July 31, 2014 | 2090 users online

Fragrances - Chanel - Allure for women

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2013 10:58:00 PM More reviews by LeMinx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Allure has been my HG scent for over a decade. I began wearing it in my early 20s and always received numerous compliments from people when I wore it. It's one of the only perfumes that I bought the accompanying lotion, shower gel, body oil and powder. I think I even bought the hair mist at some point! I ran out a few years ago and didn't repurchased another bottle for a while. I finally repurchased it just because I missed the smell.

Allure reminds me of a spicy body powder. It supposedly has floral notes in it but I really can't tell. This just smells like a sexy version of baby powder to me. Very warm and powdery. I don't wear Allure on a regular basis anymore because I have a plethora of other perfumes and now that I'm older, I kind of like to rotate perfumes based on my moods. This is still my go-to though. It has never gotten old and is pretty much a classic in my opinion. As with anything Chanel, it's a bit on the pricey side but it's well worth the price.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/19/2013 2:09:00 PM More reviews by sarah4250

After a few hours, this becomes a very warm, spicy scent on me. It is beautiful, and worthy of an addition to a perfume collection, but not recommended for warm weather in my opinion. It's also quite strong, so not something I would wear every day.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2012 3:33:00 PM More reviews by maleajou

A perfume that I buy on a regular basis. It is white, citrus like in the beginning, then more woody afterwards. It smells very expensive and classy, very lady-like (but not in the grandmother way). I use it for evenings, when we have something special. It can give me headaches though, thats why I dont use it every day.
Unique scent. Smells like no other perfume!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2012 1:39:00 PM More reviews by Cheekychee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I made a private deal with my Nordstrom Chanel rep. to sell me her personal tester of Allure Sensuelle since its so hard to find these days. I LOVE Sensuelle and have practically refused to even try regular Allure....

Well, she brought the bottle to work and we smuggled the sensuelle tester under the counter. I gave her the cash - she gave me the bottle - very clandestine exchange.

When I got home I realized she had given me a tester of regular Allure edp by mistake. I was miffed, but to tired to go back and explain, so I sprayed on regular Allure edp. And I LOVE it! Very bright and cheerful because of the vanilla and peach and bergamot and cedar. I need a happy fragrance these days so I am going to stick with this through Christmas and see what our future holds in 2013.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2012 2:20:00 PM More reviews by vixenella

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

it is interesting how different it seems to diff women. On me this EDT smells like musk with a hint of wood. I do not smell any flowers, cintrus etc. Just some fragrant wood with a smell of musk, very sexy, very addictive, very expensive smelling fragrance, does not give me headaches.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2012 9:39:00 AM More reviews by maliciousdelicious

I got this free or I would never have got it. It has a sharp smell like a toilet freshener according to me. Nothing elegant or sophisticated about it at all. Even the bottle is fairly ordinary.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2012 8:41:00 AM More reviews by Mathou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Great parfume. Great smell - this is one of those I always go back to. The smell is so warm and intense. I reminds me of my mother as she's been using it for many,many years.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2012 2:57:00 PM More reviews by nearfantastica78

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I fell in love with this fragrance when it first came out almost twenty years ago. I could not afford it at the time but my ex husbands sister wore it and it smelled divine. A few years later I scored a big EDP from duty free, and have had a love affair ever since :) I now own the Edt and it is still lovely. I get alot of vanilla with this, but not really bakery vanilla. There are peach and citrus notes I detect, and jasmine. Although this composition has many florals, it is more of a warm scent than fresh, so I save this fall and winter. The Edp is classified as an Oriental Vanilla, and the Edt is a Oriental Floral. To my nose, they smell very much the same, the Edp just being more intense. I love them both. I hope Chanel never discontinues this gem!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/21/2012 10:49:00 AM More reviews by troodos

I bought and wore this when it first came out and although I can't bear to part with it, it's a Chanel for heaven's sake, it must be good ;) I never wear it. It feels a little dated somehow. Beautifully crafted with high quality ingredients but somehow it sits for me between exciting vintage and fruity modern. Lovely nonetheless.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2012 10:38:00 AM More reviews by melysaretsahana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

It's allure and well yes it's alluring
classy as every chanel fragrance...
floral and very white floral but fresh and not soft...but not too strong
this is not what i'm looking for but it's nice.

Chanel coco mademoiselle is better...more citrusy and younger.this allure is more mature but not too mature as chanel coco.
I just hate the vanilla composition, smell like mosquito repellent cream but allure blends well...so it smells classy.but it is not too strong as what YSL cinema is(YSL Cinema contains more vanilla note)
i love the drydown and let it dripping lightly and diffuses...very soft and classy...make me want to sniff it again and again...
it smells more citrusy in outer but soft on wrist...
trust me it will send you to heaven...

three words for this allure :

Bold
Feminine
Classy

It's suitable for evening occasion ....

one more, it's long last