October 24, 2014 | 1064 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Voluminous Butterfly

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2014 9:39:00 AM More reviews by acatcalledbellatrix

Once again, the only reason I bought this is my ridiculous need to try all the new products. And that it was advertised as giving a fluttery winged effect that I usually use false lashes daily to achieve. That sucked me right in.

When I first used this, I absolutely hated it. The brush clumped all my lashes together and added no length whatsoever. So I resorted to only using it on my bottom lashes. Then a few months later I decided to give it another try and really focussed on combing it through.

I found that if you sit and take the time, this does really separate and lengthen lashes, you just have to be patient. It's not an everyday mascara for me but when I do have the time to sit and comb it though, it is worth the effort. I will say that this doesn't give the fluttery, winged effect I was hoping for originally though.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2014 8:22:00 AM More reviews by SoniaStrawberry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

My favorite mascara definitely.
Gives your lashes a really nice lenght and it separates them quite nice.
i will buy this product again as soon as i run out of it..

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2014 7:42:00 PM More reviews by jlhorne

This is one of my favourite mascaras. I love the way it emphasizes the longest lashes at the far ends of my eyes, giving me (quite literally) a butterfly effect. The applicator is a little scary looking, but it gets the job done better than most applicators I've tried. Granted, it's not very volumizing, so I feel like it's name is a little misleading, but it still makes my lashes look great. I like to use it for an understated eye when I wear bright lipstick. It also stays on all day with no flaking, and comes off easily with a little coconut oil.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/17/2014 9:42:00 PM More reviews by BarefootedALIEN

This mascara does what it says: separates lashes to give a wide eyed "butterfly" look and adds color. It makes my lashes look very natural in a good way. I would like more oomph, which is why I don't plan on repurchasing, but it's not a bad mascara. I might just repurchase because I do enjoy it some. For the record, I have natural long lashes and seek volume in a mascara.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/17/2014 4:58:00 PM More reviews by theginger11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I like, not love. However this is a pretty decent drugstore mascara. I've found it works better if I use the brush upside down to how it's being advertised to use.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/15/2014 2:20:00 AM More reviews by msbluestone13

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This I liked LEAST out of all the l'oreal voluminous mascaras :-( the brush DIDNT do anything for my long lashes..I needed volume and this didnt do much at all. I think if the bristles on the brush were closer..or there were more of them then I would have liked this more. The formula worked alright.. I stuck a different brush in the bottle (I know ur not suppose to do this..lol) and it worked out alright...I think its just tha brush.. but I will use the rest of it up. After that, I think I will stick with one of the other voluminous mascaras!!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/15/2014 12:52:00 AM More reviews by mlotfi

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I kinda feel like this is loreal telescopic carbon black but ever so slightly different and of course with a completley different wand. It is nice, does give length and a decent amount of volume. I constantky go back and forth with this and my loreal telescopiccarbon black which gives less volume than the butterfly which i like for daytime use! I think i would buy again, but im not entirely sure..

rated 1 of 5 on 9/14/2014 11:49:00 PM More reviews by CyndieR

I was SO excited to finally buy this product, but it has been a total disappointment. The ads were sensational, and I expected something gorgeous...there was NOTHING to make it a new go-to mascara. :( It was average at best. I am back to my l'Oreal telescopic.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/14/2014 9:43:00 PM More reviews by Evanie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This mascara totally gives me length!!!
The only thing I dont like is the hard plastic brush. Im not really use to that it definitely hurts when you make the wrong move. It doesnt flake.I got it at walmart because it was cheaper than any other stores. It does give a bit more thickness on the outer part of the lashes and thats because the effect its suppose to give you. Its also something fun to try because of its unique wand. I definitely recommend you to try it.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/10/2014 6:29:00 PM More reviews by jussttbunniee

it was okay. i just expected more from it. but so far its great.