November 23, 2014 | 1767 users online

Mascara - Younique 3D Fiber Lashes Mascara Set

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2014 3:27:00 PM More reviews by MichelleAmanda

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just bought this after seeing a few ppl wearing it. I have plenty of lashes but they're not long nor thick 😞 This would look stunning on someone that already has long lashes, however with myself it's thickens and lengthens and I'm impressed! It washes off super easy..not like regular mascara. *TIP*I used my eyebrow pencil brush to separate upon adding the fibres. Price is high, packaging lovely hence part of the price I'm sure. I shall definitely continue buying this! Bye bye falsies!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2014 10:29:00 PM More reviews by AKmedic

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have been using the Younique Moodstruck 3D Fiber Lashes set for a couple of months now. I bought it because my stepsister had an online party and I needed to get a new mascara. Overall, I am extremely happy I took the chance on this set. My lashes look amazing, the formula doesn't flake if you apply it correctly, the lashes are water-resistant yet they remove easily with warm water and my regular face wash. I have used Peter Thomas Roth Lashes to Die For, Imju Fiberwig, Dior Diorshow, and many other high-end mascaras. This one outperforms ANY other mascara I have ever used.

I spent $29 on the mascara and also bought a lash/brow comb. This is tricky to apply because of the following factors:
- You use 2 tubes to apply it, a wet mascara and a dry tube of black fibers
- The mascara applies wet, you quickly brush on some dry fibers, and then you add another coat of the mascara to seal the fibers onto the lash. You will get fibers in your eye if you apply them too close to the base of your lashes. Your lashes will look clumpy if you apply the "transplanting gel" too thickly or in heavy coats.
- I only need 1 application, but I've seen some YouTubers do 2-4 coats for really big lashes.
- I don't start out with mascara and I don't do a "base coat" of Transplanting Gel either. I just brush on a thin coat of Transplanting Gel, a coat of fibers, and seal it with a final thin coat of Transplanting Gel. I have noticed that the more strokes I use and the thicker the coats, the thicker and less natural my lashes appear.
- The brush on the mascara is pretty big, and it was hard for me to learn how to apply it.

I watched a few videos and it's taken me some time to learn how to apply it. I curl my lashes first, loosen the caps on both tubes, apply a light coating of the mascara (they call it "transplanting gel"), and then quickly brush on the fibers from midlash to the ends of my lashes. Finally, I use light strokes to brush on a final sealing coat of the "transplanting gel" and let it dry, using a spoolie to help separate my lashes if needed. I have very sensitive eyes and it is the LEAST irritating mascara I've ever tried! It takes me less than 3 minutes to do my lashes in the morning, and it's totally worth it to me to have fabulous lashes that last all day.

Overall I LOVE his mascara, but I would be remiss without identifying some of the downsides:
- The company claims it's "cruelty-free" but the mascara ingredient list includes collagen, which I'm pretty sure is an animal based product. That makes me wonder what their definition of "cruelty-free" means.
- The mascara is sold through a multilevel marketing scheme, so I had to hear the sales pitch from my stepsister's friend and then she tried to convince me to sell the lashes to my friends and coworkers.

I did add a photo of myself to the review photos. Some other reviewers have said that they found this mascara irritating, or that it made their lashes look clumpy and gross. I haven't had that problem, I just apply thin coats and start the fibers mid-lash so I don't have any falling into my eyes. http://img.makeupalley.com/0/3/2/5/2666566.JPG continued >>

rated 1 of 5 on 11/3/2014 3:34:00 PM More reviews by makeupjunkie654

Worst product ever! I bought it from a rep thinking I was going to love it because I have heard so many good things about it. I tried it and it made my eyelashes clump together so I combed them out and it looked ok from afar but up close it looked like a hot mess. After I left my home I started to get irritation in my right eye! It was so annoying!!! The damn little fibers kept falling into my eye making my eye burn! Ugh what a waste of my money! I am throwing this product out!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2014 9:22:00 PM More reviews by rln12280

Have tried many mascara and I love this mascara!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/31/2014 10:12:00 AM More reviews by aparzingo

Love this product! I do not wear a lot of makeup and have never mastered makeup application but this stuff is very easy to use.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2014 6:51:00 PM More reviews by cinimini15

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ok, so I researched this product and researched it again and again. I finally bought it from my local presenter (Crystal Bond- your amazing girl!!!!) and let me tell you this is amazing! This makes my eyes pop! The best thing is it lasts all day, even the next day, without all the flaky partials all over my cheeks and eyelids that I normally have with other mascara. I love that I can layer the product without all the clumps and my own lashes seem to be growing! Amazing stuff! I also wear contacts and it doesn't bother my lenses. ****I curl my eyelashes BEFORE any product and this makes a world of difference on the look of my lashes.*** I never use to curl my lashes and I thought I would try it. Ok the only "bad" thing, if you want to call it a bad thing is I personally like to use eye makeup remover to remove all my makeup. It comes off super easy that way. Soap and water...it takes just a little bit more effort.. But soooo worth it! I love this stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2014 1:24:00 AM More reviews by Reciodoesit

Love, love, love this mascara. I was skeptical to buying it because I didnt believe my lashes could look so long and thick. When I decided to try it, I was hooked, I have been using it for sometime now and I always reorder. Im never going back to regular mascara. All the negative comments dont make sense to me. If you are getting it in your eyes, turn the lights on people seriously its not like it pours out and you cant control it. The instructions clearly say "Do not apply close to the waterline" and Trust me the fibers dont fall out during the day, I go to the gym and sweat and nothing gets in my eyes or face. You have to seal it... I also want to mention that I dont use another mascara along with the 3D, I just apply it to my bare lashes....thanks for reading

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2014 1:08:00 AM More reviews by etoile03

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'll start out by saying I am Asian, and have short, practically non-existant, straight lashes. I have relied on false lashes almost everyday for several years now, and in the process, spent a small fortune on both lashes and mascara, since I find falsies look best when actual mascara is added to blend them with my natural lashes. This product has changed that. Nowadays, I use this mascara for a day-to-day look, and only do falsies for going out or times when I'm going to be photographed.

Generally, I stick to the directions. I'll curl my lashes, apply a coat of regular mascara, briefly let it dry, apply the transplanting gel (or any mascara, really), then start layering the fibers. Definitely do one eye at a time, layer the fibers and gel (or regular mascara, which I prefer) and continue this process until you're satisfied. This makes my lashes long enough to show up, which is good for an everyday look. The mascara has to be wet in order for the fibers to adhere.

A couple things to note..I find the transplanting gel to basically be a bad mascara. I like using a cheap drugstore lengthening mascara to hold the fibers (Maybelline Illegal Length). The transplanting gel is a strange formula, a terrible wand, and the results are better with normal mascara, on me. The fibers are great. I don't have sensitive eyes so I haven't had a problem, but they do occasionally come loose, so be prepared. There was a learning curve when I first got it, but now application moves pretty quickly. Like I mentioned, finish one eye completely, then do the other. It also goes without saying, but DON'T curl lashes after you do this, since it'll basically remove the fibers. Price isn't bad, considering I haven't found any suitable replacement for this product, and it's on par with a high end mascara. I do wish I could just buy the fiber tube, but I can't win 'em all. The transplanting gel is mostly useless, for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/27/2014 12:59:00 PM More reviews by Adboudy

Clumps, clumps, clumps! Yes if done correctly this product will lengthen your lashes incredibly, but they look terrible. They are not smooth like false lashes; they are stuck together in large clumps and bunches. If you try to separate the lashes, then you get fibers falling off on to your cheeks. It makes you LOOK like you have ALOT of mascara on instead of like false lashes. But if you are not trying to hide the fact that you wear a lot of makeup, or you are NOT going for a natural look, then you will be pleased with them. I try not to look like I have caked makeup on my face. I contacted my rep, and she explained that was what my lashes were supposed to look like, but she assisted me in getting a refund since I was unsatisfied.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2014 9:56:00 AM More reviews by mcgrem

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have sensitive eyes and wasn't sure how these fibers were going to be on my eyes. This product was great. The fibers did not bother me and had no problem with them staying put. It does smell a little weird but goes away.