October 21, 2014 | 2006 users online

Scrubs - Freeman - Charcoal and Black Sugar Facial Polishing Mask

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2014 6:48:00 PM More reviews by XFactorGlory

Love this mask! It can be harsh because of the sugar so I just really gently rub it on and it doesn't irritate or hurt my skin. It warms as you spread it around and never really "dries" because its not a clay mask, so keep that in mind when using it. The first time I used it, it completely cleared up my problem skin, it was amazing! I always moisturize my face with oils, so that might have helped with clearing the pimples and keeping my skin moisturized after because the charcoal can be a bit harsh for people with really sensitive or dry skin. I have one of their clay masks (that I love) and I can't wait to try some of their other formulas.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2014 1:14:00 PM More reviews by sierrab2010

I bought this the other day for a little over $2 at Walmart. I have combination skin and have had a couple of annoying dry patches on my cheeks lately, so I've been kicking my exfoliating and moisturizing routine into overdrive. The product itself is more of a facial scrub than a mask. I honestly think it smells amazing. Like sugar and fruit, haha. It's not too harsh, and it's thick so you don't have to use a ton of it to get the job done. After I use it my skin looks glowy and healthy. Considering how cheap it is and the fact that it doesn't seem to be breaking me out, I'll definitely repurchase when I run out. Recommended.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2014 10:19:00 PM More reviews by Fitlife12

I love this charcoal mask after by just the very first use, the second I scrub and rinse and taken off by a face towel my face was instantly brighter!
It's kind of weirded cause it seems to be just straight sugar and hard to spread around so I make sure my face and hands are wet then i let it sit for about 10-15 minutes then scrub my face gently for about 3 minutes.
This is first time my face look this BRIGHT AND SMOOTH since HS and only being a few bucks that's awesome, but I do use the hydrating sheet mask right after I use to charcoal mask so maybe that's why I get awesome results, I think I like this one more then the avocado/oatmeal clay mask but since it's a sugar scrub it can be to harsh and skin tearing for some it did seem to kind of irritate an active pimple
Background about my skin,
I'm 20 years old with combination skin but i can tell it's transitioning toward more dry maybe dehydrated skin? Tho I make sure to stay hydrated my skin is fairly good with few ance
My biggest concern are dullness, roughness in texture and pigmentation from both sun spots and post ance spots and scars, I don't have a lot of hyperpigment but it's starting to bother me and they are all the sudden popping up after never caring or knew who important it was to apply sunscreen, even tho I've been told a million time by my family who all suffer with lots of sunspot I just thought the little 20 spf in my foundation and/or moisturizer was enough but it's just diluted so I make sure I'm wearing 30-50 spf every single day especially being Asian I'm prone to sun spot, which Ive been using shiseido white lucent total brightening serum which helps...slowly and of course $120 per 1oz hurts my $10/an hour budget, probably wouldn't buy again but my mom been loyal to shiseido for 15 year and everyone thinks she's my sister so i thought I would try it.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/25/2014 4:52:00 AM More reviews by JeskaLillis

I bought a sample size of this to try out, it was a little over a dollar at Walmart. Like other's have said it is more of a scrub than a mask. When you first put it on you can feel it warming your skin. I didn't use the whole sample, and can probably get one more use out of it. I stuck it in a ziplock bag so it wouldn't dry out. I waited with it on for about 5 minutes, like instructed to, then started to scrub my face with it for about a minute. I felt that it was a bit harsh on my face when scrubbing it in, especially on my forehead. But it definitely exfoliated. I washed off my face and let my skin calm down. My face did feel clean and smooth afterward. It also looked a bit brighter.

Overall I think I will probably use up the sample. It does seem to do what it says, but I feel that it is too harsh on my skin. I am not sure if I would buy the full size product. I do want to try the other masks from this brand though. Not saying it is a bad product, just don't think it is for me.

I like my Queen Helene's mint Julep mask, because it dries up and reduces my acne. But I can't seem to find that in stores here anymore. So I am looking for something similar.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/20/2014 2:17:00 AM More reviews by EdoanneSim

This is my 2nd Freeman Mask I've used. The other one is the Acai one which I'm in love with. I love how it heats up when applied on your face. I had smoother skin after using this for just 1 time. How can something be so good yet so afforable! I've combination skin and this works awesome. Hope it works for those with Acne also. But the only thing I dislike is the packaging as you cannot close it completely due to the sugar crystals ): This affects me a lot as I'm a perfectionist and cleanliness freak. So if this can be solved. Definitely a 5/5 rating!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2014 7:46:00 PM More reviews by Laughgeo

This is my favorite mask!!! It costs under $5 and is better than a lot of high end masks! When you first put it on there is this warming sensation that feels good on your skin. You can feel it working!!! After you scrub it on your skin and wash it off your skin feels like a baby's bottom and looks glowy. The only bad things I have to say is that it is messy to apply and the cap won't close because it is clogged with sugar. Would definitely repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2014 8:40:00 AM More reviews by alliebeaar

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Words cannot explain how much I love this facial mask/scrub. I've had oily, acne-prone skin for years. I've tried tons of products, this is my absolute favourite. You can feel it working as you use it. I recommend it to anyone with my skin type. It has really cleared my face! I also use pore strips after using the mask for the best results.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2014 3:22:00 AM More reviews by BubblegumKisses

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Honestly, I've only used this product once, but I can tell we're gonna be bestfriends.
So this scrub is very lovely- is smells nice, and is a good exfoliant. I put this on for about 10 minutes, then rubbed it all around before rinsing it off. My skin felt very soft, and not too over dried. This is the first scrub I've tried, and I am very pleased, no probs with it!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2014 10:19:00 PM More reviews by kimmitchell

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

AMAZINNGGGGGGGGG !!!!!! best mask besides from the cucumber one.
this product isnt really a so called "mask" but it does wonder
after one use i could tell my skin was brighther, had a nice glow to it. very smooth , and the product warms up when you rub it in.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2014 11:27:00 AM More reviews by PeachyPink38

I bought this like two days ago at Bed Bath Beyond and they were having a 25% off sale on it. I had also used a 20% coupon on it and end up paying just $2.34 for it.

After cleansing my face, I used it as a mask last night and it's more of a sugary charcoal scrub, but I let it sit on my face for like 5 minutes. I washed my face off and I feel like it helped exfoliate skin and minimize my pores. Then I used a toner and put on my night cream and I feel like my skin was able to absorb the night cream better than before because of this facial polishing mask.

In the morning, my face looks smooth and can hardly see my pores. I have several of the other Freeman masks like the Pineapple enzyme, Golden grain mask and I also have the St. Ives Fresh Skin scrub and oatmeal mask and scrub. I feel like this charcoal sugar one works pretty well. I will probably decide to use up all the masks and scrubs I have already before purchasing a second bottle of this product.

Do you need this Charcoal and Sugar mask scrub? Yes, if you want your make up to apply more smoothly on your skin this is a good product to exfoliate and smooth out your skin. I think it even brightens your skin as well. I feel like my face looks brighter after washing off the mask.

Though I would say not use this product more than 3 times a week because there is a thing called over-exfoliating your face and that could be very harsh for your face and skin. So space it out through the week , it's not meant to be used as a daily treatment.

One con about this product is not the product itself but rather the packaging. It is like the other Freeman scrubs/masks packaging, but for some reason after opening and using the product, the cap would not close completely. I'm afraid it would dry out the product, even G from NouveauCheap had mentioned her cap would not close. Therefore, I don't think this is a single case, because it's the same with me. Wish it would close.