October 30, 2014 | 1709 users online

Mascara - Too Faced - Too Faced better Than Sex Mascara

rated 1 of 5 on 9/18/2014 5:03:00 PM More reviews by alyssacallahan93

After seeing so many people rave about this mascara, I decided to give it a try. I wanted so badly to love it, but it was TERRIBLE for me. I am a fan of big, thick, dramatic lashes, but all this mascara gave me was clumps, and not the good kind. I think it has to do with the wand, it has very soft bristles and makes it difficult to grip the lashes and separate after the first coat. It also didn't hold a curl very well for me which is a big deal breaker. Super unimpressed with this mascara :(

rated 3 of 5 on 9/17/2014 8:51:00 AM More reviews by hallieashman

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love the mascara but HATED the wand. Really nice length and thickness on my lashes, but the wand made it really tricky to apply. The hourglass shape makes me blob mascara on the lids, under my eye and on all the wrong lasher. Lose the wand!!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/15/2014 2:21:00 PM More reviews by Trilliana01

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Great length, excellent volume - too bad it smudges under the eye before lunch. Straight to the trash bin, what a waste of money.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/15/2014 11:49:00 AM More reviews by Kayleighkayyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like this mascara. It gives me great volume and length! The only complaint that I really have about it is that it seems to fade throughout the day. At the beginning of the day my lashes look amazing and big, but towards the end they get shorter and less vibrant. I wish they could stay amazing all day then I would give this mascara 5 lippies!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/13/2014 11:51:00 AM More reviews by sammycandy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

Horrible mascara ! I will never repurchase this again , big chunks of flakes were all over my under and upper eyes not even after 20 minutes of wear. I'm disappointed about it because it gave me beautiful , full and long lashes but the flakes are too terrible :( ...

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 9/12/2014 8:12:00 PM More reviews by emmamaidens

Not a fan. Hated it on the first use and even after weeks of using it my impression hasn't changed too much. YES it gives a lot of volume and if that is the only thing you care about in a mascara then this is for you. If you don't wipe off the excess of this product it will clump like crazy, even on the first swipe. Wiping off the excess is made difficult by the brush shape. If I use the side of the tube to wipe off extra while I take out the brush it builds up and the poor packaging doesn't help this. Even if I remove the excess any more than one swipe will still look spidery. The brush shape also is no good for precision, you have no hope of getting to the lashes in the corners of your eyes. I use one swipe of this for lengthening then use other mascaras to build up the volume.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/11/2014 1:43:00 AM More reviews by Sarita88

I don't know if I've been unlucky or what but this mascara was terrible for me. Clumps everywhere and over all terrible. I actually returned it in sephora

rated 4 of 5 on 9/10/2014 1:20:00 AM More reviews by prairiefrank

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE the look this gives my lashes. They look long and full and my eyes look big and bright when applied. However, as a couple of others have mentioned, it is a culprit smudger. I stopped applying to my lower lashes, and it seems to have helped some. I will continue my search, though this comes close to a HG mascara for me. A waterproof version would be perfect!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2014 11:38:00 PM More reviews by jessdh44

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is hands down the BEST mascara I have ever used. I have very long eyelashes to begin with, and I love a dramatic eye look. When I put on the first coat, I was blown away by how little product you need. I usually go ahead and do 3 coats, but that's just because I love huge, super black eyelashes. This mascara, for me, is more volume enhancing than lengthening. Although, I am still very happy with the length it gives me! There can be a little clumping, but if you use an eyelash separating brush, you should be able to avoid that. I just use the very end of the wand to kind of pull any lashes that got stuck together apart. Now for bottom lashes, it could get a little messy, because this is a very thick product. Use a light hand on bottom lashes! The brush is hourglass shaped, and is wonderful for getting the inner corner lashes. I check it a couple times throughout the day, and I've not noticed any flaking at all. My lashes still looked the same at the end of the day, very black and full :) It comes in a light pink, heavy duty, tin/metal type tube. I personally love the tube! The mascara is about 23 dollars at Sephora, but I have no problem paying that much for such a superior product! This stuff is absolutely perfect for my lashes personally. I will never go drugstore again!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2014 11:37:00 PM More reviews by mlthom123

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Received this as a 'gift' from Sephora. Only gave price 2 lippies, as was free for me but "Too Faced" is a few tads above DS pricing. Like the thick brush, but some flakies as day goes on. It does initially give spider eyes. Honestly, I will be 63 comes 2015. Have done botox and some fillers but the eyes do show age. No matter what mascara (give me my Cover Girl in the orange tube!) my eyes are disappearing! My doctor, whom I consulted for just fillers and lasers, said the eye procedure recovery is two weeks, two days. Yes, that is what he said. He's funny, not stuffy. I think I will go for it as my eyes were something even girlfriends remarked on. "so pretty", etc. Now, they look tiny and shrunken. Why can't we start out old and grow young. Wouldn't that be a hoot! 'sigh'. Just another aging woman lamenting the aging process...BTW, can we critique plastic/cosmetic surgery here? Not md's, just what we thought about fillers, lasers, etc...