Younique 3D Fiber Lashes Mascara Set

3.4

on 7/21/2015 11:00:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Let me first start off saying I am not a presenter and I typically do not buy from companies like this (Mary Kay, Arbonne, etc). I find them overpriced and tend to find the sales reps/presenters pushy and it makes me uncomfortable. Haha that being said, I tried this product because I am also a sucker for anything that promises long pretty lashes. My lashes are short, grow straight out or down, hold no curl, and are non existent without multiple coats of waterproof mascara and multiple curls with an eyelash curler. My lash routine was high maintenence to the extreme and my lashes were taking a beating. After getting a bald spot in my lashes, I knew I had to find a new product. I ordered this because an old college friend was selling it on Facebook. I went back and forth but after days of seeing pics of her, her family, friends and their fabulous results, I rationalized it was worth helping out a friend, right? At first I wasn't super impressed. I got clumps and fallout throughout the day. I'm the type that likes to research beauty products and will spend countless hours trying to make products work for me. I found after months of playing with it on and off and watching tutorials, I was able to get a routine down to make the most of this product. It truly does make my lashes insanely long and somehow keeps them curled despite not being a waterproof formula.

I prefer using it WITHOUT a base mascara. I curl my lashes, gently apply the gel, kind of rolling the brush through my lashes and then LIGHTLY apply the fibers sweeping up from the middle to tips of the lashes immediately on the first eye only. Then move on the second eye, using same steps. THEN go back to original eye after fibers have dried and apply the second coat of the gel. Depending on where I'm going, I may add a second coat of fibers for extra drama especially on the outer corners. I find doing it this way I get little to no clumping and no fallout throughout the day. This process takes me less time then my old lash routine using multiple mascaras for voluminzing and lengthening. I only use this on my top lashes.

The price is steep and I hate having to pay shipping on top of it, but I have yet to find a mascara that yields results anywhere close to this (I've tried everything from high end to drugstore). If you're not willing to play around and find what works for you, you may not be a fan of this because I sure wasn't at first. It definitley will create spider lashes if not applied correctly. And if you're one of those lucky ladies that already can create pretty lashes using normal mascara, then I wouldn't bother with this. But if you're like me with wimpy lashes and feel like you've used every mascara out there and nothing is giving you the length or look you want, this is worth a shot. It's not the easiest product to work with at first but once you get the hang of it, it's like magic. Really looking forward to trying their new re-vamped version once I run out of what I have.

ETA: If you're ordering this from Amazon, you're getting counterfeit product. This could be the reason for some of the people complaining about burning/stinging their eyes. My mom and sister got it off Amazon and it's definitely not the same product. There's a reason it was so cheap.

on 7/21/2015 5:21:00 AM

This product burnt my eyes really bad. Not only does it sting, but the fibre sticks into and falls in your eye, and the product is way over priced.

on 7/19/2015 12:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I find this mascara to be very over rated. Yes it makes your lashes look thicker and longer but it also makes my lashes stick to each other. I have to use a eye lash separator which is a pain in the ass. It's very expensive and I was told there is only a 3 month shelf life. As if I would buy a 35.00 mascara every 3 months. I also didn't like the fibers. They had trouble sticking to my lashes. I won't buy this again

on 7/17/2015 6:05:00 PM

This stuff is amazing! Let me repeat: AM-A-A-A-ZING! I have short, stubby, sparse lashes with no color. In other words, my eyes look bald, even with permanent eyeliner. To add insult, my eyes are extremely sensitive, and even expensive mascara will often make them burn. Plus, even the waterproof mascaras eventually leave me looking like a raccoon... probably because I like to use moisturizers around my eyes.

So I originally bought this product to help a friend, who was trying to raise money for a specific purpose by having a Younique party. Omigosh, I am so so glad I did!!!

I can only assume that the people who don't like this product or had problems with it either bought a cheaper knock-off or aren't following the directions, which clearly say to start with the gel (mascara) add the fibers, and FINISH WITH THE GEL. If you don't finish up with the gel the fibers are going to fall off onto your face. I can truthfully say that I have never had a fiber fall off, my eyes never get raccoon-ized, and they are never irritated. In fact, I totally forget that I have this product on, and I'm often surprised when I look in the mirror.

It did take some practice, especially to keep the "spiders" from occurring, but eventually I learned how to separate the lashes better and have a smoother look. I still can't do the lower lashes well, mostly because they're practically non-existent and they really did look like spiders or a 60's Twiggy look, so I just use the mascara/gel without the fibers.

Sure, 30 bucks sounds like a lot for mascara, but if it works it's totally worth it.

on 7/16/2015 6:09:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Ugh. Awful. I tried, I really did. I practiced and watched tutorials and even allowed a "pro" to apply it for me. I still ended up with crap under my eyes. Worse, I ended up with crap IN my eyes that irritated the dickens out of my contacts. I know that there are those who love it. Personally, I know in a second if a woman is using this. There will be little black things under her eyes or her lashes will look like spiders have taken up residency. Not cool.

on 7/12/2015 11:34:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this mascara from a friend. Loved it . . . until I was driving one day and realized that I could not see out of the middle of my left eye. It was like I was looking through a piece of sheer fabric. I quickly made an appointment with the eye doctor. Initial tests indicated a cataract, but as the exam went on, the doctor suddenly said,"Oh, my gosh"! He said there was a clump of something embedded on my cornea. He took a picture of it. There in the middle of my pupil was a clump of fibers. After a couple of weeks of artificial tears, I can see again. I would NOT recommend this stuff no matter how good it may make your lashes look. Since my experience, I have read of others with similar or worse experiences with their eyes. Be careful with this product.

on 7/11/2015 3:06:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This is a really amazing and excellent product - however, you really have to practice to perfection in order to appreciate it.

I have never used a product that made my lashes appear this long - EVER. And I do not believe one exists that can even come close to Y3D's. I have used lots of fiber mascaras and pre-mascara treatments, they are good (some even quite impressive) but don't even come close to the "va-va-voom" that one gets using this stuff. Case in point: I remember how impressed I was when I first began seeing major results from my prescription Latisse along with my Lancome Cils Booster XL and a Tarte LC Mascara; this product gives similar results but waaaaay better! I am sold.

Ok it definitely takes some practice to perfect this so to not end up looking like tarantula's are tango dancing on your peepers. You gotta go slow and be patient upon application... Also, its best to brush through and separate lashes - while I do notice this lessens or tones down the drama of the look a bit (I think bc it removes some of the fibers?), it will eradicate the "Tammy Faye" effect yet still look amazing and impressive. I don't wear this too often but when I do I get major complements. I can't live without this stuff, I know people have balked at the price ($30.00) but to me it's totally worth it.

I (like so many others) put off trying this for a long time - that whole "Avon/Amway/Mary K" party single seller vibe of it gave me the false impression it was a big joke - plus it wasn't getting raves from mags, popular beauty gurus, etc. and that made me think it was a box of B.S. I was totally wrong though - this stuff rocks!

I notice there have been reviews and complaints that this is hard on the eyes... Well, I have really sensitive eyes, to the extent if I don't throw out my mascara every month I actually end up with some odd puffy red eye infection and I have to use antibiotic drops - I kid you not, happens often (I also get this if I don't remove eye makeup well enough). Yet this doesn't bug me in the slightest. Maybe I just got lucky I am not sure, however, the ingredients in this just don't seem very harsh in comparison to so many other product out there.

I am giving this product 5 stars because it does everything it claims and promises. I thought about giving 4 stars because of the "unnatural" effect or look, then decided against it because... well, does any glamorous dramatic over the top lash product look natural? Nope, so imma go with a 5 star rating because this is awesome and works better than all other products. If you want length try this stuff! And practice to perfection - you will be stoked!

on 7/10/2015 3:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

This is great! Makes my lashes longer and thicker and if done properly does not give me spider lashes. The only problem is that it is not waterproof. I put NYX Proof-It over the Younique and that helps keep it from smudging.

on 7/8/2015 12:35:00 PM

This mascara is nice. But thats about all it is. The product itself is nice. The reps, the parties, the people, are obnoxious and that factor alone is enough to drive me away from it. It makes my lashes look longer and more full, but it is also so sticky and clumpy that it is nearly impossible to separate them and make them look like anything but a spiderweb. Not the "pretty and almost natural" look I want. Its nice, but not necessarily for me.

on 7/8/2015 12:32:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

My aunt had this and I was like "Whoa. Why do you have a glasses case in your makeup bag?" then I opened it and was like "Oh". She taught me how to use it correctly.
Although I'm not a big mascara user (yet i have like 10,000 mascaras) this does make my eyelashes (I have sparse lashes that go down and DO NOT HOLD CURL) look like I ACTUALLY HAD EYELASHES that were fuzzy.

Video Reviews & Tutorials