L'Oreal Voluminous Butterfly

3.7

Mascara goes on easily and gives good lengthening. However by end of day I have mascara flakes under my eyes. If it wasn't for that it would be a good mascara. I rate it as average.

I love this crap. I don't know why more people don't like it. I have, oh, 20 mascaras ranging from drugstore to high end and this one is my favorite. It lengthens better than any of the "tube" style products I've tried. My lashes look as close to false lashes as I have even had mascara get them.

I have two complaints: 1. It can go on a little chunky and needs to be separated but then it's perfect. And 2. After about 8 hours it starts to flake. I have noticed the flaking is worse with the waterproof version.

on 1/31/2015 7:34:00 PM

I have tried many mascara and this is my ultimate favorite. The brush makes it so easy to apply mascara to all my lashes. This mascara makes my lashes look fuller. Seperates the lashes and i never have the problem with clumping or flaking.

on 1/30/2015 1:09:00 AM

So far this has been one of my favorite L'oreal mascaras. This mascara gives me the length and volume I'm looking for. However it does not hold a curl for very long, I've even tried the waterproof version and it still fails to hold a curl. I usually just recurl my lashes after it has dried just to give it a little boost. But other than that it's a great mascara for the price!

on 1/29/2015 6:09:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

For L'Oreal, this is my least fav mascara i've ever used by this company. The so called "butterfly" look ended up a mess.

on 1/29/2015 1:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I like the brush and the way this makes my lashes look -- separated, longer and a wee bit thicker. BUT there are tiny fibers in the formula and I think they are what is causing my eyes to be more sensitive. I wouldn't have bought it if I knew there were bits of fibers.

Good mascara, but definitely not my favorite. The packaging is great. If you have sensitive eyes, be wary.

on 1/27/2015 11:59:00 AM

So far my HG drugstore mascara!
I have asian lashes that are kinda long, but super thin and i dont have a lot...
this mascara provides great length and also just enough volume to make them look super fluttery! I find that the brush although is not symmetrical, deposites just the right amount and separates extremely well. At first it wasnt that good but if you let it dry a bit and once the formula isnt so wet, it works really well! holds my curl pretty well but if you let dry in between coats, it will appear clumpy and flake.

on 1/21/2015 1:19:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I like this mascara, it lengthens and makes lashes have volume at the same time. The brush is definitely different from the 10 other mascaras I have, and it works for me. The only downside with this mascara is I find it flakes off throughout the day. I don't use it everyday, but when I am looking for some dramatic lashes, this is my go to.

on 1/20/2015 8:15:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My holy grail mascara! I wouldn't recommend this for anyone who wants natural lashes, however I would recommend it to someone who loves long bold lashes. I'm not a fan of fake lashes and 2 thin coats of this mascara does it all for me! I love the brush and use the smaller bristle for my lower lashes. This is by far my favourite drugstore mascara

on 1/16/2015 4:12:00 PM

This mascara has a cool, unusual - albeit gimmicky - brush, and generally good reviews here and elsewhere. Loved everything about it, until I looked up an hour after applying to see flakes under my eyes. No mascara I've ever used in my life has flaked like this. I'm not prone to running, smearing, flaking, average combo skin, and dry around eyes. This mascara has the worst formula! It also smudges, so you've got the shaded, I-put-charcoal-eyeshadow-under-my-eyes-thing going on, with a sprinkling of flakes on top. Seriously? Maybe I got a bad batch? For me, it's a total turkey. Very annoyed.

Video Reviews & Tutorials