October 2, 2014 | 1880 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Viva Glam II

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2014 5:43:00 AM More reviews by eraleni

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Great pink mauve nude for you that can't wear browns!
I planned to buy Cherish or Honeylove, but they where too brownish for me. I pair it with Subculture lip pencil which match my natrual lipcolour perfectly. The reason why I don't give it a 5 is that I don't think it shows up enough on my lips.
I think I prefer lighter nudes like Creme d Nude or with som colour in it like Shy Girl or Creme Cup.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2013 8:16:00 PM More reviews by ldtef002

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

If you are a red head, this lip color will complement your skin! I have been looking for a lip color to suit my color. Pale skin, along with red hair, are two things that are hard to match. If you have pale skin, with pink undertones, this blue toned lipstick is perfect. I order my lipstick off of ebay for a cheaper price. The packaging is nice and the smell is nice.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/31/2013 12:19:00 PM More reviews by alexandra0107

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Didn't like the colour of this on me at all. I don't know why, I usually love browny nudes but this just didn't suit me. I am NC30 due to being a fake tan addict, black hair and grey coloured eyes. I bought this because I like to buy lipsticks in fours (I don't know why! OCD much?) and I'd already chosen Myth to tone down some of my brighter colours, Diva as we're in Autumn and I have never really tried a dark red and HoneyLove as it is just a beautiful nude! Viva Glam II is very similar to HoneyLove but just doesn't suit me as well despite being nearly identical in the tube. It did not last at all on me, I put it on around 2PM and had a hot drink shortly afterwards and it pretty much all disappeared. It is now 4PM and there are no traces left at all. I'm not too disappointed as the money goes to charity but as a lipstick this is a dud.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2013 5:02:00 PM More reviews by lightgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I first purchased this lippie when it first came out in 1995/96! First nude ever!

VG II is an awesome pinky nude color and looks great w my NC15/NW20 skin tone. Every penny u pay goes to AIDS charity which is another great reason to buy this. It's a satin finish and the color is opaque, comfortably creamy, with a slight sheen and lasts a long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2013 5:28:00 PM More reviews by Msritajanay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

My love for this lipstick is SO real! Lol I am NC 50 (summer) NW43 (winter) skin tone and I use this towards the end of the summer when I lighten up a bit. It makes the perfect pinky nude lipstick for me. If I add a gloss it is usually MAC Boy Bait or Double Happiness Cremesheen gloss and it's perfect!!! I tell everyone about this shade because it is my favorite and it's my signature lip when I only want some liner and light makeup. Also! The texture is matte so it's good to moisturize lips first or the color will separate.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2013 1:49:00 AM More reviews by Xexuxa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Black

Viva Glam II is an interesting color. It can make you look kinda slickly on its own, but layers with Subculture lipliner with Viva Glam V lip glass its beautiful. It a look that I haven't been able to replicate with other colors. I recommend getting it with the lip glass, very pretty.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2013 5:56:00 PM More reviews by Farunka

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Beautiful nude, will mute out your lips, I wear it with smokey eyes in winter, and with a nude gloss over it, I'm not sure what shade I am in winter, but Im NW20 in summer, yet I still wear this lipstick in winter.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/21/2012 3:31:00 PM More reviews by GoddessIv

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

It was a hard and long struggle for me to find the perfect nude lipstick, but finally last year I did and it was Viva Glam II.
My coloring for reference: NC 20 (warm/gold undertone), dark brown hair and dark brown eyes, not very pigmented lips (almost nude).
I was looking for a lippie to be able to wear with smokey or a heavier eye make up that doesn't wash me out and has just a touch of a color to it. This lipstick is a nude beige with a touch of pink and some grey but to me the gray is not over done; it is just enough to make the lipstick work with cooler colored make up and the beige/light brown base allows for warm make up.
I'd say this formula is drying and every time I wear it, I have to moisturize my lips first, it's also a good idea to exfoliate...otherwise I end up with the "raisin-mouth".
Lastly, I'd repurchase this lipstick had MAC remained cruelty free, but unfortunately they decided to expand into China. The Chinese government mandates that all products sold withing their country be tested on animals first. So even though Mac doesn't test their products withing the US, they still do it (or commission a company to do it for them). Either way, they are not cruelty free anymore, which is very disappointing since MAC was built on these principles. Whatever happened to "Tested on models not on animals"?

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2012 10:50:00 PM More reviews by Menolikepolos

I bought this lipstick when I was NW25 after a spray tan, in Miami for a wedding last year, and asked the lady at the MAC counter for a good nude for NW25. To be fair, it was a great nude for NW25. Too bad I was only NW25 for a weekend :(

I keep trying to make this work, even when NW20 during the summer, but it just looks like I'm trying to bring the 90s back. This has alot of cool toned mauvey brown, but I can't make it worth with the pale skin. I need more rose tones, like in Rimmel's Heather Shimmer.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/3/2012 5:41:00 AM More reviews by MGMGM

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been waiting a long time to find a nude I loved this much. I've tried a couple by MAC [Myth, ugh] & other brands [which usually fell too much towards the orange/ yellow nude], but for an NW15 blonde hair, brown eyes this is imo perfect. When swatched it looks so different from the colour it applies as. It's a slightly 90's grey/ brown nude with just enough pink to not make it odd looking. I've been wearing this a lot since I got it, mostly to the office & night classes, it's a great all rounder. It's also great paired with a more dramatic eye if you still want a little colour on your lips. It gives a mature, polished look & I actually love the satin finish, also don't be deceived by the description on MAC's website, it has no visible shimmer [very strange that they state it does]. It's definitely going to be re-purchased.
**Edit: It also makes your lips look really full. I could rave about it all day. I really don't get why it's not more popular, particular as the funds to charity :-/