Rimmel Lasting Finish Matte by Kate Moss - 111 Kiss of Life

4.1

on 1/21/2014 12:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is a gorgeous orange red with lots of pigment. I took off one lippie bc I like lipsticks to have more stain to them than this one does. I will definitely be repurchasing - the tube I had fell out of my pocket never to be seen again. It's on my list next time I go to the store! Must replace. This is definitely a strong red, not for the faint of heart. It strikes me as being very old school glamorous. Love it!

on 12/12/2013 12:26:00 AM

This is quite an orangey-red. I like the colour and I find it quite long lasting. I do, however, have dry lips and I find that it highlights the cracks and wrinkles quite a lot. I don't regret the purchase and do wear it when I'm looking for an orangey red but I probably wouldn't buy it again.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Love this lipstick!! It's doesn't make my lips dry. Sometimes an inexpensive drugstore brand lipstick may have a bad smell to it. This one doesn't @ all. Love the design too!! I was looking for a mauve color. The one I purchased is 08. Can not remember the name. It was the exact shade I was looking for!! :)

on 8/6/2013 5:05:00 AM

OMG this colour is really terrible on me! Pale complexion (NC/NW20) hazel eyes and dark brown hair.

Looked wonderful in the tube but once applied it is very bright and very orange. And the smell... ewwww!!! Don't know how to describe it but it wasn't pleasant.

My girlfriend who was with me at the time told me to take it off immediately!

Unfortunate as I love Rimmel lipsticks, but this has to go back.

on 7/24/2013 9:36:00 PM

This is an orangy red, not a true red. But, I like that its matte and hardly fades through the day. Its pretty drying though. But I just use vaseline beforehand.

on 7/24/2013 7:11:00 PM

Holy grail red!! Don't think about it just get it. Lasts a long time, comfortable to wear, opaque in one coat, and buildable to a strong luxurious finish.

on 7/22/2013 3:09:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This is an AMAZING bright red for my skin tone (NC 42) and it goes on smoothly, is opaque, matt and doesn't make my teeth look yellow.

One lippie off because it requires reapplication, but maybe if I primed or lined my lips beforehand this wouldn't be an issue.
Love love love it otherwise though, it's made me so comfortable with a) wearing lipstick and b) wearing bright colours :)

on 7/16/2013 3:33:00 AM

Eyes: Violet

Great colour, long lasting, smooth texture - this lipstick is really amazing and affordable.
The lipstick also has a very subtle, pleasant fragrance :)
I would definitely purchase again.

This is a really pretty red (more on the side of orange rather than blue) that goes well with the yellow undertones in my skin. It is not as drying as I thought it would be since the formula is supposed to be matte. It is not as matte and drying as Revlon matte lipsticks, but still has a very velvety finish. It's one of my favorite lipsticks to date, even though I am more into natural colors. The smell is kind of like artificial grape (Zebra gum from childhood, if you remember), but it surprisingly doesn't bother me. I kind of like it. The packaging is really pretty too. The lipstick doesn't stay on that long if you are eating, but stays vibrant if you aren't. And I agree with the other reviews that it makes my teeth appear more white. It was around $4.50 at Target, which is really not bad. I would repurchase, since I think the perfect red lipstick is hard to come by.

on 6/21/2013 3:10:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I really like this lippie. It lasted through two meals and drinks and even the I barely had to touch up. It makes my teeth look whiter. The only reason I gave it a four was because it made my lips drier. The price was right. It was $4 and change. Chi-ching!

Popular Lipsticks