September 19, 2014 | 1220 users online

Pressed Powders - Essence - All About Matt Fixing Compact Powder

rated 2 of 5 on 5/4/2014 1:11:00 AM More reviews by Hayree

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I purchased this and was honestly amazed at how well it worked for my oily, pale skin. It's great for over liquid or powder foundation for any extra oilyness. However, Ethylhexyl Palmitate is a serious no go for me. I broke out terribly.

Worth a try for $3.99

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2014 10:09:00 PM More reviews by jewelofdenial

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff. I usually use it to tone down a couple of my brighter blushes after I apply them, but it is also great for mattifying oily skin. I had my first one for about a week when I dropped it and it cracked. I had to stop at Shoppers and pick up a new one the next day.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/27/2014 11:44:00 AM More reviews by Freedom3033

Erm. Hate to be the odd one out, but no matter how I try to make this work, it still comes out whitish on me. It alters the colour of my finish. Chalky. Honestly, I only used a little. It's quite matte though. Will be trying the catrice loose powder next. Gave this away.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2014 5:30:00 PM More reviews by BrightEyes001

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

THIS IS AMAZING!!!!! Seriously. I never had much of an issue with oily skin until moving to the South, then my face got oily within 10 minutes - no exaggeration. Absolutely nothing I did would help that! At one point I was using mattifying primer, mattifying foundation, and THREE mattifying powders plus a setting spray on top of that, and I was still oily! Anyways, I needed something for $4 to get a discount at Ulta, so I tossed this in my cart without any expectations. All I have to say is WOW. It doesn't look cakey, or leave a white cast, blends my blush and bronzer together like a dream - and best of all, my face stays matte ALL. DAY!!! I immediately went back and bought two more to keep as backups. My only complaint would be that I've only had this for three weeks and I'm almost out of it already, and that's just using one thin layer in the morning and sometimes a bit on my nose in the afternoon

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2014 3:41:00 AM More reviews by makeupreviews97

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

THIS IS AMAZING!! I have the loose version of this powder. It has everything I look for in a translucent powder, Keeps me matte all day, doesn't look cakey or leave a white over cast and also is inexpensive! I use this under my eyes to set my concealer and it makes it last all day. It also leaves my skin feeling amazing!! Highly recommend, you have nothing to loose because it's only a few dollars ! Win win

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2014 8:34:00 PM More reviews by Susie31

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

perfect but I still use it on top of another powder.. and use it just as for its effect of mattifying... it does get grey if use too much. it controls oil wonderfully. and doesn't make face too white. its clear.
cheap!!!!!!!!!! and works,try it. all their products are top notch quality all made in Europe...

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2014 9:35:00 AM More reviews by kayparisfilm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm usually not a matte skin kind of girl, but lately my skin has been getting more oily (thanks to hot weather, humidity, and exfoliating daily with Glycolic acid) and my makeup decides to flee the scene. I don't use this everyday, but I'll sometimes throw a light layer on under foundation like a primer or dust it over my t zone and around my nose post foundation to keep it in place. Good texture and really is transparent (no white cast unless you really go crazy). Helps my makeup last longer, but doesn't keep me totally matte for long, which I like, but if you're super oily you might need to keep this on hand for touchups. Doesn't cake if you use a light hand and blend it well, but as with most powders if you really go for the gusto with it I'm sure it would eventually. Cheap and cheerful!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2014 2:11:00 AM More reviews by Lovepink7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Thanks MUA for introducing me to this wonderful product :D! This mattifies and makes my face look smooth. I wish the compact had a mirror. If you use A LOT and are planning to take pictures with flash on, be wary it will leave a white tinge on your face. This lasts a long time, and this is probably my HG blot powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2014 9:55:00 AM More reviews by mwolstencroft

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This makes my face feels so so soft, and it doesn't make me look shiny after days at school. It's also never broken me out, and it feels really light on my face.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2014 10:12:00 AM More reviews by brelig

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product generally does what it says it will and at a very affordable price. I have to admit, it didn't work the best around my oily nose area. I still prefer the Catrice Prime and Fine Loose Powder to this, but I can't really complain about it either. It was worth purchasing and I feel I got my money's worth out of it. The packaging is a bit flimsy, and after a week in my purse, the powder had cracked into many little pieces. I'm not sure what happened, it could have been user error as much as the packaging being cheap. I haven't repurchased it since, but it is a product I would recommend people trying.