July 25, 2014 | 1790 users online

BB Cream - Ponds - Luminous Finish BB+

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2014 1:09:00 AM More reviews by mfguille

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

So I had initially bought this in Light Medium for myself back when it first came out. I remember really liking it, but then the Covergirl Outlast 3-in-1 came out and although the Covergirl one is a lot heavier than this BB cream, my skin was not t it's best and I needed more coverage, so I stuck with the Covergirl foundation an give this to my mom who doesn't really wear makeup. She loved it, and now that my skin is a lot better (eating healthy, working out and Pond's Clarant B3 moisturizer!) I am kicking myself for not having kept it. I'm definitely going to buy myself one! I love it!!! It was a super hot day, in the 90s, I only wore this, mascara and eyebrow pencil and my skin looked and felt amazing. I have oily skin, with dark spots and redness, as well a a couple breakouts and this made my face look nearly perfect. It has a natural matte finish, lasts at least half a day on me, doesn't make me look oily, if anything it ends up looking dewy-which is different from oily. I love it SO much. I like Ponds products in general, especially for oily skin people on my opinion. I dare say this is one if not THE best BB cream in the US market. It just sucks I can only get it at Walgreens cause its the only store around and it's $13 but for what you get it's still ok I guess, but if you can get it for ten bucks definitely try it out!
***I uploaded a full face picture, I am only wearing this (as far as face) no concealer or anything and I got light coverage but it still evened out my skin and diminished the appearance of dark spots and redness***

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2014 3:34:00 PM More reviews by Shauneexo

This bb cream surprised me. I was afraid that it would feel heavy when I first squeezed some out of the tube, but it feels soooo light and dreamy!!! It keeps the oilies at bay on its own without powder, but needs to be set with powder if you want it to last for more than 4 hours. No biggie. I have very sensitive skin and this bb cream doesn't break me out one bit. I haven't noticed any tone correcting, but I also don't use this on a consistent basis, as I like to rotate products. My one gripe is that there are only two shades available. Medium is a decent enough match but a little on the pink side. Overall, a very nice bb cream with medium coverage that can be sheered out if you want.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/30/2014 12:31:00 AM More reviews by jadefly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

After reading the mostly glowing reviews about this product, I just had to try it! Medium looked like it might be too deep for my Southeast Asian skin, so I took a chance and bought the Light version since this BB cream only comes in three colors.

When I applied a swipe of it at my jawline, the Light color seemed to disappear right into my skin, which was encouraging! Maybe I'm used to my face looking a little tanner, though; I thought I looked a little pale after applying a full pea-sized amount all over my face, but I guess that could have been due to the fluorescent lighting at the gym locker room. Later in the afternoon, I thought I looked a little too pink in the mirror compared to my neck. But when I asked a friend and my husband a couple of hours later, neither of them could tell I had anything on. Unfortunately, that IS a comment on the coverage: The light-medium coverage wasn't quite enough to cover my acne marks, even after dabbing some extra on them.

The consistency is fluffy and a dream to blend with my fingers. After application, my skin looks matte but not dull or lifeless like with my previous foundation/BB cream; it looks creamy... maybe even glowy?! Unfortunately, the matte velvet appearance doesn't last, though I might blame that just on my oilslick of a forehead. Like other reviewers have mentioned, there is a slight fragrance, but I found it to be pleasant, and besides which, it disappeared within an hour of application.

Overall, this is a great drugstore BB cream, though as always, I'm not sure I'd call it my HG product just yet. I'm a little disappointed with the SPF coverage of 15 (ideally, it'd be SPF 30), plus I hear the higher-rated drugstore BB cream Maybelline Dream Pure BB Cream just started popping up in the US, so you can bet I'll be on the lookout for that!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2014 7:02:00 AM More reviews by Kathy101

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This product has such great coverage and I don't even have to use a concealer after it which is always a plus! I usually have a problem with finding products to cover acne that Is really obvious and I feel like this partly does the job

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2014 7:44:00 PM More reviews by juliawilson22

I like this a lot! I was worried the medium would still be too light for me because I have very tan skin but with some bronzer this is great. It blends in really nicely and adjusts very well to my skin tone. It has a beautiful finish to it and I love ponds products so yay!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2014 11:24:00 AM More reviews by supergirlieque

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is the best American Drugstore BB on the market. It has a thick yet fluffy texture that is very close to the original Asian BB creams that started the craze. It covers and blends way better than the other American BB creams that I've tried. A little bit goes a long way, just a pea sized amount will give you adequate coverage.
The packaging is sturdy and I love the way the lid snaps onto the nozzle, it keeps everything neat and tidy and I don't feel like I'm wasting product when I'm finished using it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2014 11:29:00 PM More reviews by jewelishappy

I love this product!!! Best drugstore brand of BB Cream ever! Instantly makes your face smooth and flawless :) it really lightens the dark spots as well :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2014 7:02:00 PM More reviews by PeggyA

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I literally went on a binge last year buying every single drug store BB cream I could find. This is my favorite. It goes on light, but that is good for me, my skin is clear and just needs to be evened out a bit. My skin is fair so I chose the lightest color. I like the look I get, radiant without shimmer, a healthy but very natural glow. I have been alternating so many different BB creams that it was ridiculous. None of them were terrible but none of them were super either. I'm so happy I can toss the rest out and settle on this one. My skin is mature but not overly dry. I use very little of this every day - about a pea size, so it will last a long time. I will rebuy when this runs out.

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2014 7:45:00 PM More reviews by melbay

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love this stuff. I'm have a fairly light complexion, but went with the Medium. At first blush (pardon the pun) I thought it was going to be really dark. It wasn't. It blended well, maintains a great matte finish all day, covers acne scars and does give me a nice luminous glow. I'll buy it again - price is right too!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2014 6:27:00 PM More reviews by lcmcallister

Wow! for the small price tag, this stuff is a must have! it's dewy, medium coverage, and so natural looking!