July 24, 2014 | 1815 users online

Mascara - Guerlain - Maxi Lash Mascara

rated 3 of 5 on 1/27/2014 5:53:00 PM More reviews by Sara44

Separates lashes with no clumps, very build able to the point where it looks like you have fake lashes!

Update - it gets a bit clumpy when it starts to run out, and isn't the most lengthening mascara I've tried.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2014 2:06:00 AM More reviews by Milena

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

For me, this mascara was just average. Truly meh. Beautiful tube, wonderful scent, but it didn't hold my curl at *all* and only gave me length and separation (just like Definicils mascara). On my lashes, there is zero volume with Maxi Lash, no matter how much I applied or how I applied it (with and without Lancome's base). Since I love the look of full, thick lashes, I returned this to Sephora. I get better results with drugstore mascara.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2014 3:18:00 PM More reviews by leilei465

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I exclusively use high end and mid range mascaras because I find them to be significantly better than drugstore ones. This was my first Guerlain mascara that I purchased and it was on a whim. I typically don't purchase non waterproof mascaras, but I figured I'd give it a go as a layering mascara. It doesn't give much length, but I does help with volume. I recommend anyone with thin, straight lashes that naturally point downwards and have trouble holding a curl to only use this mascara with a waterproof base mascara underneath, as this will definitely weigh them downwards. Overall, I don't think this mascara is anything special for $30. It's not a bad mascara, but that being said I think I'll keep trying new ones than repurchase this when it's through.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2013 12:04:00 PM More reviews by blacksheep6293

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Hazel

So much love for this mascara. I was on the prowl for a luxe mascara and this did not disappoint. I've had it for about 3 months now so it's time to replace it...anyway!

TEXTURE/SCENT/PACKAGING
This mascara comes in a short squared off polished gold rube embossed with the Guerlain logo. The brush handle is shorter than usual mascaras but it doesn't hinder the usage.
The brush itself is very reminiscent of YSL faux cils except this is morr rounded and the bristles are spaced slightly further apart which helps to peevent clumps for me.
This has a high end perfumed scent so if you are sensitive to scents you may need to give this a miss. I've never experienced a 'scented' mascara until I used this. It gives it a very luxe special feel.

PERFORMANCE
This fans, separates, lengthens and slightly plumps my lashes and is layerable without clumping. It's not a very wet mascara but its not dry either. Mine has sort of dried down rather than dried out but I am due for a new one. The brush tends to get flattened towards the end of the mascaras cycle and I have been layering it.
Is it worth $40AUD? yes and no. I love the luxe feel, the scent and the overall outcome but its so so so hard to justify this on mascaras.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 12/30/2013 12:18:00 AM More reviews by paleandpink

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Another mascara I loved for the first couple of weeks, yet again another mascara has failed me. The first week I thought I found my holy Grail of mascara. It made my lashes doll like and long. I really could care less about volume.
Well to make my long story short after two weeks again another mascara starts to dry up and start to clump.
Oh I forgot to say, it did smudge on my upper lids from day one,, which I would have been willing to live with. Oh well it sucks and back it goes to sephora.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/19/2013 10:36:00 PM More reviews by mhorton

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I loved this at first. The scent, the packaging, the application. Creamy and simple.

After about 2 weeks the mascara started having more fall-out by the end of day, sometimes even after a couple of hours in the morning! I would find that mascara was repeatedly smearing under my left eye, and I never apply mascara under my eyes to begin with!!

I'm at a loss, still searching for that perfect one.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2013 7:45:00 PM More reviews by cssalgueiro

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this product, it thickens your lashes, separates them and gives them incredible lenght.
I tend to use it more in the evening as my lashes are already long so with this I get a very dramatic effect, but on people with normal/short lashes it should be fine to use during the day. It also dependes on your preferences obviously, so if you like dramatic lashes day and night ignore this! You should only be careful with crumbling which will happen if you use too much. The other thing I really love about this is that my lashes stay curled all day long, they just stay put like if I've just applied it. Also, something which happens to me with maybelline colossal and doesn't happen with this is some bits of mascara "dust" falling under my eyes at the end of the day, which I hate. But again, this doesn't happen with this one which is a plus for me.

The smell is lovely too, this doesn't really matter, at least to me, but it just feels so luxurious and classy, just what you'd expect from a mascara this expensive.
When it comes to removing this, it's a bit hard, it feels like it's whaterproof although it isn't, so I can't remove this solely with my usual cleanser (you could, but it would just take too long) so I tend to remove it an oilier makeup remover and that's fine. But that's a small price to pay for something this good.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2013 9:40:00 AM More reviews by paleseptember

The only mascara for me.

This lengthens, separates, thickens, holds a curl and lasts all day without transferring/smudging. I can build it up from a natural look to something more dramatic to pair with a smoky eye. It is completely black - no grey tones and no crisping up and flaking off throughout the day. I don't mind forking out £30 for something this effective and versatile.

The packaging it sleek and easy to work with - the brush is thin enough to coat your bottom lashes without accidentally applying it to your under eye area.

I don't know if I'm alone in this but I have noticed an improvement in my bare, natural lashes since I began using this mascara. They no longer break/snap and they are silkier than before. I have tried to research the ingredients but with no luck.

I'll repurchase again and again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2013 1:14:00 AM More reviews by suzannaelektra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really like this mascara. It has a nice, normal sized brush and really creamy texture which adds pretty good volume to my short sparse lashes. The packaging is beautiful and it's not a bad price for a high end mascara $32 Canadian. I would get this again, it's similar to voluminous by Loreal but creamier and not as clumpy!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2013 10:46:00 PM More reviews by audmac

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

I did the mascara madness at Nordies, got my fav GA ETK and ETKE mascaras, and wanted to try something different as my third one. I did a little research looking for one that holds a curl and gives some volume and length. It was between this and the Tom Ford one which got mediocre reviews and was more expensive. I went for the better reviewed and more reasonably priced Maxi Lash It seemed like a no brainer, lol.
The first day I tried Maxi Lash I was not impressed with it at all. It look a half dozen coats to get it to show up, it left the tips of my lashes clumpy and wouldnt hold a curl . I was dissapointed but decided to give it one more try before sending it back. The next day it was like a whole different mascara- length, thickness, no clumping and it held a curl for a good while too. I dont know what magic happened to it but am grateful that it turned out to be so great- its a keeper. ;)