December 21, 2014 | 893 users online

Fragrances - Chanel - Allure for women

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2013 1:31:00 AM More reviews by bebe_girl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

i love the scent of chanel allure edp. it's clean and "tidy" and a bit more grown-up than let's say, coco mademoiselle and also, warming. may be a little bit too warm for very hot days, tho. you definitely wanna pick up something lighter and brighter during hotter days. but for colder days, this and chanel coco mademoiselle edp are the fragrances to go. and they last forever, too! highly recommended.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2013 1:55:00 PM More reviews by sillage

Allure is my favorite Chanel perfume of all time -- and this is from someone who has at one time or another owned most of the Chanel perfumes -- and mostly, I still do -- in several formulations -- including a couple of the Exclusifs, too.

Allure was also my overall #1 favorite in my entire collection around 12 years ago, and I still love it and will always have a bottle on hand of each strength -- both the EDP and EDT. I like owning both -- for different seasons, weathers, & moods. They're different enough to own both.

Allure is warm, golden, soft, smooth, oriental, and meldy with skin -- with vanilla in the base. Generally speaking, the warm golden skin-like woody-vanilla-amber-musky perfumes have always been my favorites and the ones I'm immediately drawn to -- with my favorite note being vanilla.

When I first started testing Allure in stores, I was anosmic to it -- ie, I couldn't smell anything. It was so warm and "nude", sort of -- and it blended so well into my skin -- that my nose couldn't even detect it. It took several tests for my nose to finally "find" Allure -- and then I loved it. I've loved it ever since, and now I smell it very well -- I can always catch whiffs of it on myself. I recommend spraying it lightly, as it can be too strong if oversprayed.

I enjoy Allure in EDP better than the EDT strength, really -- the EDT is crisper & brighter, with more emphasis on citrus topnotes -- and the EDP is warmer, smoother, richer, and more vanillic -- with more emphasis on the basenotes. I like EDP better in cold Fall/Winter weather, and I pull out my lighter EDT when the weather gets warmer.

Fragrantica.com describes and lists the notes per below:
=======================================================
"Like all Chanel perfumes, Allure has a rich and complex composition. Fresh and citrusy at the beginning, it opens in lavishing floral heart to wooden and vanilla nuances and leaves lingering and fickle scent. It is best to describe it by the various accords it possesses:

Fresh -- lemon and bergamot

Fruity -- mandarin and peach

Classical floral -- the rose of May, jasmine, water lily, peony, magnolia, orange blossom

Woody -- sandalwood and vetiver

Oriental -- vanilla

The perfume was created by Jacques Polge in 1996."
=======================================================
Could be wrong, but I seem to recall once reading that the notes in Allure are not in 3 layers, like most perfumes -- but in a multi-sided facet -- so that the notes evenly and equally contribute to the fragrance at all times.

I once owned the limited-edition Allure Sheer Mist -- I bought it for summer -- and it was very nice, but they had cut out most of the warm vanilla base -- which is the main reason I love Allure -- and it focused more on light citrus topnotes, with just a little warmth in the base. It was quite filmy & sheer -- really pretty -- just not terribly Allure-ish.

I have also owned Allure Sensuelle in the past -- nope, it was just too spicy for me. I found it quite similar to Coco Mlle, which I also find too spicy for me. I'm surprised they made both scents, actually, since they're so similar. And then Chance is similar also. Allure doesn't have the spicy patchouli note that these 3 have. I have been under the impression Allure Sensualle had been discontinued..

Allure in EDP and EDT are staples in my collection, and I'll replace each bottle as I finish it. The name fits it perfectly -- it's subtle, warm, and alluring.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2013 10:15:00 AM More reviews by gc2011

I've worn this on and off for years and love it.

Lots of bourbon vanilla, white floral, fruit and a bit of cedar here. But mostly sophisticated vanilla and spice. Initially its a big blast, nearly overwhelming, but it settles right down to a scent that becomes very much a part of you. I get many "you smell amazing"s with this scent - for me, it is indeed alluring. ;)

Great lasting power and the sillage can be a monster if you use too much. Nice packaging - sleek and minimal - and of course the BAT CRAZY we've-pulled-a-fast-one-with-our-marketing-and-brand-cult-of-personality price. But it smells soooooo good that I'm willing to put up with it. . . . . and repurchase. (Can't believe I just wrote that down).

For me, nearly all of the Chanel fragrances (with the exception of the first Chance) are big wins for me - smell great, last forever, and I enjoy wearing them. This one is a standout, though - very feminine and classic.

Highly recommended.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2013 7:59:00 PM More reviews by jrm1862

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

For one thing, I am not a picky person so it surprised me that I did not like this one so much. I can honestly say it smells like bug spray or OFF on the dry down. Initially it smells musky and sophisticated, about an hour later it is nauseating and off putting. I was really set on buying either this or Chance but I think I like Eau Tendre better. Wow, I'm so glad I tested this first. It is strong but now it is giving me a headache. This is not for me and I'm glad I did not spend the money on this. I say test this one out first before you blind buy it. I tried the EDP.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2013 10:58:00 PM More reviews by LeMinx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Allure has been my HG scent for over a decade. I began wearing it in my early 20s and always received numerous compliments from people when I wore it. It's one of the only perfumes that I bought the accompanying lotion, shower gel, body oil and powder. I think I even bought the hair mist at some point! I ran out a few years ago and didn't repurchased another bottle for a while. I finally repurchased it just because I missed the smell.

Allure reminds me of a spicy body powder. It supposedly has floral notes in it but I really can't tell. This just smells like a sexy version of baby powder to me. Very warm and powdery. I don't wear Allure on a regular basis anymore because I have a plethora of other perfumes and now that I'm older, I kind of like to rotate perfumes based on my moods. This is still my go-to though. It has never gotten old and is pretty much a classic in my opinion. As with anything Chanel, it's a bit on the pricey side but it's well worth the price.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/19/2013 2:09:00 PM More reviews by sarah4250

After a few hours, this becomes a very warm, spicy scent on me. It is beautiful, and worthy of an addition to a perfume collection, but not recommended for warm weather in my opinion. It's also quite strong, so not something I would wear every day.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2012 3:33:00 PM More reviews by maleajou

A perfume that I buy on a regular basis. It is white, citrus like in the beginning, then more woody afterwards. It smells very expensive and classy, very lady-like (but not in the grandmother way). I use it for evenings, when we have something special. It can give me headaches though, thats why I dont use it every day.
Unique scent. Smells like no other perfume!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2012 1:39:00 PM More reviews by Cheekychee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I made a private deal with my Nordstrom Chanel rep. to sell me her personal tester of Allure Sensuelle since its so hard to find these days. I LOVE Sensuelle and have practically refused to even try regular Allure....

Well, she brought the bottle to work and we smuggled the sensuelle tester under the counter. I gave her the cash - she gave me the bottle - very clandestine exchange.

When I got home I realized she had given me a tester of regular Allure edp by mistake. I was miffed, but to tired to go back and explain, so I sprayed on regular Allure edp. And I LOVE it! Very bright and cheerful because of the vanilla and peach and bergamot and cedar. I need a happy fragrance these days so I am going to stick with this through Christmas and see what our future holds in 2013.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2012 2:20:00 PM More reviews by vixenella

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

it is interesting how different it seems to diff women. On me this EDT smells like musk with a hint of wood. I do not smell any flowers, cintrus etc. Just some fragrant wood with a smell of musk, very sexy, very addictive, very expensive smelling fragrance, does not give me headaches.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2012 9:39:00 AM More reviews by maliciousdelicious

I got this free or I would never have got it. It has a sharp smell like a toilet freshener according to me. Nothing elegant or sophisticated about it at all. Even the bottle is fairly ordinary.