Avene Thermal Water

4.2

Bicarbonate 226.7 mg/l, Silica 10.6 mg/l, Calcium 42.7 mg/l, Magnesium 21.2 mg/l, Selenium <5 microgr/l, Zinc 20 microgr/l, Copper <5 microgr/l. Dry residue mineral content 207 mg/l. Neutral pH 7.5

I used to be a skeptic. It's just water, I thought. Why spend so much on just water?

Then I suffered a bout of dry, cracked skin while in the UK. A friend recommended this and I picked it up at Boots, desperate to cure my painfully cracked cheeks.

Immediately upon application, the hot, burning sensation I've been experiencing for over two weeks stopped, and this eventually helped heal my irritated skin too.

A miracle water indeed, but then I stopped buying it as my skin stopped acting up until recently, when a random dry patch of skin popped up overnight on my left cheek.

I repurchased this, and found another surprisingly good use for this product! I've started using facial oils, and have been buying rather expensive facial mists (Melvita, MV Skincare and Mario Badescu) to go with them. Since I have a massive can of Avene Thermal Water Spray with me, I thought I'd use it with the facial oil and see how it fared.

And boy did it work wonderfully! The soothing properties in this thermal water really envelopes and comforts my skin, and I have to say it works much better than any face mist I've tried!

Looks like this product will be a skincare staple from now on!

Although this is touted for the "face" I don't use it for that. I have naturally curly hair; the type that looks BETTER after being out in the rain. I know that unadulterated water makes my hair look better. Enter Avene Thermal Water. I got a sample in my Birchbox a couple weeks ago and have been using it on my hair as a "finisher" when I'm completely done styling. I have curls that are a bit larger than some curly girls, but after using this stuff on my hair, my curls are small and much tighter. This stuff makes them look phenomenal. I know some were complaining about this being "water in a can" but it's absolutely PERFECT water for a finisher for my curly hair. If you are a "curly girl", you might want to try it yourself. :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I received a sample of this in my October Birchbox. I definitely wouldn't pay full price for a spray can of water. It feels cooling on my face, but doesn't all water? And wouldn't a spray bottle of Fiji or other mineral water be just as good? I don't get the hype.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have very sensitive, acne prone skin, it can be difficult for me to try out different products because my skin will burn and turn bright red, even with products designed for "sensitive skin". Though this is just glorified water in a can and is a little pricey, this soothes the stinging and redness better than anything I've tried before (even aloe vera gel stings me!) After removing a clay mask that aggravated my skin, I sprayed this on and the relief was immediate , and within a few minutes the redness had subsided! I'll definitely be keeping a small can of this handy for future mishaps :)

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

There’s no tangible aesthetic difference when using this expensive water, which can lead to disappointment for some. However, I’ve always had extremely sensitive skin, which would break out and react from almost everything. This is miracle water for me as it has normalised my skin and lowered its sensitivity considerably. I no longer get scared to try out new foundations, powders, and skincare. This is now an important step in my skin care - I spray it on my face right after washing and before makeup. Can’t live without this!

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Todo expensive...I dont ser significant results

I love this product! Really helps with redness and I love putting it over my makeup as a setting spray, also really good for travel when your skin starts to dry out from the air con! Just a little spritz and your face feel refreshed and moisturised

4 Months after the purchase of Avene's Thermal Spring Water, I had another cycle of major breakouts (my skin seem to have good and bad phases). I usually only use it after I wash my face which is probably why I haven't seen much of a difference in the first 4 months. But after being in a bad phase for more than 5 months, I was desperate for a cure and began to spray the Thermal Spring Water on my face religiously.

I would take the giant 300ml bottle with me everywhere and spray it on my face every half an hour or so and let it dry naturally. I did that for about 2 days, and the results were surprisingly good! Not only did I stop looking like a oven roasted pig, my hyper-pigmentation were almost none existent.

Aside from the scar marks and pimples that are still on my face, the skin surrounding it was completely normal. My boyfriend also agrees that my overall complexion was a lot better.

Pros
- Soothes and softens irritated skin, reduces hyper-pigmentation significantly
- Sprays a fine mist that is actually soothing
- The spray bottle does a good job at spreading the mist evenly so that you don't need to use your hands
- Very refreshing and reduces oil

Cons
- It is definitely on the more expensive side
- It comes in smaller sizes, but it is probably less worth it compared to larger packages
- It could potentially dry out your skin

I have a full review about Avene's Thermal Spring Water on my blog! Check it out if you would like to learn more!! looking forward to seeing you on my blog :)

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This product is amazing, and I totally in love with this! However, the price is a little bit too high for just water filled in a can. Still, I recommend this for anyone who exercise often or anyone who lives in hot climate and want some refreshing. My tip is store this thermal water in the fridge and use whenever is needed! I would definitely purchase this product again.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This face must is amazing! It's great for sensitive skin, and there is no special ingredients but thermal water. However though, I find it a little bit too expensive for just water! Anyways, I really suggest this product to people out there who play sports or has sensitive skin. It's very refreshing, especially when you refrigerate it!

Popular Face Skincare Products