December 18, 2014 | 1575 users online

Scrubs - Freeman - Charcoal and Black Sugar Facial Polishing Mask

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2014 12:59:00 PM More reviews by jorrdanniccole

I bought this mask because I am a huge fan of the Freeman Cucumber Peel-Off Mask. I saw this charcoal mask next to the peel off mask and it definitely sparked my interest. Charcoal and BLACK sugar? Sure, why not? After I washed my face, I dried it and started to apply the mask. The sugar makes it difficult to apply to the face (sugar clumps kept crumbling off). The mask kinda makes me look like I face-planted in the mud—it wasn't a smooth, full coverage mask like I had thought it would be. But whatever! I like it anyway! When the time came to scrub it into my skin, the sugar had dried thicker, and the scrubbing was VERY strong. Not necessarily harsh, but strong. I could see my skin getting very red where I was scrubbing, but it goes away after five minutes previous to rinsing. After rinsing, I immediately noticed that my black heads were practically gone! And my pores were much smaller. My skin was incredibly smooth with no dry, flaking skin left behind. My skin could breathe! As far as acne goes, I'll have to use this once a week for a few weeks in order to tell you. But anyway, I can't believe how flawless this product made my skin look and feel.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2014 4:25:00 PM More reviews by missykeyana

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like this product a lot.

This is a gritty, grainy mask/scrub. I like it more as a scrub. I have combination/oily skin that can look dull sometimes, so every 2-3 days I use this in the shower. It can be harsh, so I scrub gently with my hands at first. if you have sensitive skin, I suggest that you leave this on for a minute or two before scrubbing; the sugar crystals will dissolve a little and the scrub will be gentler. The packaging is a bit of a pain - I have to slam it down on the edge of the tub for it to close. I still prefer it to a jar though.

I love what it does to my face, especially for the price, and I've already purchased a backup.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2014 10:38:00 PM More reviews by diepset1

I have a lot of masks by Freeman, but this is probably my favorite. I have oily skin, so I think that exfoliating is essential! This mask smells really good, but I can't describe it. It's a unique scent! I do use it as a mask, so I wet my face with water (preferably warm) and then gently apply it to my face. The water just helps it stick and leaving it on detoxifies the skin. I wash it off with warm or hot water, so that my pores are open and I get the nasty out. The real exfoliating takes place during this step because washing it off causes it to rub on the skin. If you have sensitive skin, I don't think this is for you. The texture is extremely gritty! I love the product, but the packaging needs work. Since it's so gritty, the cap on the tube can be hard to close, so just wipe off the excess and close it. It might take a few tries, but it'll eventually close. All in all, it's the greatest Freeman mask there is. Plus, it smells heavenly. It leaves my face looking smooth and polished, just as it claims.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2014 7:26:00 AM More reviews by wxnne

I absolutely love it! After i use this mask, my skin feels soft and looks so much better. I use it once or twice a week, leaving it on for about 15 minutes and then gently scrubbing it off with water. Will definitely buy again!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2014 6:07:00 AM More reviews by Liz318

I love this scrub!
My skin looks polished after using it and it deffinitly shrinks my blackheads. I also use it for spot treating my chin, I tend to break out a lot on my chin so I use it a few times a week on my chin only and once a week on my entire face.
I leave it on for about 10 to 20 minutes and then I remove it in the shower. I do have sensitive skin and this doesn't bother it at all.

It's deffinitly a holy grail product for me!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/27/2014 4:15:00 PM More reviews by SDR1977

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

After seeing this product advertised somewhere, I was itching to try it. I looked in all kinds of stores with no luck. Even the small sample packs were sold out. I finally ordered it on Amazon. It arrived, I used it, and here is my opinion.

Meh. They really shouldn't call this a mask. It's a facial scrub. The end. I guess you can spread anything on your face, let it sit and call it a scrub.

Like every other scrub I've tried, it left my skin feeling smooth but that's about it. It did nothing for clogged pores or oiliness. I feel like the abrasiveness disappears after minimal scrubbing.

I wouldn't buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2014 3:05:00 PM More reviews by MissLerina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

PROS

- leaves skin feeling soft
- shrinks pores
- brightens
- scent
- great for both dry and oily skin types
- can use as face scrub or mask

CONS

- can be messy

COMMENTS: I really don't have anything bad to say about this aside from it being a little messy. I like how you can adjust it according to your skin's sensitivity. It can be harsh, however when using this on damp skin or just wetting your fingertips it becomes less abrasive and more suitable for all skin types. My skin is left feeling incredibly soft, looks brighter, and pores/blackheads are less noticeable. Another thing is, you can use this as a mask or just for exfoliating purposes. I love using it for both.

Will repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/24/2014 3:14:00 AM More reviews by xchococatx

***********LADIES BE CAREFUL OF THIS PRODUCT**************

I have a tendency to put on masks and forget about it. I know it says on the label to only leave it on for 5-7 minutes, but somehow I ended up with it on for an hour without realizing. AS I am showering this off, I was feeling my skin and it was NOT the normal typical smooth result. MY SKIN WAS ROUGH AND TEXTURED WITH BUMPS. I come out of the shower and look in the mirror MY SKIN HAD LOOKED LIKE IT BROKE OUT IN HIVES.....The worst part was that my skin was PUFFING OUT IN ALL THE areas that I had spread the mask (cheeks only) So I had EMBOSSED lines all over my cheeks because I spread it with my index finger in a swirling motion. My cheek looks raw, dry, disgusting and and EMBOSSED/RAISED. The skin around my nose looks like REPTILE SKIN. IT LOOKS LIKE SCALES. I am SO upset with this adverse reaction....I am PRAYING it won't be permanent but this charcoal mask seriously burn and dessicated my skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/21/2014 1:10:00 AM More reviews by BrightEyes001

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I do like this! It leaves my skin feeling super smooth, but the benefits stop there. My pores don't look tighter, my skin doesn't look brighter, and my face actually seems to be oilier than usual the day after I use this. Plus I think it smells grape-y, and I hate grape. For exfoliation purposes it's amazing. But other than that, I can't find any other good things about it. Probably won't repurchase as I can just buy an exfoliating wash that doesn't have to sit on my face for 5+ minutes

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2014 3:25:00 PM More reviews by modestyblaise78

I used to use Freeman Apricot & Sea Kelp Facial Exfoliating Scrub and Cucumber Facial Peel-Off Mask as a teenager - and I loved both products, especially Apricot & Sea Kelp Facial Exfoliating Scrub.
I also used Freeman Papaya hair products, but this is another story.
Somehow I forgot about the brand because it isn't available in the country I am living in.
Recently and while staying in another country I've managed to purchase Creamy Apricot Scrub, Revealing Pomegranate Peel-Off Mask, Facial Clay Masks with Avocado & Oatmeal, Mint & Lemon, Chocolate & Strawberry, Facial Anti-Stress Mask with Dead Sea Minerals - and this.
I bought all of those products because they've been cheap and I knew that I won't be able to purchase Freeman products for a time.
Now I've tried all those masks and they are really good (some I like more, some less - but I like them all a lot).
But this particular one is an absolute HG and absolutely incredible!
It feels good on the skin (I must mention that I do not have sensitive/gentle skin at all and that I prefer stronger facial scrubs) and it does exactly what it claims to do - it purifies, exfoliates and polishes.
And it leaves my face smooth and beautiful - plus that feeling of cleanness.
I tend to leave it on my face for around 15 minutes (not 5-7 minutes, as suggested on the tube).
So far, this is the best exfoliating & polishing mask I know.
Plus - huge package, really cheap, good smelling & not tested on animals.
I really do not ask for more.
Before this mask I've been using Mask of Magnaminty & BB Seaweed from LUSH and those two were my exfoliating saviours before I layed my hands on this.
I guess I won't be buying them too often after I discovered this.