Fresh Sugar Lip treatment SPF15 Petal

4.2

on 12/17/2013 6:51:00 PM

This is the 1st Fresh Lip Treatment where I will purchase the full size. This is the best MLBB colour I have used in a long time, and it is super pigmented! The formula is buttery soft and has a pink lemonaide scent to me. It doesn't dry my lips at all in fact they feel super moisturized. Also the colour Petal is a little darker than my lips. NW15-20, N1 for reference and this shade really goes well with my complexion. The tube is excellent because it keeps unwanted things out it stores great in my bag, and I can apply it without a mirror. Really great shade that you should really give this a try. Recommended!

on 12/17/2013 6:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

LOVE THIS! This is a perfect natural lip color. It is so hard to find a gloss in a good color that actually moisturizes and has SPF! These are pretty pricey, but I try to buy them when Sephora has a sale. Besides the color, they feel absolutely great going on, taste and smell good, and I also like the unique packaging. The fact that it screws together is cool. Anyway, I will probably be wearing this one for life! HG!

on 11/24/2013 3:06:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Of all the Fresh balms I have tried, this one is my favorite! This is a perfect MLBB color for me. I received a mini in a sample pack from Sephora and it has been my "natural look go-to" ever since. It is also very moisturizing. As soon as I run out of this, I am going to run out and buy the full size.

on 11/15/2013 3:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This is much more pigmented than I expected. I was hoping for a very sheer amount of color and this almost has as much as a semi-opaque lipstick, especially when swiped on in a couple layers. I'm not sure if that's something to complain over but I was hoping for less color. I'm very pale and when I want to grab this for a natural, on-the-go look I don't necessarily want a noticeable amount of color. Just a hint would have been more ideal, at least for my needs. But it is a pretty, neutral medium pink with a touch of brown that seems as though it would suit so many skin tones.

It smells amazing of course, like sweet sugary lemons and it makes me want to keep reapply just to get a whiff of it. The texture is the holy grail of lip balm textures as far as I'm concerned. Thick enough to last for awhile but soft, cushy, and buttery feeling with some slip. There's a soft healthy sheen too. And the spy is ideal. I wish more brands would add spf to their lip products. Sturdy packaging that screws on tightly so there's no chance of it opening and creating a mess while in a purse. As others have said it is on the softer side so it won't hold up well in warmer temps.

All in all a fantastic product and I have and would buy again.

on 11/5/2013 9:31:00 AM

Fresh Sugar Rose is my absolute favorite lip product, so I was really excited to see this new shade. Haven't had much luck with the other tinted Fresh balms (Honey, Berry, Passion) and was looking for a nice nude-pink shade. Unfortunately Petal isn't half as moisturizing as Sugar Rose (I actually had flakes on my lips at the end of the day), and the texture is much thicker and less glossy, more like a lipstick than a balm. And after a day of reapplying cos my lips kept feeling dry, I got home to find that my lips were stained a deep rose shade. The color intensifies if you reapply, which wasn't what I was looking for. Think I'll stick to just the Sugar Rose from now on.

on 11/2/2013 2:23:00 PM

Holy Grail for me. 5 stars.
I can't wear any lipstick since my lips are so chronically dry. Lipstick just makes a flaky mess of them. So, after taking, oh, 20 years to figure this out, I moved to liplosses only - which just don't last long and are too shiny. Was shown this in Sephora and bought it based on the reviews here. I have been using for about 4 months now.
Moisturizing with a beautiful colour - that stays. No flakiness whatsoever. The Petal is a nice natural pink on me - 'warm', like someone else said. Not too light, not too dark. Will purchase again for sure.

on 10/13/2013 10:46:00 PM

I think this is the most natural and understated Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment. I own four of them (Honey, Rose, and Coral), but this is by far the most flattering for everyday wear. The scent is delicious, reminiscent of lemon sugar. The product glides on smoothly and is super moisturizing. A bonus is that this is pretty long-lasting without drying out your lips. This is easily a five-star product.

on 9/5/2013 8:50:00 AM

I love the sweet citrusy scent of these Fresh balms, even if they don't keep my dry, cracked lips moisturized for long. Petal is a beautiful MLBB neutral pink shade which is very wearable against my NC10-15 skin. The pigmentation of this balm is actually quite good, and the color lasts quite a while on my lips.

I love the packaging also, the lid screws on so it can't come loose in your bag. I would buy this color again, and I am considering buying some more colors in this range. I just wish the price wasn't so high!

on 7/23/2013 10:54:00 PM

I like this shade and the fact that it does give my lips moisture. But, I have lip balms that are equally as good for wayyy cheaper. But I like the peachy pink color and it gives my face some warmth and life

on 7/17/2013 1:30:00 PM

Petal is a warm-toned, natural-looking peachy-pink (NOT a pale mauve like the case). It's perfect for my coloring. Love that it has avobenzone for UVA protection. It's getting much harder to find lip colors with this even though lip melanoma is getting more common. This lasts pretty well for me. I use this when my lips are in good shape and theBalm's Balmshelter gloss in Uptown Girl when I need more moisture. They are almost identical shades if that helps anyone.

Popular Lip Treatments