Essence I Love Extreme Crazy Volume

so let me just say, i never write reviews just spend all day reading them. its crazy how depend i am on makeup alley.. this is a great great mascasa it is def comparable to high end.. people always ask if im wearing fake eye lashes. mind you i have semi long average lashes and this stuff works!! i def recommend to ppl with average length lashes! it is messy yes but i can deal with the mess it is definately one of the best drugstore and ever high end. i would just say to apply it cautiously if you do that you will not have a mess to clean up bc it is very wet. however i have extremely happy with the price $6 ulta and will repurchase. never have issues with mascara fall out
it has amazing performance for the price

on 1/12/2015 12:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this cuz many ppl said it is a good mascara. in muy case, it irritated me, muy eyes got swollen and ver y red. and the mascara smudge an flaky and is hard to clean. I wont buy it again

I am so glad I tried this mascara!The bright pink tube is what drew me in.I long for long,dark,thick eyelashes and this mascara delivers!I love the brush.It is one of those plastic like applicators where the bristles looks more prickly if that makes any sense?I actually prefer these type of brushes because I find it gives more volume and you can control the brush better.When applying this mascara allot of product does get on the tip of the brush so I either wipe it off with a tissue or just wipe off the excess on the inner rim of the tube.Once I do this its time to apply!I wiggle my brush and give it a couple of swipes and BAM my lashes are super long and thick and very black.I don't think this is one of those mascaras where you can apply quickly and go, it can tend to look clumpy if you don't take your time applying and comb the brush through enough (or if you don't remove the extra product on the brush).Besides that I love this mascara and for the price of $4.99 its a steal!

on 1/6/2015 1:19:00 AM

Wow, what a great find! I love the volume and length this gives!! I use it on top of a waterproof coat and I love how long it makes my lashes. Awesome value!

on 12/26/2014 6:37:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

First off - the little pink tube is very attractive! I find that this mascara does provide crazy volume and damn it looks great... but... If you have weak, thin or Asian lashes they will lose their curl soon after application. So be aware if you fulfill this type. Also, I find that it always smudges underneath my eyes a few hours later. Very unforunate but it is a problem I have with many mascaras. If like me, this is a common problem for you - give it a miss. If not, then purchase and enjoy as otherwise it makes your lashes look amazing. Oh and it is cheap!

on 12/26/2014 6:27:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I hated this mascara at first, not knowing why it's so popular. At first it was so wet, I had to swipe the wand across the top to get the excess product off. It made my lashes all sticky, so I had to use a spoolie which made the situation better. After a month of using it, it dried out a little bit, and then I started to like this mascara, because it made my lashes long and voluminous after two coats. I already bought another one ;)

on 12/8/2014 6:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Arguably one of the worse mascaras I have ever purchased. This mascara is so goopy. The wand does not get cleaned off well enough and comes out with way too much product. I've tried to love this mascara because of the rave reviews about it but I just can't. Because of all the product on the wand your lashes end up sticking together with gobs of mascara on them. You also get mascara all over your lids. It's extremely hard to work with and the rows of bristles on the wand are so far apart that mascara just sits on the brush between them and globs all over your lashes. Save your $4 and buy wet n wild mega length for the same price. Or almost any other mascara for that matter.

on 12/5/2014 10:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral

Wow! I picked this up while we were out of town as an emergency purchase. Surprisingly, I find myself using it daily, even over my formerly loved Clinique High Impact. This is super volumizing and super cheap! One coat of this and an overcoat of waterproof mascara and my lashes look amazing! Two coats and it is like I have added false lashes. My lashes are long (thanks rapidlash) but fine and thin, and this works very well to give them amazing volume and thickness.

I am also in awe that this very affordable volumizing mascara doesn't irritate my super sensitive eyes.

on 11/28/2014 10:19:00 AM

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

I love the formula of this mascara. It does the job of coating the lashes without making them feel heavy, and the formula is super black. It also helps with volumizing the lashes.
However I hate the wand and stopper! The wand is good in a way they volumize the lashes, but it is too wide and the bristles are not separated enough, making it hard to work with (you can definitely work with the wand but it needs effort!). Almost impossible to reach short inner lashes. The stopper is too big, I always have too much product on the wand, gross!
Than God the price is cheap so I do not feel like I wasted so much money, but definitely not repurchasing!

on 11/26/2014 9:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I think mascara is one of the most subjective beauty products. This one seemed to work for a lot of other users, but not for me. The formula was thick and gloopy, and the comb style brush just did not distribute it well on my lashes and picked up too much product. I could have made it work by going through it with a spoolie, but it was not worth the effort. Luckily, it was only about 3 bucks wasted for me.

Top Rated Essence Products