September 1, 2014 | 1999 users online

Mascara - Younique 3D Fiber Lashes Mascara Set

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2014 10:47:00 PM More reviews by bayles01

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Love it, Love it!! You can get yours here http://www.youniqueproducts.com/melissaerinbayles. Will never use another product If you don't know how to use it then you won't like it, but if you know how to to apply it, it is flawless and amazing. see my pics

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2014 9:42:00 PM More reviews by Gehnigirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I admit, getting the hang of this product takes some time, but all in all I've really been impressed with the results. I have VERY small, thin lashes. I'm a falsies girl all the way; or WAS :). I've experienced better results without using a base coat of my regular mascara underneath. I think it's because my lashes are so wimpy to begin with, they can't handle the weight. Also, if you let the product dry for a moment before adding layer after layer, the fibers won't come off on the wand. No one product works for every person, but for me this one works great! It's much better than glueing other people's hair to my face (falsies) for sure. Keep in mind, for every disgruntled customer's bad review, there are 100 satisfied customers who've never thought if writing a good one. That being said, I'm writing a review because I believe giving credit where credit is due; Younique hit it out of the park.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/8/2014 11:27:00 AM More reviews by laura5168

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

terrible product

rated 3 of 5 on 8/7/2014 3:01:00 PM More reviews by justinetindall

I would first like to say that not all of the reviews listed below are from actual customers. This company has hired and/or created different profiles here on Makeup Alley posing as a customer, but in reality, nothing but fake reviews. Point being, don't trust ALL reviews you read here.

That being said, for what this product claims to do and it's purpose of use, it does the job. Litte fibres, kind of like strands of feathers, stick to your lashes, and then you apply the black liquid mascara over it to seal the fibres onto the lashes, giving it that extra long look.

Can be hard to use, but for what it's worth, it does the job.

If I wanted something to give me some serious glam, and if I had flimsily eyelashes, and was prepared to put in a lot more effort to get long lashes, i'de use this. But, since that is not my case, i'll pass.

*Spoiler* Essence makeup has a $3.00 lash fiber alternative.

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 8/7/2014 2:27:00 PM More reviews by mirnacori

****Okay, so there have been really good reviews and really bad ones. All I want people to know is that we all have an opinion about everything. We don't need to cram it down everyone's throats as truth, but we also don't deserve to be censored because it may or may not reflect poorly on the company. Some of us are (or were) paying customers, and we deserve to have the quality product that we paid for. But we're all not the same, so when buying a new product, PROCEED WITH CAUTION.****

With that being said, I saw some of the instagram photos of this mascara in action, and I, like many others, wanted to try it out. I was in luck! There was a women's convention I worked on (as a makeup artist), and they had a booth! I bought it on the spot, and was excited that I didn't have to pay shipping. I went home, eager to share this product with my friends on instagram video.

But when I tried it, it didn't go so well. It's not that hard to apply (mascara, gel, fibers, gel, add fibers and gel to your liking), but I found the gel took off most of the fibers I had added on, or shifted then to the tips of my lashes. I like to have volume on the roots and length on the tips with a bit of volume. Thing is, the fibers keep getting into my eyes, irritating them badly. In the end, I ended up with clumpy, furry looking lashes (every single eyelash was furry with fibers, and gel didn't help keep them down.)

I tired every trick to try to improve the application. I tried a lash comb, I switched to a different mascara wand to better apply the gel (the one they had is the standard wand; I used a thicker, defining wand), I tried just putting fibers on the roots, even tried without mascara underneath at all. Nothing helped. I was disappointed. It kept being a clumpy, furry mess. Like the tarantula legs people fear having on their eyes.

Luckily, I remembered there was a money back guarantee. So I ended up getting my money back, but still had to pay S&H. Instead of bashing the company by saying "they suck" outright, I offer them to make it a challenge and improve on the formula. And again, everyone is different. I've seen tarantula legs with this product, but I've also seen great results; I just got the former. So, I end this review by saying good luck, and PROCEED WITH CAUTION.

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2014 6:34:00 PM More reviews by rootedinlove

Let me start off by saying I am IN LOVE with this mascara! I get at least 5 people every day that ask me what mascara I use and/or tell me my eyelashes are long! It is well worth the money, I will definitely repurchase forever! **NOTE** If you have a problem with the fibers getting everywhere, I suggest using a layer of your favorite mascara not only under the fiber lashes but as a top coat as well. It works wonders. <3

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2014 2:33:00 PM More reviews by giat3718

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Hi I purchased the set of the younique lash masacara set and it works wonderfully. I was in th market of considering lash extensios not any more this product is amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2014 1:01:00 AM More reviews by kittypasa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It took me like three months to finally budge and buy this mascara. I am so very glad I did. I finally tried it after I saw a girl at the salon actually apply it while getting her hair done. Incredible results. I am definitely a makeup snob, and I was faithful to Lancome Definicils for years. The only negative thing is that I cannot wear the younique mascara at the office because they actually extend my lash, and consequently my lashes hit my the lens of my eyeglasses. But I cannot complain about that because the mascara is doing its job. It is my weekend and party mascara. I truly love it. Caveat: It takes some practice to get the hang of it, It took me like 2 or 3 times to apply it correctly.
*I am not affiliated with Younique

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2014 4:25:00 PM More reviews by MAChostage

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A friend of mine started selling these products and she really hyped this mascara. I was skeptical, even after seeing her pictures, which showed nothing amazing, but decided to bite the bullet to help her out. My overall impression of this product is that the end result is not impressive enough, especially considering the effort it takes to apply it. It is definitely not something you want to wear every day, unless you are very atypical and have that kind of time on your hands. This mascara also seems to work best when used with a volumizing type of mascara as your base coat -- and why should I even need a base coat of another mascara when I've just spent $30 on THIS one? The packaging, although very nice, is way over the top, IMO. I just want a great formula in a simple tube that works well, lengthening and separating. I don't have a need for an eyeglass case-type container for my mascara, really I don't. Now that I've tried this, fine. But I won't repurchase, that's for sure.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2014 6:38:00 AM More reviews by ljoudrey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I just recently started using this product and at first I had it everywhere... I made a huge mess, but the second time that I have used it, it turned out perfect. I love this stuff and I am very picky about mascara. I will definitely continue to use this product. It works wonders for my eye lashes! As long as you take your time applying this product - your eye lashes will look amazing.