April 20, 2014 | 1656 users online

BB Cream - Clinique - Moisture Surge CC Cream SPF 30

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2014 2:02:00 AM More reviews by tabscarlon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The only reason I bought the CC Cream was because I saw all the adverting on it, and the colour range looked really good.

I am really fair and got the shade Very Light which is a perfect match. Which in normal foundation is really rare, so having this match so perfectly made me automatically love it.

I find it weird that some people say this doesn't offer a good coverage, as I find this offers a better coverage for me then a normal foundation. It does not cake up on me at all and it really does stop any redness or grey/ash areas on my face. It gives the skin a nice natural dewy finish. I find that my skin which is a dry combination work's really great with this CC Cream as I don't even powder over the top and I get no oily patches.

The best way to apply this cream is with a buffing brush. When I apply with my fingers it does go streaky. This product has defiantly saved me so much time in the mornings as there is no need for a primer, powder or sunscreen.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2014 10:36:00 AM More reviews by deamua

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

it was hard for me to find any cc or bb cream which can prevent me from breaking out. but the I try this product and it works just find. I definitely would buy this again.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2014 11:40:00 AM More reviews by Hlp92

Love this product gives amazing dewy glow when first applied and sets in to skin nicely I use this everyday as I find a foundation is way to cakey and heavy for the day . Wish there was more of a colour selection though but Will defs be repurchasing !

rated 3 of 5 on 2/9/2014 9:29:00 PM More reviews by Bridget55

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

A decent product but too dry in winter for mature skin and not a lot of color choices. Very light runs pale and yellow, and light is a lovely neutral but several shades darker and too deep alas for my pale winter complexion. Maybe suitable for summer use.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/6/2014 5:43:00 AM More reviews by airkoy

Good for everyday use. I just apply this after moisturizing and a blush after. No need for powder as it gives off a matte finish.
Not for night time use though as it gives minimal coverage.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/22/2014 2:24:00 PM More reviews by upiswhat

I'm not a huge fan of this product, but I'm using it until it runs out. I wanted something slightly heavier than a tinted moisturizer, but I also wanted it to be light enough that I could wear during the day time and not look like I'm wearing makeup (I hate the cakey look sooo much).

This is not very moisturizing at all. It worked OK in the summer, but now that it's winter, I need to apply this with a damp sponge. In fact, that's the ONLY way I'll apply this - otherwise the coverage is too heavy and it doesn't blend well. I've tried using a foundation brush, my finger, and a stippling brush with poor results.

I will not repurchase this when I'm finished because I'm sure there's more out there, and it's pretty expensive.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2014 6:52:00 PM More reviews by missykeyana

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was excited to buy this CC cream in the darkest shade. It seemed to match well, evened my skin, and stayed in place. However, I would be so oily. I tolerated it though and just blotted throughout the day. Then, one day, I looked at myself in my car mirror and I looked like I had blush all over my face.

The shade was too pink for my skintone, and that was the last straw. Back to the store it went.

Now I'm using Clinique Even Better in Golden and it is the best color match I've ever tried for my skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/14/2014 8:53:00 AM More reviews by kitchensink01

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I still don't get CC creams. I got a generous sample of Light shade from a helpful Clinique SA. I have been using La Roche Posay Uvidea BB cream and quite like it. Since CC creams offer more coverage, I decided to try it. The Clinique CC cream is thicker and harder to apply than the LRP BB cream and Dior Nude foundation. I applied it over the moisture surge extended relief gel moisturiser. It takes ages to blend using my fingers and there were still splotches. I had to use a sponge to blend it out. If I have to go to the trouble of using tools other than my fingers, I might as well use my foundation which gives a better finish and the shade fits me way better than this CC cream. It made my face shiny (too much dewiness) and I needed to use powder to tone it down. When I sweat, it can slide off my face as well. The colour is too pink for my yellow Asian skin tone. Again, why bother? I gave 3 stars because it does even the skin tone IF the shade matches and it did last quite a while on the face.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2014 1:51:00 AM More reviews by outdoorsgal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I got a sample from Sephora when I put in an order online and I was so impressed that I got a full size. My skin loves this CC cream, especially with this winter weather. I think it would be too heavy to use in the summer when my skin is oilier so it will be a seasonal product. Fwiw, my skin type is normal/combo, slightly dry in the winter and normal/combo, slightly oily in the summer.

Initially I scoffed at the idea of CC creams because they're another marketing ploy to cash in on the BB cream craze. This is the only CC cream I've tried so I can't compare it to the others on the market and in all honesty, I don't want to try others.

As other reviewers have mentioned, the consistency is a bit heavy so a little goes a long way. If you're looking for good coverage, this product isn't for you. To me, this CC cream is a bit heavier than a tinted moisturizer but lighter than foundation. If you have red acne marks, definitely use concealer to cover those before applying the CC cream.

I use just a dollop of the CC cream and with a flat foundation brush, I swipe it on my cheeks mainly with just a bit on my chin and forehead. (they've got concealer already)
I take my Sephora #45 brush to buff in the cream and then finish off with my MAC SF powder foundation. The result is a smooth, dewy and polished look.
I do have to touch up a couple of times during the day but I'm willing to deal with that in the cold months. The staying power is decent and I think it's because I finish off with a powder foundation.

I'd recommend this CC cream for normal to dry skin types who want a light, dewy finish.
I do not recommend it if your skin is on the oilier side or if you want medium to full coverage.
The colour selection is limited, especially for darker skin tones.

Well done Clinique and a definite repurchase.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2013 4:52:00 AM More reviews by aznmnkygrl808

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I picked up a sample size of this as a 100 point product from sephora. It's too thick and greasy for me. I gave it time to set on my skin before applying my foundation and I did not like the texture and result. I have combo/oily skin so this didn't work with my skin type. Thank god I didn't purchase the full size.