September 3, 2014 | 1198 users online

Eyeliner - L'Oreal - Infallible The Super Slim 12H Liquid Eyeliner

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2013 9:09:00 PM More reviews by tygress

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm surprised by all the negative reviews here, because this product is a total win for me. I put on TF shadow insurance first, then my eyeshadow, then this along my lash line on my upper lid to create a nice cat eye. And it stays! My only gripe is that it is a bit expensive (I think I got mine from Ulta for 9.99) but with a coupon and a sale going on I imagine you can get it cheaper.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2013 9:10:00 PM More reviews by ruthaida

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have always used Maybeline but I saw the commercial and then read some reviews here before purchasing. About the oily lids, it is true, total mess if put on eyelids bare however, when I used eyeshadow first, then used this product, it lasted a long time with no smudging. So that is the trick. Pen liner was tricky but once I got the hang of it, I created the most beautiful cat lines ever. Very precise and they stayed, again only over an eyeshadow base. I will keep using to decide if I purchase again. Somewhat pricey but I bought at Ulta with a coupon so not horrible.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2013 5:29:00 PM More reviews by Sue_raisin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great budget buy. I usually use Estee Lauder's double wear liquid liner which is simply amazing but I ran out recently and haven't been able to get to a department store yet so I tried this in the local Boots instead. I drew a line on my hand with the tester and then went for a wander around the shop, rubbing my hand every so often to check how it was smudging, and whether it would fade. It passed the test.

That said, as others have noted, it doesn't work well on oily skin, or if you're Chinese and have a creased eyelid (or whatever it is they're called) like myself. It will smudge black all over the place. So I just use it to draw my winged eyeliner, using the remnants of my trust Double Wear to draw the liner on the main part of the lid. The tip is very, very fine, which helps give an excellent winged, pointy tip to a cat eye, and because it's less oily here (on me, at least, anyway) it really does have great staying power.

All in all, a great product if you don't have oily lids. I do think I'll be buying this again though, as the fine tip gives the best cat eye shape. A decent product for the money.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2013 7:14:00 PM More reviews by MyDogShotJFK

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Best liquid eyeliner EVER! But I don't have oily skin, some reviewers have not liked it cause it didn't stay, maybe it had something to do with that. But for my skin type, i won't buy anything else!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2013 1:24:00 PM More reviews by Cassyray123

This is by far the best eyeliner I have ever used. The tip of it is the size of a pencil point and it allows me to get my wings even and precise. Ive also had it on for about four hours, and it still looks the same as it did when I first put it on. I can create so many eyeliner shapes with this. I don't think I'll ever be able to to back to any other eyeliner again after using this one.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/5/2013 10:43:00 AM More reviews by mayganade

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Black

No !! This is a huge fail for me! Long wearing?! My wing is usually gone before 1pm. Wont repurchase. I think the $1 elf one is better.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/26/2013 9:07:00 PM More reviews by asilvestre

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I did not like this product at all. I have oily skin and this just didn't cut it for me. I wore it all throughout school and it smudged all over the top of my lid. That's a no no for me. I even tried it with primer underneath and it still smudged. I like the packaging though. The felt tip is what I like the most about it. It makes applying it so much easier. Overall, I would not buy this product again. I'd rather stick with my lineur intense eyeliner which stays on all day, even without a primer.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2013 9:45:00 PM More reviews by meggaroni

So far, this is the best liquid liner i've tried.

Price: Regular 10.99 CAD, but often goes on sale.

Application/Packaging: The only reason I took a lippie off is because, just like the majority of felt tip liners...or even just regular felts, some times the product doesn't flow especially smoothly. But the tip has a very fine point to it, and is fairly firm making it easy to create either a thin or thick precise line. The style of the pen is thin, just like a pencil, making it very easy to use. It doesn't bleed or smudge when I apply it.

Longevity: Best i've found in a drug store brand so far for sure. I always wear slightly winged liner, and usually by the time I get home from work its flaked off and patchy ... every time i've worn this one, still PERFECT when I get home!

Formula: Very pigmented and it goes on smooth. i.e. It's not 'too much' of a liquid.

Removal: Definitely would reccommend using a water-proof make up remover or an oil. Does not come completely off with just soap and water.

I've only been using it for about a month now, so I can't say how long exactly the tube lasts. I'll update when it's done.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2013 7:08:00 PM More reviews by foryoursmile

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This liner retails for just under $10 here and it's so so worth it. I am not the most adept at applying eyeliner and I have a difficult time with my eyeshape and type making them work at times but this one is fairly foolproof. Just as the name implies, this is a super thin marker-like eyeliner with a long tip. I find it easiest to just turn the pen on its side and dab dab along my upper lashline for an easy thin line. I have to keep it thin, otherwise it may smudge under my brow bone but that's not necessarily a fault of the liner but deepset eye problems lol. This is a strong black color and sets fairly quickly, seems like it can be perfectly buildable to obtain whatever liner shape you may want. I have been wearing this for most of the spring and summer, this has been my daily liner essentially because it's one of the only ones to last all day on me and not smudge or melt away in the heat and humidity. My lids usually have a hard time holding onto any liner due to their oily nature, even with primer at times, but this has been pretty budge proof which I adore.

Not much else to say other than this being my fave liquid liner so far. The pen is pretty easy to handle as well, my only beef being that I had to be careful with the cap as it seemed easy to pop off at times while being loose in a makeup bag. But yes, I would most definitely repurchase this after my current one dries up or I run out.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/20/2013 10:12:00 PM More reviews by firefox23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I purchased this in the colour 'Carbon Black'.

I wear liquid black eyeliner everyday - seriously, it's my go-to! After being disappointed with the application of a few high end liners (Lancome Art Liner), I decided to give the drugstore brands a go. I think I got this on sale, so it was only about $6 (regularly about 10-12). I've broken down this review into the categories I consider important when choosing a black liquid eyeliner:

Colour:
As the name implies, it's a carbon black - aka a very true, bold, black. It is very black in colour, so that's always nice. The finish is sort of a combination between shiny and matte. It absolutely lives up to my expectations in terms of colour, it's a really deep, opaque black!

Application:
I actually like the applicator of this liner. It's a felt tip - it's firm, while also allowing some kind of 'give' when applying. I enjoyed the application of this liner more than many higher end brands I've tired. Very user friendly.

Formula/Longevity:
This is where it goes slightly down hill. Unfortunately for the good application and true black colour, the formula falls short. It bleeds easily, and smudges throughout the day. It's also VERY easy to remove, aka a bit TOO easy. I swatched a few of my liquid liners on my hand for this review, and when I ran my finger across each to test the 'stay' power, the L'Oreal was the first to smudge, and it also bleed a lot. I noticed when I wear it that it smudges on the inner corners of my eye, and fades on the outer corner where I do a 'wing'. So sad! If the formula was better I would really love this liner. I actually went on a mission after my failure with this liner to find a great one, and came across the Smashbox Limitless Liquid Liner, which I ADORE.

So...all in all, this isn't a BAD liner, it's just not the best.