September 1, 2014 | 2109 users online

Mascara - Too Faced - Too Faced better Than Sex Mascara

rated 1 of 5 on 8/16/2014 11:55:00 AM More reviews by confuzzled

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

My 17-yr-old daughter just had to have this stuff. I thought she had rocks in her head to pay that much for mascara, but, hey, it's her money. She has beautiful lashes to begin with, and this made them look awful. They looked lumpy, clumpy and blech. But she loved it. Go figure.

To be fair, I tried it. I got sticky, gloppy spider legs for my trouble. The curl fell out immediately. When I tried to recurl them (always a bad idea, but this was a desperate time, calling for a desperate measure), it made a bad situation worse.

*sigh*

I'll stick with my HG of the moment (though it still leaves something to be desired), Maybelline Full 'N Soft, until something better comes along.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2014 12:06:00 PM More reviews by Englishvik

Best mascara i've ever tried, it does EVERYthing, lengthens, separates, volumises, lasts all day, gives a lovely sultry black colour it's just fanTASTIC,
It is a little pricey but it's very long lasting and is often featured in those Sephora "Lash Stash: mini boxes with the coupon for a full size on so check those out before you buy it regularly!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2014 3:46:00 PM More reviews by yankeerose

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I loved the way my lashes looked using this mascara. Long and really, really thick. I did not get the spider legs either. It only took two coats. But...it just ran all over the place. I don't wear mascara on my lower lashes, mine are very long and when I put mascara on, it looks like I have huge shadows under my eyes. By midmorning I had mascara on my top lid and it was also under my eyes. I may try this again with a quick top coat of a waterproof mascara. I don't want to give up on it without a fight, because like I said the look was amazing. Oh and if I can't get the formula to work, I will reuse the brush in another mascara.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/11/2014 9:48:00 PM More reviews by ouiserboudreaux

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love the brush for this mascara & how it makes my lashes look so long & thick. Unfortunately it smudges under my eyes no matter what I do to try & prevent it. I have put the mascara on only the top lashes. Smudges. Primer under. Smudges. Layer another mascara over the Better Than Sex. Smudges. Smudges badly & resmudges after I clean my under eye area.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/9/2014 1:14:00 PM More reviews by CandiceLee

I bought this when I saw multiple youtubers doing entire videos simply to rave about this stuff. I won't usually spend the cash on high end mascara since drugstore brands make some great ones, and I can always pop on a pair of lashes. But I made the impulse purchase on this when they had it in a pretty little Ulta display.

One coat, lookin good. Two coats, woah, lashes! Three coats, spider legs are on my eyelids. It took me a while to figure out how to make this product really work for me, but I fell in love with it once I did. Then I used it up till it ran dry.

Sadly, this mascara smudges under my eyes by the end of the day so unless I lost it, I don't think I'll repurchase unless I just want the $10 sample size. I say that because for me, I've discovered the magic of this mascara is the brush! Germ-freaks will probably cringe at their computers, but I dipped the brush into my cheapie hg Jordanna best last extreme mascara and was amazed! That mascara is bomb on its own, but it's bombX2 when I use the BTS brush. So if you buy one and find that it didn't revolutionize your mascara life, try using the brush with a formula you already love and see if that takes it to the next level.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2014 12:35:00 PM More reviews by misanders

On it's own this mascara did not work for me. The brush is too big. My eyelashes ended up very clumpy and spidery. The consistency was so thick it made my lashes droop. I hate this by itself. But because I had spent a lot of money on this I tried everything to make it work. What helped was another mascara that I hated -Covergirl lash blast in the green tube. If I put a coat of lash blast first, then two coats of the better than sex mascara- my lashes were amazing! Even my daughter commented on how long my lashes were. So if its not working try that. But won't buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2014 8:39:00 AM More reviews by Vonnity

It's the best mascara I've ever tried! It lengthens and volumises REALLY WELL. I only use one coat because it can get clumpy with multiple applications, but I find that one coat is enough to make my lashes noticeable, definitely much more than other mascaras I've tried.

I like the metallic pink packaging, product is great and it doesn't flake or sting my eyes. Even though it is pricey, I would still repurchase it!

A cheaper alternative would be Essence I Love Crazy Volume but I have to make sure to clean off excess product on a piece of tissue as the stopper doesn't do a good job of cleaning the brush and it takes a longer time to dry, which is why I prefer the Too Faced one.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/7/2014 1:13:00 PM More reviews by nigenasai

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The formula is wet, and the brush is in an hourglass shape (but not to the extreme hourglass, just a slight curve). I dont think this mascara deserves this price, theres way much better out there. If this is the only mascara that you use, then it will not look good. On my thick,long lashes, it lengthened slightly, volumized, but it kind of made the center/middle of my lashes, go out more, than the rest of my lashes, so im really getting a upside down "U" shape, rather than a fanned out look where its longer on the ends, and shorter in the corner/tearducts of your eyes. This mascara is great for when you already have one layer of a DIFFERENT MASCARA FIRST, then APPLY THE BETTER THAN SEX MASCARA ON. It really gives a nice false lash look, and really makes them dark and thickened. It also gets through the mascara and volumizes it even more. But the better than sex mascara by itself, is a eh.
The packaging of this product is very heavy, but it didnt bother me really, when i was putting it on my lashes.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2014 8:01:00 PM More reviews by CaiOli

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love how voluminous this mascara made my lashes. With one coat it is a great day time mascara but it can also be doubled or tripled for a great night out look.
I usually stick to drugstore mascara because there are so many but this is worth it to me. I got the two pack at Ulta with a full size and a free trial size. I'm set for a while on mascara.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/4/2014 3:49:00 PM More reviews by cbm618

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I have mixed feelings about this mascara.

I've ditched full size versions of mascara because I can never go through a full tube before it dries out, even though I use it everyday. So, I go for the higher end travel/trial size mascaras and that's all I've tried of this one, so it may differ from the full size version.

I love that it makes my lashes look really full and have lots of volume. However, they seem very obvious to me and not as natural as I'd prefer (not really a deal breaker). I apply this very carefully in order to avoid clumps and spider-lashes. Flaking and fallout is a major issue for me. I can get about 4-5 hours of wear out of it before I start seeing little black flakes on my cheeks. Then around the 6-7 hour mark, I see smudging on my under eye.

Bottom line: I love it for the weekend when I'm not going to be out for very long, but it just doesn't cut it for long workdays.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No