April 17, 2014 | 1017 users online

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2013 1:45:00 AM More reviews by Marryam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this product!! I've been using it for years. Great as a mild acne cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2013 8:25:00 PM More reviews by spaceykatie

I have been changing cleansers for years, dermatologist prescriptions, high end OTC products, drugstore products, and I can't remember anything working better than this cleanser has worked for me. I use the whole system, this cleanser along with the sensitive skin acne toner and the acne clearing moisturizer. My skin is clear but not dry. When I do have hormonal breakouts this system quickly puts them under control. It works well at removing makeup. Overall I highly recommend this product!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/16/2013 12:04:00 AM More reviews by WoodlandDoll

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this at Walmart after eyeing it for years and reading its praises from skin care gurus around the web. I returned it because my initial instincts (that kept me from buying it for so long) were right - it irritated my skin and left it feeling tight and looking dull, just like Purpose's cleanser did a decade ago.

Ingredients: Water, peg-80, sorbitan laurate, sodium laureth sulfate, cocamidopropyl betaine, peg-150 distearate, sodium lauroampho pg-acetate phosphate, fragrance, quaternium-15, tetrasodium edta

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2013 11:11:00 AM More reviews by lucie0105

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is great! For $7, you may as well try it. This is the only beauty product that I purchase from a drugstore. I've tried tons of other expensive brands and they just do not work. Even Murad, which was supposedly great for sensitive skin gave me breakouts AND cystic pimples...something I never had in my life. I originally bought this product as a 'travel' cleanser...something I could leave in a bag in case I forgot my good stuff. It ended up that this would clear up my skin so I ditched everything else and just use this nice. Definitely worth a try.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2013 12:23:00 AM More reviews by javachip00

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My favorite cleanser so far is Boscia's Purifying Cleansing Gel, but it's pretty expensive. So I learned that this cleanser is just fine for me, and wayyy cheaper.

I used to think my skin was just acne-prone and oily and realized in the last couple years that I actually have very sensitive skin. So I started using products geared toward sensitive skin, and my face has gotten a lot clearer. In that routine change came Clean & Clear Foaming Facial Cleanser for Sensitive Skin. It's very inexpensive for what it does. It completely removes my makeup and doesn't irritate my skin. Can't go wrong with that!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/10/2013 10:52:00 PM More reviews by BeautyHaunt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This cleanser left my combination skin a little too tight and may have contributed to some breakouts. I'm amazed that this is rated so highly by Paula Begoun on beautypedia, especially since this has a high amount of sodium laureth sulfate, which is said to be highly irritating and clogging according to cosdna and a couple other ingredient-analyzing websites. I should have seen this coming. I remember disliking Purpose when I was in my teens, along with Johnson&Johnson's baby washes. Nice price and packaging, but I will stick to cleansers that do not have sodium laureth sulfate from now on.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2013 5:01:00 AM More reviews by UrbanObsession

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

After reading that this product is an exact dupe for my HG Purpose facial cleanser, I decided to give it a try! It works just as well, only it's $2 cheaper and contains more product. It smells faintly of chamomile flowers and bar soap, which may be irritating for those with very sensitive skin to fragrances. What I love about this product is it removes ALL my makeup without causing breakouts or redness. The reason why I took off one lippy is that it can be drying and leave skin flaky during these cold winter months. I counteract this by only using it once-a-day. Recommended for acne-prone gals like me who are on a budget!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2012 9:03:00 AM More reviews by skwass

This is my regular cleanser; I switched over from Purpose when I discovered that they have the same ingredients and are both made by J&J. This and Purpose are the exact same product save for the smell and the price. I generally like Purpose's packaging better, though. The pump is easier to use and the shape of the bottle fits in my bathroom better. Both this and the Purpose have bottles that leak somewhat, so if you leave it in your shower it can get diluted by the end, so just keep it out of the line of fire of the shower spray. I have very dry skin in the winter, otherwise it's generally combo. In the winter I find I can only use this at the very most once per day, but it's perfect in the summer. Cleans everything (except waterproof mascara; you'll need a makeup remover for that) and doesn't irritate. Bottom line: near-perfect basic cleanser, but could be drying for some people.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2012 5:00:00 PM More reviews by Zaiynab

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Today is the first time I've used it so I don't know whether or not I will buy again (put "no" for now, may change later if I like it). The pump was kind of annoying, took me a minute to try to push it down to get anything out, maybe it was stuck or locked.

I do like that it foamed up well in my hand with some water, and it got all the oil off my face, however my face was dry and tight after, so I put a bit of lotion on, and now my face stings. Maybe I will try using less of the product next time and hopefully get a better result. My face wasn't red after using it though so that's a plus. Can't say if it helps my acne any right now but later will edit my review when I've used it for a month or more maybe, when I'm due for more new pimples lol.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2012 9:49:00 PM More reviews by tdhx0

I love this cleanser. I removes my makeup and leaves my face feeling very clean without being left tight or dry. I follow up with toner then my moisturizer.