July 28, 2014 | 1896 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Voluminous Butterfly

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2014 12:10:00 AM More reviews by scarattina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

YUCKY do not buy. This mascara gave me a bad makeup day and also put me in a horrible mood. I even took off my foundation and redid it thinking my makeup looked strange, redid it and found out the problem was this. It's a clumping formula that comes with a fairly nice brush, so the effect is a subtle spider lash effect. This was with one coat, applied precisely at that. Reminds me of how I liked my mascara when I was in high school to look older. At 27 do I want to look older? No way! I also naturally have very good thick black lashes that look fake after curling them so I was surprised that a mascara could ruin a whole makeup look. Maybelline mascara have all been great for me, usually have MUA stop me in the mac store or at the counters they ask me what mascara I'm wearing or if I use fake lashes- just maybelline! I also agree with the reviewer below who said they keep making the same mascara in different packaging. That definitely seems to be true. Overall this stuff sucks, looks very cheap, and the wand was just confusing. Maybelline colossal cat eyes will make you pretty, not this.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/9/2014 3:06:00 PM More reviews by brainyforester7

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this stuff is a big waste of money. its so hard to use the tiny little brush. i swear they just keep making different packaging and put the same product in the bottle. not worth my time or money

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2014 1:34:00 PM More reviews by ricebear17

When they say waterproof, they mean waterproof. They mean cry your eyes out, jump in the
pool, spend an entire day at the water park, waterproof. It made my short straight eyelashes look amazing and doesn't look like spider legs with several coats.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2014 9:04:00 PM More reviews by genarod

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This mascara is heaven!!

After finishing my 4th tube of maybelline falsies, I started working on my plethora of high end GWP size mascaras. And long story longer I got a little hooked on lancome hypnose.

Refusing to pay $30 for a mascara because of how this always led to waste and sadness in the past, I went looking for a drugstore dupe.

Alas one does not exist. But in my courageous journey I did uncover loreal butterfly

I bought the WP version because I am an oily mess.

Anyway, this stuff is amazinngg!!

The wand is badass. The design gets all the lashes, flares the end lashes and helps not get black gunk in the corners of your eye when getting into the tiny corner lashes.

The black color is satisfyingly dark black

Adds a TON of length and also volume.

Does not flake or transfer at all on me (oily here)

The formula starts off a tad too wet but after 2 weeks of owning the product it's perfection.

It was $7

No need to try anything else. I'm hooked on this.

Oh! And I like this better than lancome bc the lancome is stinky. This has no smell- yay!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/4/2014 8:16:00 PM More reviews by lime2000

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I bought this product with really high hopes, that were not met. How could a mascara with such an interesting name, and cool packaging go wrong? First of all the formula is terrible, it made my lashes clump together and felt heavy. By the end of the day there was more mascara on my lids than on my lashes. On the brighter side, I felt that the price point was reasonable. I`m defiantly not buying this product again.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/2/2014 7:51:00 PM More reviews by Ame94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This mascara made my eyelashes clump together and it felt like I just threw a ton of mascara onto them. I had spidery lashes, and within a few hours after application it proceeded to flake. There are black fibers everywhere, and it feels dry although it is a brand new bottle. Maybelline mascara is still my go to, when compared to any loreal mascara. Not worth $10, I can pay half the price and achieve better results. The asymmetrical brush was a good idea, just wish the formula worked.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/1/2014 8:47:00 PM More reviews by jaimelyn80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Great application, beautiful look, but it comes with the same problem as all other drugstore mascaras...by the end of the day, there is more on your eyelids and beneath your eyes than on your eyelashes. I picked up a tube at WalMart yesterday because I didn't feel like driving out to the mall to go to Ulta or Sephora for my regular brand. As far as a drugstore product, it's pretty good. I will say that the brush is more of a gimmick than anything...and even though the purpose of it is to create a butterfly look on the outside edges, the tip of the brush is blunted and you really need a little bit of teeth there to bring those particular lashes out.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2014 7:48:00 PM More reviews by shirleyb95

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

OMG LOVE!!
Ok so this is my first drugstore mascara and IM IN LOVE.
It's equally as great as high-end mascara. Its just a dream.
I have super short lashes that do straight down. This mascara makes it long and defines every single lash. One big problem I had with previous mascaras are that it clumps my lashes and this one doesn't. SO happy I tried this.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2014 12:33:00 AM More reviews by Cindernella

This stuff gives me lashes I never had great for fine short no life lashes! In love.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2014 6:23:00 PM More reviews by angelajj74

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is truly the best mascara I have EVER purchased !(and i have tried tons) I usually use maybelline but thought Id try this on a whim. I am truly impressed and think that L'Oreal has gained another loyal customer. I have never, that I can remember purchased any L'oreal make up before. I am so impressed now that I can't wait to try some more of their products! The only gripe I have is the smell. The odor is yucky but not overwhelmingly strong. That's why I only have 4 lip sticks instead of 5.