Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara

3.4

on 5/18/2015 11:32:00 PM

Really a lot of lies on the packaging, results are not bad but it is not a huge difference from a 7.99 mascara. Too expensive for what it does.

on 5/17/2015 11:41:00 PM

I'm not a high end kind of girl but I got the mini size in an Ebay purchase and I LOVE IT! I have skimpy lashes (I'm old) and this brings them center stage. I curl my lashes first (who doesn't?) and only use 2 coats if I'm going out. One coat if I'm hanging out at home and I'm happy. Did I mention that I LOVE this mascara? I'm getting the full size asap.

on 5/17/2015 9:57:00 PM

BEST.MASCARA. EVER. I have short eyelashes that are down and sad lol and this mascara makes my eyelashes look grrrrrreat with volume and length.

on 5/14/2015 4:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

What is all the hype over this mascara?! Do not waste your money! This mascara is crap! I luckily got a free sample of this after hearing everyone rave about this mascara. My eyelashes are naturally very long and dark and this somehow made my eyelashes clumpy, fall flat, and didn't do anything for volume. This mascara does absolutely nothing for holding a curl. Do not waste your money!

on 5/14/2015 3:01:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Tried this in the travel size--I think I got it for about $10 at Macy's. Another impulse purchase due to a catchy name. How could it possibly be too bad? Anyway, I have to say straight off that I dislike the shape of the brush (tapered in the middle instead of the ends). It just doesn't work for me. I don't know for sure if it was the brush and/or the formula, but this mascara was very clumpy and messy on my lashes; leaving bits of product on my eyelids and undereye area; and making my lashes stick together. I have fine, blonde, lashes that need color and separation to look natural. Sorry to say but I may have to toss this one out.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Neutral

I bought this product to see what all the hype was about. This did NOTHING to my lashes, but made them clumpy. I have long, full lashes, that curl easily. I love all my Too Faced products I own, but this made me really disappointed. It got all over my eyelid. Which, little to never happens! My eyelashes clumped, even when I took a spoolie and tried to comb the product through. However, I found the packaging really cute, the name is really provocative..

on 5/11/2015 9:28:00 PM

Ok so the name intrigued me. Better than sex you say? Hmm. I'm all for gimmicks and flashy names so yea I caved in and bought it. Good mascara. Not great, but good. Not a crapload of clumping or spider lashes. I did find that when I applied I'd have to constantly wipe off the mascara that ended up on my eyelids. It curled them upwards, gave me a full fringe of lashes, almost gave the illusion of false lashes.

I wouldn't purchase again. For me to buy this mascara again it would have to be better than foreplay.

There I said it.

on 5/10/2015 6:42:00 PM

I really wanted to like this mascara. A few of my favorite bloggers raved about, so I had high hopes. However, after giving it a try two different times, I'm really 'meh' about bout.

A while back I received a sample size of this mascara in a kit. At that time I didn't think too much about it. I recently received a full size tube of BTS when I ordered the Chocolate Bar palette from HSN. I've been using it pretty regularly here recently and am just not impressed.

First of all, it seems like way too much product come out of the tube when I pull the wand out. I have to wipe it off with a tissue before I apply. I feel like a lot of product gets wasted because of this.

The wand itself is okay. Nothing too amazing. I do prefer plastic comb style wands, but for a more traditional mascara wand, this one is pretty good.

The product is a nice rich black color. However, I have wear issues with the mascara. I've noticed on multiple times that as the day wears on, I get transfer from the tips of my lashes to up browbone. I thought maybe it was because I was wearing it on a warm day, but that's not the case. I get transfer almost every time I wear it for longer than four hours.

This mascara is buildable, but if your aren't careful, it will clump. One other good thing about this mascara is that it doesn't leave your lashes feel super stiff like a lot of mascaras do.

Overall, not a favorite mascara for me, but I've definitely used a lot worse.

on 5/10/2015 6:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is unfortunately my mascara. I say "unfortunately" because it's clumpy and pricey. And it lasts exactly 3 months, which is a good thing because it makes me toss it (thus saving my eyes from bacteria) but killing my bank savings. It also makes me shop at Sephora every 3 months.

I mean if I can find another mascara that performs like this one and cheaper, I am jumping ships. But for now it is my favourite and it's fantastic.

My old favourite was the Maybelline Lash Stylist mascara but it got discontinued. Since then (for 6 years) I searched for a replacement. That Maybelline one was like $8 (can't beat that) and made my lashes look dark, thick, wet, and almost fake. I always get "are you wearing falsies??" (in a good way). To achieve that again, I used two mascaras together (one lengthening, one for volume). The second mascara tends to die fastest because its brush coats my lashes (already covered with the 1st mascara) and mixes back into the bottle. Anyways so after 4 years of this horror story, plus testing a lot of high-end mascaras.... Too Faced - Better Than Sex is the winner. With YSL Babydoll as a close second. Lancome Hypnôse Drama was my mascara for half a year, but it is MUCH messier than Too Faced's.

I am on my 5th bottle of Better Than Sex now, it's really good for 1-2 months and it dies a slow death by 3rd month (a test of endurance... it gets pretty flaky until you can't stand it anymore). The brush collects a lot of mascara, coats this gunk onto the lashes, smudges everywhere and it's messy. I use a Q-tip every time to clean it up. And yes it messes my smokey eyes if I'm not careful. But it gives me dark, thick, beautiful, long lashes -to the point where it passes my hooded eyelids and creates a dramatic look with mascara alone. I ALWAYS am able to skip eyeliner with this mascara. Always!! I still use eyeliner (during "special" occasion) because eyeliner + Better Than Sex mascara = SUPER (even more!!) dramatic.

Everyone thinks I have falsies on again. Yay. And in a good way. I loooove this!!!! I use it daily. I mean if it's going to die regardless of usage by 3rd month, might as well use it to the fullest.

The downside (unfortunately...) is that it does get clumpy, it's not perfect. You have to work with it and be patient. It's not an easy mascara to use.

It isn't waterproof and I am one who USED to love waterproof mascaras. Drugstore brands come with regular and waterproof, hardly any high-end brands have waterproof. Right? It turns out, waterproof means nothing to me. Everything will smudge with tears, with sweat, with water, WITH TIME. It doesn't matter..... I still have to touch-up after 8 hours anyways. Too Faced - Better Than Sex, you are definitely getting me sex. My gay friend has a good laugh every time I restock.

on 5/8/2015 7:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This was great out of the proverbial box, but I've enjoyed using it less and less each time. The applicator is effective, but after numerous uses gets gummy and clumpy, so doesn't go on evenly. Good for volume but unless you're devoted to cleaning your mascara brushes, I'd save this for really special evening events where you're going for a bold, dark eye and nobody sees the residue around the lashes!

Popular Mascaras