July 26, 2014 | 1915 users online

Pressed Powders - NARS - Light Reflecting Pressed Setting Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2014 9:46:00 AM More reviews by DeboMM

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the best setting powder I've ever used. I apply over EL Double Wear or Lancome Visionnaire and get excellent results. It helps my foundation stay shine free yet not too matte for four or five hours and if I need to reapply later in the day there is no buildup. I use it ever day and based on what's still in the compact, I'd say it will last a year, which makes the price easier to digest!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/17/2014 11:50:00 AM More reviews by 0113ichijiku

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This powder made my skin so dried up. Shows more wrinkles after put on. No glow looking at all. Didn't work. Returned.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2014 5:37:00 PM More reviews by escebola

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

At this price tag, I expected this powder to give me that wonderful glow others rave about. It's a nice setting powder, but until it gives me glowing skin, i won't be giving it a glowing review. I often find myself disappointed in overly hyped products, and this is one of them. If you're like me and on a budget, think twice about buying this. It's a nice powder and will finish it up, but I won't necessarily repurchase.

6 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2014 7:47:00 PM More reviews by MakeupMomma

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have no idea how this powder works, but it is AMAZING! It gives me a matte finish and makes my skin look smooth and flawless. The powder is white in the compact but goes on colorless - no white cast at all. It somehow blurs imperfections and makes my skin look great. This product became an HG with just the first use!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/5/2014 3:07:00 PM More reviews by jdhall89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I didn't think this powder was anything special. It is very finely milled and set my makeup, but there was a detectable white cast (I'm about an NC25) and I didn't think that it improved (or worsened) the look of my skin. The oil control seemed about average--it mattified my skin in the morning and I got some shine by lunch, but I've yet to find a product that I don't describe that way.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2014 2:57:00 PM More reviews by graceybaby8

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

3.5/5 lippies.
I bought this because I've heard so much wonderful things about it and i really want to like it. Unfortunately, mine had this layer of hardened powder I had to dig through to get to the actual product... If I'm paying a lot of money for a NARS powder I shouldn't have to waste so much of it. *sigh* it works ok enough... Takes the shine away and keeps everything in place...
but if I'm being honest with myself, I'm not WOW'ed by this product that much... Maybe I'll give it a few more months.... But I think I'm going to try MUFE next time.
PS: I don't need the flimsy sponge... Put some nicer stiffer brush in it next time so I can get some product out.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2014 2:49:00 PM More reviews by Sara44

This is my HG of setting powder.

It gives you almost an "airbrushed" look as people have been saying on MUA reviews, it holds makeup ALL day and generally just makes your skin look flawless.
Strangely hides flaws and blemishes while giving your skin a nice glow/set look.

Will never you another setting powder!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2013 10:19:00 PM More reviews by tiara98

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i am so sad that i *LOVE* this powder, because it costs an arm & a leg!! it sets makeup beautifully, blurs pores/dark spots/imperfections, gives skin a radiant glow, and may actually live up to its hydration claim since it's comfortable to wear on my dry skin, and doesn't make my face look cracked or feel itchy. i don't want to use any other powder now, not even Ben Nye banana powder. will absolutely repurchase!!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2013 7:10:00 PM More reviews by Glitter87

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It took me a while to really figure this stuff out, but now I love it! I put on my liquid foundation, apply this with a kabuki, then brush on a little bit of my regular pressed powder that matches my skin tone. That way, I can use a little more of the Nars powder to help with oil control and don't have to worry about a white cast. This powder makes the makeup stay on my face SO much longer!!! And I have very very oily skin! Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2013 11:40:00 PM More reviews by hellodionne

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

OMG. This is the best setting powder I've ever used. This gives a perfect "soft-matte" finish without any obvious traces of makeup. You can wear this even without foundation and you'll still look polished. The great thing about this powder is that it's subtle that people won't notice you're wearing makeup, but not TOO subtle that they won't notice a "glow" about you. lol. It's perfect. I hope NARS never discontinues it. And a great thing about it is that it's spill-free and mess-free unlike most setting powders in the market! Didn't break out my acne-prone skin too!