Essence I Love Extreme Crazy Volume

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

BEST MASCARA EVER! Seriously - and not just for the price! How many brands claim to give that false lash effect? This is the only mascara that delivers! I can't count the number of people who have asked if my eyelashes were real or if I had lash extentions since I started using this product. I rarely ever write product reviews but when a product is this amazing I want to share it with the world! ** disclaimer: I do have naturally long lashes so I'm not positive that someone with short lashes would still experience the "falsies" effect in the same way, but for $5 bucks it's worth a shot!

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure

The I "heart" extreme is a good mascara. It thickens the eyelashes. And it's great for the price. However, it's not the absolute best, but it's not bad. Its good for budget shoppers. This mascara is not as good as L'Oreal Paris' voluminous lashes.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm not a mascara buff, so before heading out to my local makeup store, I went online and found that this had such positive reviews from tons of beauty bloggers around the world.
I have never been so disappointed!
This formula flakes on me on the 2nd hour of wear, and I live in the Philippines where it's pretty humid, so it made the flaking worse.
But wait, it gets even more worse.
The black tint? totally bleeds and makes me look like a racoon. I should've gotten the waterproof version or something, but really! This sucks so bad.
Application was okay but the wand was so big, I kept poking my eye! So fun! *sarcasm*
Will not repurchase, ever.
Price was 125 Php? Not sure, it's cheap but shame on me for putting so much of my trust on a cheap mascara.
I'm going to try Maybelline's mascaras instead! UGH.

After seeing all the positive reviews of this mascara, I decided to purchase it and because of its popularity, I went to 4 outlets before I can find it! It was out of stock everywhere.

Unfortunately after trying this, I was so disappointed. I have naturally straight downwards lashes, so I usually do spend a decent time to curl my lashes before mascara. However, this mascara is so heavy, it weighs down my lashes and doesn't hold my curls at all. Just after applying, my lashes was in an awkward straight manner. I try to give this mascara several attempts but it still weighs down my lashes.

It might work really good for those with naturally curled lashes. But for naturally straight downwards lashes, this is not fabulous at all. I threw mine away.

I've been using this religiously for almost two years now. This mascara is a staple in my makeup bag and I have repurchased it many, many times. People ask me all the time if my lashes are real. I recommend this mascara to absolutely everyone, and many of my friends have started using it after I recommended it to them. Due to the plastic wand, it thickens the lashes while still seperating them -- which the original I Love Extreme doesn't do as well, despite still being an excellent mascara as well -- and adds so much length. I curl my lashes and apply this afterwards, and it holds the curl all day. It's jet black without a hint of gray. On me, this mascara doesn't smudge, but no mascara ever has, so maybe it will smudge on others as it isn't waterproof. (However, essence did just come out with a waterproof version of the original I Love Extreme which I can't wait to try!) It has never irritated my eyes. It will clump a little, but in a nice, thickening way. The texture is great: thick and a little dry (once you've used it a few times), which is also the reason why it does such a great job at tickening your lashes and adding volume instead of just glueing them together, like most very wet mascaras do. However, you will have to use it a few times because -- like most mascaras -- it's still very wet when it's new, but it'll only take a few days to dry down to its normal creamy texture. The packaging definitely isn't luxurious, but fun and bright (but I might be biased as pink is my favorite color!). And at that price point? SOLD. Sold until the day they discontinue it. Which I hope never comes around.

Will I repurchase? Yes. Would I recommend it? Yes. Do I love it? YES! I URGE you to check it out! At that price point, you can't go wrong -- and I really don't think you'll be disappointed.

Since I don't know how to add pictures, you can check out my Instagram account (@mkpbyotchh). I have a shot up in which I'm wearing it (please excuse the terrible quality, I took it with my old phone). I have to add that I really caked it on for that photo so if you think it looks too clumpy, you can get a much more natural and less clumpy look if you just use less! Now try it out and enjoy! (closeup of me wearing it: https://instagram.com/p/wy5ysVP25k/?taken-by=mkpbyotchh )

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

YES. Just YES.

Amazing mascara! Especially for the price. $5 for a high end performing mascara? YES please. :D

The outside packaging is nice with pink and black lettering. It makes my storage look prettier haha. As for the brush, it's a large, rubber bristle brush that gathers a lot of the product from the tube. It's very precise and helps to get every lash longer, fuller, and darker.

The name says it all: crazy volume. Very volumizing, holds it's curl, lengths lashes beautifully, and lasts all day.

Seriously can not go wrong. Layers well on other mascaras too. Definitely recommend!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Finally a mascara that gives me the volume I want. This is perfect not only for the price but because it really does give you a lot of volume. I usually wipe the wand on a tissue before applying to avoid gloops. Definitely try this out and other Essence mascaras, they're amazing for the price.

thanks everyone for the reviews. They were very helpfull!!! I decided to buy this product and i discovered that the cost of this mascara is very low related to the quality!!!! Surely i m gonna buy it again and I highly recommend it!!

I have bought this mascara twice, the formula is amazing. It just thickens my lashes and makes them so luscious. Its a drier mascara.

I have 1 qualm with this mascara and its the brush. The brush just makes it so clumpy, I think the stopper doesn't clean everything off and even when I do clean it off and put it back it, it comes out even clumpier.

So I fixed this issue by replacing it with the Maybelline Rocket Mascara brush. It fits perfectly into the tube. I like this brush significantly more than the Essence brush. It does look odd to have a pink tube with a blue cap, but it fits and my lashes look great. But this combination just brings the mascara to a whole new level.

The brush separates well with this mascara formula. I totally recommend trying it if you have the Rocket Mascara lying around.

Holy grail!
Ok so the first time i tried it it was so sloppy. Guess i was just awkward with the brush it had. But then the next day when i tried again, whoa, this mascara literally gave my lashes LIFE lol!! My lashes looked super voluminous, not clumpy. And surprisingly it lasted all day, no flaking or smudging. I wore this from 9am to 9pm and in hot weather (34 degrees celcius) and i have oily eyelids.I am very impressed. My eyelashes are average, not too thick or thin, not too long or short. I will definitely repurchase this!

oooh!! and i forgot to add that for my lower lashes i use waterproof mascara. unfortunately not this one by Essence. eventhough it stays put on my upper lashes, i dont want to risk putting it on my lower lashes lol coz those babies only want waterproof mascara! but still love this mascara.

Popular Mascaras

Roller Lash
Roller Lash
They're Real
They're Real

Video Reviews & Tutorials

FIRST IMPRESSION REVIEW: Essence I heart EXTREME Crazy Volume Mascara | MyMakeupPerspective by MyMakeupPerspective

Top Rated Essence Products