September 15, 2014 | 1816 users online

Cleansers - Clean & Clear - Foaming Facial Cleanser - Sensitive Skin

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 9/15/2013 4:02:00 PM More reviews by milipudding

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

I first got this because I started using retin-a and wanted a no nonsense basic gentle facial cleanser that wouldn't irritate my face further. I then read that this is almost the exact same as the Purpose facial cleanser, which is supposed to be gentle and good for acne-prone skin or something.

I actually went through a whole bottle of this stuff and I really thought it was a great cleanser. It took off my face makeup and my face just felt really clean afterwards. Then I tried several other cleansers and thought none of them were as good as this one. So I bought another bottle and brought it with me to grad school and big mistake.

Seriously, I had no problems with this cleanser when I was in Florida. I'm in New England now and it's getting quite cool and this cleanser is almost leaving a layer of white on my face because it is so drying :( I don't understand because I used to like this cleanser so much. I have to go find a more hydrating cleanser now... Also, I thought I had oily skin but now I'm not too sure...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2013 12:15:00 PM More reviews by xxhna

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Best overall cleanser I have ever tried. It cleanses off all my makeup well and does not irritate my sensitive skin. Inexpensive and comes with a pump. The price does not hurt either! They always have a coupon for a dollar off too.

note - I'm not sure if they stopped distributing this particular product in Walgreens, although the rest of the line is still there.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2013 11:41:00 PM More reviews by aspiecutie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Nice product OVERALL. I am not questioning its qualities as far as being a gentle inexpensive cleanser is concerned, but do yourself a favor and check out the fragrance before you buy.

It contains a mild chamomile scent that I really did not like. If you can overlook that, the fragrance is no cause for concern since it is only present in a small amount.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2013 9:52:00 PM More reviews by Davy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have very sensitive skin. Since using this product I have not experienced any reactions and I have not had any breakouts. The only issue is it leaves my skin a little dry but that's nothing your favorite moisturizer can't fix. I definitely repurchase this product and it's my favorite cleanser right now , might even be an HG.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2013 1:45:00 AM More reviews by Marryam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this product!! I've been using it for years. Great as a mild acne cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2013 8:25:00 PM More reviews by spaceykatie

I have been changing cleansers for years, dermatologist prescriptions, high end OTC products, drugstore products, and I can't remember anything working better than this cleanser has worked for me. I use the whole system, this cleanser along with the sensitive skin acne toner and the acne clearing moisturizer. My skin is clear but not dry. When I do have hormonal breakouts this system quickly puts them under control. It works well at removing makeup. Overall I highly recommend this product!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/16/2013 12:04:00 AM More reviews by WoodlandDoll

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this at Walmart after eyeing it for years and reading its praises from skin care gurus around the web. I returned it because my initial instincts (that kept me from buying it for so long) were right - it irritated my skin and left it feeling tight and looking dull, just like Purpose's cleanser did a decade ago.

Ingredients: Water, peg-80, sorbitan laurate, sodium laureth sulfate, cocamidopropyl betaine, peg-150 distearate, sodium lauroampho pg-acetate phosphate, fragrance, quaternium-15, tetrasodium edta

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2013 11:11:00 AM More reviews by lucie0105

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is great! For $7, you may as well try it. This is the only beauty product that I purchase from a drugstore. I've tried tons of other expensive brands and they just do not work. Even Murad, which was supposedly great for sensitive skin gave me breakouts AND cystic pimples...something I never had in my life. I originally bought this product as a 'travel' cleanser...something I could leave in a bag in case I forgot my good stuff. It ended up that this would clear up my skin so I ditched everything else and just use this nice. Definitely worth a try.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2013 12:23:00 AM More reviews by javachip00

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My favorite cleanser so far is Boscia's Purifying Cleansing Gel, but it's pretty expensive. So I learned that this cleanser is just fine for me, and wayyy cheaper.

I used to think my skin was just acne-prone and oily and realized in the last couple years that I actually have very sensitive skin. So I started using products geared toward sensitive skin, and my face has gotten a lot clearer. In that routine change came Clean & Clear Foaming Facial Cleanser for Sensitive Skin. It's very inexpensive for what it does. It completely removes my makeup and doesn't irritate my skin. Can't go wrong with that!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/10/2013 10:52:00 PM More reviews by BeautyHaunt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This cleanser left my combination skin a little too tight and may have contributed to some breakouts. I'm amazed that this is rated so highly by Paula Begoun on beautypedia, especially since this has a high amount of sodium laureth sulfate, which is said to be highly irritating and clogging according to cosdna and a couple other ingredient-analyzing websites. I should have seen this coming. I remember disliking Purpose when I was in my teens, along with Johnson&Johnson's baby washes. Nice price and packaging, but I will stick to cleansers that do not have sodium laureth sulfate from now on.