September 19, 2014 | 1793 users online

BB Cream - Ponds - Luminous Finish BB+

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2014 6:07:00 PM More reviews by maria526

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my new favorite BB. I'd been using Garnier, always going back to it after trying a few others. I'm not going back to it this time. Ponds Luminous Finish really does leave a luminous finish, which I love, with none of that shimmery stuff that I hate. It goes on well and blends easily, though it's a little more sheer than Garnier. (That's OK with me.) It seems to be more moisturizing than any other BB I've tried, and it stays put pretty much all day, without settling into my fine lines, even when I use sunscreen under it. The light shade is perfect on my medium skin most of the year, but in the summer my face gets a little darker, so I've switched to the medium shade for now; I'll go back to the lighter one when my skin fades back to its natural color in the fall. I'll definitely buy again.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/23/2014 5:39:00 PM More reviews by Maddicakes

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Sticky, sticky, sticky. Good color, and felt good going on, but no matter how thin I applied it, it felt wet. My hair stuck to my face if the wind was blowing. Ick. So disappointed.

The color was so nice, and if it had "dried" a bit or absorbed, I would have used it. Into the trash it went.

One star for good color.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/30/2014 12:08:00 AM More reviews by littledeschutes

bottom line: not a fan

I have fair skin and the lightest shade blends in nicely with my skin tone but it doesn't have good coverage at all

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2014 10:54:00 AM More reviews by nailpolishadict7654

This stuff has a surprising amount of coverage Not sheer but not quite medium either. It is not really matte, even after it dries, but I do have oily skin, so maybe it is just me. With out powder it looks very natural but with a little shine since it's a little dewy. It has great staying power.

I was outside on a really hot humid day for about 5 hours on a trampoline. I was sweating like you wouldn't believe and when I got back inside I looked in the mirror and it was still mostly in place!

I need a little concealer to completely cover my acne, but it is a bb cream so I expected that.

This is my first bb cream just fyi

I won't repurchase just because there are so many others out there that I would like to try.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2014 3:08:00 AM More reviews by janis13

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Best ever over any foundation I've used. moisturize, prime, apply. Rub between hands to warm up and spread easily. don't need much for whole face. top off with light powder. light, non clumping, doesn't accumulate around nose or settlev in pores or lines. simple and effective packing. Using light for my medium skin tone. Live the simplicity, moderate coverage, ease of use.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 6/10/2014 8:49:00 PM More reviews by snrocinu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

Left my face feeling sticky and greasy. Reeks of sunscreen and perfume. Easily wipes off and looks streaky after a few hours.

The "light" shade has a slight grey tinge and made my face look dirty/sickly.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2014 5:12:00 PM More reviews by MeggieStrange

I LOVE this! Definitely my go to BB Cream. It's actually the only BB cream that I've tried that matches my skin tone. Others are always too pink toned. I have combo skin and this was great for my dryness but it did make me a little shiney throughout the day. (But it does clearly say Luminous Finish)
Overall, I think it's a great product. Especially if you have very pale skin. The packaging is good. It's a thick consistency so it doesn't just spew out of the squeezy tube that it comes in.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2014 2:27:00 AM More reviews by ivanamandias

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I picked up a small tube of this at the grocer's in the hopes that I one day would find a solid BB cream that's cheap, but most importantly- good! This BB cream is just that!
I needed a BB cream in a shade that would temporarily substitute for my foundation (Covergirl 3-in-1 Outlast Stay Fab in 857 Golden Tan) because my skin tone got a little lighter through the months. I am in the shade 'Beige', and it is a good match, yellow tinge and everything, which was wonderful as most BB creams are available in a couple of fair shades that would leave someone like me with ashy looking skin.
The texture of the cream itself is quite thick, and truly creamy rather than fluid, like most BB creams are. However, don't let it's creaminess fool you! It's dandy to blend into your skin with, and doesn't cling onto the dry patches of skin! It moisturises adequately, so I am able to wear this alone, without a separate moisturiser underneath it. The cream takes a while to dry, but once it does it looks completely natural.
The coverage of the BB cream is moderate. My skin has hyper-pigmentation, so there are plenty acne scars and marks to cover up. The cream doesn't completely mask these flaws, but it does fade them; so if you don't look too closely, you won't be able to see them!
The packaging of this product is a generic plastic tube, and the cream itself has a mild scent to it. The only issue I have with the product is that it stays put on your fingers after application, but I find that it happens with other BB creams too.

Overall, I think this Pond's BB cream is a bang for your buck. It's a good BB cream if you're looking for one that's natural looking and fresh- rather than flawless and matte. Plus points for not clinging onto dry patches of skin and a good difference between one shade to the other.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2014 2:36:00 PM More reviews by LaLa6699

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

A-MAZING! Perfect for my skin tone and I am one pale girl! No problems with streaking or rubbing off throughout the day. I apply this with a brush and then put powder on top of it.
The color is super light so if you are looking for more of a foundation, this is not for you.
If you just want to add a even glow/tone to your face, this is for you.
I believe this cost around $9-$15 but it is well worth every penny.

As far as smell, there really is not one and as for oil, that is not a problem either. Hope I helped!! :-D

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 5/8/2014 10:10:00 PM More reviews by mmyao24

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm glad this is a thicker consistency bb cream, like the ones in Asia, but for me that just proves it's really hard to blend and to spread across your face and you just end up wasting a lot of product.
Pros:
Nice smell (just like my burts bees cleanser lol)
Beautiful packaging
SPF
And that's about it
Cons:
Was too BROWN for my skin tone so I had to mix it with my L'oreal bb cream which is lighter
Thick texture made it hard for me to spread across my face so I had to reapply
Doesn't moisturize like the package claims, nor does it correct skin tone
So even though I had high hopes for this bb, I'm just going to end up wasting it all and then switching back to L'oreal.
So yeah.