NYX Butter Gloss

4.4

Mineral Oil, Polybutene, Diisostearyl Malate, Beeswax, Ceresin, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Polyethylene, Sorbitan, Sesquioleate, Phenoxyethanol, Fragran May contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxide Black (CI 77499), Iron Oxide Red (CI 77491), Iron Oxide Yellow (CI 77492), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), D&C Red 6 Na Salt (CI 15850), D&C Red 7 Ca Lake (CI 15850), D&C Red 28 Al Lake (CI 45410), FD&C Yellow 6 Al Lake (CI 15985:1), FD&C Yellow 5 Al Lake (CI 19140:1).

I've bought a few of these. First in Tiramisu, kind of a MLBB nude, and I liked it well enough, but it was paler than what I like a gloss to be. Later I bought some of the newest colors, Gelato, which looks like a medium purple, and Raspberry Pavlova, which is a reddish brown with a hint of berry to it. The darker hues I prefer, as they have a bit more impact. They're more buildable, too, in a way that looks more natural. The Gelato can look like a wash of deep lavender or it can be built up to a medium purple. The same goes for the Raspberry Pavlova. Lightly applied it's like Clinique's Black Honey (not quite, but close) and it can go sheer or be applied more heavily for more intensity. There is no strong scent or flavor with these, and the formula feels decent, albeit more on the sticky side (as opposed to being buttery, like the name implies). It's not a long-wearing formula but it wears evenly and doesn't fade in patches or anything. My main gripe is I'd like it to feel a bit more moisturizing, but other than that, it's a good formula.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Short review because there's not much to say about this except I hate the texture. I wouldn't care if it had the best payoff in the world with the most staying power, it's just vile to me. It's one of those really cloying, sticky, and thick feeling glosses that does not offer lips any kind of moisture. It's like having your lips under liquid plastic all day, really unnatural and un-breathable. For drugstore, another reviewer here mentioned liking NYC more and I agree. Although they are both kind of cheap feeling, the NYC doesn't feel as plasticky.

I have Apple Strudel and unfortunately it doesn't really have any extraordinary properties. It's your standard, generic lip gloss that offers shine and a little bit of pigment. No miracles when it comes to lasting power.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

NYX Butter Gloss in BLG05 Creme Brulee is a lovely pinkish nude. I found mine @ Target for about $5. I love the color & scent. The scent is a vanilla/bubble gum mix to me. I dislike its staying power for a gloss. It needs a lipstick &/or liner to stay around longer than an hour on me w/no food or drinks. I think its slick texture is the reason it disappears quickly on bare lips. I adore the shade, though. It's got good pigmentation for a gloss. The packaging is adorable & the cap matches its contents well. I think I'd repurchase this shade b/c it's so flattering atop Covergirl's Lip Perfection Lip Liner in #210 Seduce & Rimmel's Airy Fairy Lipstick. It adds moisture & color to them. It looks nice on my fair, freckled, & slightly ruddy face.

It' very good, especially for exfoliative and dry lips; longlasting for money you give for..

I've had a few of these they are thin in texture and crappy and the packaging is ugly and for 6.00 they should be better...for cheap lipgloss ill stick to nyc or ruby kisses its better and for 2.00 or less I am not a big fan of nyx I think most of their products are just as bad as elf.

I have this in vanilla cream pie. It's a much lighter pink then I would normally wear but i'm digging it. I like the formula of this butter gloss compared to the mega shine but this stuff doesn't last as long :( I still really like it and will purchase other colors in the future.

i feel that this lip gloss is really moisturising,not sticky and it has really good shades in general.If you like nudes,pinks,reds these line has all of those.
i came to know about it through my best friend when we went to sephora and she said she wanted to buy some lip gloss.when she was picking her color of gloss,i was bored and tried it and i instantly fell in love with it.
it smells really good,but because i live in singapore it is kind of pricey for one which is $10 in my country.so i immediately picked up the first shade that i loved which was and still is my all time favourite called creme brulee.
i typically am not a lip gloss person because when i wore lip glosses in the past it always stuck to my hair which was very annoying.
it smells really good in my perspective as i like sweet smells and this smelt like cake batter that wasn't unbearably sweet which was good.
now i have 7 colors and i'm asking my aunt to ship me some from USA because the colors here in my country are quite limited.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I was worried the scent would be like cloying and make me gag like the butter London lg were. Oh, that wretched cake smell. These also don't have some icky childish flavor which I feared as well. Fear not!

I have sugar cookie which I consider a suitable dupe for UD scandal. I find I have to apply a layer, wait a few minutes, then apply another layer to make it last. It leaves a nice stain as it fades.

The texture is thin and not gloppy or sticky. A real pleasure and what a great price!

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Honestly, this is an overall very good product.

These are pigmented, not sticky, smell amazing. These are much better to me than the Mac glosses, which I personally find to be sticky and unpigmented. At a quarter of the price? I'm in. I only have a few of these, but I want to get nearly the entire collection eventually.

If I had to be nitpicky I'm not a fan of the packaging, persay. It's nice that the colours are clearly displayed but I think it looks a bit childish and not something I want to flaunt on my desk. But hey, what matters is it's a solid product.

Also, they smell like cake. 'Nough said.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

butter gloss is a nice moderately pigmented cheap lipgloss. since the color is not opaque or very pigmented it can be worn on its own for a natural look or worn over a lipstick for a bolder look. it is a bit thick but not sticky and feels comfortable on the lips. it also has a great range of shades so i'm sure there's something to suit everyone's taste and preference. the mild sugar cake is okay. the only real downside to these gloss is that it makes my lips chap like crazy. i like it but im not too excited about getting it in another color.

Video Reviews & Tutorials