August 1, 2014 | 1834 users online

Lipstick - NYX - Lipstick- #529 Thalia

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2014 9:34:00 PM More reviews by rena10

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

omg...my HG ...nude lipstick with smokey eye...i love this color on me and i use ud naked liner with it and its not a corpse looking nude...it had a touch of mauve pink underneath and im mac nc 43-44...in studio fix liquid foundation skin ...i bought 2 back ups! love!!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2014 12:59:00 AM More reviews by iheartmakeup01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

Beautiful color. Very nice formula. This is an okay lipstick.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/19/2013 6:59:00 PM More reviews by sallyb123456

nice full coverage lippy. love colour. alittle drying but i use lip balm to tackle this.its my current fave nude lippy

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2013 12:44:00 PM More reviews by rainshine

Large photo shown is not accurate. This is very pale purple with grayish undertones--not my color, for darker or cool skin tones.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/11/2013 3:39:00 AM More reviews by Jennorrrita

Really trying to like this product. Saw it on pinterest citing it as the hg of mlbb. I hunted this down. I was on a mission. Bu-u-uut, hmm, not so much over here. Very light touch gives me an okay I can step out in public with this look, but it lasts for five seconds and I find it very, very drying on top of that. Im very fair with dark brown hair and pale lips lacking a ton of natural pinky rosy pigmentation. Not for me unfortch.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2013 10:46:00 PM More reviews by ElizBehrrr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I try to never buy makeup online, because a lot of sites have a shitty color block as a sample of what the lipstick looks like and its really hard to tell what it ACTUALLY looks like. Anyways, I google image'd NYX lipsticks for well over an hour or so to get a good idea of what all the shades were, but I kept coming across Thalia and it has an interesting purple/brown/rose color. In pictures I was very unsure about it...and when I checked out I didn't purchase Thalia because I thought it was going to be a tacky 90's purple that's just gross. Ya know that purple shade that makes your teeth look super yellow and makeup companies STILL continue to make it hahaha anyways... I was at Target and was in the NYX section and saw that they had one thalia left, I swatched it and I was SO impressed!!! This is such a great purple shade, it doesn't make your teeth yellow and it's just purple enough to add a nice change to an everyday neutral lipstick. I love it :) I would definitely repurchase this!! Unique shade :)

rated 2 of 5 on 9/6/2013 12:45:00 PM More reviews by ouicestloui

I have very fair skin (MAC nc15) and I've got pretty coloured lips. The lipstick looks greyish purple in the tube but it gives me brown lips, and it looks really weird. Also, it has a really bad smell and taste of soap (yuk!).

PROS
Super creamy
Good packaging and price

CONS
Brown lips, ain't pretty for us with fair skin
Smells awful

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2013 2:24:00 AM More reviews by sivadore

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is my version of mauve. I have very fair skin, and NYX's Mauve is just too dark for me. I still wanted something in the mauve family, so I tried Thalia. I love it. It's lighter than Mauve, and works better with my skin tone.

These NYX round lipsticks are very creamy and slippery, so the color does not last as long as I would like. Layering it over a matte lip pencil helps though, I like to layer Thalia over a NYX Slim Lip Pencil in Natural.

Also, these lipsticks have a strange scent/flavor, which I can only describe as perfume-y. It's like licking a dryer sheet. I'm so used to MAC's vanilla scent that NYX's scent is just plain weird to me. Tolerable though.

Overall I am very pleased with this lipstick. If you're looking for a mauve color and have a very fair complexion, I would recommend Thalia. I find myself using it more often than I thought I would. It's a color you can wear daily, sophisticated but natural.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2013 6:12:00 PM More reviews by prettypollyperkins

The version I have is pale mauvey-lavender(!), cool-toned and not immediately flattering on my NC30-35 skin. But paired with a plum lip liner and blended in well it looks lovely. It looks even better when I slick mauve gloss over. The texture is very creamy and not particularly longlasting. I bought it based on online reviews with very tempting swatches but it's always a gamble. I like it but I'll opt for a different NYX lippie next time, maybe B52 or Heather.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2013 1:08:00 PM More reviews by stampa

The first time I put this on after hunting it down based on Pinterest swatches, I was so disappointed. It was so brown. BUT, I found the trick to be a light hand. If you don't press down as you apply, or if you blot with a tissue, it is the perfect nude for my NC20 skin tone. LOVE.