April 20, 2014 | 965 users online

Lipstick - NYX - Lipstick- #529 Thalia

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2013 10:46:00 PM More reviews by ElizBehrrr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I try to never buy makeup online, because a lot of sites have a shitty color block as a sample of what the lipstick looks like and its really hard to tell what it ACTUALLY looks like. Anyways, I google image'd NYX lipsticks for well over an hour or so to get a good idea of what all the shades were, but I kept coming across Thalia and it has an interesting purple/brown/rose color. In pictures I was very unsure about it...and when I checked out I didn't purchase Thalia because I thought it was going to be a tacky 90's purple that's just gross. Ya know that purple shade that makes your teeth look super yellow and makeup companies STILL continue to make it hahaha anyways... I was at Target and was in the NYX section and saw that they had one thalia left, I swatched it and I was SO impressed!!! This is such a great purple shade, it doesn't make your teeth yellow and it's just purple enough to add a nice change to an everyday neutral lipstick. I love it :) I would definitely repurchase this!! Unique shade :)

rated 2 of 5 on 9/6/2013 12:45:00 PM More reviews by ouicestloui

I have very fair skin (MAC nc15) and I've got pretty coloured lips. The lipstick looks greyish purple in the tube but it gives me brown lips, and it looks really weird. Also, it has a really bad smell and taste of soap (yuk!).

PROS
Super creamy
Good packaging and price

CONS
Brown lips, ain't pretty for us with fair skin
Smells awful

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2013 2:24:00 AM More reviews by sivadore

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is my version of mauve. I have very fair skin, and NYX's Mauve is just too dark for me. I still wanted something in the mauve family, so I tried Thalia. I love it. It's lighter than Mauve, and works better with my skin tone.

These NYX round lipsticks are very creamy and slippery, so the color does not last as long as I would like. Layering it over a matte lip pencil helps though, I like to layer Thalia over a NYX Slim Lip Pencil in Natural.

Also, these lipsticks have a strange scent/flavor, which I can only describe as perfume-y. It's like licking a dryer sheet. I'm so used to MAC's vanilla scent that NYX's scent is just plain weird to me. Tolerable though.

Overall I am very pleased with this lipstick. If you're looking for a mauve color and have a very fair complexion, I would recommend Thalia. I find myself using it more often than I thought I would. It's a color you can wear daily, sophisticated but natural.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2013 6:12:00 PM More reviews by prettypollyperkins

The version I have is pale mauvey-lavender(!), cool-toned and not immediately flattering on my NC30-35 skin. But paired with a plum lip liner and blended in well it looks lovely. It looks even better when I slick mauve gloss over. The texture is very creamy and not particularly longlasting. I bought it based on online reviews with very tempting swatches but it's always a gamble. I like it but I'll opt for a different NYX lippie next time, maybe B52 or Heather.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2013 1:08:00 PM More reviews by stampa

The first time I put this on after hunting it down based on Pinterest swatches, I was so disappointed. It was so brown. BUT, I found the trick to be a light hand. If you don't press down as you apply, or if you blot with a tissue, it is the perfect nude for my NC20 skin tone. LOVE.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/25/2013 12:29:00 AM More reviews by Mshellan4

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Grey

I bought this color sight unseen and EWW it's an odd color for my skin!! It's brownish, plumish, with a very blue undertone..makes me look sick or stuck in the 90s..either way it's definitely not for me! The product itself is ok, creamy application and the smell is weird...I will try other colors in this line and see how that goes

rated 3 of 5 on 4/15/2013 11:38:00 AM More reviews by mom2spyboys

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

After seeing pics of this lipstick online I thought I would love it but sadly that's not the case. The tube I bought was very dark almost a burgundy on my lips. I was hoping for more of a natural mauve shade but that wasn't the case. I don't know if there are different shades sold with this name or what but for me this was just way too dark for my pale complexion.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2013 2:11:00 PM More reviews by ely617

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Love this!! Really is a MLBB shade for my light skin but quite pigmented lips. Very, very creamy, but not so much that it transfers a lot or moves around much. No smell or taste, so it's not annoying at all. Just goes on perfectly, without emphasizing dryness, and lasts for a decent amount of time because it is almost a creamy matte color.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2013 12:18:00 PM More reviews by 1magine

LADIES! I know that some of you are loyal MAC fans..I too love MAC but also love when I can get a good bargain so I decided to share. If you like MAC "Viva Glam Nicki 2 Lipstick"($15) you should try NYX "Extra Creamy Lipstick" ($4) in "Thalia" is a dead-ringer, cost effective and easier to apply. You won't have to keep going over your lips multiple times like with the MAC "Nicki" shade which is rather sheer.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2013 11:23:00 AM More reviews by mjadams92

Love the color! While it may not last throughout the day, color is worth taking the time to reapply