Maybelline Dream Pure BB Cream

3.8

Active Ingredient: 2% Salicylic Acid Water, Dimethicone, Isododecane, Glycerin, Diisostearyl Malate, Kaolin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Salicyric Acid, Peg-9 Polydimethylsiloxythyl Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone/Polyglycerin-3 Crosspolymer, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Chlorphenesin, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Acrylates Copolymer, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Peg-9, Dipropylene Glycol.

on 7/21/2015 11:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I used to be a huge fan of the Maybelline Dream Pure BB Cream! I wore this for light coverage about 2 years ago and loved it then! I found when I've used it now it leaves your face with a shiny look plus when you put in powder it gets cakey. I'm not a big fan of this product anymore but is sometimes great for light coverage!

on 7/17/2015 11:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was looking for a BB cream to try (I've tried Revlon's Photoready one before and HATED it!) and I found the sample of this in Light/Medium in Seventeen Magazine so I of course had to try it! It was a perfect match! Then I went and picked it up at Ulta. It feels very lightweight compared to normal liquid foundation (i.e Maybelline Fit Me). It has sunscreen in it, which I kind of don't like because of the smell and my skin tends to be sensitive and it burns slightly sometimes. The only thing I really don't like is the coverage, it doesn't cover acne, redness, or dark circles so you have to wear a concealer with it which is kind of annoying especially if you're in a rush!

on 7/12/2015 11:53:00 PM

I got this BB cream because I was sick of putting on concealer and powder. I wanted to just put one thing on my face. I got this product in light/medium. The light is really pale, almost the exact color as the fit me concealer in light 15. The light/medium is really light as well. But it's not orange at all. But it's really yellow, not a normal yellow, a strange bright yellow. The consistency is very thin and kind of runny. It leaves my face super shiny and greasy, so what's the point of using it if I have to set it with powder? I can do that with foundation and concealer. It has super sheer light coverage. Hardly any coverage at all. The red on my nose and face is poking through. It is also really streaky and breaking on my skin. There are spots on my face where it won't go on. It evened my skin tone out a tiny bit. It is lightweight on the skin, but really greasy and sticky. I don't see how others can think it's a somewhat matte finish. I guess it looks better than bare skin, but not much of a difference. It did blur my pores. Maybe I'd get more coverage with a darker color, but I'm not sure. The packaging is cute, but average. The amount you get for the price is a joke. The bottle is significantly smaller than most BB creams and more expensive. It might come in handy when I'm in a hurry, or don't feel like putting on foundation. I haven't been wearing it long so I'll edit this later, after I see how long the wearing time is.

on 7/12/2015 12:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I found that it was a little bit too pink for my skintone. But I still kept using it. It Didn't look or feel very nice on my skin and felt a little sticky even if I put powder on. It was ok. And I would recommend this if you want pinker and medium coverage. Works fine for oily skin.

on 7/9/2015 10:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Let me just say this is the best product I've used on my skin. BEST BB CREAM EVER. All the claims are true and honestly it looks so beautiful on the skin. It doesn't cover acne scars but obviously a little concealer will do the trick I am SO pleased. Good job maybelline

I love this, it's not greasy, it matches my fair yet yellow toned skin very well, and the coverage is perfect. I use the shade light/medium and it works for when I'm fair and when I have a bit of a tan, I just add a little more bronzer when I have a tan. I have acne prone skin and have been using this for a month with no breakouts. The staying power is really good on my oily skin , just a little powder on my nose and I'm good for the rest of the day. It has a semi matte finish which I really like since it looks slightly dewy but feels dry to the touch. This is my new favorite foundation, 10 outta 10.

I wanted to try this product for a long time and I finally bought it about a month ago. Let me just say that this is one of the best BB Creams that I have ever put on my face. I love that I can barely feel it on my face and it gives medium coverage, which I love!!! If I put my powder over this BB Cream it will last me all day, even when I am sweating! Awesome product

on 7/8/2015 7:54:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I just had to rewrite my original 4 lippie review on this. I've been using it for 2 years now and this is THE only BB cream that helps when my skin is acting up with hormonal acne flare-ups.

It's marketed for oily skin but I have normal/dry skin and I can use this without any problem (with a good moisturizer underneath). I would say the coverage is light to medium and you can wear multiple layers to get more coverage. Besides concealing big red pimples to it's best ability (them being not completely invisible but covered up enough to not worry about them) it also masks red bits and pores brilliantly without being too covering. Also I do have to add that this BB cream gives somewhat of a luminous effect, certainly not matte! The colours available are light and medium, which are both pretty light. I have both to mix up as the light is too light and the medium a tad too dark.
Only con: I gave just one lippie for the packaging rating as it's totally crap. The tubes leak in the cap, it makes a dreadful mess... It definitely is not matte!
Best BB cream for when you have minor acne!

on 7/6/2015 11:16:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I've been using this stuff every day for probably a little less than a year now. I have very oily skin, and prone to mild/moderate acne. I'm 26 now, and my skin became very oily since my move to the Bay Area from the Pacific Northwest. I used to use Covergirl Clean Oil Free for years until my skin started changing and it would clump up on my face and just look gross. I started buying other foundations; everything from Wet N Wild Coverall ($3) all the way up to Guerlain Lingerie de Peau ($70) and nothing was working. I didn't think a BB cream would work for me, but during a trip to Target the Dream Pure BB cream stood out to me because of the salicylic acid. I've been in love ever since. It doesn't necessarily make me any LESS oily, but it definitely doesn't increase the oiliness of my face. The formula is so creamy and feels so good to apply, and the coverage is buildable, so it's perfect for when I'm breaking out, and it's a plus that my skin has cleared up a bit since I first started using it. It lasts a full 8 hour work day without sliding around on my face (there's a lot of movement and sweating involved with my job, so that's seriously impressive). My normal every day makeup routine is just this BB Cream, some mascara and a little brow filler and I'm looking fresh! Definitely recommend!!

on 7/4/2015 8:18:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

One word: AMAZING. I was struggling with what base to wear during summer. The last thing I want during summer is wearing full on foundation. I had the following requests: very lightweight, mattifying, perfect color match AND have a brightening/radiant skin effect. I stupidly bought 2 bb creams before this one (one was oxidizing and turning orange and the other one was too heavy coverage) . I wear the medium one (I am quite tan now). This one fits the bill, believe me I really struggle with oily skin during summer and today I wore this WITHOUT powder, went shopping at 12 pm in heavy heat weather and when I got home my face was still not oily. WOW. Absolutely recommend.