MAC Viva Glam II

3.7

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

My absolute favorite lipstick from MAC!!! Pair this with MAC's 'Beurre' liner; thank me later ;)

on 8/7/2014 6:03:00 PM

This is my absolute fav lip color. It's very natural and pretty. I love it!

on 8/4/2014 4:08:00 AM

One of my favorite lippys! I'm almost done with it and would definetly repurchase. It's the perfect mauve nude color. A little lighter than Velvet teddy. I think this would go great with most skin tones. I really recommend picking this up.

edit: I returned all three of these that I had this lipstick is truly ugly it looks grey and sort of like blankety but blankety is nicer I will finish the tube I have now its used but after that I won't repurchase I don't like MAC nudes so far ive tried some but for now ill stick with wet n wild bare it all for a nude it's an exact dupe for honeylove and cherish I compared because I have honeylove and my daughter has cherish.

On the fence right now if I would buy this again. I have very pigmented lips, and wear my eyes dark, this helps balance all the colors out and softens my features. My only gripe is it doesn't work perfectly with my coloring! I have to dab a peach or pink gloss over it to warm it up. However this creates the perfect nude lip for me! It's the matte-er and more grey version of my HG MAC creamsheen Modesty.

on 6/16/2014 7:45:00 AM

OH MY GOODNESS!!!!

Honestly, this is a blind buy. I've been searching for a Mac nude for the past few months on the internet, as the "nearest" Mac store from my home is not so near. So I just lust for Mac swatches online, researching very hard for swatches on different skintones because I don't even know what my undertone is. So naturally, nudes are very hard for me to find, specially those that would suit me perfectly. THIS! Is unfortunately, not a nude for me. Lol. But I finally found the most beautiful MLBB. <3 *tears* The story is, I just grabbed it quickly at the store, not having a swatch on my hand or even a glimpse at it. I depended on everything I saw online. The color turned out a good surprise. It actually is the same as my natural lip color, but of course, more even and more luscious-looking. A bit of a pain to apply, but I think it's the first times. The texture is a dream. Once it's on my lips, it's creamy and soft and heavenly. I didn't get the drying effect others experienced. Oh my God. I can't even stress my love for this. It's true that things will come to you once you stopped looking. Haha. But I'm thankful I finally found this gem. Will repurchase! I still don't have a nude though. -_-

on 6/10/2014 2:18:00 PM

MAC’s Viva Glam II is a muted pink-mauve shade with a hint of subtle shimmer. This is perfect for when you want to doll up with heavy eyes. Its naturally nude and perfect for daily use too. Its a satin finish so if you didn’t want to, there’s no real need for a gloss to go over.

Can be a little drying so I would recommend a primer to your lippies before you apply this.

Kx

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Viva Glam II is my first MAC lipstick, & I love it so much that it's my everyday lipstick. This is a really pretty pink-mauve color MAC describes as a muted pink-beige with shimmer; it's a Satin finish one. I wanted a natural nude shade for my dark (NC45) skin & I knew this would be it as soon as I tried on the tester in the store. If you have dark skin & a hard time with nudes or beige colors, this is great! It isn't too pale or Barbie-looking. The pink brown shade looks good on almost all skin tones.

This finishes semi-matte & of course, it can look & feel a little drying. If your lips aren't ready, it'll be hard to apply. I suggest exfoliate & moisturize before application. I personally use Carmex. Without something underneath, it'll settle into the creases &/or lines in your lips & make them look chapped. Anyway, I think this looks best if I use a matching mauve to line my lips.

Note: I normally would not spend $16 on one lip product but, the entire cost (literally 100%) goes to charity—The MAC AIDS Fund. The money goes to men, women, & children affected. It doesn't just help give money to people with AIDS; it also helps with transportation to & from their appointments, vaccinations, & meals. You really are helping when you get the Viva Glam products. You get a nice lipstick & you’re donating! I don't mind spending money on something that goes toward a good cause.

on 2/2/2014 10:38:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This was my very first MAC lipstick that I bought right when it came out in the late nineties. I don't wear it very much anymore, but it has special meaning to me. It's a nude pinky beige color with a Satin finish. Satin finishes are one of my favorites from MAC because they are pigmented, opaque, go on smoothly, and are very comfortable to wear. It's very similar to MAC Blankety, so if you prefer Amplified Creme finishes, but like this color, I recommend trying that. This lipstick is for a great cause though. I looove the vanilla smell, and the sturdy packaging.

on 2/2/2014 5:43:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Great pink mauve nude for you that can't wear browns!
I planned to buy Cherish or Honeylove, but they where too brownish for me. I pair it with Subculture lip pencil which match my natrual lipcolour perfectly. The reason why I don't give it a 5 is that I don't think it shows up enough on my lips.
I think I prefer lighter nudes like Creme d Nude or with som colour in it like Shy Girl or Creme Cup.

Popular Lipsticks