December 20, 2014 | 1609 users online

Foundations - Wet 'n' Wild - Coverall Cream Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2014 9:42:00 PM More reviews by Ashleyjune10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was very skeptical about using such a cheap product. My coworker brought this too me today. In medium. I cannot rave enough about this! I love it!!! I have EXTREMELY oily skin. and it maintains a matte finish. it even cover like a concealer! way to go wet and wild! Def gonna stock up on this!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/1/2014 11:47:00 PM More reviews by victoriakoryn

I LOVE THIS FOUNDATION.
I compare this to Make Up Forever HD foundation. It's about $35 cheaper, though. The coverage is amazing. I have decently severe acne scarring, huge pores, and redness. I also have acne cysts every now and then, and this covers it all. I don't wear this every day because it is pretty thick, depending on how you apply it and how much you use. The coverage is buildable. I have oily skin and as long as I blot after a few hours, I'm good and it lasts. I recommend a finishing powder if you want it to be matte. It's a dewy finish and quite natural. There aren't a variety of shades, so I usually buy fair and fair/light (since it's so cheap) and mix them together depending on how much sun I've had. I apply with makeup sponges and throw them away after every use because it's the most sanitary way. I highly recommend this makeup to people looking for amazing coverage for a low price. I pick this over anything at Sephora ANY DAY.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 9/29/2014 3:56:00 AM More reviews by xosandy

I'm on the fence about this foundation. I picked it up after hearing all the raves about it from makeup gurus on Youtube and I really wanted to see what a cream foundation was like. I liked that it is truly medium to heavy coverage as stated on the packaging. Can't say I wear this everyday but for days when my skin is particularly dull it really livens my complexion. There are only a few shade selections but light matched me the most. At first application I was horrified because it was a whole other shade but I gave it 30 seconds or so and it oxidized to match me skintone. So I am happy in that department. It is a pretty long lasting foundation but I find that it gives me a lot of dry patches between my eyes. I have combination skin by the way. I thought it was just me but after skimmng a few reviews it has happened to a few others as well. Strange. Anywho, if not for that I would say it's a pretty solid foundation but sadly it is not for me. Be careful with application as well. It dries pretty fast so my recommendation is you build up slowly little by little. I just use my hands and massage it in. As for packaging it is not bad. One star removed because it squirts out pretty fast sometimes and you lose a lot of product. Although I shouldn't really complain because the price is SO DARN INCREDIBLE. I couldn't even believe it! My local drugstore had a sale so I was lucky to snag this for three bucks! The price CANNOT be beat. This foundation has a few downfalls but it truly does do amazing things for those of us on a budget. Overall, I would give this a 3.5 stars. If Wet & Wild could somehow tweak the formulation so I don't get those darn dry patchy areas between my eyes it would be a 5.5*. And yes, I have tried moisturizing so many times but it still doesn't get rid of it. If you're debating whether or not to get it, I'd say pick it up and give it a chance. Everyone's skin reacts and who knows this might end up being your HG foundation. I am incredibly impressed with how far Wet 'n' Wild has come over the last several years.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 9/27/2014 8:15:00 AM More reviews by Beachhead

I bought this product yesterday and I was a little sceptical about it at first. I didn't think something so cheap would be so amazing!!! It covered all my marks and made my skin look great! What I like most about this foundation is that it has buildable coverage and won't look cakey. It's probably one of thee best foundations I have ever bought. The downside of it though is that it didn't last as long as I expected it to last and the packaging isn't the best, it spills out really easily. But overall a great product!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/24/2014 6:17:00 PM More reviews by kthen305

Pros:
1) Cheap
2) Good coverage
3) Has a wide shade range for light skin tone
4) Best choice for people who wants a matte finish
5) I have really sensitive skin, but this foundation did not break me out
6) Long lasting

Cons:
1) Kind of heavy for everyday use
2) If used on a daily basis it will dry out your skin
3) Creases into fine line under the eyes
4) Not enough shades for darker skin tone
5) Irritating smell
6) Dries really fast. So you have to rush through blending which might cause you to look patchy and weird.

I would not buy this products again as it dried out my skin and makes me look older than I actually am.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2014 5:47:00 PM More reviews by dealfinder648

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Had to try based on the reviews here. I tried a few different ways to apply it and I just don't care for it. I like cream based makeup, but this goes on like a cream then converts to a too flat, matte and drying finish on myself, especially around my eyes. It reminded me of when I tried colorstay. If you like color stay, this would probably be a good substitute for you to try. I just like and want simplicity, so I didn't adjust my moisturizer or add this or that to try and make it work. Just using minerals and/or a decent bb cream with spf and like to try all-in-one products. I'm glad it works well for so many others though! The price is so affordable.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2014 5:25:00 PM More reviews by Flassie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

Really great inexpensive foundation! It reminds me a lot of Laura Mercier's Silk Creme foundation... however it is $3. As someone who does not wear foundation most days, just special occasions or when my skin sucks, I was really glad to find something so inexpensive since I knew I would not use it very often.

Like the LM silk creme it is full coverage... and not always the most natural looking for daytime. This is the kind of foundation that will cover most everything with one tiny pump and look great in pictures, yes... but it is also the type of foundation that will rub off on clothes or your phone, and that will be noticed in natural lighting. But personally I don't think that can be avoided when you want a full coverage.

So long story short, for a full coverage special occasion makeup its great, but it is way too heavy for me to wear on a frequent basis.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/10/2014 12:11:00 PM More reviews by xcourtney3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this in the lightest shade, "Fair". It is a good match for my skin. (I'm about NW10-15ish) It applies easily, looks better with fingers vs brush, didn't try with sponge. I did not break out using this. The texture was creamy and it doesn't have a lasting smell. Lightweight. I have oily skin and this made me super shiny by the 2 hour mark. I'm giving it 4 stars because it would be a great foundation for someone with less oily skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2014 5:54:00 PM More reviews by arabiannights

(NC25 for reference, and I got this in Medium/Tan which is a perfect match <3)

OH MY GOSH WHY DIDN'T I TRY THIS SOONER.
THIS IS ONE OF THE NICEST FOUNDATIONS IN DRUGSTORE HISTORY AND PEOPLE SERIOUSLY NEED TO JUST PUT UP A GIANT NEON SIGN TO SING ITS PRAISES.
AND CAN WE JUST LOOK AT THAT PRICE TAG HALLELUJAH I PAID $4.49 AND FOR A NYC DRUGSTORE THAT IS AN AMAZING PRICE.

Anyway, I picked this up today and I'm loving it!

WHEN I OPENED IT I WAS JUST LIKE HOLY SMOKES BATMAN THIS IS THICK
but what else was I expecting from a cream foundation get it together Gabi

I wasn't sure about buying this because I really only like Wet 'n Wild for their eyeshadows and blushes, but after reading countless reviews on MUA and watching demos on Youtube, I just had to try it, especially as I'm running out of my HG foundation, Revlon Nearly Naked (I wear 160, Fresh Beige, which is just a TAD too pink, but I'll probably just add yellow food coloring when I'm not too lazy). I put it on using a damp makeup sponge--I don't own the beauty blender, so I just used a cheap $3 Duane Reade sponge--and it looked AH-MAZING.

Using the sponge gives it more of a natural look, but still with pretty good coverage, which I prefer since it really looks like my skin and not like I caked on fifty gazillion pounds of makeup (made that mistake with the CoverGirl 3-in-1 foundation, and all I needed was some frosting and sprinkles. *shudder*). It's got this nice satin to matte finish that I really like, but I'm not sure if this has SPF in it. It didn't give me flashback though, so I'd recommend definitely using a moisturizer with SPF prior to putting this on.

However, I have dehydrated skin, and I found that building this up CAN make this look cakey, 'cause it's a medium to full coverage foundation, so I don't think I should powder my face until I REALLY freaking need it which is later on in the day when it's warmer. I did use my Rimmel Stay Matte powder in Transparent after I first applied it, and it looks way cakier than I want, so that isn't the best thing but IT BLENDS SO NICELY GUYS!!

Oh yeah, this isn't waterproof at all. Buyers beware.

But honestly for more of an everyday foundation routine, I'd probably just use this to cover up and redness and dark circles, and it's nice for concealing the veins on my eyes. I don't think this is light enough for me to wear ALL over my face, but it's nice for days I need a little extra coverage. c:

6 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 8/26/2014 8:37:00 PM More reviews by piccadilly13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I wanted to like this more. I had accidentally picked up the wrong shade of the foundation I was currently using (and had been using for about 5 years) and when I went back to return it and exchange it, they were out of the shade I needed. I decided it was a good opportunity to try a new foundation, something I'd been wanting to do as I felt that my current foundation (a powder) made my skin too flaky. I went here on MA and looked up "best foundations for dry skin" and came across this product. At less than $4, it was too good to pass up.

After a week of using it, I've decided that I'm not sure if my skin is considered "dry". It's actually kind of oily in the typical areas with dry patches on top, which is not helpful. I applied this makeup around 8 a.m. and by 2 p.m. or so, I was starting to get major shine between my eyebrows and on the sides of my nose. (Every day has been 95+ degrees though, I must mention.) However, I thought the coverage was good overall - so for someone with truly dry skin, I bet this makeup will work well for you. Good luck!