Maybelline Fit Me Shine-Free Foundation Stick

3.4

OUTER CORE Ingredients: Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Polyethylene, Phenyl Trimethicone, Nylon-12, Diisostearyl Malate, Ozokerite, Polyvinyl Laurate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Caprylyl Glycol, Propylene Carbonate, Calcium Carbonate, Zinc Pca, Acrylates Copolymer [+/- May Contain Ci 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499 / Iron Oxides, Mica] F.I.L. D158948/1. INNER CORE Ingredients: Isononyl Isononanoate, Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Cera Microcristallina / Microcrystalline Wax, Phenyl Trimethicone, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Silica, Copernicia Cerifera Cera / Carnauba Wax, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Nylon-12, Caprylyl Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Calcium Carbonate, Zinc Pca, Acrylates Copolymer, Lauryl Methacrylate/Glycol Dimethacrylate Crosspolymer [+/- May Contain Mica, Ci 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499 / Iron Oxides] F.I.L. D158947/1

on 1/3/2015 8:08:00 PM

I really don't like this foundation, I find it hard to apply in the stick form and its hard to blend with any brush and yet it blends out to almost nothing and has really light coverage. I have freckles and always try to cover them with foundation and when I used this stick i ended up having to use my concealer on most of my face to hide my freckles. As well as this the foundation comes off during the day even if you use a power on it.
Basically this product is useless and I made a huge mistake in buying it

on 1/2/2015 4:25:00 PM

This is the worst foundation I have ever used!

It has extremly sheer coverage and it made the skin around my nose look flakey. And I do not have dry skin, I have normal skin.

Do not buy it!

(Sorry for bad English, but I'm a 15 year old girl from Norway..)

on 12/31/2014 5:19:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

LOVES: The portability of a stick; blendable formula; natural skin shades for light-medium skin color.
DEAL-BREAKERS: Takes time for it to dry--to go from a tacky state to a powdery state on the face. Must wait before doing the rest of your makeup. Gives your face a waxy, shiny appearance after a short while. Face won't necessarily feel greasy, but it sure will look it. The Madame Tussauds Museum-look will stay with you all day until you finally concede, "Yeah, I look weird in this stuff."
RECOMMENDED USERS: Possibly no one. Maybe those with Sahara Desert-like super parched skin... ?

on 12/27/2014 9:19:00 AM

Very very light coverage. terrible for uneven skin tone. not good for my combination skin. my nose area flaked on application and i became very dewy on the nose after 1 hour

was okay, still got oily. really light coverage :(

on 12/24/2014 11:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

For reference: nc30-35, warm & yellow

I use darkest shade "355 coconut" as a creme contour to contour my face. Product glides on smooth and the fact that it's in stick form mAkes it easier to draw out lines on your face.

I also own sonia kashuk's creme bronzer and ben nye creme contour. The Maybelline is my fave.

I use the sephora airbrush pro 56 brush to blend this product out. (Real techniques expert face brush is similar). I only apply this product in the hollow of my cheekbones. I don't use this along my forehead because this product makes me break out if I apply it on my forehead.

Only thing I dislike is the packaging. The cap doesn't snap on so its always coming off.

on 12/18/2014 6:21:00 PM

This is another foundation I tried solely because I'm pale as hell (N5-ish), and I'm desperate for any foundation that MIGHT match.

As far as color, I'm pleasantly surprised. It's still a bit to dark for me, but the undertones work nicely with mine (very pink), and it is very pale. I'd say it's probably around NW10 in MAC?

The packaging is a little cheap, but I do like that it comes in stick form, which is very convenient for travel or just being on the go in general.

I'm not sure why, but the couple of times I've tried this foundation, it hasn't been remotely full coverage for me. I honestly get more coverage out of my bb cream than this (Skin79 green label), which is super weird for a cream foundation. This wouldn't be an issue for anyone who didn't really have anything to hide, but for people like me (with hyperpigmentation from acne and some active blemishes), it just isn't good.

On the other hand, the formula does blend nicely with my skin, and wears pretty well (I haven't tested it in crazy heat/humidity yet), and it hasn't broken me out. Also, it hasn't oxidized! this is a big deal for me, since in my experience, most drugstore foundations oxidize terribly on me, and I end up with orange face later in the day.

Overall, this is a decent foundation option for pink undertoned pale people who don't have a lot to hide, and want something you can throw in your bag and go. It's certainly not HG for me, but it's not a bad option in a pinch.

on 12/14/2014 7:05:00 PM

I really, really wanted to like this but there were multiple problems. First of all the actual stick is too fat, making it hard to get precise lines for foundation application or contouring. Second of all it was too opaque. It didn't look natural. It looked as if it was just sitting on top of the skin. It also dried (after it felt like forever!) to a chalky, inconsistent color. I really disliked this product but clearly it works for some people I guess.

on 11/28/2014 6:50:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I like the idea of this product but it falls short on the coverage and quality. It is VERY sheer and not too buildable, has a semi-matte finish turning into a slightly powdery texture when dry. It does cover redness but not pigmentation or scarring. I find its easy to blend, but you need to work fast because it dries quickly. You don't get a lot of product and I finished this tube very quickly. It's marketed for combo/oily skin types, but it wears off around the nose and T-Zone. I would only recommend it if you have good skin or prefer a light coverage look, and avoid this completely if you have extremely oily skin because I guarantee you'll be disappointed!

on 11/26/2014 3:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

This is the way I like to put foundation on. I love stick foundations and this is a great formula. I'm in the shade 240 Golden Beige and I apply it with real Techniques expert face brush.

At first it looks like it's going to be too orange, but when it blends it turns into a more natural beige tone with warm undertones. I recommend this to people who don't like a full liquid foundation, but need more coverage than just a tinted moisturizer.