December 21, 2014 | 952 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - Vice 2

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2014 6:54:00 AM More reviews by Anera

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

It's a very pretty palette, but I wouldn't repurchase it. I have hazel eyes, am fair (Bourjois 51, BB 02 Sand - less orange) and to me, the shades are too dark and/or black.
They last long after applied, perform really good, easy to blend, great pigmentation, the mattes aren't dry... Everything's perfect, but the tone of colors.
I bought the palette because of the following colors: Rewind and Habit, for being neutral matte shades; Coax and X-rated, being pretty pink colors, Shellshock, because I haven't got a nice silver shade and Betrayal, because it's a fluorescent purple.

The palette is a nice mix of colors and neutrals, and it's a nice palette to start your eyeshadow collection: neutrals (7), blacks (3), highlighter (2), dark colors (7), light colors (7), different family colors (black, silver, pink, blue, gold, green, purple, brown, taupe). You can make a formal, everyday or a nights out look.

BLACKS: Smokeout (eg. Creep), Lovestick (with silver glitter that doesn't transfer), Poison (greyish, but as a black), Voodoo (duochrome: black-purple), Prank (blackish blue). I feel like there are too many blacks. I don't use them. I would be fine with one black, but this many? I use a black gel eyeliner so I just use a black for darkening the look, but not that often to justify so many dark and black looking shades.

BROWNS: I have the Naked 1 and 3, and I made myself a MAC 10 pan palette of brown, so I have similar colors: Radar and Radar (eg. Snakebite, Darkhorse), Derailed (Satin Taupe, Mugshot, Darkside). Rewind is a nice medium matte brown, perfect for crease.

NEUTRALS: Habit (eg. WOS, but not noticeable lighter) is a nice blending color and good for brow highlight, Dope (eg. Virgin but darker, Sin but less pink) i like the most - I am a fan of this type of shades because the metallicness is not that noticeable for an everyday look, but they 'lift' the eye. I adore combining Dope with Rewind.

GOLDS: Strike (more yellow than Half Baked) I will never use. I don't like golds.

SILVER: Shellshok is a true silver (Gunmetal is way darker).

BLUES: I have never used blues, but teals. I like to apply them on the lower lashline when wearing a neutral eye. Prank has a lot of black in it, Madness is a royal blue. Madness is dark but pretty.

GREENS: Damaged is a royal green, if that exist :D. I don't have MAC Humid, but it may be similar. Stash is like Sumptuous olive. Both nice shades.

PINKS and ORANGES: Toxic is a mix of pink and orange; haven't used it but looks pretty in the pan. Coax is less cranberry than Last Call or Cranberry, a nice metallic medium pink. X-Rated is matte baby, medium pink.

And that's it!
I wouldn't recommend this palette to someone who has a lot of palettes like me. I am very attracted to UD since I find they make best eyeshadows and that the palettes are a great value. The quality is superb and the performance is unbeatable.

I have: Naked 1, Naked 3, Naked Basics, Ammo 2, and by Sigma the Crème de Couture palette (which I feel isn't as pigmented and vibrant as it looks).

4 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2014 1:31:00 PM More reviews by Orlakindlon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

For the amount of shadows and the high quality pigmentation I can not fault this product. Has such a great colour pay off. The only thing is that I wish there was more matte shades in the pallet. All in all it is a great pallet and would highly reccommend for those who love that pop of colour

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2014 11:35:00 AM More reviews by Kellie183

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'd normally stick to the naked range but after owning them all I felt like I needed a bit of colour and didn't want to sway from urban decay so this caught my eye. Although there is a few colours which can be used for a neutral look there is wide range of colour too and I absolutely love it. I never thought I'd see the day where I'd wear purples and blues but urban decay have done it again and made it possible. In love with this palette although I normally don't use it for my everyday look I'd still highly recommend this to colour lovers

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2014 10:48:00 PM More reviews by strakale

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I got this as a gift for Christmas, and wasn't sure if I'd be able to use it. I'm a neutral girl, so this looked colorful & scary to me! I'm glad that I was wrong & this palette is so fun & I'm loving it!
First of all, even if you prefer neutral looks, there are quite a few shades in this palette that are neutral, so you could easily do only neutral looks & still have quite a bit of eyeshadow to work with. Maybe you'd run out of combinations quickly, but it's doable.
What I really like to do, though, is do my "normal" neutral looks with fun pops of color to change up my look. I've really been challenging myself to branch out, but I can use this palette without being too out there, which is perfect for me. For instance, I'll do a mostly neutral look, with a color smudged under my eyes, or patted in the center of my lid, or under my crease color for a "peekaboo" of color.
As far as the quality of the shadows- they're excellent! All the colors are pigmented, finely milled and blend well. There are lots of shimmers and glitters, so you'll probably not like this palette if you prefer matte looks. Other than that, I think everyone can benefit from this palette- even the neutral lovers like me!
(I won't go into specific details about the colors, as other reviewers have described them in detail)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2014 9:53:00 AM More reviews by Mellymoomar

This palette is seriously the business. I love UD generally, but I tend to stick to the Naked line because I'm definitely more a neutrals woman than anything (although my New Years Resolution is to change that) and I received this as an unexpected Christmas gift.
I had no interest in the original Vice palette, so this what a little bit of a surprise and I was at first worried I wouldn't use the majority of the colours because there are definitely a few in there that are not for everyday wear. However, they do have about seven shades in the palette of which you could use for everyday. These are:
. Dope- A shimmery peachy pink, definitely a good highlight colour, or maybe all over lid
. Toxic- A rosy frosted pink, slightly deeper than dope but the two go well together
. Habit- Quite similar to W.O.S from Naked Basics, except a little less pink, I use this in the crease and put other colours on top as it works well for blending out for those smoky, blown out looks
. Ambush- This is a bronzy brown, a little less deep than Naked's smog but along the same lines
. Rewind- A classic matte brown, good for blending out or working into the outer 'v', quite a light brown though not too deep
. Derailed- This is one of my most favourite shades, its a taupe shade with a quite warm undertone, its a shimmer and goes really well in the crease and outer 'v'
. Radar- Its a another warm brown/bronze shade except this has quite a lot of micro glitter so expect some fallout when working with it

All of the shadows in the neutral section blend out really well, I'd say that Radar has to be my least favourite because the micro glitter makes it a little hard to work with and a little less blendable. Habit and Derailed are my favourites because whilst habit is a basic shadow it is so good for blending out with other colours. Derailed is also so gorgeous and really good for intensifying a smoky look which I do most often.
The rest of palette contains shadows which you probably wouldn't traditionally reach for if you were doing an everyday look for work or something, but you can definitely still rock them. My two particular shades that I have used a lot recently and are my favourite of the entire palette are:
. Betrayal- This is a violet, frosty purple with blue and pink undertones. It can be a little too sheer, so using a base first is definitely recommended, or maybe a little bit of fix plus to bring the pigment out more, but it is a really fabulous colour that makes green or brown eyes really pop.
. Voodoo- This is a deep metallic purple with micro glitter once again, but it is a lot more fine than the one in Radar so its easier to work with. It also has a black/brown undertone that makes it perfect for deepening the crease or outer v and compliments the Betrayal shade really well.
Even though this is a purple look it works really as an everyday look, you can either dress it down or crank it up depending on what situation you would be wearing it for. I also love to use 'Blackheart' (a black with red/rose gold glitter) from the Naked 3 palette to work in the v with Voodoo and Betrayal for something really smoky and blown out it is seriously ah-mazing!!
There are also three quite deep and dark colours which are:
. Smokeout- Another quite dark satin taupe, which comes off as a little bit more black when worn on the eye, and not too much glitter, which is nice.
. Lovesick- This shadow is a black with silver glitter. Its not exactly my favourite, but UD have a habit of including a black like this in a few of their palettes. It is a lot like the shadow 'Spell' from the Theodora palette, the black half of it obviously.
. Poison- Another favourite of mine, this is a really deep green/blue like it looks like a very dark green in pan but it you can definitely see a blue/black when used. Another good outer 'v' colour.
My least used shades would have to be:
. Shellshock- A very light silver which is very similar to 'Oz' from the Glinda palette, and whilst this is a very unique silver I am just not a big user of silver unless its a going out look and I mix it with black
. Coax- A shimmery, frosted baby pink with a hint of lavender purple, looks a little duochrome. As pretty as it is, I just don't use pink often.
. X-rated- Quite a disappointing shadow for me, just a powdery baby pink.
The last few shades to mention are two blue ones, which are called Prank & Madness. Prank is a light slightly pale denim colour, and Madness is a deep indigo with micro glitter. I find blue slightly terrifying, like I'm going back to the 80s, but I am trying to make it wearable.
Strike is a light gold, and UD always like to have a gold in there somewhere, and its definitely not like other gold's from them, so its quite refreshing. Could be good for fun summery looks.
And onto the greens it is Stash, which is a gorgeous olive, with hints of gold and little bit of taupe. The only colour I could compare it to is 'Moonstone' from Too faced. A beautiful shade that you could incorporate into an everyday look. The other shade is Damaged, which is more of an emerald green with a black undertone.
I'm sorry this review is sooo long! But its such a large palette with a lot to talk about. Overall, its fantastic, I would definitely recommend if like me, you are looking to branch out from all the neutrals! Would definitely repurchase although I'm pretty sure its limited edition.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2014 9:50:00 PM More reviews by Sarahsponda

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Oh em GEE! Words cannot express the love I feel for this pallet! I honestly can't even tell you which color is my favorite maybe in part because i haven't even gotten around to using every single color just yet, but mainly because every single color I've tried has been amazing!! BETRAYAL , COAX, & X-RATED blended together ~ mind blowwwwn! .. SHELLSHOCK= The silver of my dreams !! .. MADNESS = fantastical blue(especially when you add STRIKE to the center of the lid and PRANK in the outer V ;) ) SMOKEOUT is probably my favorite outer V color.. Ever.. Sometimes I use LOVESICK over my gel liner.. AMBUSH~ lovely crease color .. DERAILED~ beautiful in the crease or all over the lid REWIND~ Nice transition color that I'm using a lot more than I thought I would.. I use either DOPE or HABIT as a highlight Those are the colors I have used so far and I adore each and every one of them. I can't wait to play with the greens in this pallet. Most of them have minimal fall out which is really good for urban decay. Seems a little pricey at first, but if you really think about it you're getting 20 full-size eyeshadows. so it's actually a pretty sweet deal!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2013 12:14:00 AM More reviews by cherlene88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I can't say how much I love this palette! The colours are gorgeous, the quality of the shadows are top-notch. It is such a versatile palette and I find myself reaching out for it everyday. I have experience no fallout.. Do get it! Everyone needs this!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2013 7:00:00 AM More reviews by VMV

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

At firs I did not know how to use these gorgeous colors but now that I have watched some tutorials I really like this palette! It's perfect for the holiday season.

The light matte shade is little bit too dark for me to use as a highlighter so I have to get that from another palette.

Packaging is really nice. I like that it is not hard to open. Love the big mirror as well!

I will update later my opinion but now I'm using this a lot.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2013 10:45:00 PM More reviews by greeneyedcat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Lovely palette I received for Christmas. So many exciting colors and also some fun neutrals. Am a huge fan of UD shadows. Might be changing to an UD shadow girl over MAC.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2013 10:18:00 PM More reviews by UrbanDecaygoddess

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

LOVE LOVE LOVE this palette! The colors are gorgeous and super long lasting! UD never disappoints! I purchased this palette for a cruise. It's very versatile. I received many compliments on my eye makeup. This palette is a keeper!