Essence I Love Extreme Crazy Volume

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

I could not believe my dumb luck when I found this mascara. HOLY GRAIL.

I purchased this from shoppers drug-mart in Canada for 4.99. I originally tried an essence mascara that I got for 2 dollars from Fred Meyer in the States. The cashier told me to 'get the pink one next time, it's amazing.' The other one I tried (the black one 'get big lashes') did not impress me at all I actually threw it out.

So, back in Canada in shoppers i see the little essence stand in the isle and i grab ' the pink one ' it was only 5 dollars so why not, i didn't have high hopes but I liked the brush so.... what's 5 dollars right??? I bought it.

I have been wearing mascara for 10 years and I have never found one that I like as much as this. It builds very quickly and the brush is so sturdy and FAB. I don't like buying expensive mascara because, hey, a gurl goes through those things quickly and they dry up and can cause infection if you keep those bad boys too long.

This mascara is amazing, I would purchase 40 of them and not have any regrets, I've recommended it to several people and they all love it as well. I am picky with mascara and I ain't straying away from this one any time soon.

on 2/4/2015 11:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is the first essence mascara I have purchased. A friend of mine suggested it, and her lashes always look amazing so I thought I'd give it a shot. This mascara is comparable to higher end products. My only complaint is its far too goopy and wet. The product itself seems rather potent. It does however, create intense volume and add a decent amount of length. Its super cheap too. For $4.99 at Shoppers Drug Mart why not re-purchase this product!?

This mascara isn't my favourite out of all the essence mascaras but it's still good. It makes my eyelashes very black but not as long as I like them. It clumps a little but it's no hassle and for the price it's amazing. Probably wouldn't buy again but I'll keep using it till it dries up

so let me just say, i never write reviews just spend all day reading them. its crazy how depend i am on makeup alley.. this is a great great mascasa it is def comparable to high end.. people always ask if im wearing fake eye lashes. mind you i have semi long average lashes and this stuff works!! i def recommend to ppl with average length lashes! it is messy yes but i can deal with the mess it is definately one of the best drugstore and ever high end. i would just say to apply it cautiously if you do that you will not have a mess to clean up bc it is very wet. however i have extremely happy with the price $6 ulta and will repurchase. never have issues with mascara fall out
it has amazing performance for the price

on 1/12/2015 12:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this cuz many ppl said it is a good mascara. in muy case, it irritated me, muy eyes got swollen and ver y red. and the mascara smudge an flaky and is hard to clean. I wont buy it again

I am so glad I tried this mascara!The bright pink tube is what drew me in.I long for long,dark,thick eyelashes and this mascara delivers!I love the brush.It is one of those plastic like applicators where the bristles looks more prickly if that makes any sense?I actually prefer these type of brushes because I find it gives more volume and you can control the brush better.When applying this mascara allot of product does get on the tip of the brush so I either wipe it off with a tissue or just wipe off the excess on the inner rim of the tube.Once I do this its time to apply!I wiggle my brush and give it a couple of swipes and BAM my lashes are super long and thick and very black.I don't think this is one of those mascaras where you can apply quickly and go, it can tend to look clumpy if you don't take your time applying and comb the brush through enough (or if you don't remove the extra product on the brush).Besides that I love this mascara and for the price of $4.99 its a steal!

on 1/6/2015 1:19:00 AM

Wow, what a great find! I love the volume and length this gives!! I use it on top of a waterproof coat and I love how long it makes my lashes. Awesome value!

on 12/26/2014 6:37:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

First off - the little pink tube is very attractive! I find that this mascara does provide crazy volume and damn it looks great... but... If you have weak, thin or Asian lashes they will lose their curl soon after application. So be aware if you fulfill this type. Also, I find that it always smudges underneath my eyes a few hours later. Very unforunate but it is a problem I have with many mascaras. If like me, this is a common problem for you - give it a miss. If not, then purchase and enjoy as otherwise it makes your lashes look amazing. Oh and it is cheap!

on 12/26/2014 6:27:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I hated this mascara at first, not knowing why it's so popular. At first it was so wet, I had to swipe the wand across the top to get the excess product off. It made my lashes all sticky, so I had to use a spoolie which made the situation better. After a month of using it, it dried out a little bit, and then I started to like this mascara, because it made my lashes long and voluminous after two coats. I already bought another one ;)

on 12/8/2014 6:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Arguably one of the worse mascaras I have ever purchased. This mascara is so goopy. The wand does not get cleaned off well enough and comes out with way too much product. I've tried to love this mascara because of the rave reviews about it but I just can't. Because of all the product on the wand your lashes end up sticking together with gobs of mascara on them. You also get mascara all over your lids. It's extremely hard to work with and the rows of bristles on the wand are so far apart that mascara just sits on the brush between them and globs all over your lashes. Save your $4 and buy wet n wild mega length for the same price. Or almost any other mascara for that matter.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

FIRST IMPRESSION REVIEW: Essence I heart EXTREME Crazy Volume Mascara | MyMakeupPerspective by MyMakeupPerspective