Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara

3.4

Water, Synthetic Beeswax, Paraffin, Glyceryl Stearate, Acacia Senegal Gum, Butylene Glycol, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Wax, Stearic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Polybutene, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Cera Carnauba/Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax/Cire de Carnauba, Aminomethyl Propanol, Glycerin, Ethylhexylglycerin, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Disodium EDTA, Polyester-11, PVP, Cellulose, Trimethylpentanediol/Adipic Acid/Glycerin Crosspolymer, Propylene Glycol, Acacia Senegal Gum Extract, Potassium Sorbate, Dextran, Acetyl Hexapeptide-1. May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77499), Black 2 (CI 77266), Ultramarines (CI 77007)

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Luckily I got this mascara as a tester from Ulta, when I was on holiday in the US, because I would have been very angry if I had spent a lot of money on this. Especially because I live in Europe and Too Faced is hard to get.

The good things first: it does seem to lengthen and add volume to my lashes. Now the bad news: the brush is way too big, which makes it hard to apply to the lashes, it also catches way too much product, which means lashes clump together and it's hard to build up your lashes without them looking grainy. It lasts about 1 hour on my eyes before rubbing off all over my upper lid and below my eye, with lots of flaking.

I would never purchase this and I have no idea why people like this so much, there are much better mascaras out there (for example L'oreal Voluminous or Lancome Hypnose Doll Eyes).

Love this mascara, it doesn't do a great job of separating so I use a separate mascara for this and to seal it. Has never flaked for me but I use another mascara over the top. A must have gives the most oomph any mascara has. Amazing volume and definition will continue to buy.

I am trying very hard to love this. Freshly applied, it's thickening and lengthening and the perfect black shade- not too harsh but perfectly defining. The problem that I have here is with flaking. By the end of the day (or not even the end of the day- after a few hours), I have faint black smudges under my eyes from the flaking. It's really frustrating. I hear everywhere about how great it is and I get it- but only freshly applied. Am I doing something wrong? Can I do anything about it? I'll use it up because I can't stand tossing something this expensive and then go back to my faithful Bobbi Brown Smokey.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I really wanted to try a new mascara and because I am so picky (must be cruelty free & I have already tried every cruelty free ds mascara out there) I decided to try this. I cannot remember where I heard it would be a good mascara, but I decided to try it.

I had been testing out false eyelashes for a while but they are such a pain! Falling off in the middle of the day, working with glue, cleaning them...well I wanted something that would give me pretty lashes without the hassle.

I have fairly long lashes, but they are blond, and not very volumenous-looking. I was not too sure how well this mascara was working until one day my husband asked if I had put on false lashes. I knew right then I had found my HG.

This mascara is kinda wet and gloopy. But it is easy to work with as long as you have a lash comb that is! Yes, it can clump if you aren't careful. I always make sure to wipe of any excess on the neck of the tube as well. It dries quickly and seems to hold curl well for me which says a lot because most mascaras simply won't hold a curl for my lashes. Even some of the waterproof ones. I don't have any issues with flaking. I am not sure why others do have that issue with Better Than Sex, but flaking is usually a problem for me, too. I couldn't use L'Oreal Volumunous because it flaked on me so badly. But not this stuff.

My lashes look long and beautiful, I love Too Faced, they are cruelty free, this product performs well for me, I will be repurchasign

After reading rave reviews , and being in a dry spell of choosing great mascaras, I emptied my wallet and bought this mascara. I was super excited ! Mascaras tend to transfer onto my eye lids and flake by the end of the day on me so I thought I was finally done finding the right mascara ! The first time I tried this mascara it applied on so easily and gave me great length ! But by the end of the day it flaked and transferred onto my eyelids :( By the second try , I was having a really hard time applying it - it was very clumpy and the wand is way too big . Till this day I keep trying it out and keep getting disappointed by the result . waste of money and my patience . Going back to maybelline !

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Such an amazing mascara, gives me the longest and blackest lashes with little to no clumping! Only downside is it can be a little flaky after a few hours wear and if you have watery eyes like I do be prepared for some discomfort as it does easily get into your eyes.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Not great...not horrible. The formula is just okay. The brush is way too big...that enormous hourglass shape dies nothing for my lashes. It doesn't flake.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This Mascara is quite good! The packaging is visual appealing and sleek in appearance. The wand of the mascara is quite large and must be applied with a steady hand but creates nice volume throughout the lashes. Yet although the packaging said 'smudge proof' it is possibly the smudgiest mascara I have ever used. Every time I have used this mascara, no matter how carefully I apply it, it always seems to smudge on the eyelid or lower lash line. Overall it is a relatively good product and the results on the lashes outweigh the mess it makes.

This is a great mascara. I've been using Lash Blast & Falsies religiously and happy with the drugstore price until I broke away and tried Lancome Hipnose Drama which was a total flop. At my last Sephora stop the person had this on and her lashes looked great. I love the look/feel of the packaging. It is a nice rose pink with a metal feel that has some weight to it. It looks classy and not cheap and plasticy like the next fad mascara.

The brush is interesting and gave me very dark, full lashes while giving them length and curl. What I liked most about this is that the brush seemed to give me the right amount of product without clumping but gave me very black lashes that were volumized and dramatic - just what I was looking for.

I did have some minor flaking but I'm using two other products (Dior's lash conditioning primer and Roller Lash) so I'm not sure if it is totally just this product's fault. I could use this on it's own without the other two products which is a testament to how good this product is, but I like the extra bit of length roller lash gives me, and the Dior has done a good job keeping my lashes from breaking.

YAS YAS YAS! For someone who has long lashes I am picky with what more a mascara can do for me, I'm not going to buy something that's only slightly better than what I've got, right? Well this mascara shocked me! Very pricey may I add, but I do kinda think it's worth it. This mascara is black, very black, and manages to curl your lashes the same time without the spidery effect. My lashes lengthened about a third of their usual length and doubled about half their usual thickness. Despite most mascaras being very similar the selling point to me was probably how dark my lashes became, whether thats worth the price, well thats more of an individual opinion. Oh and the packaging is just too cute!

Popular Mascaras