July 25, 2014 | 1898 users online

Polishes - Essie - Fiji

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2014 7:38:00 PM More reviews by AmyMendoza

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE this color! I bought several back ups because I just could NOT stop wearing it! Its so delicate & feminine that it can be worn 24/7 365 days a year! It was streaky on the first coat but the second coat fixed that right up! I can never get my polish to last more then 3 days no matter what combo of base/top coat I use, so I can't judge for wear time. I love wearing this on my hands & pairing it with another Essie polish favorite Jamaica Me Crazy on my toes!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/26/2013 9:06:00 PM More reviews by Grayson13

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

The color is really nice, but the brush on essie nps are so tiny and almost impossible to apply. The color is gorgeous when you take your time and really work with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2013 10:13:00 AM More reviews by JordanGalore

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Dark, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Essie Fiji is one of my favorite pastel pinks. I am NC55 and even I can pull it off. This is the color that looks good on everyone. The only downside to this polish is that you have to practice applying it or better yet know how to apply it. It's a streaky mess if you don't apply it correctly. Here's how: 1. Apply your base coat. 2. Apply one light coat of Fiji (don't press too hard down on the brush, do very light long strokes); Let that layer dry. 3. Apply a matte top coat...let that dry (NYC, Sinful etc) 4. Then apply another layer of Essie Fiji (let that dry for a couple of minutes). 5. Apply your favorite fast dry top coat and you've got it. A beautiful application for a beautiful color...or any pastel color at that.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2013 3:30:00 PM More reviews by periwinklebow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am a longtime Essie fan, and this polish is one of my favourites. It looks fantastic with any skin tone, and even better with a tan! The formula of this polish is absolutely horrible. I apply nail polish all of the time, and I cannot quite figure this one out. Fiji is a white based pink, so it becomes streaky and chalky. I love the colour, but I only use it when I go to the salon.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/6/2013 8:47:00 AM More reviews by hellootomorrow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is one of my favorite natural opaque pink shades EVER! However...this color is extremely difficult to work with. It is streaky, clumpy, thick and takes a long time to dry. I honestly only wear this color when i take it to the salon for a mani/pedi.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/5/2013 5:15:00 AM More reviews by icollen8nr7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The colour is amazing. It's almost a white pink but it definitely dries very thin to the point where it chips quite easily, the only way to avoid this I've found is to add a thick top coat which dries fast and seals it all in or to literally apply a LOT of coats, the formula could be improved but the dry time has not been an issue for me.
As I said, the colour is amazing, the only other similar colour I have found is the shade Nebline by Maybeline Color Show, but that gets tremendously gummy and difficult to apply quickly, both Fiji and Nebline get sticky on the nail and brush I feel, but the colour just looks amazing, not sure whether I would class it as a nude but it is definitely beautiful.
Once you've applied it well it makes the nails stand out opposed to many other pale pinks out there and I've received a lot of compliments when wearing it from people as it's such an unusual, neutral and flattering colour.
I would buy it again if I lost it because of the effect it has and how pretty it looks under almost every glitter I have tried, I recommend pairing it with China Glaze 'Nova' on the ring finger as I feel they compliment each other beautifully, but over all the colour is stunning and application can be an issue but easily overcome with 2-3 coats in my case.
Love it and it's all worth it.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/3/2013 7:27:00 PM More reviews by HeatherRV

I have a love/hate relationship with Essie
I liked the colour, so I decided to buy it
The mixture is so gloopy and I have to add 3 thick layers to it otherwise, it is very streaky.
Also, it chips easily!
So this is the last essie product i'll ever buy!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/24/2013 8:55:00 PM More reviews by ClassyNeverTrashy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Its a light pink that looks white, really pretty and versatile. I'm like an olive, warm colored person an this maks me look tanner, in my opinion, which is nice.
and as all essie products, dries quickly(:

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2013 11:52:00 PM More reviews by chop_stiks

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Love my FIJI Essie. It's the only polish I wear the full week and not get sick of. The application, as with all Essie, is heavenly. Don't cut corners and not use a top coat, it does make the difference.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/26/2013 3:09:00 PM More reviews by RoseannaDanna

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I decided to use Essie Fiji just now for probably the second time. I found it to be a challenge to apply for 3 reasons: less than effective brush, streaky, and gummy. The formula just does not disperse well during the application process and pools on the nail bed and then streaks on each digit. I realize that there are glowing reviews here about this particular product, however, I am simply stating my honest and humble evaluation after using the product. If you have Fiji, perhaps you'd best take it with you to your professional manicurist for application.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No