October 23, 2014 | 1912 users online

BB Cream - Ponds - Luminous Finish BB+

rated 2 of 5 on 8/12/2014 4:34:00 PM More reviews by laurenjill05

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got the shades light and medium on clearance at Target. I am really glad I didn't pay full price for these because it is basically just a lightly tinted moisturizer - so don't expect any coverage from this. My skin tone still looked uneven after applying this, and I have clear skin. The medium shade looks pretty dark when you squeeze the tube, but it's so sheer it really doesn't even matter because once spread out it's not even going to show up. If you're looking for a bb cream with coverage - you're better off trying Garnier's or Rimmel's matte bb cream. I would return these but I figured they were so cheap I'll just use them as a moisturizer. They do have a nice rose scent and pretty packaging.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2014 9:32:00 PM More reviews by gwen712

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The best ever, but I'm seeing it clearanced a lot of places. Is it going away? Just my luck.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2014 7:55:00 PM More reviews by doorah

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm happily surprised with this near perfect and affordable BB cream from Ponds. Like many, I spend lots and expect better performance the more I spend. Although I have tried several of the higher end options I reach for my Ponds BB+ cream every single day. I first apply my Estee Lauder Matte perfecter and then the BB cream. It applies and blends like a dream and leaves a soft satin finish. I usually use more "sheer" foundations because medium coverage formulas seem to either accentuate dry areas I didn't even know I had, or settle into fine lines and wrinkles. Which brings me to one of the main reasons I love this product; I get excellent coverage and it looks and feels natural. I am also pleased with the sunscreen capabilities as I've been in the sun longer than I expected (meaning I didn't apply any additional sunscreen as I would had I known....) and although I may have received some redness elsewhere, my face was not affected at all. It lasts all day and into the evening as well, which is really quite remarkable for me. The only drawback I have is there are only two shades. Light and medium. The light is too light for now as it is mid summer, it may or may not work during the winter months, however the medium first appears way too dark from the tube but when I blend it over my skin (with my fingers, nothing else) it seems to melt into my skin and I get that medium to full coverage and the skin tone is very natural. I have cool toned skin which makes most other medium or full coverage foundations appear yellow or orangish on me. I also don't notice any fragrance at all as some others have mentioned, not sure why that is as I have a very sensitive nose! This is seriously one of the best discoveries I've found in a long time. I will definitely repurchase and I won't mind if I need to mix the two shades together for my winter skin, it's worth it to me.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2014 4:20:00 PM More reviews by hollywoodgirl

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this product. I received a sample and liked it so I used ECB at CVS to buy the full size. I start with Monistat Anti Chafe Gel on my cheeks and then apply the BB cream with my fingers. After a minute, I lightly apply Physician's Formula Mineral Wear face powder, using a brush. Then on goes a little powder blush and lip balm. I'm good to go.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2014 1:42:00 AM More reviews by Missbutterfly201

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I gave this bb cream a 5/5 because I LOVE this stuff! I'm a teen & I have a hard time finding face coverage products because everytime I try one it turns out cakey or dry looking even if I put on lotion & a primer. So before school starts back up I was on an Internet Hunt to find a new face product that would feel light but also give me good coverage and wouldntlook cakey. I watched Youtube videos on this product and read reviews on this and a lot of people said this was awesome! So I decided to give it a try. I found this at target for $6.98. YES $6.98! It's usually $10-$11 but they had the bb cream on clearance for some reason! I got the color light. The bad thing is there is only like 2 or 3 shades. So if you are an Inbetween Shade you might need bronzer. So here's how I applied it, I 1st moisturized my face and then I just squeezed a dime size amount on my finger. I dotted it on my face and then patted it in with my fingers and VOILA! A smooth flawless finish! I was so suprised on how this looks on me. It looked a little dewy so I added a dusting of my rimmel stay matte powder over it and the finish was great!!

I love the packaging, the finish of this product, the smell of it & the color matched pretty well to my skin. Overall I will buy this again! (:

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2014 8:50:00 PM More reviews by lulu56

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I ran out of my Lumene BB cream and saw this in Walgreen's. It is a lot cheaper and it does not smell like the Lumene. Lumene has me looking greasy lately and was tired of the smell. I am surprised that this went on smoothly and dried almost matte, yet it also gave me a glow and it stayed on better. I also like it has mineral sunscreen. I bought the medium shade and matched my skin perfectly. Love the flat tube and it doesn't leak. Would buy again.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2014 6:07:00 PM More reviews by maria526

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my new favorite BB. I'd been using Garnier, always going back to it after trying a few others. I'm not going back to it this time. Ponds Luminous Finish really does leave a luminous finish, which I love, with none of that shimmery stuff that I hate. It goes on well and blends easily, though it's a little more sheer than Garnier. (That's OK with me.) It seems to be more moisturizing than any other BB I've tried, and it stays put pretty much all day, without settling into my fine lines, even when I use sunscreen under it. The light shade is perfect on my medium skin most of the year, but in the summer my face gets a little darker, so I've switched to the medium shade for now; I'll go back to the lighter one when my skin fades back to its natural color in the fall. I'll definitely buy again.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/23/2014 5:39:00 PM More reviews by Maddicakes

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Sticky, sticky, sticky. Good color, and felt good going on, but no matter how thin I applied it, it felt wet. My hair stuck to my face if the wind was blowing. Ick. So disappointed.

The color was so nice, and if it had "dried" a bit or absorbed, I would have used it. Into the trash it went.

One star for good color.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/30/2014 12:08:00 AM More reviews by littledeschutes

bottom line: not a fan

I have fair skin and the lightest shade blends in nicely with my skin tone but it doesn't have good coverage at all

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2014 10:54:00 AM More reviews by nailpolishadict7654

This stuff has a surprising amount of coverage Not sheer but not quite medium either. It is not really matte, even after it dries, but I do have oily skin, so maybe it is just me. With out powder it looks very natural but with a little shine since it's a little dewy. It has great staying power.

I was outside on a really hot humid day for about 5 hours on a trampoline. I was sweating like you wouldn't believe and when I got back inside I looked in the mirror and it was still mostly in place!

I need a little concealer to completely cover my acne, but it is a bb cream so I expected that.

This is my first bb cream just fyi

I won't repurchase just because there are so many others out there that I would like to try.