that result in the desired coverage level so that the amount of foundation you wear doesn't differ from day-to-day. You can't be this precise with products that dispense differently.

Whoever said the consistency of this foundation is runny and the color is ashen had it dead wrong, IMHO. All of the light to medium colors I have seen, including my own, are incredibly balanced and natural looking. You can turn the jar upside down and it will not run like milk. You have to give it a good shake prior to application like any other foundation. At the same time, it is not overly thick, which is exactly what you want if you don't want your makeup to streak or look painted on. I can't emphasize enough that this is THE BEST drugstore formula I have ever owned bar none. This foundation may not wear quite as long as some of the pricier brands that contain an oil base, but then those brands tend to break me out and don't match as well. As oil-free foundations go, Jane can't be beat. The only reason I can imagine to knock this product at all would be if I had a much darker skin tone. Jane doesn't carry a broad selection of shades, but they do carry a decent variety of lighter shades when compared to cosmetic companies that try to be all things to all people.

Now for the bad news. The Jane website says that Walmart and Walgreens carries this product. However, all the Walgreens and Walmarts in my area have discontinued the entire Jane product line. I'm not sure if it will be available in the US for much longer at this rate. Rite-Aid is the only place I can sometimes find these, and again the selection is limited. Worse, the Jane cosmetic line is not even prevalent online. Drugstore.com, another retailer listed on the Jane website, carries only a fraction of Jane cosmetics, and this "Oil-Free Face Makeup" as Jane calls this product, is not among them (as of this writing). This makes me very sad. I've never had a makeup product that I liked so well and my rating attests to that. I will almost never give a perfect rating to any product.

If there are others who have tried Jane products and liked one or more of them, by all means write a review and tell a friend. Products like this won't stick around for long if they remain a best-kept secret.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2009 4:27:00 PM More reviews by pualonnie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Okay...I am all about finding a great product at an amazing price and this product meets the criteria. For starters it provides great coverage. Dries very quickly so blend fast. Oil -free so it won't clog your pores. The bottle is awesome because it has a little pump (you never pump out too much) I bought this from a Walgreens when it was buy one get one free, and I will for sure be buying it again. I have tried several foundations and this honestly works just as well as some of the pricer counter-parts.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2009 4:18:00 PM More reviews by smm9032

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this because it was super cheap. The shade matched my skin nicely and the liquid blended well. However, the coverage is quite sheer and did not even out my skin tone well. It also tends to get shiny throughout the day. It's not a horrible foundation, but not one that I will buy again.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/8/2009 9:45:00 PM More reviews by MakeMeUp14326

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I was too pale for the lightest shade, but I don't mind because the consistency is runny, the color is ashy, and it's a bad foundation anyway.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/6/2009 10:12:00 AM More reviews by Floridaisa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great color match and loved the pump. Price was great too. But, left me oily and totally caked and disappeared from my face by mid day. Luckily it was only about $3.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/1/2008 12:16:00 AM More reviews by makeupaislemama

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i like the pump, it is so nice ----> plus the color matches my skin tone so well especially for such a great price

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2008 5:10:00 PM More reviews by ali723

what a great find! so cheap, but it really works well. plus, great pump bottle. The beige color matched me PERFECTLY. i don't think this has ever happened before. ever. it can be a little drying and will show all your little flakies but small price to pay for such a small price to pay (sorry bad joke). i will definitely buy this again and again.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/27/2008 5:53:00 PM More reviews by lovepink415

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Although the lightest shade matched me, it didn't cover anything. I just threw it away.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2008 4:07:00 PM More reviews by pretty_please

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like this foundation a lot. I have Ivory and it matches my pale cool toned complexion. It is pinky toned and didnt turn orange on me. Its fairly sheer but honestly I like that. I applied it with a damp sponge and set with translucent powder and it covered exactly how I wanted it too...not mask like not heavy but just enough. Since its oil free (obviously) I can wear moisturizer underneath and not have my foundation go on funny or be super oily at any point in the day. No breakouts from this yet. I'd rebuy.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2008 6:58:00 PM More reviews by FedoraJane

Bah!

I could not get this foundation to work. I was totally in love with the price tag and square bottle (Complete with a decent pump!) The color looked promising in the store too!

I applied this with my beloved SK brush and the results were passable in dim artificial lighting. Not much coverage and the color was a touch too dark after prolonged wear but, overall, passable.

It was much harder to wear in natural daylight. It really brought out my pores and looked slick. Not dewey, not oily either - but rather... wet. It wasn't a very good base to lay powder on, which is unforgivable given its pore-enlarging properties.

The color also oxidized noticably, going from a subtle ivory to peachy-orange in under fifteen minutes.