August 20, 2014 | 1112 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Voluminous Butterfly

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2014 12:41:00 PM More reviews by nigenasai

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Has a very wet formula, and the wand itself is very good (rubber). It really gets into your lashes and lengthens and volumizes very well. For my lashes it holds a decent curl and not a "straight up" lash kind of look. I do not like the smell of it at all, it makes me want to close my eyes all the time. Its like the smell makes you feel like how youve been in a car for awhile with blasted a.c, and you cant help but to close them; Thats exactly the feeling. But it really is a good mascara overall, i really feel like the tube could last awhile since the mascara formula is so wet (but not runny).
I have thick long lashes so it really is a lash enchancer for me..
I did have a friend that had short, brittle, asian lashes. It worked very well for her and it really lengthened and volumized her lashes. But it did not make them thicker.
This mascara i can compare to the rimmel glam eyes mascara, but the only reason why i think this butterfly mascara is better is because it has a curve on the wand so it really helps grab/hug all the lashes.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2014 3:12:00 AM More reviews by ireneyy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This mascara is pretty much the best thing that's ever happened to me. I used to use Maybelline mascaras (stiletto, one by one, colossal, etc.) and now I whole-heartedly regret spending money on them.

My thin asian lashes are pretty long but point straight down. It's difficult for them to hold a curl. This is the ONLY mascara I've ever tried that not only lengthens them beautifully but adds volume and truly, truly gives that butterfly look. And best part is that it holds my curl all day and doesn't smudge at all!

However, I would not recommend this mascara for beginners because it's one of those products that you have to be careful with in order for it to reach its fullest potential (but trust me, it's 10/10 at its full potential!) The wand is something you'll need to get used to because it's pretty unique lol just look at pics, you'll see. In addition, the wand has a tendency to pick up too much product. However, I find that you can get the right amount of product by quickly taking the wand straight out of the tube without twisting it or touching the sides.

I recommend the waterproof formula because it literally won't budge or smudge ALL day. Dear god, I wore this to the pool and I was the only girl out of all my friends who didn't get raccoon eyes. And the amazing thing is that I still had a lot of mascara to remove that night even after spending a day at the pool.

I could not recommend this enough. If Loreal ever decides to discontinue this, I think I might actually have to kill myself.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2014 7:58:00 PM More reviews by mlg1997

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is my new "Holy Grail" mascara. It is just so perfect for me. It lengthens and adds volume like no other mascara I've ever tried. It reminds me of Maybelline The Rocket on steroids. Can't live without it!!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2014 4:25:00 PM More reviews by Kateomack

This is probably the best drugstore mascara I have used in a while! It clumped a little more than I would have liked, but overall it was a pretty good mascara.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/31/2014 11:02:00 PM More reviews by LalaGinger29

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

When I first heard about this product I got really excited to get it because of all the high reviews. However I was not that impressed. The mascara I purchased was the waterproof black and it was $8. The brush was ok but clumped a little bit unless I brushed very fast. But it didn't really do much volume wise. But I did like the length it gave me and how long it lasts. It's just a pain to get of since it's waterproof but a oil based remover usually takes care of that. Overall, I'm giving it a 3/5 because it does work really good for how cheap it is.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2014 8:04:00 PM More reviews by TuesdaysChylde

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have tried so many of the low and high end brands of mascara, paying anywhere from $12-$45. Much of the time there is little difference that i can see. Quite simply, I love this product. I find it on par with Benefit or Mac (both of which I have tried and like) but with a lower price tag. I find that the wand is pretty easy to use, I get full coverage (meaning outer lashes, lower lashes, and blonde tips) in 2 coats, and there is almost no clumping or spidering. I will definitely purchase again.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2014 4:27:00 PM More reviews by winniel

I love this mascara! I have the waterproof version and I find it goes on really nicely! I have short Asian lashes and after I curl them, I put a coat of these on and I find they do not flake nor clump! But, it is a tad tricky to put on my left side because the "lengthening" part of the stick is backwards; whereas application on the right side makes sense because the mascara catches the outer lashes.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2014 9:50:00 AM More reviews by Shaunesyd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this recently and I love it! If you are looking for a simple look, it's perfect. Not clumpy at all, divides the lashes pretty evenly. I usually use this with another mascara for a more dramatic effect. I've already bought another one.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2014 8:57:00 PM More reviews by daaiissy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this is one of the best mascaras I've ever tried. it gives me the length & volume I desire

rated 3 of 5 on 7/25/2014 5:11:00 AM More reviews by lvrgurl77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The mascara is ok but the brush is a pain to get used to. It's complicated to use . But other than that it's ok . Does lengthen lashes but not thicken.