November 26, 2014 | 1020 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Voluminous Butterfly

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2014 10:58:00 AM More reviews by cmykitty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is actually my most favorite mascara I've ever used. The brush shape really helps to extend those corner lashes that are hard to reach to make your eyes look bigger and more elongated. I have smaller eyes so I tend to do all my eye makeup up and out. It's not clumpy at all and the bottle is very nicely designed too. I love the sleek chrome look. I have the waterproof one as well and I like it just as much. I wore it to a music festival and even with all the sweating it didn't smear or flake at all. I like it even more than some Sephora brands like smashbox. I would be so upset if this were ever discontinued!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2014 4:02:00 AM More reviews by janes05

When I wear this mascara, everyone asks if I have false eye lashes on! I actually have short blonde eye lashes and no one believes me that it's just the mascara!
The non-waterproof is much better (not as clumpy and coated the lashes better) than the waterproof version.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2014 2:53:00 PM More reviews by Alinaanaya

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love it !!! I have long super super straight hard to keep curled lashes . Usually mascaras weight down my lashes even if there waterproof . But this mascara keeps my curl . Separates my lashes and give me more length . Gave me some volume too .

rated 4 of 5 on 10/1/2014 6:28:00 PM More reviews by grapes123xo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Being one of those new mascaras I was hesitant to try it but this one is really neat. The brush really does let you create a flatter lash effect at the end of your lashes, mimicking false lashes. It is not as bold as I wanted, but it's a good mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2014 8:16:00 PM More reviews by MarieatthePiano

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a great mascara! It does give the butterfly effect on the lashes. As another reviewer observed, the first time using this it seems like a so-so mascara that gives barely any butterfly effect at all. It took maybe my third time before I really got the hang of it, but I was determined to use it because I didn't want to waste a brand new mascara! The way that I get the butterfly effect is by focusing first on the outer lashes with the wand at a straight angle, so that these lashes are getting the full "butterfly effect" from the curved wand. Then I work on the inner half of my lashes with the wand tilted down a little, so that the area of the wand that gives the butterfly effect isn't focusing on these lashes so much. I usually do a couple coats on each eye. Also, I find that it doesn't flake a lot at all, which is a big problem for me with mascaras. My last couple mascaras from L'Oreal didn't flake hardly at all, either, so I'm thinking that maybe L'Oreal may be the brand for me to stick with, because constant wiping of the eyes is not good for the skin! Lastly, this review has been for the regular/non-waterproof version.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2014 12:38:00 PM More reviews by tcdoan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

THIS IS MY FAV for right nowwwwwww...

LOL its not a 5 because its not part of my holy grail and I still want to find another one, but for now its the best one I USED!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2014 9:39:00 AM More reviews by acatcalledbellatrix

Once again, the only reason I bought this is my ridiculous need to try all the new products. And that it was advertised as giving a fluttery winged effect that I usually use false lashes daily to achieve. That sucked me right in.

When I first used this, I absolutely hated it. The brush clumped all my lashes together and added no length whatsoever. So I resorted to only using it on my bottom lashes. Then a few months later I decided to give it another try and really focussed on combing it through.

I found that if you sit and take the time, this does really separate and lengthen lashes, you just have to be patient. It's not an everyday mascara for me but when I do have the time to sit and comb it though, it is worth the effort. I will say that this doesn't give the fluttery, winged effect I was hoping for originally though.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2014 8:22:00 AM More reviews by SoniaStrawberry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

My favorite mascara definitely.
Gives your lashes a really nice lenght and it separates them quite nice.
i will buy this product again as soon as i run out of it..

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2014 7:42:00 PM More reviews by jlhorne

This is one of my favourite mascaras. I love the way it emphasizes the longest lashes at the far ends of my eyes, giving me (quite literally) a butterfly effect. The applicator is a little scary looking, but it gets the job done better than most applicators I've tried. Granted, it's not very volumizing, so I feel like it's name is a little misleading, but it still makes my lashes look great. I like to use it for an understated eye when I wear bright lipstick. It also stays on all day with no flaking, and comes off easily with a little coconut oil.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/17/2014 9:42:00 PM More reviews by BarefootedALIEN

This mascara does what it says: separates lashes to give a wide eyed "butterfly" look and adds color. It makes my lashes look very natural in a good way. I would like more oomph, which is why I don't plan on repurchasing, but it's not a bad mascara. I might just repurchase because I do enjoy it some. For the record, I have natural long lashes and seek volume in a mascara.