Freeman Charcoal and Black Sugar Facial Polishing Mask

4.3

Not tested on animals

sucrose, propylene glycol, carbon (activated charcoal), kaolin musa sapientum (banana) fruit extract, cocos nucifera (coconut extract), zingiber officinale (ginger) root extract, psidium guajava fruit extract, cymbopogon schoenanthus extract, carica papaya fruit extract, maranta arundinacea root extract, rubus idaeus (raspberry) fruit extract, santalum album (sandalwood) extract, macrocystus pyrifera extract, nasturtium officinale extract, aleurites moluccana extract, lavandula angustifolia (lavender) oil, carbomer, fragrance (parfum), iron oxide.

on 6/10/2015 5:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

absolutely love how this made my skin feel! no surprise breakouts after using it either. this has become part of my beauty regime it has been such an oil/dry & flaky skin lifesaver.

on 6/6/2015 4:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

very nice mask/exfoliant, leaves my face smooth and bright. will repurchse.

on 6/5/2015 6:59:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I absolutely love this mask. At only a couple dollars for a very large tube, it's a great deal. I normally wash my face and then apply the mask while my skin is still damp. As you massage this into your skin, not only are you exfoliating because of the sugar scrub, but it also heats up which is great. I leave it on for about 15 or 20 minutes and then continue to massage it on my skin while I rinse it off. My skin is noticeably smoother and all around more radiant after. I love this mask and have tried the other masks from the same brand and have not been disappointed. The only slight problem I have is that the tube can get messy and sometimes the scrub can harden up around the top so it's difficult to fully close the cap. But other than that such a great face mask!!

on 5/27/2015 12:45:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

Huh?! Who knew eh? I've tried DIY face scrubs and store bought and yea have to say that this one is the best so far. I followed the package directions and I felt just a slight warming sensation ( ohhh la la) upon application. When I removed it with a super warm wet face cloth it was like whooooooooooooa for real? One use and my pores are smaller? wha? Shut up? YEP and YEP let's also not forget to mention how uber soft it left my face and neck.
I know this entry is a perhaps a bit premature since I've only used it once but I felt it warranted a comment since I saw results after first use.

FTR my skin is combo, not sensitive and well on the more mature side so lines& huge pores and a few age spots that have recently showed up ( oh joy!)
For the price even if it doesn't work out on your face , hey there's always your feet! Summers here and pretty feet are a must!

on 5/26/2015 7:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Ok I've battled with acne which resulted in acne scars all over one side of my face. I also recently have been getting mild acne on my chin, forehead and temples. Not anymore

i swear, all it took for my skin to be literally GLOWING AND CLEAR was three things: this product ( as a face scrub in the shower), ice, and honey. I swear. I've been doing raw honey masks, spot treatments, and as a cleanser for over a week. I also iced my face twice a day with a slightly melted ice cube, rubbing it gently over my face until completely melted.

So, ice and honey have kept my skin pretty clear but i still have small breakouts. I used this product because my skin looked like it needed MAJOR EXFOLIATION. (dry dull skin in places, blackheads, the usual.) After using this in the shower today, I iced my face and took a nap. I woke up and looked in the mirror and my skin is flawless and the acne scars are pretty much invisible..... Ok I still have a mild breakout on my forehead and a pimple on my chin but its hardly noticeable.

This is HUGE for me.... definitely will add this into my routine probably 2 times a week. I hope my skin stays this clear. Anyone with acne prone, oily skin should definitely try this out. I'm going to leave my house without makeup today :)

on 5/24/2015 6:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This left my face extremely soft and smooth. I wet my face and applied the scrub with my fingers, letting the sugar do the exfoliating. I keep it on for as long as the package says and washed it off gently. Then, I used a cloth to pat my face dry. It really helped my make up application go much more smoothly. It wasn't harsh on my sensitive skin and did not dry it out. I will repurchase when I run out.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

THIS IS ONE OF THE GREATEST THINGS I HAVE EVER PUT ON MY FACE!!! My life revolves around the one day I apply this mask! I could put this on a few days a week but I really don't want to use it up too quickly because my life would end.

So the product is multitasking, which I love, so I don't have to exfoliate and then apply a mask which would be too much for my skin. I usually leave this on for 20-45 minutes (putting on those Park and Rec episodes) , even though it says 5- 10 minutes, but I don't think it has a negative impact on my skin other than the mask starting to slightly melt.

When I take it off, I scrub at my face lightly as the mask was pretty intense(it heats up, by the way) and my skin feel SO INCREDIBLE!! It feels clean and soft and plump and I could conquer the world! Highly recommend to people with oily to acne-prone skin.

on 5/16/2015 2:34:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

First things first, if you have an ant problem, keep this bad boy FAR AWAY from your bathroom counters. Enough said.

This mask is one of my very favorites
1) It's super cheap
2) It's multitasking
3) It's actually effective

When applying this mask, please, for the love of all things good, don't go in like a champ without dampening your face first. This mask is basically all sugar, so it feels really harsh on your face without some water to soften it up. Once you mix it with some water though, it applies pretty nicely. Obviously it's not going to be an even distribution, but it does the job.

This feels really warm when you apply it, which was unexpected, because the packaging says nothing about it. It feels wonderful, but dissipates after about a minute.

I usually keep this on for about ten minutes, then as I'm washing it off, I exfoliate my face with it. When exfoliating, I try not to exert any pressure, I just move my fingers around and let the sugar crystals do the work. I used to press really forcefully when exfoliating, which resulted in micro-exfoliation.....not fun :/

If you haven't guessed already, I would recommend this product. If you just want a good exfoliator, this goes above and beyond expectations.

on 5/13/2015 10:16:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I absolutely love this product! It leaves my skin feeling so incredibly soft. Dampen your face before application so it will stick better! Insanely cheap, so I use it on my body in the shower as well. The large 6 ounce tube is less than $4 at Walmart. Freeman makes great stuff!

I freaking love this it heats up and I can feel it working. I also smells and taste good. I like using this a face scrub. this mask is one of faves in the world. I like the really get it in there tho and work it in since I have dry cheeks and chin. I love this it's hard for me not to want to use the everyday since I think that would be super harsh for your face so I use it only 2-3 days Def. addicted. ibuse it primarily for how soft it makes my face.