July 30, 2014 | 1061 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Viva Glam II

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2013 5:28:00 PM More reviews by Msritajanay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

My love for this lipstick is SO real! Lol I am NC 50 (summer) NW43 (winter) skin tone and I use this towards the end of the summer when I lighten up a bit. It makes the perfect pinky nude lipstick for me. If I add a gloss it is usually MAC Boy Bait or Double Happiness Cremesheen gloss and it's perfect!!! I tell everyone about this shade because it is my favorite and it's my signature lip when I only want some liner and light makeup. Also! The texture is matte so it's good to moisturize lips first or the color will separate.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2013 1:49:00 AM More reviews by Xexuxa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Black

Viva Glam II is an interesting color. It can make you look kinda slickly on its own, but layers with Subculture lipliner with Viva Glam V lip glass its beautiful. It a look that I haven't been able to replicate with other colors. I recommend getting it with the lip glass, very pretty.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2013 5:56:00 PM More reviews by Farunka

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Beautiful nude, will mute out your lips, I wear it with smokey eyes in winter, and with a nude gloss over it, I'm not sure what shade I am in winter, but Im NW20 in summer, yet I still wear this lipstick in winter.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/21/2012 3:31:00 PM More reviews by GoddessIv

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

It was a hard and long struggle for me to find the perfect nude lipstick, but finally last year I did and it was Viva Glam II.
My coloring for reference: NC 20 (warm/gold undertone), dark brown hair and dark brown eyes, not very pigmented lips (almost nude).
I was looking for a lippie to be able to wear with smokey or a heavier eye make up that doesn't wash me out and has just a touch of a color to it. This lipstick is a nude beige with a touch of pink and some grey but to me the gray is not over done; it is just enough to make the lipstick work with cooler colored make up and the beige/light brown base allows for warm make up.
I'd say this formula is drying and every time I wear it, I have to moisturize my lips first, it's also a good idea to exfoliate...otherwise I end up with the "raisin-mouth".
Lastly, I'd repurchase this lipstick had MAC remained cruelty free, but unfortunately they decided to expand into China. The Chinese government mandates that all products sold withing their country be tested on animals first. So even though Mac doesn't test their products withing the US, they still do it (or commission a company to do it for them). Either way, they are not cruelty free anymore, which is very disappointing since MAC was built on these principles. Whatever happened to "Tested on models not on animals"?

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2012 10:50:00 PM More reviews by Menolikepolos

I bought this lipstick when I was NW25 after a spray tan, in Miami for a wedding last year, and asked the lady at the MAC counter for a good nude for NW25. To be fair, it was a great nude for NW25. Too bad I was only NW25 for a weekend :(

I keep trying to make this work, even when NW20 during the summer, but it just looks like I'm trying to bring the 90s back. This has alot of cool toned mauvey brown, but I can't make it worth with the pale skin. I need more rose tones, like in Rimmel's Heather Shimmer.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/3/2012 5:41:00 AM More reviews by MGMGM

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been waiting a long time to find a nude I loved this much. I've tried a couple by MAC [Myth, ugh] & other brands [which usually fell too much towards the orange/ yellow nude], but for an NW15 blonde hair, brown eyes this is imo perfect. When swatched it looks so different from the colour it applies as. It's a slightly 90's grey/ brown nude with just enough pink to not make it odd looking. I've been wearing this a lot since I got it, mostly to the office & night classes, it's a great all rounder. It's also great paired with a more dramatic eye if you still want a little colour on your lips. It gives a mature, polished look & I actually love the satin finish, also don't be deceived by the description on MAC's website, it has no visible shimmer [very strange that they state it does]. It's definitely going to be re-purchased.
**Edit: It also makes your lips look really full. I could rave about it all day. I really don't get why it's not more popular, particular as the funds to charity :-/

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2012 9:11:00 PM More reviews by dazzlelight21

I tried this on at the MAC store and have been in love with it ever since! It is an amazing product, the colour is a soft nude that looks great with my yellow undertones and can be used to create a natural day look or an evening look. The colour is so versatile, it has become a classic essential in my makeup collection.
The only thing I dislike about this product, is that it's a bit drying for my lips; I recommend applying some chapstick before putting the lipstick on.
Amazing product, would definitely re-purchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2012 7:50:00 PM More reviews by MBROOKS425

I really like the color of MAC Viva Glam II. My lips are naturally a deep red, which I dont like too much. So I usually look for pigmented lighter pale pink lipsticks or nudes to bring down the redness. This is a light nudish pink on me. I dont use it too often as it's kind of flat.. but if you put some gloss on top it looks awesome. It's a very pretty color. I would definitely buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2012 6:47:00 PM More reviews by lalaland

I am a little sad to see such low ratings for this lipstick. It is the newest edition to my collection and I really love it. I always buy nudes and love them for a little while and then I start to hate them or not use them. I realize that they are too pink or too orange and I want it neutral. I love neutral lips or very bright (which I rarely wear) and other everyday lips were not doing it for me. My other everyday nude which is lighter and pinker is MAC A Perfect Day (LE). This, however, is exactly what I am looking for in an everyday color. It is closer to my lips but calms the pink down in my lips and adds a satin/matte finish that I love (I hate shiny lips on me). I really like that the color is browner than other colors in the shade range because that helps it from being too pink on my pigmented lips. I got mine at a CCO but would definitely repurchase full price if I use it up (never actually finished a MAC lipstick).

rated 2 of 5 on 6/4/2012 11:52:00 PM More reviews by aniqaliah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i always wanted an effortless nude lipstick that doesnt look dead on me. i'm a nc40-42 and this lipstick look grayish on me ....i need to use a lip liner with it or else i would never wear this on its own...but i'm too lazy to do extra step to achive a nice nude lips so i would not repurchase this