September 1, 2014 | 1896 users online

Fragrances - Chanel - Allure for women

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2013 10:15:00 AM More reviews by gc2011

I've worn this on and off for years and love it.

Lots of bourbon vanilla, white floral, fruit and a bit of cedar here. But mostly sophisticated vanilla and spice. Initially its a big blast, nearly overwhelming, but it settles right down to a scent that becomes very much a part of you. I get many "you smell amazing"s with this scent - for me, it is indeed alluring. ;)

Great lasting power and the sillage can be a monster if you use too much. Nice packaging - sleek and minimal - and of course the BAT CRAZY we've-pulled-a-fast-one-with-our-marketing-and-brand-cult-of-personality price. But it smells soooooo good that I'm willing to put up with it. . . . . and repurchase. (Can't believe I just wrote that down).

For me, nearly all of the Chanel fragrances (with the exception of the first Chance) are big wins for me - smell great, last forever, and I enjoy wearing them. This one is a standout, though - very feminine and classic.

Highly recommended.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2013 7:59:00 PM More reviews by jrm1862

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

For one thing, I am not a picky person so it surprised me that I did not like this one so much. I can honestly say it smells like bug spray or OFF on the dry down. Initially it smells musky and sophisticated, about an hour later it is nauseating and off putting. I was really set on buying either this or Chance but I think I like Eau Tendre better. Wow, I'm so glad I tested this first. It is strong but now it is giving me a headache. This is not for me and I'm glad I did not spend the money on this. I say test this one out first before you blind buy it. I tried the EDP.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2013 10:58:00 PM More reviews by LeMinx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Allure has been my HG scent for over a decade. I began wearing it in my early 20s and always received numerous compliments from people when I wore it. It's one of the only perfumes that I bought the accompanying lotion, shower gel, body oil and powder. I think I even bought the hair mist at some point! I ran out a few years ago and didn't repurchased another bottle for a while. I finally repurchased it just because I missed the smell.

Allure reminds me of a spicy body powder. It supposedly has floral notes in it but I really can't tell. This just smells like a sexy version of baby powder to me. Very warm and powdery. I don't wear Allure on a regular basis anymore because I have a plethora of other perfumes and now that I'm older, I kind of like to rotate perfumes based on my moods. This is still my go-to though. It has never gotten old and is pretty much a classic in my opinion. As with anything Chanel, it's a bit on the pricey side but it's well worth the price.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/19/2013 2:09:00 PM More reviews by sarah4250

After a few hours, this becomes a very warm, spicy scent on me. It is beautiful, and worthy of an addition to a perfume collection, but not recommended for warm weather in my opinion. It's also quite strong, so not something I would wear every day.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2012 3:33:00 PM More reviews by maleajou

A perfume that I buy on a regular basis. It is white, citrus like in the beginning, then more woody afterwards. It smells very expensive and classy, very lady-like (but not in the grandmother way). I use it for evenings, when we have something special. It can give me headaches though, thats why I dont use it every day.
Unique scent. Smells like no other perfume!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2012 1:39:00 PM More reviews by Cheekychee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I made a private deal with my Nordstrom Chanel rep. to sell me her personal tester of Allure Sensuelle since its so hard to find these days. I LOVE Sensuelle and have practically refused to even try regular Allure....

Well, she brought the bottle to work and we smuggled the sensuelle tester under the counter. I gave her the cash - she gave me the bottle - very clandestine exchange.

When I got home I realized she had given me a tester of regular Allure edp by mistake. I was miffed, but to tired to go back and explain, so I sprayed on regular Allure edp. And I LOVE it! Very bright and cheerful because of the vanilla and peach and bergamot and cedar. I need a happy fragrance these days so I am going to stick with this through Christmas and see what our future holds in 2013.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2012 2:20:00 PM More reviews by vixenella

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

it is interesting how different it seems to diff women. On me this EDT smells like musk with a hint of wood. I do not smell any flowers, cintrus etc. Just some fragrant wood with a smell of musk, very sexy, very addictive, very expensive smelling fragrance, does not give me headaches.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2012 9:39:00 AM More reviews by maliciousdelicious

I got this free or I would never have got it. It has a sharp smell like a toilet freshener according to me. Nothing elegant or sophisticated about it at all. Even the bottle is fairly ordinary.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2012 8:41:00 AM More reviews by Mathou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Great parfume. Great smell - this is one of those I always go back to. The smell is so warm and intense. I reminds me of my mother as she's been using it for many,many years.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2012 2:57:00 PM More reviews by nearfantastica78

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I fell in love with this fragrance when it first came out almost twenty years ago. I could not afford it at the time but my ex husbands sister wore it and it smelled divine. A few years later I scored a big EDP from duty free, and have had a love affair ever since :) I now own the Edt and it is still lovely. I get alot of vanilla with this, but not really bakery vanilla. There are peach and citrus notes I detect, and jasmine. Although this composition has many florals, it is more of a warm scent than fresh, so I save this fall and winter. The Edp is classified as an Oriental Vanilla, and the Edt is a Oriental Floral. To my nose, they smell very much the same, the Edp just being more intense. I love them both. I hope Chanel never discontinues this gem!