Maybelline Dream Pure BB Cream

3.8

Active Ingredient: 2% Salicylic Acid Water, Dimethicone, Isododecane, Glycerin, Diisostearyl Malate, Kaolin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Salicyric Acid, Peg-9 Polydimethylsiloxythyl Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone/Polyglycerin-3 Crosspolymer, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Chlorphenesin, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Acrylates Copolymer, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Peg-9, Dipropylene Glycol.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

been using this product for the past year, if you havent got very acne prone skin then i would recommend and if you arent into foundation, it is very light and hides redness i find that it brightens up my face really good giving me a healthy look without looking like you're wearing anything at all. It blends into my skin really good (olive skin tone) i do really love it and find the smell really nice weirdly the only con is that it drys around my nose

on 4/7/2015 7:52:00 PM

When I applied this bb cream it had a very nice medium coverage and a matte finish throughout the entire day. The next day, I broke out in hives. I hate this bb cream and will never repurchase again. It also doesn't have a wide color selection. And even the medium shade was too light for me when I am normally a light/ fair

on 4/5/2015 12:26:00 PM

I was reaaally excited to buy this BB-cream!
I see it has gotten pretty good reviews, and it was really popular last year but... i hate it.(and it hates me back!)
After applying it, my face looked a bit orange,So it didn't blend into my kinda pale skin tone. (I bought the lightest color) The coverage was okay.Although it felt greasy.
After wearing it for about a week my skin started changing. I was getting greasier and started breaking out. The BB-cream was making me so oily and clogging my pores.
So for a few months i had really bad breakouts all over my face (it was terrible ;_;)
Now everytime i try using this product again (to see if it was really THIS product that made me get acne) I breakout... -_-''
So that was MY experience with this BB-cream. Wouldn't reccomend it! xD

on 4/4/2015 2:42:00 AM

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

Very sheer, light coverage. Blended easily on me, but the reason why I did not like it was because it made me oily only 2 hours after application. I don't usually get too shiny but this product sped up the oil production or something. Bummer because I really wanted to like it.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I had wanted a BB cream for a while, and after watching a bunch of YouTube video recommendations, I bought this one. I didn't pay close enough attention to the color, so I bought it darker than I should have; but that was my fault. The tube has 1 fl. oz. of product, and after a month of use, it still feels very full. The packaging claims to be an "8-in-1 Beaty Balm Skin Clearing Perfector." It is 2% salicylic acid which is supposed to prevent acne. It says it can clear acne, conceal imperfections, minimize pores, reduce redness, adjust to skin tone, hydrate and smoothen, enhance and clarify, and feels lightweight and not oily.

Of those eight things, I'd say it does most of them. Here's a quick overview:
1. Clears/prevents acne: I don't have a major acne problem except flare-ups around my period time, but the product hasn't irritated my skin. I'm not sure how it works if you have bad acne.
2. Conceals imperfections: My skin is pretty tame and I don't need heavy coverage, so the minimal coverage conceals small imperfections.
3. Minimizes pores: It minimizes my pores for a while, though it doesn't last all day (as most BB creams don't).
4. Reduces redness: My skin tone is fairly even, though it does make most of any redness disappear.
5. Adjusts to skin tone: I bought the wrong shade, and it originally looks really orange on me. But when I blend it in, it's not very noticeable. I'd still repurchase in a lighter shade, but it does blend to my skin.
6. Hydrates and smooths: I use this product after a daily moisturizer, so I don't know how it moisturizes on its own. But with both the other moisturizer and this one, my skin feels really soft.
7. Enhances and clarifies: I have no idea what that means, so no comment.
8. 0% oils and lightweight feel: This is super lightweight, which I really love. The coverage is light, but that's all I need. It doesn't feel oily at all, and I love that it covers small imperfections without making me feel like I'm wearing a makeup mask.

Overall, I really like this product. My fault for buying the wrong shade, but that aside, it's a great product for light coverage and a natural feel. If you need heavier coverage, though, this won't do it.

on 4/1/2015 11:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I wanted a sheer lightweight foundation that would cover up some of my redness and blur my pores (My skin is very oily and very clog-prone). A friend recommended this to me, so I wanted to give it a shot! It was $9 at Rite-Aid. I'm light with pink undertones so I got the shade light/medium (the second shade). I applied this over moisturizer. I do have dry patches with my oily skin, but this applied very well. It clung a little to my dry cheeks, but it wasn't too noticeable. The cream had a sheer tint that matched my skin tone perfectly, but it felt a bit greasy even tho I only applied a pea sized amount to my face. I set it with powder. What I loved was how my face looked smooth and almost poreless. It also looked very "skin-like" and natural. This lasted me about 4 hours until I had to repowder. It didn't get patchy and melt off my face tho! For the price, I loved the coverage it gave and I thought the oil control was ok- it was workable. However, one day after wearing this, I was irritated and I started to break out on my forehead and a little on my cheeks. The salicylic acid irritated my nose and cheeks a little too (my skin doesn't like SA). If you're skin isn't too sensitive, I would try it out. I'm still on the search for a bb cream.

on 3/30/2015 9:14:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product was awesome not the best but very light and ok coverage

on 3/30/2015 5:08:00 AM

I bought this bb cream from all the good reviews I heard about it, and wasn't disappointed! it covers redness and discolouring incredibly well, especially around the nose and cheeks. I understand that it wasn't designed for covering pimples or severe under eye circles ( which it obviously doesn't very well), but for small pimples it covers really well, especially in conjunction with another concealer. It is very creamy (not runny or too thick)

The smell is a bit like sunscreen, which is ok, and my usually pimple prone skin doesn't break out from it to an extent. The only downsides of this product would be:

1. It gets steadily more oily through the day, especially in the creases in the nose and around the chin area. I think with a powder this would probably not happen so badly.

2. It does not last throughout the whole day. If I have a roughly 8 hour school day, it will only really last about 5 hours, and that's with me sitting in a classroom, no physical activity at all (though I don't think that's a worry as I do not do physical activity if I can help it) Again, with a powder this is probably no worry.

All in all, I love this product! The pricing and packaging is good, and lasts a fair while! I will definitely be repurchasing when i'm finished the first bottle.

on 3/19/2015 6:13:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I use this BB cream daily. It's so difficult to find a foundation for acne prone skin and this one works great for me. I like the way it looks and feels on my skin and it conceals blemishes quite well. My favorite BB cream.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is great base for days when you don't feel like wearing a full face of make-up or your skin is breaking out. It applies evenly and blends easily, and dries to what I would describe as a demi-matte finish. The coverage is light upon the first application but can be built up to medium quite easily without caking up.

It lasts pretty much all day on me when I set it with a powder with minimal fading (I have combo/oily skin). I use the shade Light/Medium or Medium (I'm NC20-25) and it matches me well. I've been using it 3-5x a week for about 6 months.

Overall, I would recommend checking this out, especially if you have acne problems because it has salicylic acid which should help prevent breakouts. I do feel that it helps me keep my skin clearer, but it certainly doesn't function in place of using a concentrated pimple cream.

Took off one lippie because I don't really see any other "BB" attributes in this product (no vitamins, SPF, etc.)