October 21, 2014 | 1974 users online

Pressed Powders - NARS - Light Reflecting Pressed Setting Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2014 3:10:00 PM More reviews by 39Dena

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have this in the loose and pressed version and I love them both. I used the loose powder in the morning to set and the pressed for retouch. It's very light and no white cast. NARS did an excellent job. Highly recommend both of them.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2014 11:15:00 PM More reviews by Andi2010

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I will certainly be buying this one again and probably sooner than I think - this is the fastest thing I have ever hit pan on - that's why I didn't rate the price so well on this product as at 7g of product you don't get a lot. (Nars blush is 4.8g).

Having said that I do love it and reach for it a lot as it goes over any liquid foundation beautifully and really does impart a nice healthy glow. My skin is normal/combo I usually get oily in the T-zone but this powder is good and holds it together for me for hours before I need to have a quick blot.

Even though it looks to contain shimmer it does not appear sparkly on the skin, this product is better too when the coating it comes with is worn off the top, it annoyed me so I lightly scraped it away. I have the loose version of this powder - they seem like two completely different products, I prefer the pressed version for the finished look.

It looks white in the pan - but don't worry it doesn't have this effect on your skin, I don't know what Nars' magic ingredient for this is but it works well :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2014 5:44:00 PM More reviews by jenmoyen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this face powder. It has got to be one of the best ones I've used in my life. I always apply this after I put on my foundation, and it makes my skin feel matte and silky soft. Also, it makes my skin look radiant and much more brighter. Even though it is on the pricey side, I would definitely repurchase this powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2014 9:46:00 PM More reviews by GraceyKentera

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Amazing, fantastic, perfection. Yes, this is a pricey setting powder and there are cheaper alternatives, but the overall result of using this is unmistakable. My skin looks gorgeous with this powder on- the cakey look of my foundation is gone and replaced with beautiful. soft looking skin that glows. I honestly feel airbrushed wearing this, and my makeup lasts ALL DAY LONG which is exactly what I look for in a setting powder. It does lighten the colour of your skin, so I apply my bronzer/blush/highlighting routine after applying the powder, to ensure I don't look washed out. People finding they feel too powdery/dry with this on, I would recommend using the Mac fix+ spray afterwards, it will re-moisturise your face. I adore this and would recommend it to everyone!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2014 7:10:00 AM More reviews by ktemly

Although this product is a little strange to work with at first (it looks like plastic) I really enjoy it.
I find this works best with my fuller coverage foundations as it adds a subtle glow, while also mattifying (sound strange, but it does), and not adding any additional coverage.
It took me a while to get used to the smell. It sort of reminds me of sunscreen which I didn't like at first, but it doesn't seem to bother me too much now, it's very unique.
I'm also a sucker for Nars packaging, yes it gets dirty, but I still love.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2014 9:46:00 AM More reviews by DeboMM

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the best setting powder I've ever used. I apply over EL Double Wear or Lancome Visionnaire and get excellent results. It helps my foundation stay shine free yet not too matte for four or five hours and if I need to reapply later in the day there is no buildup. I use it ever day and based on what's still in the compact, I'd say it will last a year, which makes the price easier to digest!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/17/2014 11:50:00 AM More reviews by 0113ichijiku

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This powder made my skin so dried up. Shows more wrinkles after put on. No glow looking at all. Didn't work. Returned.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2014 5:37:00 PM More reviews by escebola

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

At this price tag, I expected this powder to give me that wonderful glow others rave about. It's a nice setting powder, but until it gives me glowing skin, i won't be giving it a glowing review. I often find myself disappointed in overly hyped products, and this is one of them. If you're like me and on a budget, think twice about buying this. It's a nice powder and will finish it up, but I won't necessarily repurchase.

6 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2014 7:47:00 PM More reviews by MakeupMomma

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have no idea how this powder works, but it is AMAZING! It gives me a matte finish and makes my skin look smooth and flawless. The powder is white in the compact but goes on colorless - no white cast at all. It somehow blurs imperfections and makes my skin look great. This product became an HG with just the first use!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/5/2014 3:07:00 PM More reviews by jdhall89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I didn't think this powder was anything special. It is very finely milled and set my makeup, but there was a detectable white cast (I'm about an NC25) and I didn't think that it improved (or worsened) the look of my skin. The oil control seemed about average--it mattified my skin in the morning and I got some shine by lunch, but I've yet to find a product that I don't describe that way.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No