November 21, 2014 | 942 users online

Scrubs - Clinique - Exfoliating Scrub

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2013 4:10:00 PM More reviews by cathykl

I'm not sure why this is even popular. This was recommended to me by the Clinique SA when I went to buy the 7 Day Scrub, which was all sold out. She said it was "practically the same thing". I'd have to disagree with that statement after trying it out.

What a terrible mistake it was to buy this product. I have somewhat sensitive skin - and this just caused my skin to burn on contact and remain red for a good hour. It's also way too abrasive for my skin and felt like I was rubbing a pumice stone against my face. It is thick and very minty so I felt like I just slathered foot cream on my face. It was also hard to rinse off even though I used it in the shower. My face felt like it was on fire from the menthol. The 7 Day Scrub is much better, it leaves my skin and smooth, with no irritation and I very rarely use physical scrubs anyway so it lasted me a long time.

This scrub is still sitting in my bathroom, occasionally I will use it on my body but I don't want to irritate my facial skin with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2013 11:41:00 AM More reviews by shabashi

I love this
it< a little pricey..compare to other scrubs but sooooooo worth it
Itjust dab a small amount
superrrrrrr refreshing my face feels renewed all the time.I will never switch scrubs...I make sure to always have two to not run run out
I use this with bragg apple cider vinegar as a toner...and all my acne as well as scars!!! are faiding....and trust me I tried everything!
remember changing your diet is a huge contributor for acne...hope this helps.....what a product

rated 1 of 5 on 10/27/2013 2:16:00 AM More reviews by kbono23

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

ouch! this face scrub is very abrasive and causes my skin to go bright red! very strong sent (menthol) and really harsh granules! not my favorite Clinique product!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2013 2:04:00 AM More reviews by nocturnem

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have been using this product for about 8 years. It's an absolute Holy Grail for me. I've tried other scrubs, including chemical ones, and nothing comes close to the effects I get from this one. I suffer from mild seborrheic dermatitis and mild rosacea, so my skin is oily with breakouts and flaky skin. The latter is especially annoying when it comes to foundation as it's hard to make skin look even, and that's where this scrub comes in handy. Nothing else gets rid of the flaky bits as well as this does, and the menthol in it feels so cooling and refreshing!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/7/2013 4:57:00 PM More reviews by Shh23

I usually use the 7 day scrub but they didn't have it in stock. The sales lady told me that this did exactly the same job. I wasn't quite expecting the menthol but it feels quite nice on skin and cooling. It didnt scrub my skin quite as well as the 7 day scrub but its a good alternative

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2013 4:56:00 PM More reviews by kkrikorian

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using this product for 12+ years and don't plan on stopping anytime soon - it's my HG face product. It's got just the right amount of grit to get the dead skin off but not damage your skin and the menthol-y scent is really relaxing. I use it 2-3 times a week and have never been disappointed with the results - my skin always looks glowy afterwards. It's a little pricey, but the tube lasts a long time since you don't need more than a pea-sized amount to do the job.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/30/2013 6:16:00 PM More reviews by Marissaxox

I know a lot of people aren't a fan of the methnol in this (and I agree due to the smell) but I love the tingly fresh feeling I get afterwards! I put up with the smell just for the great feeling I get after using this scrub. This product is especially great to make you feel awake and refreshed in the morning and provides a soft canvas for you to apply your make up. Definitely buying again!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/22/2013 2:43:00 AM More reviews by azzyb

I think the Menthol in this product is the culprit. There is a strong smell to this scrub and it's a bit like rubbing a toothpaste on your skin. I by no means have sensitive skin. Combination, with an oily t-zone. After having acne for several years I finally have clear skin - the only issue I have is blackheads on my nose, hence the scrub.
My nose felt smooth and bump free after the first use but two days later my cheeks were breaking out with huge, red inflamed pimples - pimples I had not seen in years. I did not leave my house for days and actually cried because I had battled acne for so long and I never thought I'd see such terrible pimples again.
I will not be using this scrub again for fear of the breakouts that follow. Trying more natural methods on my nose too!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2013 1:02:00 PM More reviews by ChloePappas

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this product for years, and it does what it's supposed to do, it exfoliates the skin and does a great job. The small grains get to work on the dead skin cells. It leaves the skin soft and clean.

I've tried other products over the years, but always come back to this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2013 4:25:00 AM More reviews by Hmarie83

Hello everyone,
For me this scrub is the best. I used it for years, but I don't know why the last year I switched to scrubs of other brands like Caudalie, Estee Lauder, Vichy ... What a mistake! Just this scrub leave my skin totally smooth, clean and fresh. It help to control my every month breakouts and blackheads. The tube is just giant (100ml) and it seems it last for ever. This time I bought it for 22 euros.
I have quite sensitive skin, but this product is gentle enough and never caused me any kind of irritation even if it contains menthol which I like for it feeling of freshness.
I hope I will be clever enough to not to change this product it anymore!!!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No