January 26, 2015 | 1353 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Viva Glam II

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2014 2:18:00 PM More reviews by KimmyRM

MAC’s Viva Glam II is a muted pink-mauve shade with a hint of subtle shimmer. This is perfect for when you want to doll up with heavy eyes. Its naturally nude and perfect for daily use too. Its a satin finish so if you didn’t want to, there’s no real need for a gloss to go over.

Can be a little drying so I would recommend a primer to your lippies before you apply this.

Kx

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2014 1:45:00 AM More reviews by larosedechanel

Viva Glam II is my first MAC lipstick & I love it. It's a really pretty pink-mauve color; MAC describes is as "muted pink-beige with shimmer," & it's a Satin finish. This almost immediately became my everyday lipstick. I went in looking for a subtle, natural-looking nude for my dark (NC45) skin & I knew this one would be it as soon as I tried it on. For those of you who have dark skin & are afraid of beige lipsticks or have a hard times with nudes, this is a good shade to try because it's not too pale or Barbie looking. It's a nice pinky-brown that looks good on almost all skin tones.

This finishes semi-matte & of course, it can look & feel a little drying. If your lips aren't ready, it'll be hard to apply. Exfoliate & moisturize your lips before you wear this—I personally use Carmex. Without something underneath, it'll settle into the creases & lines in your lips & make them look chapped. Anyway, I think this looks best if I use a matching mauve to line my lips.

SPECIAL NOTE: I normally don't spend $16 on one lip product but, the entire cost (yes, 100%) goes to charity, the MAC AIDS Fund. The money goes to men, women, & children affected. It doesn't just help give money to people with AIDS; it also helps with transportation to & from their appointments, vaccinations, & meals. You really are helping when you get the Viva Glam products. Not only are you getting a nice lipstick, but you're also donating—think of it like that. I don't mind spending money on something that goes toward a good cause.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2014 10:38:00 AM More reviews by prettygirlmo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was my very first MAC lipstick that I bought right when it came out in the late nineties. I don't wear it very much anymore, but it has special meaning to me. It's a nude pinky beige color with a Satin finish. Satin finishes are one of my favorites from MAC because they are pigmented, opaque, go on smoothly, and are very comfortable to wear. It's very similar to MAC Blankety, so if you prefer Amplified Creme finishes, but like this color, I recommend trying that. This lipstick is for a great cause though. I looove the vanilla smell, and the sturdy packaging.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2014 5:43:00 AM More reviews by eraleni

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Great pink mauve nude for you that can't wear browns!
I planned to buy Cherish or Honeylove, but they where too brownish for me. I pair it with Subculture lip pencil which match my natrual lipcolour perfectly. The reason why I don't give it a 5 is that I don't think it shows up enough on my lips.
I think I prefer lighter nudes like Creme d Nude or with som colour in it like Shy Girl or Creme Cup.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2013 8:16:00 PM More reviews by ldtef002

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

If you are a red head, this lip color will complement your skin! I have been looking for a lip color to suit my color. Pale skin, along with red hair, are two things that are hard to match. If you have pale skin, with pink undertones, this blue toned lipstick is perfect. I order my lipstick off of ebay for a cheaper price. The packaging is nice and the smell is nice.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/31/2013 12:19:00 PM More reviews by alexandra0107

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Didn't like the colour of this on me at all. I don't know why, I usually love browny nudes but this just didn't suit me. I am NC30 due to being a fake tan addict, black hair and grey coloured eyes. I bought this because I like to buy lipsticks in fours (I don't know why! OCD much?) and I'd already chosen Myth to tone down some of my brighter colours, Diva as we're in Autumn and I have never really tried a dark red and HoneyLove as it is just a beautiful nude! Viva Glam II is very similar to HoneyLove but just doesn't suit me as well despite being nearly identical in the tube. It did not last at all on me, I put it on around 2PM and had a hot drink shortly afterwards and it pretty much all disappeared. It is now 4PM and there are no traces left at all. I'm not too disappointed as the money goes to charity but as a lipstick this is a dud.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2013 5:02:00 PM More reviews by lightgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I first purchased this lippie when it first came out in 1995/96! First nude ever!

VG II is an awesome pinky nude color and looks great w my NC15/NW20 skin tone. Every penny u pay goes to AIDS charity which is another great reason to buy this. It's a satin finish and the color is opaque, comfortably creamy, with a slight sheen and lasts a long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2013 5:28:00 PM More reviews by Msritajanay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

My love for this lipstick is SO real! Lol I am NC 50 (summer) NW43 (winter) skin tone and I use this towards the end of the summer when I lighten up a bit. It makes the perfect pinky nude lipstick for me. If I add a gloss it is usually MAC Boy Bait or Double Happiness Cremesheen gloss and it's perfect!!! I tell everyone about this shade because it is my favorite and it's my signature lip when I only want some liner and light makeup. Also! The texture is matte so it's good to moisturize lips first or the color will separate.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2013 1:49:00 AM More reviews by Xexuxa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Black

Viva Glam II is an interesting color. It can make you look kinda slickly on its own, but layers with Subculture lipliner with Viva Glam V lip glass its beautiful. It a look that I haven't been able to replicate with other colors. I recommend getting it with the lip glass, very pretty.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2013 5:56:00 PM More reviews by Farunka

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Beautiful nude, will mute out your lips, I wear it with smokey eyes in winter, and with a nude gloss over it, I'm not sure what shade I am in winter, but Im NW20 in summer, yet I still wear this lipstick in winter.