July 30, 2014 | 2008 users online

Pressed Powders - Essence - All About Matt Fixing Compact Powder

rated 2 of 5 on 4/27/2014 11:44:00 AM More reviews by Freedom3033

Erm. Hate to be the odd one out, but no matter how I try to make this work, it still comes out whitish on me. It alters the colour of my finish. Chalky. Honestly, I only used a little. It's quite matte though. Will be trying the catrice loose powder next. Gave this away.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2014 5:30:00 PM More reviews by BrightEyes001

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

THIS IS AMAZING!!!!! Seriously. I never had much of an issue with oily skin until moving to the South, then my face got oily within 10 minutes - no exaggeration. Absolutely nothing I did would help that! At one point I was using mattifying primer, mattifying foundation, and THREE mattifying powders plus a setting spray on top of that, and I was still oily! Anyways, I needed something for $4 to get a discount at Ulta, so I tossed this in my cart without any expectations. All I have to say is WOW. It doesn't look cakey, or leave a white cast, blends my blush and bronzer together like a dream - and best of all, my face stays matte ALL. DAY!!! I immediately went back and bought two more to keep as backups. My only complaint would be that I've only had this for three weeks and I'm almost out of it already, and that's just using one thin layer in the morning and sometimes a bit on my nose in the afternoon

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2014 3:41:00 AM More reviews by makeupreviews97

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

THIS IS AMAZING!! I have the loose version of this powder. It has everything I look for in a translucent powder, Keeps me matte all day, doesn't look cakey or leave a white over cast and also is inexpensive! I use this under my eyes to set my concealer and it makes it last all day. It also leaves my skin feeling amazing!! Highly recommend, you have nothing to loose because it's only a few dollars ! Win win

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2014 8:34:00 PM More reviews by Susie31

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

perfect but I still use it on top of another powder.. and use it just as for its effect of mattifying... it does get grey if use too much. it controls oil wonderfully. and doesn't make face too white. its clear.
cheap!!!!!!!!!! and works,try it. all their products are top notch quality all made in Europe...

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2014 9:35:00 AM More reviews by kayparisfilm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm usually not a matte skin kind of girl, but lately my skin has been getting more oily (thanks to hot weather, humidity, and exfoliating daily with Glycolic acid) and my makeup decides to flee the scene. I don't use this everyday, but I'll sometimes throw a light layer on under foundation like a primer or dust it over my t zone and around my nose post foundation to keep it in place. Good texture and really is transparent (no white cast unless you really go crazy). Helps my makeup last longer, but doesn't keep me totally matte for long, which I like, but if you're super oily you might need to keep this on hand for touchups. Doesn't cake if you use a light hand and blend it well, but as with most powders if you really go for the gusto with it I'm sure it would eventually. Cheap and cheerful!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2014 2:11:00 AM More reviews by Lovepink7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Thanks MUA for introducing me to this wonderful product :D! This mattifies and makes my face look smooth. I wish the compact had a mirror. If you use A LOT and are planning to take pictures with flash on, be wary it will leave a white tinge on your face. This lasts a long time, and this is probably my HG blot powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2014 9:55:00 AM More reviews by mwolstencroft

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This makes my face feels so so soft, and it doesn't make me look shiny after days at school. It's also never broken me out, and it feels really light on my face.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2014 10:12:00 AM More reviews by brelig

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product generally does what it says it will and at a very affordable price. I have to admit, it didn't work the best around my oily nose area. I still prefer the Catrice Prime and Fine Loose Powder to this, but I can't really complain about it either. It was worth purchasing and I feel I got my money's worth out of it. The packaging is a bit flimsy, and after a week in my purse, the powder had cracked into many little pieces. I'm not sure what happened, it could have been user error as much as the packaging being cheap. I haven't repurchased it since, but it is a product I would recommend people trying.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2014 4:27:00 PM More reviews by kroshicake

I have combination skin and hate when my face gets oily later in the day. Luckily, I discovered this on makeupally and picked it up at my local Ulta. It does exactly what it claims, so I won't bore with the details. However, be sure to apply looking into a mirror so you can ensure the white is blended! Other than that, no troubles! Great alternative to toting around (and using) those blue blotting sheets. I always get curious/sem-disgusted looks from other when using those...

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2014 6:42:00 PM More reviews by corrette

I'm one of those girls that has used all her life expensive powders: Dior, Guerlain, Chanel, Shiseido... From time to time I've tried cheaper brands but almost always with terrible results... I have a really oily T Zone, the rest of the face is quite ok. Even the expensive brands didn't work really well, after just one and a half hour, the dammed oil came out. So I did simply accept it, I gave up trying to find a powder that keeps my T Zone for, at least 4 hours free from oil, so easy as that.
But I FINALLY found one that keeps my T Zone shine free for even longer than 4 hours. I read so many amazingly good reviews about this powder, that I had to try it.
Essence is a german brand, I'm living in Berlin so imagine how cheap the brand is here... I decided to give it a try, it costs only 3!.
I simply could not believe when, hour after hour, from time to time I checked my face in the mirror, and the shine didn't came out... I was wearing the same foundation, moisturizing cream... so the whole rutine was the same as usual. The powder was the only one new thing on my face, so that miraculous effect could be only because of the powder. I thought: oh God, I found it, I found it!!!!! :-D
But another great effect is that, the days that I don't want to use fluid foundation, but powder foundation 'cause I'm in a hurry, if I apply the All About Matt before the make up, this one lasts way much longer than without it!!!. This is something that I have experienced with my Shiseido Pureness and Guerlain's Parure powder foundations.
It is simply stunning, great, unexpensive and way much better than the most expensive brands!.
100% recommendable!!!!
I was so terrified that it can be discontinued (that happens quite a lot with very cheap brands), that I bought 4 more.
I simply cannot live without this product. Besides the amazing result on my T Zone, is totally undetectable on my skin, 100% invisible. The skin doesn't look cakey, or even powdered. In a whole journey I had to blot and reapply the powder only once more!!!.

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No