November 23, 2014 | 2011 users online

BB Cream - Lumene - Vitamin C+ Illuminating Anti-Age BB Cream

rated 1 of 5 on 6/2/2014 8:33:00 AM More reviews by sunnysusy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I really wanted to like this BB cream. Unfortunately it does not live up to expectations. The cream is on the dry side and even though I apply moisturizing serum and a day cream before this, it feels drying upon application. You have to apply really fast because it dries quickly and unevenly. I quite often have to spray a moisturizing mist on top to get an even finish. Strange, because Korean BB creams I've tried feel and look heavier but go on easier and smoother. This Lumene BB feels heavy on my skin, not what I'm looking for in a BB. Gives a luminous but slightly too glittery/oily-ish finish although it is dry. Makes my skin look awful by the end of the day. (I am mostly comparing this product to Dermalogica's sheer tint moisture SPF15, the old discontinued formula because I'm looking for a replacement for it...)

rated 3 of 5 on 5/20/2014 7:16:00 PM More reviews by liorak

Not for me. I got this for an everyday color hoping it would be a good match. I ordered it online so I couldn’t really test it out. I have light to medium skin (lighter in winter and medium in summer) and this is too dark for me. I recently tried it on my mom and it suits her skin color perfectly (got it in the medium) She is medium all year round and tan in summer. It says anti-aging but she hasn’t used it long enough to notice a big change. She also has dry skin like myself, and it didn’t emphasise her dry areas. So for those that are a true medium (maybe like NC40/45) this would work. But sadly not for me. I find it so difficult to find a good drugstore foundation/bb/cc cream!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2014 1:46:00 AM More reviews by ocelot1

Saw all the rave reviews and decided to take the plunge on one of my first BB creams. It has nice coverage, doesn't make my skin look oily or cakey and doesn't irritate or break me out. It makes my skin look really nice! Why the three stars then? I took two stars off for it being SO orange! I was so sad! I'm an nc/c 30 and I bought the medium shade and I look like an Oompa Loompa :( the light shade is too light and slightly pink. If the medium was less orange I would repurchase forever. Such a shame.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/5/2014 8:34:00 PM More reviews by playboy_mommy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

For reference the only bb cream I've had success with has been Ponds (who knew?). But after reading the MUA reviews, I had to try it!
I was torn between this and the Time Freeze CC cream. I swatched both, and the BB seemed a little silkier with more even coverage, so I scooped this up at $14.99.
When I got home, I was dismayed, what seemed to blend perfectly in the store, left the right side of my face a rusty orange color.

I'm curious if the vit C in the BB is oxidizing after application and the color is coming off much more orange than intended.
Definitely returning this one. Could've been the perfect BB if not for the nasty orange hue.

I will be trying the CC cream next, as the color stayed true after I swatched it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2014 11:53:00 AM More reviews by christialle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I LOVE this. I have tried other BB creams (Korean), and though they looked really good on my skin, but they broke me out.

You can just take this cream (really, more of a thin liquid), and just slap it on your face, give it a few swipes to blend, and voila, all done. It is virtually error proof. It dries quickly and feels like I have nothing on my skin. And it doesn't sink into the pores around my nose.

It is a very light moisturizer, and fixes some ongoing flakiness and it has sunscreen. It also creates this lovely subtle sheen on my skin, something I am always trying to create, and it has enough coverage to even out my skin and cover redness. I don't know how it does that, really, maybe it is the brighteners, but I usually like at least a medium coverage around the center of my face and I don't feel the need to do any more concealing.

The color. I have the Light (it only comes in two colors: Light and Medium), and opened it up in the parking lot and squeezed a little out on my fingers and was shocked at how orange it was, but when I tried it on my skin, it blended in well enough, though I would prefer a lighter color. In most foundations, I wear about the second or third lightest color, so if you are fairer than I am, this won't work for you. Hence the one lippie off.

A tip: If you go to Walgreen's to find this, they hide it in the skin treatment aisle, NOT with the cosmetics.

Lumene, are you listening? You sell a Fair shade in Finland, bring it over here! Please!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2014 8:06:00 AM More reviews by yatnil

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

Really, really love this BB Cream. It's moisturizing and doesn't break my sensitive skin out. I haven't noticed any white cast in pictures, ect. It isn't super high coverage but then again, if that's what you're looking for, you probably should get a BB cream. It definitely smooths my complexion and keeps my skin looking dewy. Another plus is that I am a very fair, cool toned girl and this cream doesn't pull orange or pink. It's a great shade for me.

I get this at CVS and I think I paid about $15 for it. Not bad since most DS foundations are around that price!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2014 10:45:00 AM More reviews by mooshrimp

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this based on the glowing reviews here and really wish I hadn't.

First the good:
Creates an incredibly natural finish without sacrificing coverage
Moisturizing
Contains good for your skin ingredients
Easy to blend

The bad:
BRIGHT orange. I don't mean too dark for my skin I mean oompa loompah costume party orange. If I mix it with my Missha Essential in 13 it's the right shade and I can finish the tube, but on it's own this is a huge fail for anyone with fair skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2014 11:18:00 AM More reviews by Scadoodles

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this BB cream! It's HG status for me: Pros: dewy finish (yet fast drying, so be careful!), doesn't accentuate dryness, has anti antioxidants, has vit C, moisturizing, pleasant light citrus smell, beautiful finish, squeeze applicator, non irritating, doesn't break my sensitive skin out! Cons: color selection (I barely can wear the lightest shade bc it leans slightly neutral/pink and I am neutral/yellow), dries fast/so work quickly!, it's slightly on the pricey side at 15-17$ a tube (goes on sale a lot for 5$off), can only be purchased at Walgreens/CVS.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2014 9:46:00 PM More reviews by AndroidintheOrchard

Medium/Deep looks great on me, I'm around an NC35. Feels a little sticky while it dries, but it dries very quickly. Slim packaging, available at Rite Aid for around $17. Looks great, really blurs out the small stuff and leaves me feeling confident.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2014 6:31:00 PM More reviews by nikkii18

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the best BB cream I have found so far. Not greasy at all, I suffer from cystic acne and this did NOT cause a break out. Good coverage for the price. I am finding that I am really starting to like all the Lumene products because of their concentration on vitamin C