Maybelline Dream Pure BB Cream

3.8

Active Ingredient: 2% Salicylic Acid Water, Dimethicone, Isododecane, Glycerin, Diisostearyl Malate, Kaolin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Salicyric Acid, Peg-9 Polydimethylsiloxythyl Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone/Polyglycerin-3 Crosspolymer, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Chlorphenesin, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Acrylates Copolymer, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Peg-9, Dipropylene Glycol.

I love this, it's not greasy, it matches my fair yet yellow toned skin very well, and the coverage is perfect. I use the shade light/medium and it works for when I'm fair and when I have a bit of a tan, I just add a little more bronzer when I have a tan. I have acne prone skin and have been using this for a month with no breakouts. The staying power is really good on my oily skin , just a little powder on my nose and I'm good for the rest of the day. It has a semi matte finish which I really like since it looks slightly dewy but feels dry to the touch. This is my new favorite foundation, 10 outta 10.

I wanted to try this product for a long time and I finally bought it about a month ago. Let me just say that this is one of the best BB Creams that I have ever put on my face. I love that I can barely feel it on my face and it gives medium coverage, which I love!!! If I put my powder over this BB Cream it will last me all day, even when I am sweating! Awesome product

on 7/8/2015 7:54:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I just had to rewrite my original 4 lippie review on this. I've been using it for 2 years now and this is THE only BB cream that helps when my skin is acting up with hormonal acne flare-ups.

It's marketed for oily skin but I have normal/dry skin and I can use this without any problem (with a good moisturizer underneath). I would say the coverage is light to medium and you can wear multiple layers to get more coverage. Besides concealing big red pimples to it's best ability (them being not completely invisible but covered up enough to not worry about them) it also masks red bits and pores brilliantly without being too covering. Also I do have to add that this BB cream gives somewhat of a luminous effect, certainly not matte! The colours available are light and medium, which are both pretty light. I have both to mix up as the light is too light and the medium a tad too dark.
Only con: I gave just one lippie for the packaging rating as it's totally crap. The tubes leak in the cap, it makes a dreadful mess... It definitely is not matte!
Best BB cream for when you have minor acne!

on 7/6/2015 11:16:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I've been using this stuff every day for probably a little less than a year now. I have very oily skin, and prone to mild/moderate acne. I'm 26 now, and my skin became very oily since my move to the Bay Area from the Pacific Northwest. I used to use Covergirl Clean Oil Free for years until my skin started changing and it would clump up on my face and just look gross. I started buying other foundations; everything from Wet N Wild Coverall ($3) all the way up to Guerlain Lingerie de Peau ($70) and nothing was working. I didn't think a BB cream would work for me, but during a trip to Target the Dream Pure BB cream stood out to me because of the salicylic acid. I've been in love ever since. It doesn't necessarily make me any LESS oily, but it definitely doesn't increase the oiliness of my face. The formula is so creamy and feels so good to apply, and the coverage is buildable, so it's perfect for when I'm breaking out, and it's a plus that my skin has cleared up a bit since I first started using it. It lasts a full 8 hour work day without sliding around on my face (there's a lot of movement and sweating involved with my job, so that's seriously impressive). My normal every day makeup routine is just this BB Cream, some mascara and a little brow filler and I'm looking fresh! Definitely recommend!!

on 7/4/2015 8:18:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

One word: AMAZING. I was struggling with what base to wear during summer. The last thing I want during summer is wearing full on foundation. I had the following requests: very lightweight, mattifying, perfect color match AND have a brightening/radiant skin effect. I stupidly bought 2 bb creams before this one (one was oxidizing and turning orange and the other one was too heavy coverage) . I wear the medium one (I am quite tan now). This one fits the bill, believe me I really struggle with oily skin during summer and today I wore this WITHOUT powder, went shopping at 12 pm in heavy heat weather and when I got home my face was still not oily. WOW. Absolutely recommend.

on 6/23/2015 11:47:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I loved this stuff at first, but after a little bit it made me break out the worst I've ever broken out! I had pretty smooth, clear skin when I started using it but now I have full blown acne with bumps everywhere!! It feels a little bit heavier, but I like full coverage so I didn't mind. To me it felt very watery and it always felt tacky, even with a powder! I'll never use this stuff again, but be careful if you do!

on 6/22/2015 5:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Not bad for a drugstore BB cream. The shade Light/Medium is a good match for me in the winter and too light during the summer but medium is too dark for me. As expected, it only provides light coverage but with a good concealer it's enough for me on most days. The consistency of this is a thick cream like most BB creams and can feel heavy sometimes.

Pros:
- smooth, "whipped" texture, blends easily
- light/medium coverage
- natural looking
- lasts all day

Cons:
- non-mattifying (shiny in 2-3 hours, which is normal for me)
- heavy-feeling (feels cakey, but doesn't look cakey)
- limited shade range
- doesn't "set", feels tacky if not topped with powder

Overall, I would recommend this to those with normal/not oily skin. It works okay for my oily complexion if I set it with Rimmel Stay Matte and blot periodically.

on 6/20/2015 11:48:00 AM

I love this stuff! I have pretty clear skin but when I wear some foundation it makes me break out and I don't like the cakey feel. This feels like a moisturizer. This stuff says it clears skin and I believe it. It is not super heavy coverage, but definitely noticeably healthier brighter looking complexion. My husband actually told me that my skin looked really good one day, and all I was wearing was this. And my husband doesn't notice things like that often. It does not control shine, but gives a very nice glowing look to skin. I love how light this feels, and it stays on until you wipe it off! I have been sweating for hours before and my skin looked great and I came home and washed my face and couldn't believe how much was still on. I am a repeat customer. Try only covering one side of your face when applying to see the difference. It's natural looking so at first I felt disappointed until I did the half face and immediately realized it did more than I realized. I do usually cover with a powder to set, and mattify and give extra coverage, but it is great stuff.

on 6/13/2015 1:12:00 PM

Kinda orange (light to medium shade)

on 6/12/2015 12:29:00 AM

Love this product i wear it almost every single day.
Looks natural, blends in with your skin really nice to apply.
Only negative thing is that it does make your face either a bit oily at times or it comes off fast. Still love it