August 27, 2014 | 1044 users online

Powder - Physicians Formula - Super BB All-in-1 Beauty Balm Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2014 4:10:00 AM More reviews by cecilelpham

This powder gives me a natural, medium coverage. It is very good for evening out skin tone and diminishing any redness. The light-medium shade is a perfect match for me also. The powder doesn't break me out and does not accentuate the pores on my nose. Lastly it has SPF 30 which I definitely appreciate.

However even though this is a powder, I still get oily all over my face, especially my T-zone. Also, I think I'm the only person to say this, but I don't like the packaging. Even though Physician's Formula is a drugstore product, the shiny lettering in the front makes it look very cheap. However I love the product inside so I will continue to purchase this powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2014 12:14:00 AM More reviews by Melancholia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

There's alot of people that don't like this product and I don't know why. I myself have Dry skin so powder isn't something I gravitate to often. I love this product though, it gives me great coverage and my skin looks flawless. I love full coverage foundations even though I don't need them, this definetly isn't full coverage but it covers what I need and it was definetly a great product during the summer when it was hot and sweaty my face never looks oily! Love it will be repurchasing. And if your wondering I applied it with my elf powder brush and it works wonders!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/31/2013 5:17:00 AM More reviews by alasia1

I bought this because I love BB cream and I thought this was a really smart concept. But turns out I was wrong, this powder does just as much for me as my Wet N Wild Coverall Powder that's $4.00. I've used this powder by itself, I've worn it over foundation, over BB cream,over lotion, I've wet my brush and applied it, I've tried everything and I cannot seem to make this work for me. All I can use it for is to cover under my chin and neck for extra coverage. I bought it mostly for covering acne and pores but boy does it enhance them. I had high hopes but it didn't work out for me. Good regular powder but I can buy any powder and have the same effect, with more color choices.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2013 3:08:00 PM More reviews by Ginadili

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

GREAT! APPLY TO WELL MOISTURIZED SKIN, EVEN BETTER WITH A PRIMER, WITH A STIPPLE BRUSH WITH A LIGHT HAND, LOOKS AIRBRUSHED BETTER THAN DIOR AIRFLASH! I COMPARED MYSELF, AWESOME, BUT PF NEEDS TO OFFER MORE COLOR OPTIONS FOR SURE.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2013 9:08:00 PM More reviews by taylor123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I am a much bigger fan of the BB Powder from this line than I am of the BB Cream. I would say if you like to try powder foundations you should give this one a try. I was very impressed.

-packaging is ADORABLE. A little bulky but super cute.
-the coverage is extremely impressive for a powder. I used to use the Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Powder Foundation which I liked but didn't cover my acne scars as much. This BB Powder covered everything, my scars, large pores uneven skintone even covered this Jupiter sized blemish I had on my chin.
-I don't find this powder to be too chalky or dry. If you have dry skin I could see how you would dislike it but I have oily skin and it my skin loves it! Gives me a slight sheen but my oiliness doesn't seep through. Didn't accentuate any fine lines or anything from what I could see.
-Luckily I was a good match for the medium/deep shade however they definitely need to improve their shade selection cause most of the reviews I am seeing weren't able to find a shade to fit them. If they came out with maybe 3-4 more shades this stuff would be more popular.
-The price is a little high for drugstore but Physicians Formula typically is a more expensive brand. I expected it but definitely had my fingers crossed that it would work since I was splashing out 14 dollars.
-Physicians Formula is very good about making their products cruelty and paraben free. If youre super conscious about what goes on your skin you need not worry about the ingredients in this stuff. It's pretty safe and even has SPF.

All in all this product replaced a powder foundation that I had been using for 2+ years. It's a very special powder and beat all my expectations. Would repurchase over and over.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2013 4:06:00 PM More reviews by Lossea

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This product is one of the best things that ever happened to me! It is natural and cruelty-free, has SPF 30; provides great coverage, blends wonderfully, and stays on all day. It is also affordable and readily available.

From the product's description, I would not have thought that this powder can serve as a replacement for liquid foundation, but thanks to everyone's reviews on MUA I was made aware of this. This powder is a lifesaver and such a timesaver. It seems to provide the best coverage out of all Physicians Formula powders, it takes under 60 seconds to have an even and healthy glowing skin-tone. I do use green powder prior to cancel out my redness, but even without the powder the look is healthy and nice. Slight sheen to the powder doesn't jump out, but rather provides a nice glow.

I was most reserved about the limited color selection and got "light/medium". I am fair and this color looks natural on me. (I asked my lab mate if she thought I look like I went tanning, and she said not at all. I used to wear fair foundation before I tried this powder, so the change wasn't obvious.) I do wish they had a "fair/light" version, but what can you do.

I haven't had success with the type of brush included (seems to be the same as in PF Airbrushing Powder), so I use my foundation brush. Included mirror is convenient, and the packaging is very cute.

I am so happy for this product. It was about $14 at CVS, so a little pricey, but completely worth it. I don't need to use sunscreen spray, primer, foundation, finishing powder anymore. Perfect for when you need to look healthy and polished in a jiffy (and have skin protected from the sun). I would buy this again.

*EDIT 6/16/2014: I used up all of my first BB powder, and did buy it again. Apart from the facial moisturizer, this is the only product I use for coverage, and boy it never disappoints! Blends with the skin seamlessly, so you can't even see it on. Low oil control, but it's not an issue, considering the amazing coverage. Love it.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2013 1:04:00 AM More reviews by WynterOlly

I am a liquid foundation, tinted moisturizEr and liquid bb cream kinda girl. I have never liked powder foundations; they always make me look chalky, or too oily, or they break me out and make my pores look larger. However............This AMAZING BB Powder has changed my views on powder foundation.
I've been using this product for about two weeks and it hasn't broken me out at all; in fact it has improved the overall texture of my skin! I haven't had a breakout since using the product! That reason is probably the Willow Bark extract in it; it is a skin clearing ingredient. Plus this powder has NO parabens, talc, or gluten; all pluses for me. The I ingredients in this powder are great.

As far as the finish: when applied dry with a powder puff, it has a smooth, naturally matte finish that is very pretty. However, I love to apply this with a Flat-Top Kabuki brush that is slightly damp. The dampness really makes the foundation apply smoothly and flawlessly for a slightly dewy, illuminating look. Either way, this foundation really does smooth any bumpiness or roughness of the skin (filling dips in the skin like a primer would), shrinks pores, and conceals redness very well WHILE looking natural at the same time. Love it! I wear this powder on a daily basis, alone on top of my daily moisturizer. I only need to use concealer under my eyes because the coverage of this powder is so nice. I am the shade light-medium. It goes on a hint too dark then lightens within 3 minutes to my perfect shade. Yay!:) matches perfect.

Plus, the little compact with the hidden mirror is very cute and perfect for on-the-go. The brush that came with this amazing product is absolute crap though. I replaced it with my favorite pink powder puff that fits perfectly inside (:
Anyway. This Physicians Formula Super BB Powder is a staple in my daily makeup routine and my Holy Grail foundation. Never thought I would find it at the drugstore. Wow!!((: I follow this powder with a sheer cheek tint, a couple coats of my fav Tarte Mascara, some lip gloss & then I fill in my brows :) This powder is soooo fast and easy to apply. Takes me 30 to 60 seconds at most. Its simple, easy, and totally worth every penny.

Xoxo Wynter<3

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2013 10:05:00 PM More reviews by hnl85

I really live this powder. It covers super well, without looking to dry. Lasts pretty much all day and was very smooth.Container is alittle bulky but cute. I do use a powder puff instead of the brush that comes with it. HG status for me, I don't have to use liquid foundation anymore. P.S. I am pale, and it was not to dark for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/7/2013 12:57:00 AM More reviews by hanali20

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i love physicians formula. i have dry skin and having dry skin means you have to be extra careful when applying face products and also when purchasing because you might buy something that you'll regret getting. the worse thing is patching on the skin due to dry skin. but this powder did not give me any patches and had amazing coverage. only one negative, mine kinda broke. i dont know how but it did. i still manage to use it. and i love how they packaged this although it is a bit bulky but i defiantly recommend for dry skin.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2013 6:59:00 PM More reviews by jacona

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love the coverage and finish of this powder. I normally use the PF mineral wear loose powder for day to day. The Super BB coverage is more like a foundation and I apply it using a foundation brush - a little goes a long way- then finish by swiping a kabuki without powder over just to blend. It is not shimmery but does have a slightly luminous quality to it. I think the biggest draw back would be the limited color choice. I wear either creamy natural in summer or soft ivory in winter and the light/medium is a very good match for me.