February 1, 2015 | 2122 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Voluminous Butterfly

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2015 8:38:00 AM More reviews by ZeroMuch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I had enviable lashes all my life until I hit 40. It's like half my lashes have fallen out and it's almost unnerving to see the difference now. This mascara is the first one (in a long line of trials) to actually give me my old look back. I use one coat that never clumps and my lashes have the volume I'm looking for. The brush is the key, but the key for me was using a lighter hand than I had been using. This really is a "less is more" product for me, as I use less coats and less effort to apply it. I agree with an earlier reviewer that it still seems to run out quite quickly, even with only one coat per day.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/8/2015 8:43:00 PM More reviews by fionasimmins

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

So the mascara itself is GREAT. It gave me gorgeous full long "falsie" looking lashes and my sister said they have never looked better.

The PROBLEM?? It ran out sooooo fast!! Like, insanely fast. I have tried several tubes and it's not a fluke and I don't "pump" my wand in and out of the tube. I thought I could suck it up because I loved the formula so much, but at the rate I went through it, I may as well fork over the cash and head to sephora.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/7/2015 1:06:00 PM More reviews by basschik90

I got this for christmas (I don't know why people insist on giving shitty makeup for Christmas...I have my own nice products at home, I'd rather have a candy bar). Anyway I put this on in the morning and by lunchtime it's already flaking off onto my face. It's total garbage. The applicator brush is in this cateye type shape I guess, but the formula is very bleh and causes awful clumping and doesn't go on right without wiping most of it off the brush first. Personally I use Calvin Klein's One Color mascara in black, and it's the best mascara i've ever used (and I got it for free with my birthday coupon from Ulta, I will be buying again when it runs out). Seriously, this stuff is garbage, don't bother buy it, I'd say invest in the CK One mascara for really great separation and volume.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/5/2015 9:30:00 PM More reviews by abbysanderson

I was not a big fan of this mascara. The packaging made it look very cool, but I found that there was a lot of residue (tiny black flecks) at the end of the day. Initially my lashes looked decent, albeit mildly clumped, but the big turn off was the flaking. I have this in my desk as an emergency back up, but I won't be buying it again.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/4/2015 10:24:00 PM More reviews by Allybeee

Hate this ! Made my eyelashes look so horriable

rated 1 of 5 on 12/24/2014 3:07:00 PM More reviews by lovehorses13

always loved L'Oreal products, but this mascara is awful. Comes out very clumpy and once on you can't fix it. This is one I will never buy again sorry!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2014 12:19:00 AM More reviews by gabrinelle

I love mascara again! This mascara defines, separates, lengthens, and holds a curl. I have the waterproof formula and it does not budge. I also like the rubbery wand. The shape of the wand is a little gimmicky but it works! The cons of this product are that it doesn't give much volume, but personally for an everyday daytime mascara I prefer length to volume because I think it looks more natural. Also I am having trouble removing it at night, and I've tried Bioderma, Avon eye makeup remover, avocado oil, ... It takes a few passes of the various products before I can get it all off. I need to go out and get a waterproof eye makeup remover specifically for this mascara but it is totally worth it! I also love the silver packaging. Will be repurchasing the non-waterproof version to see if it's still as long-wearing but easier to wash off.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2014 12:03:00 AM More reviews by Seaofmonstersandtime

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like this mascara! It makes my eyelashes look a lot longer. Also, my eyelashes naturally point down and other mascaras aren't good at having them stay up But I can wear this mascara all day and my eyes lashes stay curled up. It's also extremely easy to wash off.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2014 12:56:00 PM More reviews by sara578

Amazing. No clumps at all, and my lashes look long and thick. The brush can be difficult to use at first but one you get the hang of it you lashes will look amazing.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2014 9:16:00 PM More reviews by terrierhead

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this mascara in a Target beauty box last year and have been using it for the last couple of months. As the owner of the world's shortest, stumpiest lashes, I have to say that I'm impressed. The mascara gives me both length and volume, as well as a nice dark black color. I'm impressed at the lack of smearing, too - I have oily skin and a bad habit of rubbing my eyes. I have a zillion other mascaras to try once this one runs out or gets past the 6-month mark (they came with Sephora kits), but I'd be willing to buy this again.