Maybelline Dream Pure BB Cream

Maybelline Dream Pure BB Cream

3.8

Active Ingredient: 2% Salicylic Acid Water, Dimethicone, Isododecane, Glycerin, Diisostearyl Malate, Kaolin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Salicyric Acid, Peg-9 Polydimethylsiloxythyl Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone/Polyglycerin-3 Crosspolymer, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Chlorphenesin, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Acrylates Copolymer, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Peg-9, Dipropylene Glycol.

Great acne-treating BB cream to have on hand whenever I have the occasional break-out, and even better that it's one that doesn't cost an arm and a leg. I got this BB cream in Medium, which is interesting because I matched to Maybelline's Dream Fresh BB Cream in Light/Medium. Based on this I think Dream Pure might run a shade darker than Dream Fresh's shades of the same name. The coverage is comparable but I find that Dream Pure's pigmentation seems to last longer than Dream Fresh's, and it's not as dewey in finish. But it's not matte either--it's a soft satin finish so it gives the face a healthy glow. But for the sake of maxing its staying power, I dust Maybelline's Fit Me Matte + Poreless powder over it since I'll oil up a little later in the day anyway.

As far as treating acne, this does not aggravate existing pustules at least for me, and I find that substituting this for my regular foundation for about a week seems to help the acne shrink and disappear. That and drinking a lot of water, and toning with Neutrogena's Oil-Free Acne Stress Control Triple-Action Toner before applying the BB Cream, and after washing it off in the evening. Loved Dream Pure BB way better than Dream Fresh BB and I love that this is fairly priced in comparison to other acne-treating BB creams both in the USA and overseas. I would gladly would repurchase in the future.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

When I first got this BB cream, I really did love it. I used a brush to blend it out and it gave me a nice, natural coverage and it did not oxidize to orange like so many other Maybelline foundations and bases have done on me. I got the shade Light/Medium and it was a perfect match. Now, when I use it, I'm just not wowed. For a BB cream, I feel like it's too heavy and just like a foundation. I also don't like how long it takes to set and how much powder it needs to set it. I do really enjoy the squeeze tube though. It's sanitary and easy to control. I do like this product, but once I'm out, I'm not gonna get another tube.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

overall rating-4- i absolutely love this bb cream in my opinion it matches nearly every skin tone and blends in perfectly. it gives you a very natural and beautiful look but doesnt look too thing and plasticy at all. i didnt give this product a five because the coverage isnt too good. it doesnt cover red patches or blemishes too good so if thats what your looking for i dont recommend. but if your a young teenager who doesnt really like to wear a lot of makeup this is perfect for you.

price- im agreeing with the price of this product because the first one i had lasted me ages considering i wore it almost everyday.

packaging- i dont know why but i really like the packaging on this product. i think its because the beautoful shade on the blue. it really drew me in towards this product.

have already repurchased two more and will continue repurchasing and recommending! <3 in love with it

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I should say this first: this is the only BB cream I've ever tried, so some of my problems with this product might be problems I have with BB creams overall. I've always had medium coverage or higher as a criteria before, due to problematic (acne-prone) skin, and for that reason I've never thought to try a BB cream before. Now that my skin has cleared up quite well I wanted to try one. What turned me to this one was simply three things: people seemed generally positive about it, it had salicylic acid, and it was on sale at the time (the third reason might've been the deal breaker, being a student who's spent too much money on makeup lately..)

My first problem is the coverage, of lack thereof. Obviously I was prepared for only a light coverage, but it's my understanding that a BB cream should at least even out the skin tone. It does practically nothing to my skin, not to mention that every little imperfection is just as visible as it is if I walk out with only moisturizer on my face.

Second problem is the staying power. If I touch my face, it's gone. If I go out for a few hours, it's gone. I tried setting it with powder, but the only thing that did was making me look cakier than.. possibly ever.

Thirdly, at the end of the day my face feels almost painfully tight and dry. This isn't something that happens to me, ever, since I have combination skin with an oily t-zone. Granted it's winter, and this might be more of a summer product, but I still found it more drying than anything. It says for oily skin, and I do think they mean /really/ oily skin. I have several foundations with 2% salicylic acid that doesn't dry me out like this one did.

Packaging is okay, plus for being hygienic, but minus points for the annoying cap. I don't know why, but I drop it 9/10 times when I try to screw it on and it doesn't "take".

Overall, I'm not a fan. I like the idea of this product, but it just didn't work out for me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I love this BB cream! I have oily, acne prone skin & my face breaks out easily if it doesn't like a product. I was so excited to use this bb cream after I bought it at Wal-mart & it was exactly what I expected it to be. It didnt cause me to breakout, I wear this to school and it gives a perfect coverage for a natural look. The coverage is not to heavy nor to light. I love this product so much that I will keep continuing to buy. :)

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I originally bought this for my teenage stepdaughter for her acne. She hated that it gave her no coverage and gave it back to me.

My skin is a little dry and I was almost afraid to try it.

That turned out to be paranoid on my part. I loved it! No skin irritation and the sheerness of it blew me away. Didn't require powder,and it didn't oxidize. Light is a pretty forgiving shade,since i'm paler than my stepdaughter and it still matched my skin in daylight.

This is far closer to a tinted moisturizer than a BB cream. Which I like, because BB creams feel like Spackle on my face. You will not get coverage with this product, but if you have normal to oily skin with minimal discoloration, this is great to have on "no-makeup" days. Doesn't make you break out,and you can even swim or get caught in the rain and it doesn't run!!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This BB cream has no coverage whatsoever! It's like putting lotion on. Seriously is there any pigment in there at all? Plus the color is way too orange (Light/Medium). Who has orange skin? Don't we either have warm or cool toned skin - pink-ish or yellow-ish? Orange is not a thing! Will stick to my Clinique age defense for medium sheer coverage and skin care.

This is the best BB-cream I have ever tried. The color matches my neutral skintone perfectly and the lightest shade is pretty light, compared to other brands. I used this when my skin was oily though, and it wasn't long-lasting what so ever. With a good mattifying powder ie. Mac Prep and Prime my face doesn't get too greasy, but I would recommend an actual mattifying foundation for those with very oily skin. Otherwise great product, but I won't repurchase since I don't use BB-cream anymore.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This. Is. Amazing. I had been searching around for my skin tone match before a friend informed me of this. Unlike all others I've tried it doesn't have an orangey tinge to it.

I recently bought garnier bb cream hoping it would be a good match, but it left me with a horrible orange colour that I couldn't even fix with powder (it went yellow).
I then bought max factor lasting performance foundation as it seemed to match in the store. Long story short $36.50 wasted!! Even more orange than the garnier one and an absolute nightmare to blend, such a thick heavy consistency!

It blends really well and I use the medium colour and I hardly even need to blend it! I do have oily skin and seeing as it is BB cream (they tend to be quite greasy) it doesn't really help that, but when combined with powder it works miracles. I would recommend this to people with light skin tones, as it only has 4 very light shades.

Pros:
- Blends easily
- Matches very well with skin tone
- Doesn't look caked on, nice texture
- No horrible orangey tinge
- Natural looking
- Evens out skin tone, especially when combined with setting powder
- Good coverage

Cons:
- Not suitable for people darker skin shades
- Can make skin oily
- Doesn't completely hide blemishes, but does a reasonably good job
- Doesn't last long, must keep applying 2-3 times a day

Overall I absolutely love this product and would recommend it to anyone with lighter skin tone.

For a bb cream this has pretty good coverage, it's a dewy finish but for days where I don't wanna wear foundation this is the next best thing! Good coverage nice natural dewy finish and doesn't feel heavy! Really like this stuff!!! Another awesome product from maybelline!!!