Avene Rich Hydrating Cream - Hydrance Optimale Richeá

4.1

Water - Mineral Oil - Glycerin - PPG-15 Stearyl Ether - Cyclomethicone - Cetearyl Alcohol - Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil - Glyceryl Stearate - PEG-100 Stearate - Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter - Cetearyl Glucoside -Benzoic Acid - Beta Sitosterol- BHT - C13-14 Isoparaffin - Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride - Chlorphenesin - Disodium EDTA - Fragrance - Glycine Soja (Soybean) Extract - Hydrogenated Coco Glycerides - Laureth-7 - Phenoxyethanol - Poloxamer 188 - Polyacrylamide - Sodium Chondroitin Sulfate - Sodium Hydroxide - Xanthan Gum

on 4/11/2013 11:46:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I have very, very dry and sensitive skin and was looking for a product to replace my Chanel Beaute Initiale moisturizer, which has been discontinued. My review in short: I'm still looking.

The long answer:

I give this a 3 overall - I wouldn't mind using it again, but it wasn't a particular joy to use. As with other Avene products, it felt high-quality and reliable, but this wasn't anything special. It isn't exorbitantly expensive off the bat, but it doesn't last very long.

The texture of the cream felt pleasant at first, but I found that it sat on my skin - it is, as described, very rich. I don't wear much makeup, but I would guess that for someone who does, it might be a bit greasy.

I love the packaging - that is, frankly, a large attraction of the brand for me. The tube was just the right size for putting in my bag or even a pocket. Two caveats: it's a squeeze tube, which feels a little bit less than perfectly sanitary, but that's not such a big deal. It's not for delivering intravenous drugs or anything. Also, after you're about halfway through the tube, it gets a little bit difficult to make the lotion come out.

If this product cost 3/4 the price, I would probably buy it again.

on 3/6/2013 10:44:00 AM

It's the worst moisturiser I've ever used. As soon as I applied it, my face started burning. I had to wash it off my face right away. Something in it irritated my skin badly. It is supposed to be for sensitive skin. I use korres products that don't irritate skin, although some natural ingredients get to blame for irritation. Anyway I had to throw it and I had paid almost 20 euros for it.

on 1/12/2013 10:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

The rich cream moisturizes my Nordic winter skin well during the winter months (right away) and does not make me break out.

Will re-purchase!

on 1/3/2013 8:57:00 PM

I love this so much!!
I'm on acne medication is my skin is extremely dry. I used to wear the AvŔne LÚgŔre moisturizer but then I switched to this.

It leaves my skin hydrated and I feel like it calms my really sensitive skin.
Do NOT use this underneath your foundation though because it will get flakey and kinda crumble up.

Definitely is one of my must haves for winter!

on 12/27/2012 8:02:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I have very sensitive skin to the point where I am allergic to pretty much every brand of skin care. For the past few months my skin was more sensitive than ever; constantly sore, red, itchy and flaky and i stopped wearing foundation aswell because it looked terrible when my skin was so flaky and dry. I bought this at Priceline after hearing it was made especially for sensitive skin. I used it once and the next day my skin had improved literally overnight! The soreness, redness,itchiness and flakiness was gone. My skin was abit oily around my t-zone (unusual for me) but I think that is just because I applied too much. I just washed my face with water a few times and the oiliness was gone. Ever since I have used it ( about a week ago-and I only used it that one time) my skin is sooo much better. It looks so much better-not red at all and smooth looking and feels so soft. I don't have that constant sore burning feeling anymore and it's like my skin type changed overnight from dry/sensitive to normal. I also didn't get any bad reaction to this product like I do with most moisturisers. I would recommend this to anyone with very sensitive skin! It is basically an immediate fix! But I definitely think it is too thick to be an everyday moisturiser ( I think I will use the light version for that) but more of an intense relief cream when your skin is very sore and dry.

on 12/15/2012 3:41:00 AM

This is fast becoming my new HG moisturiser even though I'm a diehard Cetaphil lover.

My Mum gave me a sample of this that she got from her dermatologist which I've been using for about a week now.

All I can say is WOW! I have dry/combo skin which is made drier from using benzoyl peroxide and AHA, and usually when I wake up in the morning my skin is quite greasy from putting on Cetaphil the night before. This moisturiser doesn't make my skin greasy at all!

So not only does this give me a more matte finish than Cetaphil, I also believe that it makes my skin feel a LOT smoother.

Non-greasy finish plus soft, supple skin = very happy me.

I took off a lippie for the price; here in Australia it's about $48! Thank god for eBay. ;)

on 8/1/2012 5:40:00 AM

I've tried many, and i love this. My skin seems to like too, it doesn't turn red after applying it. and it hydrates pretty well, it feels nice, etc, etc. Im buying again. Oh and i didnt break me out :)

on 7/30/2012 12:45:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The only thing that gets me through the harsh Canadian winter. It leaves my skin smooth and supple. My only complaint is the fragrance. Although it doesn't irritate my skin (and I have VERY sensitive skin), I really don't see the need for fragrance...

** After a few months of using this product, I switched back to my Cetaphil moisturizer. I think the fragrance was irritating my skin!

on 6/12/2012 11:16:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

My favorite moisturizer. I have sensitive, dry and very acne-prone skin, this has caused no problems and calmed down the redness on my skin. It hydrates very well but it is definitely not greasy. Very recommended!:)

on 6/12/2012 10:07:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

I like this. It's a very nice moisturizer, easy to use and very hydrating. I used this in the spf20 version. However, I stopped using it because I wanted a moisturizer with a higher spf. Overall it's a good product though. I really really like AvŔne products.

Popular Moisturizers