NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer

4.2

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I've had this concealer for about a year now, and I'm not in love with it. I've used it through multiple foundations because the color match in Chantilly is hard to beat for me.

But I don't love this concealer and I'd not repurchase it, given the option.

It's a medium-to-full coverage concealer that comes in doe-foot applicator form. It's available in a wide variety of shades and it works to conceal blemishes and under-eyes fairly well. I found Chantilly did a solid job at neutralizing the purple in my under eyes on its own.

I don't have many blemishes, so the majority of use on this product was used for under-eye concealing. The way I applied it was using the doe-foot to dab along the bags under my eyes and then go back with my ring finger and lightly dab it in. Once it's on, I seal the deal with foundation and then lightly dust translucent powder over it.

At the end of the day, I noticed it made my under-eyes look much more haggard than if I'd worn nothing at all. It creased and settled into fine lines I didn't even know existed. It worked OK on blemishes when I used them; certainly, it concealed, but it made my skin look much more dried out.

For me, I think this isn't compatible with my drier skin. It has excellent coverage and lasts fairly well, but this isn't the concealer I'm looking for.

(P.S. I've heard tell for those trying to use up every little drop, if you remove the stopper, it's much easier to get the last little bits of product out!)

Pros:

- Medium-to-full coverage (for those that prefer it)
- Available in a wide variety of shades
- Solid at neutralizing purple
- Works on under-eyes as well as blemishes

Cons:

- Emphasizes fine lines
- Creases
- A bit too drying
- Packaging prevents you from getting all of the product

Been trying a few brands out there and I think this is perfect ! Not too dry and blends really well

Been trying various concealers over the years, most of which were Japanese, and I have to admit, I like the NARS a lot better than the others I've used. The only one that I compared that I used to like was a Maybelline one that I think is already discontinued. I'm around MAC NC20ish and I bought this in Vanilla and Honey - tone and shade wise i'm closer to Vanilla but Vanilla's just a smidgen light - it works well for brightening and highlighting. What I normally do is take a dab of both shades and mix them for most of the areas on my face. Honey is dramatically darker compared to Vanilla and has more of an orange peach undertone (Vanilla's got a pink undertone). It's possible that what I should've grabbed was Custard (as from online swatches it occurs to me that Honey is kind of in an odd place in the color range as it's actually darker than Custard but Custard has a yellow undertone and Vanilla has pink undertone, while Honey has like this peachy undertone instead), but the nice thing about having Honey is that when mixed with Vanilla, I can adjust the shade as I see fit over the year during summer and winter as my skin gets darker or lighter. The peach undertone also helps with undereye brightening.

What I really like about this concealer is that it's smoother and blends better than most of the concealers I've used in the past, yet still have really excellent coverage. I didn't have any creasing problems and it rarely cakes even when I accidentally applied a bit more than I should've. Still shouldn't cake it on, but it's certainly one of the better and more blendable concealers I've tried that isn't too sheer.

the price is quite hefty unfortunately and it's extra unfortunate that I essentially need two shades (Custard is still too dark for me) to get the right shade, but since I really need very tiny amount (plus I don't need to use it every day), and the tube caps are very secure, I expect to use this for years and years.

Overall this is an excellent product and I think most people should be very happy with it, especially if you get it from places like Sephora or Nordstrom so that you can return it if it turns out to not work for you.

This is hands down my favorite concealer or the one I reach for the most. I'm a Monte Blanc in Sheer Glow, blonde hair, green eyes, and Chantilly is a perfect shade for me. It covers the occasional spot really well. Without caking up at all and all I need is a little dab. I also use it under my eyes to brighten and cover some minor bluing and this with the elf under eye primer is perfect! I set with Laura Merciers Secret Brightening Powder and I'm set. Truly a great concealer because as others have said its so creamy and pigmented. For the money I would buy it again because I can't find anything I like better. I have other products HE to DS and this is the best for me and my skin needs. Great product! Recommended.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I finally bought this concealer after watching/ reading several reviews that raved about this product. I admit it's a better concealer than Maybelline's Fit Me concealer and the shade Custard matches my skin tone perfectly so that's a plus. What I didn't like about the concealer (other than its hefty price tag) is the creasing. This creases under your eyes and settles into the fine lines like any other concealer! A little goes a long way, but this concealer must be set with a powder under the eyes or else you'll look funny with all those creases at the end of the day. I dust a little bit of Laura Mercier's Translucent Powder on top of the applied concealer and everything stays put for 6-8 hours (that's a miracle for oily skinned ladies.) This is also a good concealer at covering brown hued acne scars because the coverage is intense. Overall, I say it's worth the splurge if you can't find anything better in the drugstore.

Pros:
- Medium/ Full coverage concealer
- Doesn't require a lot of product
- Sleek, classic Nars packaging
- Color range is decent
- Smooth skin-like texture (not scaly or cakey looking if you don't overload)
- Long wearing compared to most concealers
- creamy consistency is easy to blend if you use a small amount

Cons:
- Pricy for the amount you get
- Can't conceal REALLY dark circles on its own (would need a corrector + brightening under eye powder)

Honestly..it's a pretty good concealer, I won't lie. However, I do think that I expected too much from all the awesome reviews it got. This concealer is very indeed creamy, it doesn't really crease too bad for me. But it doesn't last very long for my liking. I expected this (for the price) to last me all day without it fading in color, and it faded for me within a couple of hours. I was disappointed. I got this as a gift, thank god, so I probably won't re-buy this. I would honestly just rather purchase the Maybelline Fit Me Concealer because I do think these have similarities. The color choices are much better for NARS.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I bought this concealer to cover under eye shadows AND blemishes - I'm pale so my shadows are intense. I purchased the lightest shade 'Chantilly', which turned out to be almost white - suitable for extremely pale, cool Alabaster skin tones. The texture is very thick and it settled heavily into my under eye area, exaggerating creases and lines - it felt heavy on my skin, and a little went a very long way.
However, the texture is great for covering blemishes - I've since repurchased in shade 'Vanilla' (I'm a pale red head with yellow undertones), and it does the job well. I'd rather have one concealer for eyes and face, but with under eye wrinkles and blemish prone skin it feels like a compromise, so I've invested in Chantacaille Camoflague Stylo for my eyes and the Nars one for my face - which is expensive, but worth it.

Love this. Since I use concealer mainly for my under eyes I was a bit sceptical of this concealer since it seemed quite thick, and thick concealers have a tendency to crease more under the eyes on me. I was previously using rimmels match perfection which I had been sticking to for about a year but recently it hadn't been providing enough coverage for me so I decided to splash out and go for this. it goes nice on the skin and provides good coverage, for both spots and under eyes. It doesn't crease at all and has excellent staying power. I've found it applies best with a dabbing motion using your fingers. Overall very pleased!
The nars girl matched me in vanilla which is quite pink toned. Since its mainly for the under eye area I will be getting it in a more yellow toned shade when I repurchase
EDIT: forgot to mention, a lot of people say that the maybelline fit me concealer is a dupe for this. I have both, and while fit me is a decent concealer the nars creamy concealer is a lot thicker, more pigmented and has better staying power!

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I've wanted to try this for so long and it did not disappoint! For me personally, I've found that the concealer names and brands that are very popular work great for me, as I found with the hugely popular MAC Pro Longwear concealer and others. This was the same.

It is so brightening that even though it doesn't fully cover dark circles, and mine are quite noticeable, it makes you look so so awake and blends beautifully in. This DOESN'T crease on my under eye provided I moisturise well beforehand but ugh the finish is just beautiful. I have this in the shade custard because I like my under eye concealers to be really yellow toned and this is perfect - I use Stromboli in NARS for reference although I am kind of halfway between punjab and stromboli, leaning a lot more yellow, so I do mix my NARS with a lighter foundation.

My only issue - it doesn't last on my skin as long as I'd like it too and I never feel comfortable with touching up concealer as I find it goes cakey etc.

i've gone through soo many of these. holy grail concealer for the under eye!! it brightens and covers so beautifully, and the consistency is amazing. it's really creamy but not sticky or goopy. i wouldn't use this on dry spots bc it emphasizes them, but it works really well on normal skin. i have some discoloration on my cheek so i'll put some of this on there and it helps to even everything out while covering well. i recommend this to everyone, but it does finish fairly quickly. and these don't come very cheap :( eh. also, packaging loses a lippie bc the applicator misses a lot of product once you're nearing the end. i like to get out every last bit and it's a struggle with this concealer! overall, if you're on the fence about this, definitely try it out. especially if you're into having a brighter/lighter under eye for baking or highlighting because this a great concealer for that.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Cover FX Natural Finish Foundation & NARS Creamy Concealer - Review and Demonstration by BeautySavers

Top Rated NARS Products