Maybelline Fit Me Shine-Free Foundation Stick

3.3

OUTER CORE Ingredients: Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Polyethylene, Phenyl Trimethicone, Nylon-12, Diisostearyl Malate, Ozokerite, Polyvinyl Laurate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Caprylyl Glycol, Propylene Carbonate, Calcium Carbonate, Zinc Pca, Acrylates Copolymer [+/- May Contain Ci 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499 / Iron Oxides, Mica] F.I.L. D158948/1. INNER CORE Ingredients: Isononyl Isononanoate, Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Cera Microcristallina / Microcrystalline Wax, Phenyl Trimethicone, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Silica, Copernicia Cerifera Cera / Carnauba Wax, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Nylon-12, Caprylyl Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Calcium Carbonate, Zinc Pca, Acrylates Copolymer, Lauryl Methacrylate/Glycol Dimethacrylate Crosspolymer [+/- May Contain Mica, Ci 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499 / Iron Oxides] F.I.L. D158947/1

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Fine

It's been years since I've bought a foundation at the DS but penny-pinching took me in that direction. I'm delightfully surprised by this product. It's purse friendly, blends easily, covered my redness and wasn't to matte or dewy. Best of all, it didn't feel like I was wearing a mask and It lasted through the work day with a primer.

Now grant you, I'm not young with oily or problem skin but rather an older woman with combination to dry in winter and combination to oily in summer. I don't like a dewy look but matte doesn't look good on me anymore either. So far this is what I was looking for. As this was the first day of wear, I'll update if needed. BTW this is for Buff Beige instead of MAC nc 25-30.

Update: Got in a hurry to dress and skipped the primer. Big mistake. This step is very important to this foundation.

Absolutely amazing foundation. About 7 years ago when I was a teen i used to use this olay foundation stick and for years it was my HG. I never found anything similar u til now. For some strange reason although this feels really slippery before it sets, my face doesnt get as oily. If i need extra coverage i use a bit of naked foundation they blend perfectly and i get a good 6 hours before needing to blot which for me is revolutionary. In greasy in a couple of hours. Its also great for bluring pores and fine lines much more so than a liquid foundation. No matter what brand or how much I pay they never seem to be great with bluring deep pores and scars and tbh none of them seem great at oil control. This is much smaller than my olay one though but id rather buy this than any other high end foundation. NOTE: if you like super high estee lauder dw type coverage this is not for you. This is for people who want the closest thing to skin. For me it is the most natural looking foundation although it does set to a demi matte but still more natural looking than liquid foundations and looks even better by the hour!

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

At first when I bought this I was really excited because I have light skin and I haven't been able to find a foundation that is very close to my skin tone. I have finally found it with this foundation and its really easy to apply you just have to draw on your face and to blend it you use your fingers. It leaves your face smooth and it doesn't feel like you have make up on.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I ve read many reviews about this foundation saying that it s really light, not a lot of coverage. And in fact, to me, it s true. But this is what I like about this product.

I don t wear heavy foundation, my every day routine foundation is Sephora MicroSmooth Baked Foundation Face Powder (40 tan) with some under eye concealer.
As I m used to something quite light in coverage, FIT ME is perfect for me. It gives a light coverage but paired with a mineral foundation on top, it s just perfect.

Texture : The finish is really like skin, you can barely feel it on your skin. This stick leave a satin finish, quite mat feeling and I don t feel the need to add some powder to fix it. I add some powder because the color is too light for me (see below).

Results : Surprisingly enough, my combo skin didn t get shiny at all on, so that s great but the staying power is quite low. A bit similar to my mineral powder, which almost disappear at the end of the day

Color range : unfortunately, not as large in Europe than in USA. I ve bought 315 Soft Honey and the next darker shade is 355 Coconut. So there is a huge gap between the 2. 315 is similar to NC42 I would say (maybe even a bit lighter). For reference, I m an NC 43,5 in Mac Studio sculpt or 6 in Matchmaster & Face & Body. My perfect match is Nars Sheer Glow in Syracuse. And the 315 is one shade lighter than Syracuse. So I have to warm it up with a darker powder (MSF in dark, used as bronzer usually).

All in all, I really like this small and practical product. I just wish to be able to get the shade up : 330 Toffee which would have been perfect for me.

This is so convenient!

I had a meeting on a building site this morning and didn't want to over-do my makeup, but I have acne prone skin so I've got scars I don't like to leave the house without covering up a little bit - a few swipes of this, blended in with a brush, and it covered the worst of it.

I wouldn't call this a high coverage foundation - it's somewhere between light and medium - but it's a great natural colour match for me so it makes covering any blemishes easier. I did use a bit of concealer over current breakouts - I'm quite fair so they do look very red.

I used shade 120 and it's a great match (I'm shade 52 in Bourjois Healthy Mix, W2 in L'Oreal True Match). I don't appear to have any oxidisation issues thus far which is great (I did use the Bourjois Happy Light Matte primer underneath on my t zone which gets a bit oily).

I did find this transfers slightly onto my hands if I touch my face but it's cheap as chips and would be great for times you just need to do a quick makeup job for running errands or similar. Not sure it will last the whole day but I'll come back and let you know how it looks in a few more hours.

As far as foundation goes i'm not entirely impressed with anything about it but it is a FABULOUS contour stick very easily blendable and a flawless finish but to be fair I didn't give it much of a chance as a foundation and just went straight to the idea of using it as a contour but I love it!

So most of the reviews for this product are for its use as a contour stick, however I use it as a foundation and I really love it! Most foundations accentuate the texture of my skin and really really accentuate the fine lines I have on my forehead and around my mouth. I'm 23 and don't need to be looking like I have full on wrinkles, thanks very much...

So most foundation tends to give me that problem, high or low end. I just deal with it and accept the fact that maybe my skin just doesn't like makeup. I was at the drugstore about to pick up a new Maybelline liquid foundation that I heard good things about when I saw this stick. I tried it on the back of my hand and it was so powdery soft and smooth. I immediately bought this instead.

It gives light coverage and dries to a natural finish, which is exactly what I like. I blend it easily with my Real Techniques brush. Quick, simple, foolproof application. And it doesn't cling to dryness or make me look wrinkly!! Overall an ultimate win in my book. I really like it as a light and quick way to even out my skin tone.

I only got this product as it was in sale from 10 pounds to 1.50 , for what I can tell the product is light coverage , highly pigmented in colour as some of the lighter shades can be darker. Its very creamy, light on the skin. The Anti shine agent does work for a few hours. The foundation itself is more like a concealer. However I would not buy for full price.

I had used this foundation a year or so ago as my regular foundation: I had just bought one and it matched my skin. I really liked it and used it all up, and then when I bought the second one, I just didn't like it as much. I guess I got bored with it. Now I've been playing around with contouring, and I have the Smashbox Step by Step Contour Kit (powder) and the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette (powder) that I play around with. I wanted to try a stick contouring kit, but I didn't want to spend on the Smashbox version. I tried NYX Wonder Stick and liked the concept, but it was way too oily. I remember these foundation sticks and that they were pretty mattifying, so I thought I'd buy a light color and dark color and try contouring with these.

I bought Porcelain 110 (the lightest one) and Cappuccino 340 (the second from the darkest). I apply Porcelain on the center of my forehead, above my eyebrow, below my eyebrow, under my eye and on my cheekbone, down the center of my nose, on my cupid's bow, and chin. I apply Cappuccino in an E shape from my temple, to the hollow of my cheekbone, to my jawline. I'm still experimenting with how to blend; sometimes I just use my fingers, other times my Sonia Kashuk flat top brush, or my Swissco Precison Blending Sponge. I haven't decided how I best like to blend.

I like how this looks. It's matte but doesn't look dry or cakey, it still has a tiny bit of a dewy finish. I feel like it just sits on top of my face though, and if I wipe my face, a lot of makeup comes off. A setting powder (I used Elf High Definition Powder) seems to help. I'm going to continue playing with it, but I think powder contouring just works better for my oily skin.

I bought two of these foundation sticks at superdrug as they were doing a 3 for 2 offer and I wanted to use the darker foundation stick for contouring and the other to match my skin tone. This is the first foundation stick(s) I have tried so I have nothing to compare them to.
I have tried using this product with maybelline infallible matte primer and urban decay de-slick setting spray and I wouldn't say the foundation performed any different with or without a primer/setting spray.
I never touch up my make up throughout the day so when I put my make up on in the morning I want it to last at lease 8-10 hours.

Pros....
* I paid £8.99 which i think is really reasonable for a foundation stick as i remember people talking about the Bobbi Brown ones & I think they are close to £30.
* The foundation is beautiful on the skin. I would say it's demi matte as it almost looks like the skin is glowing which I like as I have oily skin but I don't like to look chalky.
* It is small so you can throw them in your bag or make up bag without taking up lots of space.
* It does last on the skin but I wouldn't say it stops the shine however although it does go shiney after a few hours I don't look sweaty or oily its more of a glow.
* foundation is buildable with a beauty blender.
* It glides on the skin & blends beautifully.
* It doesn't transfer.
* Texture on the skin is silky and soft.
* It hasn't caused any breakouts.

Cons...
* Shades - In the UK I have only came across 4 shades ...2 light & 2 "dark" however I wouldn't say that the dark shades are dark at all which is disappointing as I wanted to use the dark shade I bought for contouring. I believe I bought 110 & 220 ...there was a shade darker called honey which I believe was shade 230 however it appeared more orange than tan so I didn't go for that one & I don't believe it would have been dark enough to contour with either.
The shades are lighter on the skin than they look.
* Coverage - I wish the consistancy was thicker as I like more of a medium to full coverage on the skin as I have some scaring on my chin from spots in the past. It is buildable though but not to full coverage.
* Anti-shine - This foundation claims to have anti-shine technology in it however I have not seen the effects of this as I still get shiney after a few hours. As I said I have used this with primer & setting spray and I don't believe it performed any differently. I don't really like to set my make up with powder as I feel like the powder I use was making me more oily over time. (Has anyone else had this problem with translucent powder?)

I think I will continue to use this foundation and maybe try out shade honey as it may not look the same on the skin as it does in the packaging like the others.