October 21, 2014 | 1866 users online

Pressed Powders - Essence - All About Matt Fixing Compact Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2014 2:33:00 AM More reviews by melissaem

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is absolutely the best mattifying powder for very oily skin ever!! Price is amazing and it's the best powder to keep me matt for the longest amt of time.

However I've noticed that it's been recently discontinued here in Australia and removed from the essence website, I'm devastated :(

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2014 12:17:00 AM More reviews by Sun2shine

I love this product! I ALWAYS use this after I've highlighted. I've never experienced a white chalky cast when using it. I even use it to touch up if I get a little oily through out the day because it never cakes up. :) Love love LOVEEE this !!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2014 8:53:00 PM More reviews by MAChostage

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

First things first: I bought this, drove home, and when I took it out of the bag it had been reduced to LOOSE powder with a few chunks througout. Not good. You get what you pay for. But I tried it anyway and I find that it will mattify, but if you're of color you have to be extremely careful with it because it can leave the dreaded whitish cast. I wouldn't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2014 9:37:00 AM More reviews by bleed18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It is wonderful I use it as a base for my make up...♥ ♥ ♥

rated 2 of 5 on 5/4/2014 1:11:00 AM More reviews by Hayree

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I purchased this and was honestly amazed at how well it worked for my oily, pale skin. It's great for over liquid or powder foundation for any extra oilyness. However, Ethylhexyl Palmitate is a serious no go for me. I broke out terribly.

Worth a try for $3.99

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2014 10:09:00 PM More reviews by jewelofdenial

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff. I usually use it to tone down a couple of my brighter blushes after I apply them, but it is also great for mattifying oily skin. I had my first one for about a week when I dropped it and it cracked. I had to stop at Shoppers and pick up a new one the next day.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/27/2014 11:44:00 AM More reviews by Freedom3033

Erm. Hate to be the odd one out, but no matter how I try to make this work, it still comes out whitish on me. It alters the colour of my finish. Chalky. Honestly, I only used a little. It's quite matte though. Will be trying the catrice loose powder next. Gave this away.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2014 5:30:00 PM More reviews by BrightEyes001

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

THIS IS AMAZING!!!!! Seriously. I never had much of an issue with oily skin until moving to the South, then my face got oily within 10 minutes - no exaggeration. Absolutely nothing I did would help that! At one point I was using mattifying primer, mattifying foundation, and THREE mattifying powders plus a setting spray on top of that, and I was still oily! Anyways, I needed something for $4 to get a discount at Ulta, so I tossed this in my cart without any expectations. All I have to say is WOW. It doesn't look cakey, or leave a white cast, blends my blush and bronzer together like a dream - and best of all, my face stays matte ALL. DAY!!! I immediately went back and bought two more to keep as backups. My only complaint would be that I've only had this for three weeks and I'm almost out of it already, and that's just using one thin layer in the morning and sometimes a bit on my nose in the afternoon

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2014 3:41:00 AM More reviews by makeupreviews97

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

THIS IS AMAZING!! I have the loose version of this powder. It has everything I look for in a translucent powder, Keeps me matte all day, doesn't look cakey or leave a white over cast and also is inexpensive! I use this under my eyes to set my concealer and it makes it last all day. It also leaves my skin feeling amazing!! Highly recommend, you have nothing to loose because it's only a few dollars ! Win win

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2014 8:34:00 PM More reviews by Susie31

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

perfect but I still use it on top of another powder.. and use it just as for its effect of mattifying... it does get grey if use too much. it controls oil wonderfully. and doesn't make face too white. its clear.
cheap!!!!!!!!!! and works,try it. all their products are top notch quality all made in Europe...