September 30, 2014 | 1758 users online

Moisturizers - Avene - Rich Hydrating Cream - Hydrance Optimale Riche

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2012 5:40:00 AM More reviews by Curcan

I've tried many, and i love this. My skin seems to like too, it doesn't turn red after applying it. and it hydrates pretty well, it feels nice, etc, etc. Im buying again. Oh and i didnt break me out :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2012 12:45:00 PM More reviews by prairiegirl80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The only thing that gets me through the harsh Canadian winter. It leaves my skin smooth and supple. My only complaint is the fragrance. Although it doesn't irritate my skin (and I have VERY sensitive skin), I really don't see the need for fragrance...

** After a few months of using this product, I switched back to my Cetaphil moisturizer. I think the fragrance was irritating my skin!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2012 11:16:00 AM More reviews by dandellion

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Blue

My favorite moisturizer. I have sensitive, dry and very acne-prone skin, this has caused no problems and calmed down the redness on my skin. It hydrates very well but it is definitely not greasy. Very recommended!:)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2012 10:07:00 AM More reviews by Sweryn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this. It's a very nice moisturizer, easy to use and very hydrating. I used this in the spf20 version. However, I stopped using it because I wanted a moisturizer with a higher spf. Overall it's a good product though. I really really like Avène products.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/23/2012 3:38:00 PM More reviews by pinkisthecolorofpassion

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have horribly dehydrated skin, extremely rough and dry, to the point of being very uncomfortable. Most days my face feels so dry not just to the touch, but so dry it's uncomfortable and has this persistent 'taught' and completely dehydrated sensation, like when you have cracked or horribly dry skin elsewhere and it's so dry and irritated, you're constantly aware of it on a mental, conscience level (versus just when you see or touch an area of dry skin). This moisturizer felt like dried out play-doh on the outside and then when rubbed in my fingers before applying, gave way to a creamier texture inside. That outer grainy feel, as if it dispenses with some dried out silicone coating, reminds me of products in the Paula's Choice line and is definitely not something someone with extremely dry skin wants to encounter.

Its only good point? It's in a squeeze tube that is made of thicker, colored plastic so it's rather well protected from sunlight and bacteria when dispensing the product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2012 8:11:00 PM More reviews by signemarie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Really nice hydrating moisturiser for daytime. Doesn't break me out, moisturises thoroughly, doesn't clog pores and does not irritate (even though it has fragrance).

I was told by my pharmacist that Avène guarantees that their product will not cause an allergic reactions (I don't know how they could, but that's what she said) and that they offer a full refund if you return the product to where you got it. I don't know it that's how it works everywhere, but thought I'd add it to those of you, who had a reaction to their products.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2012 12:01:00 AM More reviews by FaceofMaleah

This product has been a life saver for my very dry sensitive skin. Just to give you an idea of how dry my skin is, the skin all over my face peels off constantly. My face is usually one dry patch of peeling skin regardless of how much i moisturize or care for my skin. This product is so amazing that on my second day using it, my dry patches were decreased by a whole 50%, it blew my mind! After 3 months of having used this product I think its safe for me to say that this is the best facial moisturizer for dry skin. It keeps my skin extremely hydrated and dry spot/ peeled skin free and does not make me oily at all. I do have acne prone skin as well as I do tend to get breakouts and with this product I have noticed neither an increase or decrease in the amount of acne I have. I have used this product at night and during the day, under makeup and it seems to perform perfectly at all times. If you have dry, peeling, and sensitive skin I highly recommend giving this a try!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2012 12:23:00 PM More reviews by sharenb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have acne-prone skin so I am constantly using harsh creams to keep the acne at bay and obviously this is extremely drying to my skin even though it is quite oily all the time. I am usually VERY hesitant to using these types of intensive creams because the grease usually makes me break out. Surprisingly I have not experienced a single break out from using this, which has been about two years now. It provides instant relief for my skin and might sometimes burn depending on how dry my skin is (but it is tolerable). I use it as a night cream, every other night. I wouldn't use it as a daily or day wear moisturizer because it is very greasy and does make your face look greasy, but who cares since I am using it at night.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2011 7:08:00 PM More reviews by juicy70

Love love love this moisturizer. I was having problems with moisturizer 'quitting' on me during the day and leaving behind painful dry skin patches. This one lasts all day, leaving skin smooth and no residue. I don't like SS creams, prefer to get SPF protection in MMU so this cream is perfect for me. I use this every morning and Eluage products at night. Avene is such a great brand.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2011 4:34:00 AM More reviews by Amie83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have extremely fair, sensitive combi skin and live in tropical climate so its hot and humid outside, and dry and cold inside due to the constant airconditioning. Adult acne breakouts, redness and dry skin which causes my frown lines to stick out more than necessary are my main problems! I have tried a whole lot of products; Clinique - broke me out, Olay regerist - I wanted to love this but my skin had a disastruous reaction to this and I had to see a derm, Origins - am too sensitive and many of the plant extracts irritated my skin etc.. I have used Avene in the past, but somehow got bored with the range and felt that I had to use too many different products (Eluage, serum, Ystheal) essentially I felt confused and conned and decided to stop using the range. Am currently using Vichy Aqualia Thermal SPF15 for daytime use, Vichy CxP serum underneath both day and night, and have started using this Avene cream again. All I can say is that this cream calms my skin, gives it a fantastic glow and healthy appearance and is alltogether a very priceworty and awesome cream! Wouldnt go for the whole Avene range again, but will stick with this cream.