MAC Viva Glam Nicki II

on 4/14/2013 5:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is a beautiful colour. I was not impressed with the first Viva Glam Nicki, because it was very dry and it would clump all over your lips, but this one is very easy to get on your lips and doesn't clump at all. I usually wear it with the Viva Glam Nicki lipgloss to make the perfect baby pink color.

on 4/8/2013 12:19:00 AM

Loving the lilac! So pretty for spring. I was a little hesitant how this would look on me, but I really love it. For reference I am an NC25-30. This wears like most MAC lipsticks for me - a little under 4 hours of wear time. The formula is a little drying and can settle so I just take the time to exfoliate and moisturize before application. I like to add a little depth and a little longer wear time by pairing this with the nicki 2 lipglass.

on 4/2/2013 11:59:00 AM

LADIES! I know that some of you are loyal MAC fans..I too love MAC but also love when I can get a good bargain so I decided to share. If you like MAC "Viva Glam Nicki 2 Lipstick"($15) you should try NYX "Extra Creamy Lipstick" ($4) in "Thalia" is a dead-ringer, cost effective and easier to apply. You won't have to keep going over your lips multiple times like with the MAC "Nicki" shade which is rather sheer.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure

PERFECT color for the spring! We all know pastels are in for spring nice shades like lavender, mint, light pinks are a must have for me. And this lipstick was just the perfect shade to introduce spring to me I do agree with one of the other reviewers it does make your teeth look dull and yellowish which is a huge turn off for this lipstick but my only turn off. I'm NW45 so I was a little iffy about the color on me but went a head and got it. It's really pale so make sure to buy a dark purple lip liner to balance it out and having it look a nice purple instead of pasty pale purple but it is so many shades that you can make it with lip liners this coor is just really fun and for bold people like Nicki.

on 3/21/2013 1:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I adore this color. It took a little coaxing from my husband to give it a chance but he reassured me that they made my already plump pout stand out. I love that it's light but still draws the eye. I'm excited to see the reaction I get from in a professional environment.

LOVE IT! I'm NC 30 right now and it looks very nice. not too wild. it's perfect for spring!

on 2/22/2013 1:08:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

For the love of MAC...I like this color cause its a wild out of the box color.....im carmel skin...so this looks great on me ..plus always use a lipliner (MAGENTA...NYX..PURPLE) and this will be much more wearable , or use it with another color for an ombre pout effect....but the color rocks on me!

on 2/18/2013 11:49:00 PM

I'm a very pale, cool toned, blonde and I actually think this shade is very wearable on me. It isn't nearly as lavender as I thought it would by by looking at swatches, it does tend to lean more towards a light blueish pink, especially on my very pigmented lips. If anything, I was a bit disappointed that this shade wasn't more wild, I really love a bold, unique lip. Still, pastels are on trend for spring, so why not take a chance and wear a more noticeable, fun one?
WARNING: Red lipstick makes teeth look lighter, but lavender does the opposite. I took away a point for how yellow my teeth look while I'm wearing this. Just pout like a model and avoid comedy clubs.

on 2/18/2013 10:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I like Nicki Minaj so I hoped that MAC would come out with a wearable shade like they did for Lady Gaga. Nope, this is one is harder to pull off than the first. I will not purchase.

on 2/13/2013 3:19:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Many people seem quite put off by the light lavender-pink lipstick that is Viva Glam Nicki II.
However what should be considered is all the possibilities/ways to use this shade. Use a darker lip liner (MAC night moth) to create an ombré effect, sheer it out by sparsely applying it to your lips and blending or even apply it in the middle of your lips on top of another darker shade to create dimension. Experiment and have fun.
Also, spring/summer is coming soon, so why not have a little fun and try something new! If you are comfortable and happy with a bold lip then forget if others dislike it or think it doesn't go with your skin type/color.
As for the shade, it is a light lavender pink with an amplified finish. It is creamy and applies well (second coat is lovely) and has a great lasting power! It can get cakey so make sure to blot or remove some color and slowly build layers.
Personally for my fair, cool skin tone I use NYX lip liner in Flower (I like similar lipliners to lipsticks) and build Nicki II on top for the perfect lavender pink pout!

Popular Lipsticks