August 29, 2014 | 1713 users online

Mascara - Younique 3D Fiber Lashes Mascara Set

rated 1 of 5 on 8/8/2014 11:27:00 AM More reviews by laura5168

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

terrible product

rated 3 of 5 on 8/7/2014 3:01:00 PM More reviews by justinetindall

I would first like to say that not all of the reviews listed below are from actual customers. This company has hired and/or created different profiles here on Makeup Alley posing as a customer, but in reality, nothing but fake reviews. Point being, don't trust ALL reviews you read here.

That being said, for what this product claims to do and it's purpose of use, it does the job. Litte fibres, kind of like strands of feathers, stick to your lashes, and then you apply the black liquid mascara over it to seal the fibres onto the lashes, giving it that extra long look.

Can be hard to use, but for what it's worth, it does the job.

If I wanted something to give me some serious glam, and if I had flimsily eyelashes, and was prepared to put in a lot more effort to get long lashes, i'de use this. But, since that is not my case, i'll pass.

*Spoiler* Essence makeup has a $3.00 lash fiber alternative.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 8/7/2014 2:27:00 PM More reviews by mirnacori

****Okay, so there have been really good reviews and really bad ones. All I want people to know is that we all have an opinion about everything. We don't need to cram it down everyone's throats as truth, but we also don't deserve to be censored because it may or may not reflect poorly on the company. Some of us are (or were) paying customers, and we deserve to have the quality product that we paid for. But we're all not the same, so when buying a new product, PROCEED WITH CAUTION.****

With that being said, I saw some of the instagram photos of this mascara in action, and I, like many others, wanted to try it out. I was in luck! There was a women's convention I worked on (as a makeup artist), and they had a booth! I bought it on the spot, and was excited that I didn't have to pay shipping. I went home, eager to share this product with my friends on instagram video.

But when I tried it, it didn't go so well. It's not that hard to apply (mascara, gel, fibers, gel, add fibers and gel to your liking), but I found the gel took off most of the fibers I had added on, or shifted then to the tips of my lashes. I like to have volume on the roots and length on the tips with a bit of volume. Thing is, the fibers keep getting into my eyes, irritating them badly. In the end, I ended up with clumpy, furry looking lashes (every single eyelash was furry with fibers, and gel didn't help keep them down.)

I tired every trick to try to improve the application. I tried a lash comb, I switched to a different mascara wand to better apply the gel (the one they had is the standard wand; I used a thicker, defining wand), I tried just putting fibers on the roots, even tried without mascara underneath at all. Nothing helped. I was disappointed. It kept being a clumpy, furry mess. Like the tarantula legs people fear having on their eyes.

Luckily, I remembered there was a money back guarantee. So I ended up getting my money back, but still had to pay S&H. Instead of bashing the company by saying "they suck" outright, I offer them to make it a challenge and improve on the formula. And again, everyone is different. I've seen tarantula legs with this product, but I've also seen great results; I just got the former. So, I end this review by saying good luck, and PROCEED WITH CAUTION.

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2014 6:34:00 PM More reviews by rootedinlove

Let me start off by saying I am IN LOVE with this mascara! I get at least 5 people every day that ask me what mascara I use and/or tell me my eyelashes are long! It is well worth the money, I will definitely repurchase forever! **NOTE** If you have a problem with the fibers getting everywhere, I suggest using a layer of your favorite mascara not only under the fiber lashes but as a top coat as well. It works wonders. <3

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2014 2:33:00 PM More reviews by giat3718

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Hi I purchased the set of the younique lash masacara set and it works wonderfully. I was in th market of considering lash extensios not any more this product is amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2014 1:01:00 AM More reviews by kittypasa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It took me like three months to finally budge and buy this mascara. I am so very glad I did. I finally tried it after I saw a girl at the salon actually apply it while getting her hair done. Incredible results. I am definitely a makeup snob, and I was faithful to Lancome Definicils for years. The only negative thing is that I cannot wear the younique mascara at the office because they actually extend my lash, and consequently my lashes hit my the lens of my eyeglasses. But I cannot complain about that because the mascara is doing its job. It is my weekend and party mascara. I truly love it. Caveat: It takes some practice to get the hang of it, It took me like 2 or 3 times to apply it correctly.
*I am not affiliated with Younique

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2014 4:25:00 PM More reviews by MAChostage

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A friend of mine started selling these products and she really hyped this mascara. I was skeptical, even after seeing her pictures, which showed nothing amazing, but decided to bite the bullet to help her out. My overall impression of this product is that the end result is not impressive enough, especially considering the effort it takes to apply it. It is definitely not something you want to wear every day, unless you are very atypical and have that kind of time on your hands. This mascara also seems to work best when used with a volumizing type of mascara as your base coat -- and why should I even need a base coat of another mascara when I've just spent $30 on THIS one? The packaging, although very nice, is way over the top, IMO. I just want a great formula in a simple tube that works well, lengthening and separating. I don't have a need for an eyeglass case-type container for my mascara, really I don't. Now that I've tried this, fine. But I won't repurchase, that's for sure.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2014 6:38:00 AM More reviews by ljoudrey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I just recently started using this product and at first I had it everywhere... I made a huge mess, but the second time that I have used it, it turned out perfect. I love this stuff and I am very picky about mascara. I will definitely continue to use this product. It works wonders for my eye lashes! As long as you take your time applying this product - your eye lashes will look amazing.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/4/2014 2:50:00 AM More reviews by HBro

I tried Younique and got ok results but found it was quite gluggy and had come out of the tube when I opened packaging. It made a few of my lashes stick together so it looked like I had less but they were longer if that makes sense? The smell was quite potent and after wearing for only a little while found it irritated my eyes. It wasnt the fibers as they are natural green tea but I think the mascara as it was closer to my eyeball and nothing was in my eye. I have tried too faced and model co as well and hated the white fibers! I thought younique with black fibers would be better than it was. I tried Cherry Blooms as an alternative but paid almost double in price... I felt more comfortable wearing cherry blooms and it didnt make my lashes stick together - once it was dry it was dry all day and didnt move :) It uses beeswax so found it smelt alot better, no harmful ingredients and was removed easier. Younique gave me panda eyes in the shower where Cherry Blooms just slid off the lashes really easy! Would not buy younqiue again would rather spend more to get quality x

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2014 9:13:00 PM More reviews by AmosJay

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am a mascara addict. There are very brands that I have tried. I have been on the quest for the perfect mascara since I began wearing makeup 20 years ago. I LOVE this mascara. My lashes are so much longer and bolder. I get the best results. The application is different than what I was used to.. I watched a few YouTube videos to get the hang of it. As long as I apply it correctly I get fabulous results.