February 28, 2015 | 2001 users online

Lip Gloss - NYX - Butter Gloss

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2015 1:50:00 PM More reviews by Tomigal

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this <3

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2015 8:18:00 AM More reviews by sarbel

Love this!!! Bought creme brûlée, great natural colour.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2015 8:25:00 PM More reviews by SilvaEgle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I only have this Butter Gloss in Creme Brle & I'm seriously questioning my sanity & asking myself WHY!!! I love this gloss and I'm so not a lip gloss girl by any means. It's a beautiful beige-y, nude, light pink. The formula is moisturising and not sticky icky nasty feeling like every other lip gloss. The pigmentation is a little slice of HEAVEN, but the price is even better for the quality you're getting 🙌 You'll have to apply throughout the day as it'll wear off. This smells like vanilla. I wish there was more product in the tube; I feel like I'm already scraping the sides to get more. I want to try more of these glosses definitely. I'm also very interested in the Matte Version of this product by NYX as well. Good work NYX!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2015 6:33:00 PM More reviews by TwylaDawn

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love you, Butter Gloss! I have a few different shades, but Peach Cobbler is my fave!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2015 2:31:00 PM More reviews by SmokeySings

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

I have several shades in this. Some faves (in no particualr order) are Creme Brulee,Tiramisu, Maple Blondie, Merengue, Vanilla Cream Pie, Strawberry Parfait, Apple Strudel..oh, heck, I like them all!!! Lol..

I will say that often the color once applied to the lips is different than what the package looks. However, it is always a pleasant surprise how each color looks. Just..if you look at the package, you might want to look up some swatches online to see how it looks on the lips. However, as I said, even though the colors look different applied than the package shows, each one is a nice, pleasant, flattering color. I think most of these would work on almost any skin tone.

Great price point, and on sale, a great deal!

Easy to apply, some have little to no scent, and they wear well, no glopping, no turning funny or funky colors, no gumminess, does not turn gummy, just a pleasant feel. Easy to build. A quick swipe for a little shine or you can easily build up some color with a few swipes.

Great applicator, great packaging, can throw in your purse for a quick run to the grocery store. Can even apply most of these without a mirror, if you need a quick little touch-up.

Will re-purchase and recommend. I want to get every shade!!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2015 8:17:00 PM More reviews by Cheaseonaffinity

I have tried 7 of these. I'm usually a person who likes to keep my makeup collection minimal, but there was just something about Butter Glosses that kept me going back for more. I'm NC30, Asian skin. My lips are full so I tend to prefer either light or dark colours, as bright colours don't make me look good. The formula is nice and milky but thick enough to last a few hours.

Tiramisu: this shade is the exact same color as my natural lips which is a light brown with a tinge of pink. I don't really find this shade to be particularly useful as it doesn't give me anything extra, but a beautiful shade nonetheless.

Apple Strudel: very sheer neon coral. Swatched, it is more orange, but on my lips, it looks baby pink. Things have a tendency to look more cool toned on my face than it does in the packaging. This is a shade that brightens up and flatters my face.

Vanilla Cream Pie: medium brighter pink. I didn't like this one, it made my lips look huge and didn't flatter my skintone.

Praline: brown just like tiramisu but without the milkiness. more "clear" quality to it. This was pretty if I lightly applied it, but too much looked too brown for my taste.

Peaches and Cream: fuschia sort of color, was flattering in pictures, but hot pink isn't something I'd wear on an everyday basis

Eclair: I thought this very cool toned baby pink colour was going to look like a nightmare on me, but I love the girly colour so I picked it up anyways. It looks good with perfect makeup - winged eye, foundation, flawless face. It isn't the most flattering but kind of adds that baby pink lip "look." I wouldn't wear this on its own because it would be unflattering.

Peach Cobbler: This looks orange in the tube but shows up a muted red on my lips. Very flattering on me! It's an "instant pretty" type of colour.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2015 1:11:00 PM More reviews by AmazingJanni

It's relly good, but I'm not a lipgloss girl

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2015 7:57:00 PM More reviews by fatnoise

I live in Canada and it retails over $10 here at Rexall which is the downside but overall its a great product; the consistency is thick and very smooth and I don't even have to wear lipliner because the pigment of the butter gloss is great. The color swatch is darker on my skin in comparison to lips, the lasts less than 5 hours and it doesn't dry out my lips like most lip products do.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2015 12:13:00 AM More reviews by Ajvega20

Purchased Tiramisu, in love!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2015 8:57:00 PM More reviews by loveintheasylum

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

So in the beauty store with my girlfriend and I was mulling over which shade to get, I was torn between a bright shade and something more "vampy". I of course have a few brights already, so upon her suggestion I got the more vampy one which was Devil's Food Cake. I didn't try it on immediately since I was pretty intimidated by it, so it sat in my makeup drawer for months. I pulled it out for a little date in the evening, and I stand corrected - it's so pretty. With darker shades, I'm almost afraid of it looking too severe on me, but it was a warm blackberry shade that complimented my skin (NC 50 slightly redder) skintone quite well. Coverage was sheer, but buildable and no settling in any lip lines, very comfortable to wear and ohh definitely not sticky (I hate that). It does wear off, but I'm cool with that because it didn't leave my lips crispy which is a plus. Lastly, the smell which reminded me of vanilla cupcakes wasnt too powerful, but a nice touch to lipglosses aptly named after baked goods which I thought was cute. Very good glosses, it's a rebuy for sure.