April 16, 2014 | 1871 users online

Eyeliner - L'Oreal - Infallible The Super Slim 12H Liquid Eyeliner

rated 2 of 5 on 10/5/2013 10:43:00 AM More reviews by mayganade

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Black

No !! This is a huge fail for me! Long wearing?! My wing is usually gone before 1pm. Wont repurchase. I think the $1 elf one is better.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/26/2013 9:07:00 PM More reviews by asilvestre

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I did not like this product at all. I have oily skin and this just didn't cut it for me. I wore it all throughout school and it smudged all over the top of my lid. That's a no no for me. I even tried it with primer underneath and it still smudged. I like the packaging though. The felt tip is what I like the most about it. It makes applying it so much easier. Overall, I would not buy this product again. I'd rather stick with my lineur intense eyeliner which stays on all day, even without a primer.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2013 9:45:00 PM More reviews by meggaroni

So far, this is the best liquid liner i've tried.

Price: Regular 10.99 CAD, but often goes on sale.

Application/Packaging: The only reason I took a lippie off is because, just like the majority of felt tip liners...or even just regular felts, some times the product doesn't flow especially smoothly. But the tip has a very fine point to it, and is fairly firm making it easy to create either a thin or thick precise line. The style of the pen is thin, just like a pencil, making it very easy to use. It doesn't bleed or smudge when I apply it.

Longevity: Best i've found in a drug store brand so far for sure. I always wear slightly winged liner, and usually by the time I get home from work its flaked off and patchy ... every time i've worn this one, still PERFECT when I get home!

Formula: Very pigmented and it goes on smooth. i.e. It's not 'too much' of a liquid.

Removal: Definitely would reccommend using a water-proof make up remover or an oil. Does not come completely off with just soap and water.

I've only been using it for about a month now, so I can't say how long exactly the tube lasts. I'll update when it's done.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2013 7:08:00 PM More reviews by foryoursmile

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This liner retails for just under $10 here and it's so so worth it. I am not the most adept at applying eyeliner and I have a difficult time with my eyeshape and type making them work at times but this one is fairly foolproof. Just as the name implies, this is a super thin marker-like eyeliner with a long tip. I find it easiest to just turn the pen on its side and dab dab along my upper lashline for an easy thin line. I have to keep it thin, otherwise it may smudge under my brow bone but that's not necessarily a fault of the liner but deepset eye problems lol. This is a strong black color and sets fairly quickly, seems like it can be perfectly buildable to obtain whatever liner shape you may want. I have been wearing this for most of the spring and summer, this has been my daily liner essentially because it's one of the only ones to last all day on me and not smudge or melt away in the heat and humidity. My lids usually have a hard time holding onto any liner due to their oily nature, even with primer at times, but this has been pretty budge proof which I adore.

Not much else to say other than this being my fave liquid liner so far. The pen is pretty easy to handle as well, my only beef being that I had to be careful with the cap as it seemed easy to pop off at times while being loose in a makeup bag. But yes, I would most definitely repurchase this after my current one dries up or I run out.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/20/2013 10:12:00 PM More reviews by firefox23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I purchased this in the colour 'Carbon Black'.

I wear liquid black eyeliner everyday - seriously, it's my go-to! After being disappointed with the application of a few high end liners (Lancome Art Liner), I decided to give the drugstore brands a go. I think I got this on sale, so it was only about $6 (regularly about 10-12). I've broken down this review into the categories I consider important when choosing a black liquid eyeliner:

Colour:
As the name implies, it's a carbon black - aka a very true, bold, black. It is very black in colour, so that's always nice. The finish is sort of a combination between shiny and matte. It absolutely lives up to my expectations in terms of colour, it's a really deep, opaque black!

Application:
I actually like the applicator of this liner. It's a felt tip - it's firm, while also allowing some kind of 'give' when applying. I enjoyed the application of this liner more than many higher end brands I've tired. Very user friendly.

Formula/Longevity:
This is where it goes slightly down hill. Unfortunately for the good application and true black colour, the formula falls short. It bleeds easily, and smudges throughout the day. It's also VERY easy to remove, aka a bit TOO easy. I swatched a few of my liquid liners on my hand for this review, and when I ran my finger across each to test the 'stay' power, the L'Oreal was the first to smudge, and it also bleed a lot. I noticed when I wear it that it smudges on the inner corners of my eye, and fades on the outer corner where I do a 'wing'. So sad! If the formula was better I would really love this liner. I actually went on a mission after my failure with this liner to find a great one, and came across the Smashbox Limitless Liquid Liner, which I ADORE.

So...all in all, this isn't a BAD liner, it's just not the best.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2013 11:27:00 PM More reviews by mwebba1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am very happy with the performance of this liner. Not sure why it is receiving all this haters this is the perfect lid liner for when you have intricate eyeshadow work going on. I was searching high and low for this since I heard about it and it was always sold out. Finally snatched up two at Walgreens that were Bogo 1/2 off. So price was really good. Liner works like a dreamland it very black and precise. The packaging looks quite luxe too which I am always a sucker for. It lasts all day nome. I see that some people haven't experienced the same but I wonder if they are just putting it on their bare lids. I have never done that. I put on too faced shadow insurance, several eyeshadow stern line with this and add mascara. I will definitely repurchase once I finish these two. L'Oreal knocked this out of the park.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/19/2013 2:59:00 AM More reviews by viviansweethart

I bought this because I saw some youtubers talk about it. It looked like a good product but I was so wrong. This eyeliner is basically a sharpie marker for your eyes. There is this nasty smell that I got used to by now. I didn't even know it had a 12 hr claim until right now. The 12 hr claim is completely false!!! It smudges with just the slightest contact with water. Also I like to use the tip for the wing but the tip has no more product. This product sucks. I only use it when I don't want to use my gel liner.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2013 12:51:00 PM More reviews by lovelymallie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

It's the first time, I tried a felt tip eyeliner. I wanted something inbetween a pencil liner and a liquid. I'm not really good at liquid, but I like the way it looks. This eyeliner looked like the perfect match!

To be honest I'm not really impressed. It gives a good amount of blackness and is not dry at all..
I find it quite hard to apply for some reason. Idk if it's the product or my eyelashes getting in the way. Well, also it doesn't last 15 hours at all! It's goes off quite easy and last for me about 4 hours max.

I will try something else, when I run out.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/31/2013 12:48:00 AM More reviews by jianing23

it claims to be 12hs, but i swatched it after buying it for around 11$
and im VERY disappointed. It smudges so easily and even with slightly a bit of water, it runs like CRAZY!!! however the "black" is pretty dark which is nice.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2013 10:57:00 PM More reviews by lavenderwig

I've been spoiled on Mac's fluidline and when a deal appears before me for an eyeliner that could possibly be the brushless version of fluidline, I take the jump. Eyeliners are never a priority for me when BOGO 50% offs happen, so it's rare, but I've been testing this (got for free) and Rimmel Glam'Eyes (why they spell it like that I will never know) Professional Liquid Liner VS Mac's perfect gel pot.

Here on mualley, the rimmel product is not well-liked. I personally have a love hate relationship with it. Great formula but can be difficult to apply. I will keep it though because it's normally almost $6 and it was on sale for $1. If only Rimmel's inside and L'oreal's outside could combine! I love this pen-style and the tip that's not so flimsy as others can be. It applies so easily and if you had this alone, you might like it a lot but when I have 2 other eyeliners to compare it with, it just goes womp womp woooooom. I don't get the 12 hour claim either. My winged liner smudged an hour after. Le sigh. I say pass on this one. This would get a 3.5 from me if it could. Also, like I said, alone this looks awesome, but it also was the least black and branched out into skin lines. Only upclose you can see, but that's still not cool.