September 30, 2014 | 1573 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Voluminous Butterfly

rated 4 of 5 on 9/14/2014 9:43:00 PM More reviews by Evanie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This mascara totally gives me length!!!
The only thing I dont like is the hard plastic brush. Im not really use to that it definitely hurts when you make the wrong move. It doesnt flake.I got it at walmart because it was cheaper than any other stores. It does give a bit more thickness on the outer part of the lashes and thats because the effect its suppose to give you. Its also something fun to try because of its unique wand. I definitely recommend you to try it.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/10/2014 6:29:00 PM More reviews by jussttbunniee

it was okay. i just expected more from it. but so far its great.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/9/2014 10:14:00 PM More reviews by Fcmalik

So I finally found a drugstore mascara that I really like. I love big lashes, I love dramatic lashes, and I love a good curl in my lash. This mascara does a great job at all of those things. I really like that it separates the lashes without making them look spidery. The brush is not a gimmick guys, it works. The brush gets to most of my lashes. I also like the consistency of the mascara, it's not wet and it also isn't super stiff. I give this mascara a big thumbs up, I highly suggest giving this a try is you a dramatic lash girl like me ladies :)

Fcmalik

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2014 6:35:00 PM More reviews by xflowered

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great drugstore mascara for lengthened and defined lashes. I wore this to school today, and for 9 hours it has not flaked or smudged. I have the waterproof formula, which works very well for holding the curl. The formula is light weight and dries quickly, and does not weigh down my lashes. The brush does take a while to adjust to, but it's worth it. I used it with Maybelline's the Rocket, because it did not do much for volume. Great for a natural look.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/5/2014 10:37:00 AM More reviews by Annabellagrant

Eh. I don't like the wand. And the mascara clumps. It's okay. But I prefer many other mascaras over this one.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/1/2014 2:50:00 PM More reviews by iron_goddess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Tried this twice and it failed me both times. It was goopy and clumpy and smudgy. The application wasn't as smooth so each lash looked stubby and uneven. The color and volume though are worth commending. It produces thick dark mascaras that look spectacular when you know how to apply it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2014 12:02:00 AM More reviews by scopingforyou

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

PROS: Very dark black. Somewhat volumizing. Easy to remove.

CONS: Smudge city. Tube dried out really fast.

APPLICATION TIPS: Shiseido's primer (even the new one) helps this stay on with WAY less smudging/transfer/flaking. I am a recent convert to using Shiseido's popular curler too.

Before applying, roll this over a paper towel or the back of your hand or whatever to get excess off.

I often like to put a light coat of a waterproof mascara (like Rocket Volum Express in waterproof or Telescopic in waterproof) under one of my very volumizing mascaras (like Manga or Milani Runway Lashes) so that my curl will hold much better.

ALTERNATES: The Rocket Volum Express by Maybelline and L'Oreal's new Manga mascara are better for volume and length that are much more noticable. I also like Miliani's Runway Lashes (and just cover it with Clarins Double Fix if I want to make it "more" waterproofed.)

rated 2 of 5 on 8/27/2014 10:13:00 PM More reviews by dtormon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Black

I've been using this mascara for a month in hopes I could blame the wet, droopy formula on the newness. While this is good at darkening my lashes, it doesn't add much volume or length. It leaves my lashes heavy and won't hold a curl. It also flakes. Yeesh.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2014 4:24:00 PM More reviews by venusatlas

Well I'm a lash addict & this mascara does a great job or accentuating my favorite feature! I'm Asian & born with crappy excuse for lashes but this mascara really does help elongate the hell out of them. The formula is easily buildable without getting clumpy. It may smudge easy if you're not wearing any concealer or powder under your eyes but it's not horrible, not like other mascaras. It doesn't feel like a heavy formula either, even after 2 or 3 coats. It washes very easily. I was using Maybelline Rocket for a while which I loved, but washing that crap off was taking a toll on my delicate lashes, even with eye makeup remover or coconut oil. I absolutely LOVE the wand. I think it's the best part of the deal. I read reviews before of ladies saying the wand was hard to get used to but it's amazing! It separates lashes effortlessly & combs the formula through to aid in the no clumping effect. I will definitely buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2014 2:16:00 PM More reviews by heatherstanley

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really love this mascara. Especially the brush. It is GREAT for top lashes. This is my favorite drugstore mascara!