Too Faced Too Faced better Than Sex Mascara

3.4

on 3/14/2015 11:49:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I think we all know the name is false advertising and could only possibly be true for people who dislike sex. I received a sample size in Sephora's box of mascaras and this one gives me major panda eyes.

on 3/9/2015 10:18:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

So one late lazy night, I broke down and bought this mascara from the very persuassive ladies of HSN. I had my doubts but I was woo'd with the flexpay and free shipping, sue me. I've been wearing this for almost a week and I must say, this is good stuff *spoiler alert* It is NOT better than sex! But I can say it's better than other drugstore mascaras that I've bought. The one thing that totally wow'd me was the fact that this stuff DOES NOT clump! At all, no matter how many coats you apply and applied FIVE! Yes five! Not one clump given! FYI ladies, please remove the excess if you plan on doing this! Better Than does lengthen and thicken but I don't know about the whole by 1994% that the box claimed. I mean, 1994%? Really?

In any case, I really do like this mascara. What I don't like is the $23 price tag. While I love splurging on foundations or eye shadow palettes, I've always balked at spending $$ on mascara. Would I buy this again? I'm still debating, I will see after I'm done with this tube

Why do people like this???

First of all, the name is super vulgar. I hate talking about this mascara because I hate the name so much. I don't think it's cute, I think they could have been more clever.

Second, this mascara flakes so bad. I have tried the trial and I bought the full sized. I did like the volume it gave, and I really liked the wand. I was hoping that the trial sized was just bad and the full sized would be better. It isn't. Maybe the first couple of times I used it, but then it dried out and it got worse. I really hate this mascara. I also hate wasting money, so I rinse off the brush, dip it back in and then layer a more liquidy based mascara on top to hold it in place. It's too much work though, and I will probably give up soon and just chuck it. I won't buy it again.

I will stick with loreal voluminous mascara. It's always done me right for the last 14 years, I feel bad cheating on it!

on 3/6/2015 6:13:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

This isn't bad. I got a small size for free and I like the brush. The formula isn't bad, it does lengthen and volumize, but when I got it, I was told to not use it on the bottom because it smudges, so I haven't. I have worn it a few times and it was ok and didn't smudge on top. But I can see how it gets clumpy and smudgy if you rub it at all or anything. I don't usually sleep in makeup or rub my eyes but I can definitely see it happening with this in a big way. . I have heard it's really wet and most new mascaras are, but I find this to be pretty dry when new, compared to the other ones I use. I've also seen tubes that people had for a little while and they do dry out and get kinda gross pretty quickly. I didn't expect to like it but I do like some things about it, so I have to give it a 3 because it is average. But I don't pay for high end mascaras because I find the drugstore versions to be just as good or better.

Oh, and it's not better than sex. Not at all. Kinda stupid name.

Better than sex? Uhmm, nope. Better than a handjob, mmmmaybe.

Messy formula, that melts away in a matter of three hours, it flecks away too soon and, hello panda eyes! The cap is so bulky and heavy that it is almost impossible to roll it in your fingers in order to apply the damn thing and so, one's only option is to wiggle the wand, which, because the brush is big and fat, causes the mascara to get all over the place. Too much product comes out of the tube, it doesn't apply evenly, it does not catch the the corner lashes.

The overall result I am getting is blacker, often clumped lashes. Was curious to try it out, but definitely not buying again.

on 3/2/2015 9:05:00 PM

I love this mascara, and it has become my no-brainer go-to! Mascara is a very personal thing, so many people like different ones, so keep that in mind. This is easy to remove, but doesn't flake on me either. My lashes get FULL with this product - love it. It is very volumizing. I would not say this is for a natural look but if you want full thick lashes this is the one. The only downside is that I have had a couple tubes where the stopper comes out and then the mascara is useless as all of the mascara comes out on the wand at once. Of course, Sephora has never given me a hard time in exchanging it but it can be annoying.

on 2/25/2015 6:36:00 PM

I got this mascara in Sephora's sampler box. I've been wearing it for a couple days now and must say its "meh". I've had mild raccoon eyes by the end of the past couple days. It's not the worst but by far not the best.

on 2/24/2015 11:36:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I've been using this mascara for 4 months now and I find it average.
It does provide a nice touch, the eyelashes are defined, longue and with a bit of volume. The brush is ok, but you have to be handy to separate the lashes, because the first layer will stick them together.
I didn't like the fact that it smudges quickly, after 1-2 hours. I found black particles of mascara underneath the eye and above, on the arcade.

Overall it is an average mascara, beneath my all times favorite Max Factor's False lash effect and double the price. So I think I'll drop it and buy my False lash effect again.

on 2/22/2015 9:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Sucks, that's all I have to say. I was really excited to get this and it was a total dissapointment. Clump city!!!! I'll stick to my l'oreal and Maybelline and save 40 bucks. I will be returning this product.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

The perfect mascara that can do both big, dramatic night out lashes easily, as well as naturally full daytime lashes. A must have.

Video Reviews & Tutorials