Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara

3.4

on 6/15/2015 4:50:00 PM

This mascara comes in a pretty sleek although quite heavy container. It looks pretty nice initially. I could tell my lashes looked fuller. However it couldn't make it through the day in an air-conditioned office without smudging and flaking under my eyes terribly.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

I truly love this mascara it makes my eyelashes so nice. I love wearing when I'm doing a natural makeup look and I usually like a lashy look. My only complaint with this mascara (the reason it has 4 stars instead of 5) is that it transfers onto the lower half of my eyes during the day! I have oily eyelids and if think that may be part of the reason why it happens.

It's super black and it makes my average eyelashes nice and full with a couple of coats. It's a bit a wetter formula and if your not careful it will clump so have an eyelash comb on hand! When it drys out it's okay but I find it's a lot better when the formula is wet. I hope Too Faced makes a waterproof version of this mascara because I find it's totally work $23 dollars and that's really rare for me to say since I find it really unnecessary to shell out money for a Lancome mascara @ Sephora.

on 6/11/2015 6:59:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Don't believe the hype for this one. I have tried this with 3 different tubes that came with shadow palettes or were gifts and I had had poor results every time. At first the product seems to be fine. The brush is full and lush and hourglass shaped which is great for getting those tiny inner corner lashes and the outers too all in one swipe. It's a great brush but it does take a bit to get used to using but delivers the product well with a single swipe once you get used to working with it. The product itself is on the dry side and gives a nice coverage but the application can be uneven and it dries fast so it tends to clump if you work it too much or take too long. This was pretty and gave me nice full lashes with two coats but omigosh it has some terrible fallout beneath the eyes and did not stay put during wear throughout the day. I had to stop around 2pm and remove all the black that had smudged beneath my eye. I looked like a football player! I do a very barely there layer coat of mascara on my lower lashes and it ended up all over my skin within a few hours of wear. Even when I don't wear any on the lowers I still have some fallout beneath my eyes every time I wear this. Don't try taking a nap with this on either or you'll wake up with raccoon eyes. I have never been so disappointed in a product before. If it stayed put, I'd like this but I've given 3 different tubes a try in hope the formula had changed and always the same result. Into the trash these continue to go as I simply can't get the staying power I need from this one. I'm so disappointed as I am a fan of Two Faced cosmetics. Not this stuff though - no wonder they keep giving it away.

on 6/10/2015 3:30:00 PM

Pretty disappointing.. Really did not live up to the hype. If you don't want huge clumps on your lashes, you're going to have to take the time to apply very slowly and carefully. (Actually, I have tried to apply this very carefully, but I have still gotten huge clumps multiple times.) It makes my lashes look nice but not any nicer than the good drugstore mascaras make them look.

To me, this is way overpriced. $22 for 1/2 as much mascara as you get in the other Too Faced mascaras (in ounces.) I have used several drugstore products that do the job just as well for 1/4 the price. SAVE YOUR MONEY for something better.

on 6/10/2015 3:00:00 PM

So disappointed in a high quality make up brand! Come on, too faced. You can do better than this.
It was flakey. It made my lashes look flakey. It flaked everywhere- and I mean, everywhere. I had smears on my CHIN somehow. It got all under my eyes and I was sporting the raccoon look. Complete waste of money and an embarassment.
Loved the tube though. Super pretty.

One of my favorite mascaras of all time. This does everything lengthen volumizes and gives lashes just a very exaggerated look which I love and I don't mind a bit of clumpiness but this doesn't clump at all one of the best mascaras.

on 6/9/2015 10:37:00 PM

LOVE! This is gorgeous if you want dramatic lashes. Definitely not natural. It will clump a bit but it's a good dramatic clump that makes your lashes really dark and dramatic. The brush is really easy to use as well. not for those who want a natural look but I love this for the top and bottom lashes

on 6/7/2015 2:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

I was pleasantly surprised by this mascara! First of all, I love the cute pink tube with its satin finish. The bristled brush is huge, which can be a challenge, especially for lower lashes. It is perfect for pulling those lashes in the outer corners into a fanned-out shape. The formula is the perfect balance between wet and dry, with just enough clumpiness to build good volume.
Two coats of this give me lovely, balanced lashes that are noticeably longer and thicker, but not crispy. It comes off easily with baby oil and a cotton pad.
I can replicate the look with two cheaper mascaras for half the price of a full-size, but I think I will splurge on a travel size from time to time.

on 6/7/2015 1:29:00 PM

I use this mascara every day and I am OBSESSED! You should definitely give it a true!

on 6/7/2015 9:44:00 AM

This has become my mascara holy grail. I was (and still am) a fan of Benefit's They're Real but BTS has taken the crown. I will say though that it works best with a lash primer. I had Lancome Cils handy so that is what I have been using. However, the sales lady at Ulta recommended using the Tarte primer. To tell you how good this works...I was asked by someone at work if I had false lashes on! I have lame thin, straight lashes naturally so I was very happy to receive that compliment! Try this one out but DO use some sort of lash primer first. I have applied it without the primer but the results were just average.

Popular Mascaras