September 23, 2014 | 1967 users online

Scrubs - Freeman - Charcoal and Black Sugar Facial Polishing Mask

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2014 10:19:00 PM More reviews by kimmitchell

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

AMAZINNGGGGGGGGG !!!!!! best mask besides from the cucumber one.
this product isnt really a so called "mask" but it does wonder
after one use i could tell my skin was brighther, had a nice glow to it. very smooth , and the product warms up when you rub it in.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2014 11:27:00 AM More reviews by PeachyPink38

I bought this like two days ago at Bed Bath Beyond and they were having a 25% off sale on it. I had also used a 20% coupon on it and end up paying just $2.34 for it.

After cleansing my face, I used it as a mask last night and it's more of a sugary charcoal scrub, but I let it sit on my face for like 5 minutes. I washed my face off and I feel like it helped exfoliate skin and minimize my pores. Then I used a toner and put on my night cream and I feel like my skin was able to absorb the night cream better than before because of this facial polishing mask.

In the morning, my face looks smooth and can hardly see my pores. I have several of the other Freeman masks like the Pineapple enzyme, Golden grain mask and I also have the St. Ives Fresh Skin scrub and oatmeal mask and scrub. I feel like this charcoal sugar one works pretty well. I will probably decide to use up all the masks and scrubs I have already before purchasing a second bottle of this product.

Do you need this Charcoal and Sugar mask scrub? Yes, if you want your make up to apply more smoothly on your skin this is a good product to exfoliate and smooth out your skin. I think it even brightens your skin as well. I feel like my face looks brighter after washing off the mask.

Though I would say not use this product more than 3 times a week because there is a thing called over-exfoliating your face and that could be very harsh for your face and skin. So space it out through the week , it's not meant to be used as a daily treatment.

One con about this product is not the product itself but rather the packaging. It is like the other Freeman scrubs/masks packaging, but for some reason after opening and using the product, the cap would not close completely. I'm afraid it would dry out the product, even G from NouveauCheap had mentioned her cap would not close. Therefore, I don't think this is a single case, because it's the same with me. Wish it would close.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2014 7:08:00 PM More reviews by bellavee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I bought this when it was BOGO free at Ulta, so with the $3.50 off coupon it was only 50 cents. Although, I wouldn't mind trying it out for the full $4. This is a great scrub! It really does a great job of exfoliating and getting the gunk out of my pores. I have oily skin and clogged pores and I love seeing the difference in my skin after a long day. After I scrub it all off it leaves my skin soft and glowing. I have no complaints!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2014 7:10:00 PM More reviews by StarsnRocketsES

A nice facial scrub that's affordable and works well. It has a nice, light scent. It's not drying- it seems to hydrate the skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2014 3:48:00 PM More reviews by NicoIcon999

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been obsessed with this scrub for a couple of weeks. I was buying the single use packets until I found it at my Job Lot for $3 for full sized bottles. I was hesitant about using a scrub on my face because my skin is really sensitive so I barely put any pressure and wore it as a mask the first couple of times. This was really gentle on my skin. I have begun using it while in the shower and find my face feels just as polished with a quick scrub as it does in mask treatment. I just prefer the shower because there's no wait, I can rinse my face better and won't have the sticky sugar in my hairline, and my face is steamed in the process. It does leave the skin polished. Similar to the way some soaps can leave it a bit stripped so it's almost squeaky clean, but I don't feel like I lose any moisture with this. Another reason I like this is because it is sugar, I can work it in my skin until it disappears. It doesn't scratch up my face with mystery beads or sand. I feel like it heats up a bit as well, which is nice.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2014 8:55:00 AM More reviews by EustaciaVye22

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This. Stuff. ROCKS. MY. SOCKS. Got it for about $4 at my local Shop rite. Got it home and loved the beady, almost sandy texture and sugary smell (ans if you accidentally get some in your mouth, its tasty!), although I do agree with other reviews saying this is more of a scrub than a mask. Its like sand mixed with hair gel - that's the consistency- and though I know that sounds nasty, truly, it feels good on the skin. It just does not "dry" in the manner I would expect a strict mask product to. Anyway! I applied it and immediately felt a brief heat coming from each area I scrubbed it into my face with my fingertips, which felt wonderful. I love products that you can feel or see working. I left it on for five minutes, washed it off, and my lord, my skin feels exactly like a baby's bottom! And smells good! And looks looks bright, fresh and healthy!! I seriously cannot recommend this product enough. I have combination skin and this stuff is the bomb on it. I use it sparingly, once a week, because it's becoming difficult to find here. I may have to start buying it online. A bargain at any price. My only complaint: the flip-top bottle, which stands on its end, will not close properly. I opened it as I normally would have, maybe I damaged the package somehow. I had to wrap the end of the bottle in plastic wrap to reassure myself the bottle wouldn't dry out. Otherwise, fantastic product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2014 4:32:00 PM More reviews by cjenn

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have become a huge fan of charcoal based products. My skin is light-med. and slightly oily and I have always used tons of scrubs and masks in my skin care beauty past. Though they call this a mask per se, this has the distinct performance and consistency of a thick scrub. I can also actually taste the sugar sometimes when I use it as a mask. Mostly, I use this during my baths and it is a great overall body scrub. My facial skin also really benefits from this in these hot summer months, as charcoal is a great natural product for oil absorption. However, I believe that this scrub would be suitable for all skin types and it really polishes your skin as promised and leaves it looking and feeling soft, smooth, and fresh. LOVE it!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2014 12:17:00 AM More reviews by GinaBina45

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Oh my gosh, sorry Dead Sea Minerals, I think I have a new favourite!! I finally was able to find these in a Walmart in Canada although it was the pouch and not a full tube (still looking!). I was really excited to try it out because I read so many rave reviews and I was hoping that it wouldn't back fire on me.
The smell itself was really nice and it didn't make my eyes sting like a lot of the other masks have done. I read about how messy it could be and how wetting your face helped and I found it did for me. It spread evenly and it didn't look as clumpy as other girls' masks in their review photos. Upon putting it on, it started to heat up and I can see why others would find it uncomfortable but I found it relaxing. I left it on for maybe around 20 minutes and used the excess to exfoliate my hands (bonus!). When I washed it off, the heating sensation came back. If you have sensitive skin, you probably shouldn't use this mask or you should be very very gentle. I found that I didn't have to scrub very hard and I could feel my skin getting smoother as I rubbed. Eventually the sugar dissolved and I washed the remainder off and wow! The difference in my skin was amazing! Redness and blotchyness was reduced and my skin was smoother than a baby's butt! As an added bonus, my hands got soft too!
I'm really glad that this mask worked for me. Repurchasing for sure!!

Update: I woke up this morning and was so surprised. Redness had gone down like crazy and my skin was so smooth and shiny. I seriously wanted to cry because it's rare that my skin gets that clear! It's official, I need more of this mask, stat!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2014 1:26:00 PM More reviews by Halfsquatchh

I hated this stuff at first. I still wasn't sure about it until I woke up the next morning and looked like a different person! Overnight it cleared up a lot of my acne and helped with blackheads. It even reduced the appearance of my scars. I could not believe it since I have terrible acne, sensitive skin and nothing ever works for me. People immediately noticed a difference and were asking me what I did. I haven't used it again, but I'm getting more TODAY!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/7/2014 1:26:00 PM More reviews by Calincherie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I agree with the others...this really shouldn't be labeled as a mask, but as a scrub. It has large sugar particles and they will dissolve if you add a lot of water.
Trying to apply this as mask is difficult. It doesn't apply evenly because it's in a scrub consistency and adding water to it starts the dissolving issue. You have to experiment with just how much water to add to use it as a mask. I personally gave up on using it as a mask and now just use it as a quick scrub in the shower and don't let it sit on my skin for too long. It does exfoliate the skin very well and I believe it's been helping with making my skin tone more even. It does give the skin a slight warming feeling when you apply it. I'm not really sure the charcoal in it is really of much help though, especially since I don't let it sit on my skin much. Overall, a great scrub, but definitely not a mask.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No