Essence All About Matt Fixing Compact Powder

4.3

Talc, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Saphire Powder, Aqua (Water), Magnesium Stearate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol.

on 1/11/2015 12:56:00 PM

I HATE this powder. Whether I apply it on top of foundation or under it (using the Wayne Goss Method), it makes my skin look incredibly textured (which it is a little bit to be honest, but I'm definitely NOT looking for a powder that will accentuate that!) It also does not live up to its claim that it keeps your skin matte - if anything, I think it makes my skin look MORE oily by the end of the day! It also feels incredibly heavy on the skin - not a breathable product at all.

The only redeeming qualities are that it is cheap (but why spend your money on something you won't like at all?) and that the packaging is incredibly minimalist (it's thin, light-weight, and easy to carry around with you).

Save your money and try something else instead.

on 1/7/2015 6:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

im pretty surprised and disappointed cause I have never once seen a review that said this powder didn't mattify, but it hasn't done much for me. super sad but worth trying for the price

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I've breen using this powder a few times and it works perfectly fine for me. My skin doesn't get oily and stays matt all day. I'm not the type of person to get a very oily skin, but it does happen sometimes. I think it is a great combination with their primer. I totally recomend this product.

on 12/24/2014 1:00:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I liked this product, it was mattifying, portable and well-priced but it is delicate. It breaks off in chunks/sheets weekly, which defeats the purpose. It is so frustrating. No matter how I transport it it happens. Will not repurchase for that reason.

on 12/24/2014 12:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Made my entire face itchy and red. I've never had this happen before with other face powders. I don't think it's the talc since my other powders have talc as well. It was mattifying, but I will never use it. If you have sensitive skin I would be cautious.

on 12/9/2014 4:42:00 PM

Almost HG finishing powder!!!!

It does a great job in keeping my skin matte. For literally more than 6-8 hours or so...
this is avery rare instance for me.. I get super oily after half an hour with the current bb cream I use.

Been using this for 2 days now, I dont think it has broken me out.. yet.. lol
This is very, very affordable. 2 thumbs up for that.
Be careful in putting too much as it can make you look like a geisha. haha

Will definitely purchase again! :) You got nothing to loose on this powder!

Update 4/24/15:

I stopped using it coz I have noticed I get these small bumps which I think are clogged pores.. :( Im not 100% sure if this is what's causing those bumps though.. so Im planning on using this for a week again and I will surely update this..

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

I like it but im not inlove with it. I mainly get it because it hasnt broke me out and its the cheapest powder i've found. It doesnt really keep my face matte, my covergirl powder for sensistive skin does a better job at keeping me matte.. Its worth a try, it may go on a little white if you dont like blend it out properly. It does work nice with helping you blend out bronzer if you add too much.

on 12/5/2014 6:42:00 PM

Saw this product at the Essence counter at Wilkinson and decided to give it a go. It looked interesting and above all a white pressed powder promising to mattify oily skin. I have combination skin and the Tzone tends to get oily, so I bought it. It does mattify the skin as it says but since I don't re-apply through out the day,I can't say whether it's long lasting or not. Over all a good product to have. Packaging is ok, anyway I am not too hung up on packaging and it does not have a mirror. Good thing is it's sleek and easy to carry. Would recommend this to anyone wanting to try a decent drugstore mattifying pressed powder.

on 11/30/2014 9:24:00 PM

My t-zone is very oily, so I had been perpetually on the hunt for something that would actually control shine for more than 1 hour. I can't believe this $5 powder does such an impressive job, but it does. I have to really pack it on, so I've found that the best way to do this is with a disposable makeup wedge. It starts out looking very white, but that goes away within a few minutes. The first time I need to blot is about 6 hours later. I wouldn't carry this with me, since it doesn't have a mirror or puff (nor would one fit in the case), but I don't need to carry it with me, since I can go a long time without a touchup.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

This is a nice powder I don't use it a ton but keep it in my bag to keep my t-zone from getting shiny. On my nc40ish skin tone this doesnt leave a white cast, but as I said I use this as a touch up powder and only lightly. I use Ben Nye Banana powder as my go to powder. It's affordable and if you need a touch up powder this is a great one, just buff well I use my Elf buffing powder.

Recommended for Normal Skin