Essence All About Matt Fixing Compact Powder

4.2

Talc, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Saphire Powder, Aqua (Water), Magnesium Stearate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Ok so I've been having a hard time finding a powder that keeps me matte all day. I never tried a translucent powder before but I was on the hunt for one. I'm pretty oily and need something to keep my foundation on all day. I put my foundation on at 6am this morning, it is not 6pm with no touch ups and everything is still set! So glad I picked this up! Definitely worth it. I love essence and a lot of their products. Such an underrated brand!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is incredible. I'm astounded. In drugstore makeup, the only available translucent powders are this one, Revlon Colorstay powder, Revlon Photoready powder, and Rimmel Setting Powder... but this one blows all of them out of the water. It's gives me perfect skin and a soft glow even under my harsh bathroom lights and it's an impressive and cost effective dupe to Makeup Forever HD powder, which I also own. I have an oily T-zone and I never have to re-powder my makeup throughout the day, unlike other powders I have had before.

I'll be buying this forever. Thank you Essence for making this incredible setting powder that doesn't hurt my wallet.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Good setting powder! Keeps my makeup matte in conjunction with primer and setting spray for a decent amount of time. There's limited translucent white matte drugstore powders but this one works!

I like it but I'm not sure I'd repurchase. It developed a weird smell after a short time also. Idk. I expected better because of the great reviews I guess. It's good but... to be honest, I don't see that much difference to other powders. a powder that really mattified my face was mac blot powder e.g.. This powder is nothing special to me. Yet, it is good value for the price!

So after seeing the great reviews on here I finally bought this little gem. I totally love it! I have combination skin that is really oily in the t-zone but a little drier on my cheeks. This is the perfect touch up matte powder that I now purchase over Urban Decay's De-Slick powder because in my opinion, its BETTER!

The only thing I dislike about this is the packaging... Simply because it doesn't have a mirror nor does it come with an applicator. I've purchased a retractable kabuki brush from Target and I have a little mirror in my purse makeup bag but its always nice to have all that together in one compact.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Let me tell you this is one of the best seriously best face powder ever!!! I stay matte for almost 5 hours although my nose gets oily so I just touch it up like once and it stays matte for ages!!! I would recommend this over the Maybelline Shine free loose powder that I reviewed earlier :)

That only Con I have here is that the packaging.. The compact doesn't come with a mirror.. It I have to use another mirror when powdering my nose on the go etc.

But overall one of the most amazing drugstore affordable powders :)

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

this powder does help in mattifying my super oily skin - but only for like 45 minutes and then im super oily again. i use this powder to touch up all day and it doesnt cake on me. it gives a nice finish and slighltly illuminates your face. i am probably one of the oiliest creatures on planet earth so if you have normal - oily skin, this might work for you!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I really like this powder! It's super smooth and gives a lovely airbrushed/glowy finish to your skin without appearing TOO matte. It smooths out any lines or imperfections you might have and whisks away oil. I love the fact that this was made in Poland too, represent :)))

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I picked this up after hearing such good things about it here on MUA, but I found it didn't work for me. Normally I can make my foundation last me all day when I use my talc-free mineral powder to set it; however, when I used this, it was TOO mattifying. It literally sucked the moisture out of my foundation and caused it to crack up by the end of the day. I've been too afraid to touch it since.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

So I bought this powder a couple of months ago and I found it didn't work for me. It says translucent and while those claims are certainly true if you apply too much your skin will give off a slight white cast.

I do like how matte and flawless it makes my skin look. When I apply it, my pores are blurred and my skin looks porcelain flawless. Too bad it doesn't last! I find that after two hours my greasy nose (courtesy of my combination skin) gets really oily so it doesn't keep that shine on lock. I suppose I could reapply it but I figure it would last me at least four hours.

The compact itself is incredibly flimsy I don't even bother bringing it around with me. The snap closure is broken and the top clasp just swings around. Of course for $4 I can't really complain.

It's great for the rest of my face, but not my nose! So because of that I won't repurchase. It makes my skin look lovely, but I need my nose to be taken care of!

Recommended for Normal Skin