Too Faced Too Faced better Than Sex Mascara

3.4

on 3/31/2015 5:47:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I was excited when this came as a gift with purchase, since it had such amazing reviews. I tried to like it, but couldn't. It is very clumpy and wet and flakes like crazy. It made my lashes stick together in the worst way. The only plus is thay I didn't actually buy it.

on 3/31/2015 4:17:00 PM

This is an amazing mascara ! it gives lenght and volume, it separate and define the lashes so well and it makes them look very long !
I wish there was a waterproof version of this because I have very watery eyes and this mascara it's not long lasting

on 3/30/2015 11:48:00 PM

I love too faced products and I really love the way this makes my lashes look; however it flakes so bad that by the end of the day I look like a panda. I won't be repurchasing as I have had better results with drugstore mascara and YSL babydoll.

on 3/29/2015 12:10:00 PM

I bought this in a package that came with eye shadow primer, and for $20 I was very disappointing with the size of the mascara tube, considering I recently bought something from Urban Decay (for the same price) that came with eye shadow primer, a full sized eye line, as well as a full eye shadow pallet.
Anyway, the main issue with this mascara is that its very, very wet, It is impossible to avoid the mascara smudging while applying it, and it also makes my eyelashes stick together.
That being said, the mascara makes my eyelashes very long, dark, and thick, and even if your lashes stick together you can brush through them with an eyelash brush to help separate them.
Overall, I would buy it again, but I feel like I can find a mascara with the same results that won't smudge as much.
One other comment I have is the wand has a shape that I'm not fond of, but maybe that's just me.

on 3/29/2015 12:20:00 AM

I absolutely loved this mascara. I received a sample of it previously and used it to death. For years, I've suffered from sad eyelashes that are stick straight and refuse to hold a curl. I've tried numerous drugstore mascara, waterproof and not, but nothing worked. Better Than Sex held my curl in place and completely justifies the higher price tag. The only thing keeping me from purchasing a full sized is that the Sephora in Singapore never seems to have stock whenever I make time to visit. ):

on 3/27/2015 6:54:00 AM

I'm surprised at all the negative comments but I suppose mascaras work so differently in everyone. For me, this mascara is beautiful. When I was 21, my eyelashes were amazing. I used to wear any old mascara and they instantly looked fake. My sisters are still enjoying this bit of genetic luck, however being 15 years old than them and married with 4 kids later, my lashes ain't lookin so hot anymore. Boo. I still naturally have curly lashes thank god but these days they need a bit of help with length and volume. Better than sex does not disappoint. It's the best I've tried in years. Instantly I get thick black lashes and the best part is I can go cray with the coats - four or five anyone? - and it does not clump. Serious. It's staying power isn't amazing....I do get a bit of black under my eyes after a few hours but honestly I am yet to find any mascara that does not do that to me. I don't think it's expensive...ok it's not a $10 rimmel mascara but $28 (in australia) is far better than $53 for LancĂ´me or Dior. I will be repurchasing this!!!

on 3/27/2015 3:15:00 AM

I bought this mascara in hope that it would provide fuller lashes. Which it does, but in the worst way possible. The brush is too big and apply too way much product. For the price, I expect more than that. The package is fine but the product is not worth it....

on 3/26/2015 9:09:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

No mascara that is this expensive should be as awful as this one. Very clumpy and wet. If you use with another mascara it's ok but not worth it at all! The only good thing I can say about it is the tube is very pretty

on 3/23/2015 9:58:00 PM

First two weeks I had this mascara I was IN LOVE. Best I had ever tried in my life. My eyelashes were black, thick and long! Couldn't of asked for anything better......until things went to complete $#!+ after those first couple of weeks. The formula started to get very dry and stiff and it was literally pulling my lashes out when I was putting it on. Throughout wear time it would flake like CRAZY onto my cheeks. Today, as I was putting it on, the wand looked all screwed up. The bristles were all bent and the formula was so crusty! Completely unusable. Into the trash it went! I have only owned this mascara for 6 weeks TOPS and I screw it tightly closed after every use. This is unacceptable and I will NEVER repurchase this mascara again! Waste of money!

on 3/23/2015 12:39:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I try using waterproof mascara because that's what holds my lashes up after curling them, this mascaras okay but I rather buy one at target. This makes my eyelashes super straight which I don't like but my niece really likes this product.

Video Reviews & Tutorials