Alberto Vo5 Kiwi Lime Squeeze Clarifying Shampoo

4.4

Price: $

Price: $

Water (Aqua), Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Chloride, Ammonium Chloride, Actinidia Chinensis (Kiwi) Fruit Extract, Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Fruit Extract, Cymbopogon Schoenanthus Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Tocopheryl Acetate, Biotin, Thiamine HCI, Ascorbic Acid, Panthenol, Polysorbate 20, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Propylene Glycol, Benzophenone-4, Citric Acid, Tetrasodium EDTA, DMDM Hydantoin, Fragrance (Parfum), Blue 1 (CI 420990), Yellow 5 (CI-19140).

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is just the best clarifying shampoo. I picked it up for only $0.79 cents along with the matching conditioner. I used Suave Daily Clarifying Shampoo and Conditioner first. They worked well, but I prefer V05. I love the light fruity scent. It completely clarifies the hair in one wash without leaving it dry. And the gel formula lathers really well. I definitely have to condition after using this shampoo, but I would do that anyway. My hair actually feels lighter and a little thicker after washing with this. If you're a frequent shampooer like me, this is a nice shampoo to rotate with once or twice a week.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I like to use this a few times a month. I don't ever really feel the need to necessarily clarify, but I've heard it's good and I feel like hair gets a tiny bit of life for a while afterward. I like this one better versus Suave because I feel like Suave completely strips my hair of anything whatsoever and Suave shampoos make my hair fall out big time. I shampoo my hair twice a day, so I'll just use it one night, maybe paired with a conditioner

Just tried this for the first time in years. It smells really nice but not overpowering, lathers well, clears buildup off hair and leaves it very light. You absolutely need a conditioner afterward but I picture this as the perfect summer shampoo because of the fragrance and consistency.
I think they updated the formula because the ingredients list on the new pump bottles differs from that of the smaller containers. I love a simple cleanser; basic, effective, inexpensive, which produces abundant bubbles and doesn't leave gunky nastiness behind. One thing though: you might experience dry hair if you're used to creamy shampoos. You might feel like it's stripping your hair and in a way, it is. But hair picks up pollutants and soaks in styling oils, so the occasional super-cleansing is helpful.
That being said, if you have unusually oily skin, this will definitely cure the problem. Perfect for teenagers going through the awkward skin phase, and adults who can't use those heavy body/face washes that act like lotions with lather. I like those sometimes but other days, I prefer a more thorough cleansing.
EDIT: Been using for a few weeks now and I notice my hair stays so much cleaner longer. I could go without washing if I chose for a couple days. Pretty sure they changed the formula recently and now it's much better. The cleaning power seems to be jacked whereas the previous formula was a little less potent. LOVE THIS SHAMPOO!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Well what can I say...some things you just can't buy cheap, but for 79ยข this shampoo is a gem. I'm not sure if I would use this every day because it probably would dry out your hair over time...but it is FANTASTIC as a clarifier. My hair is curly but very fine and I unfortunately have to wash it every day or it looks oily especially around my ears. This washes away all traces of oil, dirt, and product buildup, and it smells lovely. My hair is squeaky clean and bouncy after washing with this. It couldn't be any worse for your hair than any other shampoo (Garnier, Pantene, Aussie). I mean at the end of the day, sulfates are what gets your scalp clean, which is what I want. So I vote yes for V05 shampoos...works for my hair and my budget.

I was skeptical about using a shampoo that costs 75 cents, but this has proven to be an amazing product.

I use this once a week or once every two weeks to remove product buildup or whenever my hair and scalp are extra oily.

Smells wonderful. Lathers nicely. Leaves my hair and scalp squeaky clean.

I only apply this directly to my scalp, as it contains SLS and I avoid using anything that contains that on my dry-ish, damaged ends.

I've noticed that when I use this in place of my regular shampoo (Organix), I can leave my hair unwashed for 2-3 days and it will still be clean (it usually starts to get oily the next day).

Overall, love this. One bottle lasts me a long time and at 75 cents to $1 at most, it's a steal.

Great product. Really leaves my hair feeling clean. Nice light scent. Does cause my hair to be a bit flat the day after using.

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Great strong smell. Others could still smell my hair by the end of the week. That's all that's great about it. It knotted up and dried out my 4b/c afro hair like i'd washed my hair with Ivory soap. Will never use it again.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

Oh god, I love this. I never tried clarifying shampoo before and decided to try it based on the reviews and because of the price (I bought it for 1.15 at CVS but saw it the next day for like 88 cents at Walmart, it's super cheap).

I remember the first time I tried this. I lathered it up in my hair and then as soon as I washed it out I felt the difference. My hair immediately felt weightless and healthier. I followed up with my Aussie moist conditioner and my hair felt amazing. Once it dried, my hair felt softer and was definitely less frizzy. It really just felt so weightless and healthy. Also, I love the smell.

I use it once a week, sometimes every 2 weeks. It's definitely going to last me a long time and when I need to repurchase I'll be happy to remember that it's so freakin cheap.

UPDATE 1-11-15: Still in love with this product. I only use it once a month now, though. I don't have that much build up in my hair as it is so I don't want to over clarify it. This still works like a charm! I'm still on my first bottle and I've barely put a dent in it. So affordable with such great quality.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

This clarifying shampoo (with sulfates) is a more like a gel, so it's not drippy. This is an effective clarifier that lathers quickly and rinses easily.

The cleansing action is too strong for my dry and sensitive scalp and short, dry, curly, color-treated hair so I dilute the shampoo half and half with distilled water. The diluted version just as effective as full strength, and less detergent means no irritation for me. (I've diluted other shampoos with equal success.)

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The Kiwi Lime Squeeze Ao5 shampoo is great to add to your regime if you're some who likes to rotate shampoo. I bought this at the local Family General b/c it was so dang cheap and I needed a good clarifying shampoo for my oily hair. It was great the first time I used it b/c it cleaned out all the residues from my hair left by other shampoos. The next few times...not so much. This shampoo will strip your hair and leave it dry if you forget to condition. I'll probably use it 1x per week to clean out my hair but it's not gentle enough for daily use.
That being said I HAD to give it 4 lippies b/c of the price and usefulness, at least for my hair. Smell is not bad either but nothing amazing. I am glad I found it b/c I haven't seen much clarifying shampoos around except for Neutrogena. I do like Neutrogena better but I couldn't justify paying a higher price.