October 26, 2014 | 1000 users online

Loose Powders - NYX - HD Studio Finishing Powder

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2014 4:08:00 PM More reviews by troo12

I wanted to like this and I used it many times hoping that a lightbulb would go off and it would become my hg. But, it wasn't meant to be, yet. I'm fair skinned and this cast a white hue on my face and cancelled out any color. It set my makeup beautifully but within an hour, I could barely tell I had put any on.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2014 12:55:00 PM More reviews by pinkmouse09

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Amazing. Stops oil and creases. My skin always feels really soft and smooth like porcelain when I use. Just be careful not to use too much and REALLY get the loose bits off with your brush

rated 1 of 5 on 5/13/2014 9:49:00 PM More reviews by kellybethga

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Other

I loved this until I went to my cousin's wedding and looked like I had used white-out under my eyes in flash photos! And I have very fair skin. IF YOU ARE SURE YOU WON't have your picture taken, this does a great job of keeping your concealer from settling into fine lines. I showed a picture of me w this.on to the SA a sephora whilst searching for new powder and she was shocked! I read reviews prior to purchase and noticed a few people saying it caused a white cast in photos and I thought I'd be fine because I'm so pale, but I was mistaken. Also, this loose powder goes everywhere, it's MUCH worse than my loose mineral foundation. I hope this helps someone not make the same mistake I did.

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 5/8/2014 5:38:00 PM More reviews by KimD507

Itchy..caused clogged pores
wish it worked out :(

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2014 5:22:00 PM More reviews by Jackierose1987

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this powder, only comes in 2 shades, but it works for me. Its smooth and feels light and smooth. Im not very oily generally so I cant say if it helps aith that, but it certainly seta my fou sation really well. Overall, this is my favorite setting powder, next to nyxs radiant powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2014 9:29:00 PM More reviews by beeluxi

This product is SO wonderful. I have horribly oily skin and found my foundation (primed and set with powder) was falling off my face within hours of application. I was oil blotting by 10AM and was so dissatisfied at all the wasted money/product that I would need to reapply by mid-afternoon. After purchasing this 2 weeks ago I can confidently say that I have not had a breakout since introducing this and my oil production has drastically declined. If you have oily skin please give this a try. I will not go a day without this now that I have seen the light. ;)

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2014 6:49:00 AM More reviews by samanthaweldon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Omg I can't say enough how awesome of a finishing powder this is. It made my skin look flawless and soooo smooth. I used this with the NYX Dewy finish spray and my makeup stayed in place all night. Before I used the Tarte amazon clay finishing powder and I love this so much more.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2014 12:28:00 AM More reviews by ilovethe80s87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a wonderful finishing powder! Makes me look practically poreless when used on top of my foundation/BB cream. I use it everyday, even if it's just on top of my acne medicine or moisturizer or sunscreen. Keeps me much less oily than I'd normally get (also depends on what I have on underneath it). It does not break me out YAY! The packaging, however, isn't great. The holes that the powder sifts through are too big so a lot of product comes out, and there is not a twist-and-lock mechanism like BareMinerals powder foundation, so it's definitely not travel friendly unless you can keep it upright the entire time. Other than that, it's wonderful! Highly recommend!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2014 10:06:00 PM More reviews by Kaelie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

$9.99 USD. Thanks to Beautyforless for inspiring me to get this! The packaging is horrible, much like BB loose powder. I transferred mine to old NARS powder case with mesh sifter that I save for this kind of use. The product is Very matte and on me, I had absolutely no need to blot through a normal working day. Usually, I have to blot couple of times. On me this works better to finish liquid foundation than on bare skin, as I found it a tad drying on tzone skin. Personally, I see slight white cast right after putting it on, but it blends and disappears after absorbing oils on the skin. A normal powder brush works better than kabuki, and I think synthetic worked better than natural bristle but that could just be personal preference. Also, The texture could be finer, but for the price point it's worth every dollar and more. The silica didn't break out my skin yet but I'll still keep watching as I never know how my skin reacts to new products.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2014 1:41:00 PM More reviews by spuds9092

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have tried every type of loose powder, high end and low end. Decided that I needed to try this and I am glad I did. This works as well as my NARS powder!!! I love the feel of it!! Will buy it again!!!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No