NARS Light Reflecting Pressed Setting Powder

4.4

synthetic fluorphlogopite, silica, cetearyl ethylhexanoate, glycerin, squalane, octyldodecyl stearoyl stearate, polysorbate 80, caprylyl glycol, ethylhexylglycerin, carrageenan, xanthan gum, 1,2-hexanediol, pentaerythrityl tetra-di-t-butyl hydroxyhydrocinnamate, maris aqua (sea water), ascophyllum nodosum (ascophyllum nodosum extract), magnesium silicate, tocopheryl acetate, phenoxyethanol, potassium sorbate, tin oxide, mica, ci 77891 (titanium dioxide), ci 77491 (iron oxides)

on 1/19/2015 3:48:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I have just recently purchased the Nars Light Reflecting Pressed Powder from MECCA at Kirkcaldie & Stains (Wellington, NZ). Once again the NARS assistant was fantastic. She explained how the product works, will look, the finish etc. So I bought the Pressed Powder instead of the Loose. Comes beautifully boxes, and with a sleek black plastic slip cover. Kept my makeup looking fresh all day with a slight glow but not a Cakey coverage. love it! Next purchase will be a wintercFoundation.

on 1/18/2015 3:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

First off let me say that I have never been a powder person. I have oily skin and have tried every powder under the sun but I can't stand the way powder looks over makeup. I just have the type of skin that can make any product cake up and look terrible. Especially when using it to touch up throughout the day. It got to the point where I preferred looking a little oily throughout the day as opposed to dry and dull and I quit using power all together. But I've recently realized that I just can't make it though eighteen hour days without some sort of power. I tried a few of the white loose finishing powers, and they weren't terrible, but they were too messy to take with me and didn't do much for me.

I'm so glad I decided to give this stuff a try. Looking at in the pan it almost looks like it's going to be way too sparkly, but it's completely undetectable on the skin. A tiny bit goes the longest way to set makeup, and I've definitely noticed increased longevity in any makeup that I wear under this stuff. And it is a god send for touch ups. Because it doesn't look heavy or alter the look of your makeup in any way. It just mattifies without making you look flat. Super impressed with this stuff. And the packaging is perfect. So much better than a messy loose powder. Well worth the money in my opinion, especially if you've tried every powder in existence and just can't stand the look they give. Love.

on 1/4/2015 3:50:00 PM

I am impressed with this product especially it being my first translucent powder. I apply to my under eyes to set my concealer and to parts of my face where I would get oily and in areas that have visible pores. I absolutely loved that it keep my face the same way I applied my makeup hours later. It help tame my oily areas and give my skin a smooth finish. It also kept my concealer to stay put and found little to no creasing under my eyes. It also doesn't make my skin look dry or too matte, just a natural finish. The only negative is not to apply a lot of product because the skin can get dry and stuck to dry areas; so less is more even though its hard to tell if your putting anything on your face. Once I hit pan with product I would seek to buy it again, especially when it cones with its own little pouch, sponge applicator and a mirror.

on 12/22/2014 9:46:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This powder is absolutely amazing. I don't like setting my foundations with powder because I have always aimed for a dewy finish personally. This sets in terms of wicking the "wetness" from the skin but doesn't take away from the healthy glow that a foundation or tinted moisturizer provides. I have decided that I will get the loose powder to keep at home and keep the pressed in my make up bag.. great product!

on 12/21/2014 9:18:00 PM

I am tempted to try the loose version in hopes that it would be just as good as this one if not better. I absolutely love the fact that it doesn't add color, or add weight to the base that I am wearing. It doesn't cake up. It doesn't make my face look matte or emphasize the dry flakes of my face or the oilyness down my T-zone. This is a staple for me. It looks sparkly in the pan but thats not how it translate on the face.

on 12/19/2014 8:11:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Neutral

this is my HG powder.. I've tried the other high end brands none of them makes me fall in love like this. I live in a very high humidity climate, hot, sweaty, and my face is very oily easily after 2-4hours. Other high end product would disappear and left a chalky greasy feeling on the skin. NARS is very nice and solid on the skin. When I dusted using brush, it doesn't show any dusty flies. during the day, my skin is still oily but in a beautiful way.. I can say less oily but reflects the glowy of my skin. I can not say that this product mattifying my face. its just control oil since my face is really oily.

on 12/17/2014 8:58:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

After reading all the great reviews of this product, I decided to give it a try. It was a huge disappointment for me. It just made my skin look shiny and left a whitish cast. It also did nothing to control oil. It did nothing to blur my pores and fine wrinkles. In fact, it settled into my pores, making them more noticeable. I definitely would not recommend this for anyone with oily skin. The only positive for me was the packaging, which is both sturdy and elegant. I ended up returning it.

on 12/8/2014 12:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is a staple for me! I can't use most silica powders because they emphasize my dryness, but LRP actually gives me a glow, while keeping the semi-matte satin look that I love. The loose version is also fantastic, but the pressed is very portable, and delivers just enough powder to my skin without ever looking powdery. I use a fluffy synthetic brush, and it always looks perfect.

on 12/8/2014 12:06:00 PM

This is my go-to setting powder when I want to achieve a "makeup no makeup" look. Love it.

on 12/8/2014 11:58:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I've actually repurchased this. I have dry sensitive acne prone skin and use this as a "finishing" powder. It gives off a nice natural sheen to you foundation. If you use a fluffy brush and lightly brush it over your face - it won't mattify your foundation hence why it's great for dry skin.

Pros:
Finish is amazing
This lasts me 1+ year
Not drying
Blends/mends into skin well after applying and after 8 hours of wear

Cons:
Price

It's a tad expensive but it is a great product. The only powder I use to achieve that "radiant" sheen.

Recommended for Normal Skin