NYX Lipstick- #529 Thalia

3.6

Price: $

Price: $

on 1/6/2015 1:41:00 AM

I actually impulse bought this based on the name. Oh, don't look at me like that, you've done it too. You know you have.

I love me some dark lip color so this nude pink was sort of a gamble. Turns out it is the best of the several lipsticks I bought today! It is a nude, pinkish mauve that a lot of people would describe as a "My Lips Only Better" type of color, but it is substantially different (in a good way, I prefer not to wear lipstick that matches my natural color - why?!) than my own lip shade so I don't feel like I can put it in that category. It goes on really creamy and slightly lighter than you'd expect, but it sort of settles and looks much more like it is in the tube. Semi-matte/satin finish (which I love), and definitely not sticky (which I hate). It also does not feel heavy or thick on the lips, which is always good in a lipstick.

I am used to long-wear lipsticks (like Covergirl Outlast), and this is definitely not one of those (it will come off on your martini glass, coffee cup, boyfriend, girlfriend, or hair), but that's not a minus because it's not that kind of lipstick.

The price is great ($6 or so) and it doesn't have a nasty flavor or fragrance like a lot of drugstore makeup. Wears nicely, doesn't dry out my lips. I think this will make a good "gotta go out and be a grownup" lipstick or for days when I want to do smoky eyes with light lips I've never been able to, because I always thought nudes looked rubbish on me! I guess I was buying the wrong nudes, yeah?

For an impulse buy (NYX lip color products were buy one get one - how could I say no?) it turned out fantastic. I'd definitely get it again, and I am looking to try out some more lipsticks from the NYX basic lipstick line, now that I know they feel good and wear well.

on 12/22/2014 4:18:00 PM

This is so creamy that even with a lip liner it slides everywhere, it also has this old lady scent to it. Swatched, it looks beautiful but on my lips it turns into this greyish pink which isnt flatering

on 12/21/2014 9:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I love this color and creamy formula SO SO SO SO SO SO much. BUT holy moly, it is probably the shortest-lasting lipstick I have ever owned. It lasts like 15 minutes.

I want to love this so bad because the color is gorgeous. It looks and feels so creamy and opaque. For the two seconds it is on my lips it is gorgeous.

But the color and formula are useless if it only lasts a few minutes.

on 11/16/2014 3:10:00 PM

This is the strangest color on me, a grey lilac. Very odd and unflattering.

on 11/8/2014 3:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

I am a huge fan of MAC Syrup and I tried this, seeing as the color is pretty similar. And what can I say, I do love the color (it goes on opaque, yay!) and the smell is inoffensive. However, this lipstick is so soft and creamy that it fades super fast and I actually feel like the lipstick is melting in the tube. For that reason, I will not purchase again.

on 10/29/2014 7:01:00 AM

It's a lovely colour, but it tastes like soap! I thought it was just me. I even messaged NYX and they said that they have never heard of this complaint. But from reading the other reviews on this page, it's great to hear that I'm not the only one that thought this!

Will not be buying it again.

on 10/11/2014 12:24:00 AM

This is my favorite lipstick right now. I saw a swatch of MAC RiRi Bad Girl on Pinterest and have been after the color ever since. So why not just buy the MAC one, you ask? Well, I don't even know if I would be able to get my hands on it (not paying an arm and a leg on Ebay) and other swatches that I have seen of it do not look the same. So to save me a trip to the mall and my wallet a crying spell (since I can never just buy the ONE thing I set out to buy), I looked for a dupe. This is very close IMO. It's a neutral, mauvey color that seems to be so popular right now. In my research, another close match would be NYX's Euro Trash but my store didn't have that one when I went and I'm impatient. I can't possibly wait for them to restock. So I bought this one. Gorgeous. In love and rocking it every day since.

on 9/2/2014 12:20:00 AM

Wow this is a really lovely lipstick. I don't often wear lipstick as I just haven't come across any that I love.
I picked this up at target on special for just over $6 AU recently, and I'm glad I did.
The colour looks very natural on me, just slightly darker than my lip colour, and it's so smooth and creamy. Was very moisturising on my dry winter lips. It also made my lips look so full! Staying power was good on me too. Still left a tint on lips as it started to wear off. Haven't noticed any unpleasant smell that others have mentioned either.
Absolutely loving this, will definitely buy again. So cheap too!

I love all the NYX round lipsticks I've bought in the past but this one...this one looked horrible once applied. In the tube it looks like it could be a natural nudey mauvey 90's kind of color but once I put it on, it turned into a gross grayish brownish purple color. I really wanted to love it but against my pale skin and naturally rose lips this looked awful. I returned it right away.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love love love this lipstick! I rarely wear lipstick because i don't like to look too flashy and I have been searching for an everyday lipstick for years! This is the one! It's a bit darker than my natural lip color so it gives me a natural look but is still noticeable. As for the consistency it goes on really smoothly but is not shiny nor matte. As far as staying power this will stay a few hours but will need reapplication. Not a problem though. No bad smell. All time favorite lipstick !

Recommended for Medium Skin