Younique 3D Fiber Lashes Mascara Set

3.5

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

WOW! Try this. Highly recommended.
You do not need an under-mascara- the instructions said it was optional.
I find the thicker formula of the mascara I apply as a base, the more clumpy it turns out.
I wear contact lenses daily, and it has not irritated my eyes; I haven't gotten any fibers in my eyes, ever.
No fiber fallout after a 12 hour day, including crying- OR SMUDGING- true to its word, it is water resistant. It removes easily with an oil based makeup remover. I applied regular mascara to one eye, and this on the other- let me tell you, dramatic difference. It doesn't turn out clumpy if you use 1 coat. It gets clumpy once you start layering it. Unlike other fibers these are easy, black, and the transplanting gel, if applied after, seals the fibers in very well. Doesn't rip my eyelashes out. BEAUTIFUL packaging.

on 3/25/2015 12:15:00 AM

I love this product!! I am very picky about my eye make up. I have thyroid disease which make me have very little lashes. I tried it the first time, it really was amazing!! Took practice to apply correctly. I also had fibers in my eyes at first then after the second application and getting fibers in my eyes, I though about it. What was I doing wrong? So I tried putting the fiber not so close to the root of my lashes....duh!! Worked like a charm!! No more problems except that I'm addicted to the brand!!

For one....there is not a product made that everyone is going to love completely. For two...all products have some possibilities of risks or allergic reactions, If you don't think so...you are delusional! If you read.....it says it on the site as well as directions. Thirdly, if you know how to use it right, it is a great product! I love it! I will never use anything else. You do not have to use your regular mascara before it....that is optional! If you get fibers in your eyes...it is because you did something wrong. I have been wearing it for a long time...I have exercised in it, hunted in it, swam in it, wore contacts with it and have got it in my eyes once, and it was my fault! It never caused a major reaction! Other than that one time, it never comes off my lashes. I have even slept in it! You can't make everyone happy unfortunately, but I absolutely love it! P.S. if you are buying this product from anyone besides a presenter...it is fake! Ebay and Amazon included. Anything under $29 for this product is not real. Just FYI. You run the risk of greater chance of allergic reactions and problems.

on 3/23/2015 1:04:00 AM

For positive remarks, I believed the packaging was absolutely professional and wonderful, and I am now using the hard compact case to hold my glasses in my purse to prevent damage. I also consider the price reasonable since I received 2 products for $30, when only one high end mascara in most departments can possibly cost more. I also believe this product performs the best out of most fiber mascaras out in the market, such as Tarte and Too Faced.

However for the unsatisfactory flaws, I personally think this product is not the most ideal for Asian women with stick straight lashes. The transplanting gel has a very heavy wet formula which does not hold the desired curl. Although the mascara does provide desirable length, the lashes do not appear to be the most natural. I've followed the application instructions carefully, and even utilized an extra disposable spoolie, however the lashes look bug like because of the fuzzy fiber sticking sideways on the lashes. Although the 3d mascara provides comfort than the band of false lashes, I would rather wear false lashes since I would rather have natural fluffy lashes.

All in all, I loved the packaging, satisfied with the price, and believed the 3d fiber lashes performed best out of any similar product I've ever tried. However, this product does not function well for my lashes, and I would not repurchase.

on 3/22/2015 6:13:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I consider myself a mascara connoisseur of sorts, so after having about three pals selling the line. I decided to give it a try. Ok so the mascara does give you very long lashes, no doubt about it. The issue is that they are long AND clumpy. I have super long natural lashes so all I need is one coat, but it a messy and clumpy mess. It just looks really Tammy Faye Baker. Even if you look at the pics above the fibers are giving the lashes a kinda strange split end type look, which is really weird for eyelashes.

Also on some side notes. It takes a pretty long time to apply this. I take a good 10 minutes at the least to apply and no makeup product, sans foundation perhaps should take so much time. Then I think this brand loses major credibility by saying to apply another mascara first then start layering this one after. How many brands promote other company brands. It just didn't add up for me.

The fibers get in my eyes, & I want to claw my eyes out!! It's miserable. I follow the instructions exactly - gel, fiber, gel. (apply fiber before 1st coat of gel dries so it sticks & gel afterwards to seal it) I've even tried double & triple coats of gel to seal it. I also have fiber pieces under my eyes after about 30 minutes, if that, Which I could tolerate, but having it in my eyes is awful. Even after I remove it w/ makeup wipes, it still takes a while to get it all out of my eyeballs. I have to place my finger in my eye to get the fibers out & rub my eyelid over and over, hoping it'll collect in the corner of my eye so I can remove it. Eyedrops help, too.
I'm so disappointed in this mascara. I signed up for this site just to express this.
I paid about $40 for this mascara, & I've tried it multiple times now thinking the texture may change or something after a few uses, but I end up with the same results. I'm having a hard time throwing away $40 :(

on 3/17/2015 8:21:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I see a lot of the bad reviews here consist of fibers in the eyes. I've been using this product for 5 months now and at first, when I didn't apply it correctly I had the same issue. You HAVE to apply the gel before AND after you apply the fibers. The gel sets it in place so they don't fall out. It says it in the directions. I love this mascara! I get many compliments on my lashes. It's not really expensive compared to getting the false ones at the salon and it's not bad for your lashes like falsies. My lashes have even seemed to grow some using this. I don't think I could ever NOT use this!

on 3/14/2015 8:15:00 PM

Worst. Mascara. Ever. I actually joined this site so I could share the misery I have just experienced as a result of trying this product today. My eyes feel like they are ready to BLEED. What a horror this stuff is. I followed the instructions and consider myself to be an intelligent, sensible, reasonable person.

First of all, the packaging of this product immediately gave me pause. It's make-up, not a piece of jewelry, not a fancy designer pen, and certainly after using it, not something worthy of such an ostentatious box. It's mascara, people. This company should spend more money on actually developing a decent product, rather than expensive boxes to clutter up the landfills.

But ok, if the product had been great, I'd have given the packaging a pass. Alas, it was not to be. The fibers started flaking into my eyes from the moment I applied this, and the flakes have been unrelenting for the remainder of the day; even continuing to the present moment, despite my having removed it. I want to scratch my own eyes out, it is so awful! All day, there were dark circles beneath my eyes, and I look as though I have pink eye. I've been putting eye drops in constantly, hoping to soothe the inflammation and redness.

The emperer is naked, folks. Move along.

on 3/13/2015 1:25:00 PM

I love this stuff. I don't use it every day, but when I have a special occasion, it's perfect. So much easier than false lashes and they look more natural.

I do understand some of the complaints I've read, because when I first started using this, I had some issues as well. But I have come up with a process that works for me and it's resolved the problems I had at first.

1. Apply a coat of regular mascara - I use Almay Triple Coat in Blackest Black.
2. Apply a coat of the transplanting gel.
3. Apply fibers while gel is still somewhat wet.
4. Apply another coat of the transplanting gel.
5. Run my eyeliner along the lash line to collect/remove any fibers that might fall into eyes.

Sometimes I repeat steps 2-4 twice, always ending with a coat of the transplanting gel. I line the insides of my eyes, so running eyeliner along my lash line really helps in picking up stray fibers and preventing them from falling into my eyes. I just wipe them off my eyeliner. Of course there's always a few fibers that have fallen onto my cheeks, that I just brush away. Using this method, I haven't had any problems and I don't even see any more on my cheeks the rest of the day like I did when I first started using this product.

I will never use false lashes again.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Personally, i loved this product in many ways. The packaging was amazing nothing was damaged when it arrived but the only problem for me was i put my first coating of mascara on ( Rimmel london Scandal eyes) then added the transplanting gel and fibres. Like i was supposed to. Then my eyes became really irritated and sore and the fibres fell off, it stayed on majority of the day but it was just the irritation that put me off. So i would reccommend because i have heard alot of people say it irritates only buy this product if you can cope with a little irritation :) xo

Video Reviews & Tutorials