December 19, 2014 | 1644 users online

Liquid - Clinique - Stay True [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2011 4:56:00 PM More reviews by FleaPunk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a fine foundation! I have very oily skin and this seems to holding up quite nicely. I picked it up at The Cosmetic Company Store, an outlet for Estee Lauder brands, so I paid $15.50 for the bottle. I find that with all of my oil-free foundations I have to move fast to blend it, It's OIL-FREE, therefore it will be less slickery on the skin. What I do to combat this is, apply a few dots to my face, one section at a time, either with my finger tip or a stippling brush, then blend with a dampened sponge. ALWAYS USE A DAMP SPONGE! Not only will this help with the blending, it keeps away the cakeyness and you can build it up if needed. I finish it off with a light dusting of Bobbi Brown's Illuminating Finish Powder and VIOLA! An even, grease-less, finish.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2011 9:36:00 AM More reviews by lisaeberling

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

ok so after a bad review i decided to try applying this foundation in different ways and i found that using a light hand and a primer is key to this foundation. So i felt it was only fair to redo this review
this is an awesome long wearing foundation with great coverage but it is SO IMPORTANT TO USE A LIGHT APPLICATION AND A PRIMER! it looks beautiful and wears all day like a charm im so glad i didnt trash this or give it away :)

rated 3 of 5 on 3/1/2011 2:32:00 AM More reviews by Cathroll

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Really liked it, blends well, looks natural and stays on all day. Don't like the packaging. And it doesn't have sunscreen which I wasn't aware of before after I bought it. So therefore, I will not buy it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/2/2010 8:39:00 PM More reviews by jod84

it's watery and don't cover any thing not even the tint of redness around my nose. i will never rebuy

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2010 6:33:00 PM More reviews by jen1103

Not too impressed - I didn't feel it controlled oil very well, and certainly didn't provide "moderate to full coverage." My skin tone is usually pretty easy to match, even with cheap drugstore makeup, but this was too orangey or too dark in every shade. I do like the Clinique Acne Solutions makeup fairly well and will probably just go back to that.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/16/2010 10:31:00 PM More reviews by roeroex3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this foundation! I have acne prone, oily skin that can get red, and this foundation covers it up great. You don't need to set it because it has a matte finish. It's not too full coverage which is great because it doesn't look fake, just enough to get that naturally flawless look. I do need to blot my face throughout the day, though, so the matte doesnt last. But, I've been wearing it even in hot weather and I find it does not fade or sweat off my face. I wish there was a pump, though! I waste so much product pouring it onto my hand to use it. Other than that, I would definitely use it again! I'm hoping it does not get discontinued, though :( Last time I checked out the clinique counter they only had a few colors on display so hopefully when I run out I won't have to go on the hunt for a new foundation..

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2010 3:41:00 AM More reviews by jewelsmd

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a great long lasting foundation with full coverage. Works wonderful for oily gals like myself. Only reason why I stopped using this product is because the color selection is limited, I'm NC35 with a very yellow base and found this product too orange on my skin. I used Stay Sunny.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/17/2010 9:06:00 AM More reviews by kfulghum

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Let me start out by saying this is a good makeup for oily skin. It gives a smooth, matte finish and won't budge after you put it on. The reason I didn't like it was because it's way too hard to blend. Once you put it on you have about 2 seconds to blend it, then it kinda just gets stuck in place, and if you try to move it, it looks strange. Another thing I didn't like was that the product doesn't have sunscreen in it. I tried it over Clinique SPF 40 and Clarins SPF 40 and it doesn't mix well with either. You'd think that Clinique would make compatible products. If you have oily skin, and you don't wear sunscreen and can get this to blend, it would probably be great. I'm not buying it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/11/2010 9:14:00 AM More reviews by sita25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

i've only been wearing this foundation for about a day, but i feel like i have found the best one yet (my HG). My skin is oily/combination/sensitive and while the foundation doesn't stay matte for a very long time, the finish is smooth, and breathable. clinique has shades available in golden, netural, and pink undertones (i think). I have a golden undertone and netural toned foundations look too washed out on me, as well as pink, and shade 05 is a really good match. Depending on your undertone, the shades match a variety of skin tone's. I love it that this makeup is fragrance free and allergy tested, thats very healthy, yaay for clinique! I don't really mind the open bottle packaging, i'm never really in a rush to go anywhere anyway, so. If i don't use the tips of my fingers to apply, i use an oval sonia kashuk foundation sponge.

overall, this is a good makeup formula for hot and humid summer months, and early spring. I wouldn't recommend this formula for dry/combination.

UPDATE: i was hoping i wouldn't have to do this, but i have to be honest for consumer sake. This stay true formula is a bit too creamy for oily skin, well at least for everyday wear. I think i'm going to stick with superfit for everyday wear.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/7/2010 5:40:00 PM More reviews by jmoxcey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have oily skin and I also have very fair skin. This foundation color matches my skin perfectly. That is very hard to find for my skin tone! Unfortunately, when I first started to wear this, my skin decided to have a weird reflexive reaction to the matte aspect of this and got even more oily than usual! After a week or so, this stopped. But I almost gave up on the foundation! I find the coverage to be light to medium with a thin application. You can layer for more coverage, but it starts to look cakey to me. So if you get blemishes, you can't just rely on the foundation alone to cover them like I usually do. I would love this more if it had a pump bottle (the pour out stuff is kind of a pain for foundation in general). And I still tend to feel like my face is kind of "dewey" when I wear this....I don't really care for that feeling. I want my skin to be soft, but not like I have actual foundation on it.