April 18, 2014 | 873 users online

Stick - Maybelline - Fit Me Shine-Free Foundation Stick

rated 4 of 5 on 3/18/2014 5:25:00 PM More reviews by ACupOfGreenTea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Pros:
- Widely available (at drugstores, major retailers, etc.)
- Lightweight
- Buildable coverage
- Portable packaging
- Easy to apply
- Fades gracefully

Cons:
- Expensive (~$7.00-$10.00 USD for 0.32 oz. or 9 g)
- Rubs off easily
- Not soft-focus or HD
- Cheap packaging

Reference:
I used the Maybelline Fit Me Foundation Stick in shade 220 for my fair-medium skin with neutral undertones (although I have yet to try MAC foundations, I estimate that I am in the NC 20-30 range); this shades matches my skin tone perfectly. Since I have very oily skin, I have also used the Neutrogena Shine Control Primer with this product. I don’t set this product with powder (more on that below).

My Experience:
I found that this foundation stick applies best when my face still felt dewy from moisturizer or as soon after I apply primer and blends best with a slightly damp sponge. I have blended using my fingers in a pinch, but the results did not give me the same initial "airbrushed" look as the sponge. I use the term "airbrush" loosely as finish and longevity is where I felt that this product lost the most lippies. I typically apply two layers, blending between each to even out my complexion from acne-related discoloration. Some days, this product applies beautifully, but equally often, this product cakes regardless of how little I apply or how much I blend. I’ve tried to correct this by setting and buffing it out with powder (Tarte Amazonian Clay Finishing Powder), but doing so made it cakier, upsetting the illusion of the “natural,” “no makeup” look.

Throughout the course of the day, this foundation soaks up oil like a sponge, giving you the appearance of a supple and even skin texture. However, this effect only lasts for so long, about two hours for me, before having to blot or touch up again. Perhaps it is because I don’t set this with powder, but a considerable amount of product transfers when I use oil-absorbing sheets. I imagine that a makeup setting spray would be the best method of setting this foundation without risking a midday oil slick or having to go out with too much powder, but I have yet to experiment with this.

After application and blending, sweat and wear, this product looks great from a distance of 2 feet (60 cm) away or more. I don’t recommend it for anyone who wants a soft-focus, camera-ready coverage since pores and product are noticeable up close. My last positive critique of the foundation is that is fades gracefully, meaning that unless product is rubbed off of one area of the face more than the other, it fades evenly or that there isn’t a lot of blotchiness at the end of the day.

That in consideration, I give the actual product 3 out of 5 lippies.

Other Comments:
The product comes in a light, black glossy plastic tube with a clear top, not unlike a lipstick. I gave the packaging 4 out of 5 lippies because the cap is very flimsy and while I have not actually have this problem, I could imagine it easily sliding off while being toted around in a bag. For those of you who use or have had used Nivea lip balm tubes, this Maybelline Foundation Stick does NOT have that satisfying click when you snap on the cap!

Closing Statement:
Overall, this is a good product... Maybe just not the best for me. In spite of that, I recommend it to anyone who wants a quick, no-fuss foundation—swivel, draw, blend, and go! I do not recommend this product to anyone who wants full coverage or HD-quality finish.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/17/2014 12:59:00 AM More reviews by esaechao

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this foundation in two colors (120 & 220) both fit me fine. 120 is my winter shade and 220 is my summer shade. Sometimes I swipe the two on my face and blend them together to get the perfect shade. I chose these two shades because I find these to be the most neutral and yellow tone. Anyways I have pretty oily skin and acne prone skin. This foundation does t cover my acne but it evens my skintone. I have to set with a powder because even though it looks like a natural finish and sets itself. My oils will show later. So I prefer to set it with a powder. It lasts at least 6 hrs on me and I do have to blot and powder later. Oh I forgot to mention I'm between an NC 25-30

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2014 6:37:00 PM More reviews by Koschira

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Other Eyes: Grey

I have dry, acne prone skin.
Coverage: This foundation is a light to medium coverage. It can be built up but not really to a full coverage, so I think you will have to use concealer for acne scars etc.
Consistency: It does NOT have the consistency of a concealer, rather it is very smooth and light weight, so you won't have the feeling as if you are wearing a foundation.
There are 6 shades available in Germany but the foundation has 12 shades altogether in the US. So the lightest shade in Germany (120) was still a bit too dark, I can work with it but I will definetly get the lightest shade available (110) of off ebay the next time.
YOU WILL HAVE TO POWDER. The foundation claims that it is anti shine but I was shining after a few hours, so you will need to powder throughout the day especially if you have oily skin. It clung a bit to my dry patches but if you moisturize good enough that may be avoided.
Altogether it is a good foundation vor evening out skin tone, not so much vover up acne, but it does feel good on the skin. I will repurchase because I like the feel of it and I recommend you rying it out for yourself. It is not that expensive.
Edit: After using the foundation a few weeks I have to say it does not last really long ont he skin an altogether!! If you want decent coverage the doundation will only last you 2-3 weeks.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2014 4:13:00 PM More reviews by hulagirl310

It is nice that it is shine free and it is really easy to apply. Make sure you set it because at first if you sweat it will come off easily. The coverage is great and it is not super thick.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/15/2014 3:18:00 AM More reviews by bettybear135

Love the finish, hate the lasting power. Also be SUPER careful to not put this anywhere hot. I bought this from shoppers and walked home with this in my bag and this stuff melted-.- now it's super hard to work with because it's all gooey. It wasn't even that hot. Maybe like 13 degrees Celsius. I tried to freeze it in my fridge but it still stayed with that consistency. :'( On the other hand, this has a pretty good coverage. It says it's matte but it's not. I don't mind tho cuz the finish still looks super natural.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/11/2014 7:23:00 PM More reviews by dbourque

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I origially bought this in the summer when I was looking for a matte foundation. It doesn't stay as long as I'd like, but the colour I picked matched my skin very well. I mostly used it after spending the day on the beach or at a friend's cottage to even out my skin tone during the evenings. I bought this in 120 for the winter months and use it alongside concealer and powder on days when I'm going for a natural look or leave it in my bag for touch ups after work. All in all, I enjoy it and I'd buy it again, but I wouldn't count on it for all day wear.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2014 1:04:00 AM More reviews by Harlilee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

It is a quick application, decent coverage, and leaves my skin with a little glow and minimal shine. The only thing I don't like about it is when I apply it to my nose it looks as little flaky, and by the end of the day the product wipes off where my glasses sit on my face. My MAC concealer doesn't do that. But over all it us a good product!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/11/2014 12:37:00 AM More reviews by missjjww

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The best thing about this foundation is the fact that in has the shade '110 Porcelain' which suits me perfectly. Finally! I hope they carry this shade across all their foundations. Additionally, they seem to have darker shades. I'm sure all girls at varying sides of the colour spectrum will be pleased.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/7/2014 12:14:00 PM More reviews by flappergirl35

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this last night in 'classic ivory', which I thought would fit my color perfectly. I brought it home, and it was waaayyy too light for my fair complexion. I think it was the lighting in the store, because I checked the tester first.

Not only that, but when I swiped it on my nose, it crumbled. I ended up having to mash it back into the tube, which doesn't look pretty. The coverage seems fairly good and buildable, though.

Not the best quality foundation, IMO.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2014 8:38:00 AM More reviews by emily0212

I put rebuying as a yes but that's tentative.

Pros: I love how FAST this stuff applies when I'm in a hurry in the morning. A few swipes on my face and buff with a RT face brush and I'm done. REALLY GOOD coverage. Almost full coverage!

Cons: Accentuates dry patches. I have a dry patch on my cheek right now that is driving me crazy (exfoliation not working and it's just irritated) and this stuff just makes it look a million times worse. Ok, maybe I'm over dramatizing it but it doesn't look good.

Makes me look flat. I'm used to the dewey radiance of my BB creams. Once I put on my blush and eyes, I don't look so flat.

Also accentuates pores. I have tons of little white dots all over my tzone.

Will try again with a few different primers in my arsenal and update my review.