November 24, 2014 | 2004 users online

Cleansers - Alba Botanica - Good & Clean Gentle Acne Wash

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2013 7:45:00 PM More reviews by bbarry75

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

so great
-gets my makeup off with the first wash
-does not dry my face
-wash way all the dirt and grim of the day
I thought nothing could be better than Alba's pineapple wash, I was wrong
This review was for the daily detox foaming cleanser the packaging looks almost the same

Update: Still love this face wash.
-so amazing

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2013 12:19:00 PM More reviews by Jiketsu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Love it! After washing my face with this gel, my skin actually glows and my breakouts have calmed down. Easy to rinse off - no residual film left behind. Leaves a squeaky clean feel without an overdrying effect for me. Gets the make up, oil, and grime out. Pleasant mild fruit scent. Perfect, perfect, perfect cleanser. I really love this.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2013 4:14:00 PM More reviews by Lena0510

I've been searching for a natural and less abrasive alternative to Neutrogena's grapefruit daily scrub and I think I've found it! To say my skin is acne-prone is really an understatement. I am CONSTANTLY broken out and have been for years. I have tried nearly everything (Accutane, diaper cream, name a plant and I've probably had a mask made out of it on my face at some point) and realised natural products make my skin feel and look better, I just needed one to work against my acne! This wash makes my skin feel clean without over-drying it and I already see improvements in my face. It smells great(fruity and delicious but slightly medicinal. Not at all bad.) and has a slightly watery consistency but that only seems to mean I need to use less and certainly doesn't change its effectiveness. I follow this with the Earth Science clarifying astringent and am still searching for a super-light moisturiser with sunscreen in it, but am wary of adding something to my routine that might aggravate my skin.

Navigating natural skincare when you have acne seems nearly impossible but this product has definitely convinced me it's possible to use a natural cleanser without having awful breakouts. My skin looks better than it has in quite a while. LOVE IT.

It cost me just under 8$ and is well worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2013 3:46:00 AM More reviews by amarie622

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My Background: I have acne-prone skin that I have been dealing with since my teenage years. I am on the birth control pill to help manage it, and I pretty much just stick to drugstore brand cleansers.

I wanted to try this cleanser because I am trying to use more natural products for my face, and it was one of the more affordable products at around $5-7. It is definitely working for me! I use this cleanser once a day and I also use Witch Hazel as a toner afterwards. At night I use a plain cleanser from Trader Joe's and since I began this routine I've noticed that I have far less break outs. I think I began to see results maybe a little after a week. If I do break out, it's usually one or two pimples at a time, when I used to get 4 or 5 at a time.

I also stopped wearing foundation whenever I broke out, and eventually my skin started to clear up. It's still in the healing process but overall I really enjoy this cleanser. It's gentle, and its not too drying for my face. It also has a nice fruity smell to it. The packaging is also great because I can control how much I need to use, and it's not ever messy. I will definitely buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2013 12:56:00 AM More reviews by kaseysan

This is a gel based cleanser.
To begin, i had acne scars and major breakouts along my chin and cheeks. I had previously used a couple of products that brought pimples to the surface but never cleared them away. I purchased this wash at Walmart for under $7. i decided to buy the entire line and give it a try.
I started with the acne wash.
It left my skin feeling smooth and clean.
I used the entire line,
this face wash (helped to dry out active blemishes),
the scrub ( removes dead skin and gives me a glow,i use it every morning) and mini peel( i've used it once to help clean clogged pores on my chin and it left my skin smoother and clearer) and saw a major difference in less than a week.
I would recommend a light moisturizer eventually to keep the skin balanced, but i am very happy with the results