Maybelline Fit Me Shine-Free Foundation Stick

3.4

OUTER CORE Ingredients: Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Polyethylene, Phenyl Trimethicone, Nylon-12, Diisostearyl Malate, Ozokerite, Polyvinyl Laurate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Caprylyl Glycol, Propylene Carbonate, Calcium Carbonate, Zinc Pca, Acrylates Copolymer [+/- May Contain Ci 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499 / Iron Oxides, Mica] F.I.L. D158948/1. INNER CORE Ingredients: Isononyl Isononanoate, Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Cera Microcristallina / Microcrystalline Wax, Phenyl Trimethicone, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Silica, Copernicia Cerifera Cera / Carnauba Wax, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Nylon-12, Caprylyl Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Calcium Carbonate, Zinc Pca, Acrylates Copolymer, Lauryl Methacrylate/Glycol Dimethacrylate Crosspolymer [+/- May Contain Mica, Ci 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499 / Iron Oxides] F.I.L. D158947/1

I use this mainly as a contour stick in the shade Coconut. Blends very easily for a natural contour or bronzey look. Did not purchase it for foundation purposes because of crappy reviews.

on 5/7/2015 11:27:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

why is this a thing? stick foundations are the worst. Needless to say, I don't like it. It makes me break out, applies patchy, and feels super thick. basically, buy anything else.

on 5/5/2015 4:09:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

so so SO drying....and I have oily skin! I would find dry patches during the day and by nighttime I looked like a hot mess lol. Also, it broke me out. I tried it 3 separate times, but it never worked out for me, and is just sitting my makeup drawer now.

on 5/4/2015 10:58:00 PM

If you have oily skin this is NOT the product for you!

on 4/30/2015 1:42:00 AM

For reference I have very oily skin, but no problems with acne, so I just need something to even out my skin tone and cover my pores. I looove this foundation. It's inconvenient, inexpensive, and goes on very smoothly. I got this in the lightest shade and it fits my skin tone perfectly. I just draw with the stick like war paint all over my face and blend it with my fingers, and it looks seamless. All in all, great foundation, would definitely repurchase :)

on 4/9/2015 7:33:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I would never use this as a foundation as it is soo creamy and feels quite thick on the face. Thats why I gave it 2 lippys.

I use this stick 355 (Coconut) (about 4 or 5 shades darker than me) for contouring and what makes this product useless as a foundation is what makes it great for a natural looking contour - the creaminess makes it super blendable!
I really like the packaging! Its like a big fat lip balm which makes it super easy to just draw on contour lines on the cheeks.

Overall I really would not recommend this product as a foundation but I would recommend as a contour stick (hence I would repurchase)

on 4/5/2015 4:01:00 AM

At first, I really liked this makeup. I am very fair complected and this matches my skin oerfectly in shade 110. That is about all the good things about this product. The texture is odd and hard to blend. Also, my face massively broke out everywhere I put this product, and only where I put it. I tried it a few times to make sure that was the cause. The makeup will not stay on my face which is not really a problem since I was rushing to wash it off once I figured out what was causing me to break out.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I hate this. Don't even bother if you're dry. Even the finish of this foundation itself is flaky and gross. Yuck.

At the very least, the packaging is kinda neat I guess.

on 3/29/2015 2:10:00 PM

This was an extremely disappointing product for me. Normally, I swear by Maybelline face products. Their Fit Me! foundations, Dream Fresh BB Cream, and Dream Matte Mousse foundations are amazing. But this one was seriously not up to par.

For starters, and on a lighter note, the packaging and the texture of the product is great. It's very convenient and small enough to fit into a pocket, and it just glides right on to my face.

But, the actual way the product wears is just awful. I've tried applying it so many different ways; over a primer, no primer, over a BB cream, no BB cream, over a moisturizer, etc. I've tried blending it a million different ways, too; a buffing brush, stippling brush, BeautyBlender sponge, my fingers, and more. It just DOES NOT blend. It really makes your pores and the peach fuzz on your face very noticeable. You know a foundation is good when it sinks in and blends wonderfully into your skin, but this just sits on top of your face.

It's also not shine free. I'm pretty oily, which is why I bought this, but even when you put it on and set it with powder, it's shiny. I even gave it 10 minutes to set. The shine did not go away. And what's more, it's flaky! I usually put on two layers of foundation, and when I applied the second layer of this stuff, the bottom layer flaked right off. Weird. And forget about putting blush or bronzer on over your foundation; no matter how lightly you brush or dab on the product, it flakes and comes right off the skin.

It also does not stay on your face. I've been trying to get this stuff right for like a week, and when I finally was able to blend it properly, it only stayed put for a few hours. I came home to find my cheeks and nose nearly foundation free, even after I'd set it with powder like I always do.

So, in short, do NOT buy this product. It might work better for you if you've got dry skin, but STAY AWAY IF YOU HAVE OILY SKIN.

on 3/28/2015 8:00:00 AM

The convenience of this stick foundation is the best part of my review. It's good for when you're running late and need something super quick. Other than that, it's disappointing. It sits on your skin, wipes off easily, and highlights dry spots. It evens out skin tone but not to the point of getting rid of all redness. I can't find an exact color match either. Both the 115 and 120 are a little too yellow for me and the 110 is too light. Won't be repurchasing.