September 23, 2014 | 1334 users online

Loose Powders - NARS - Light Reflecting Setting Powder

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 7/10/2014 1:48:00 PM More reviews by bowzerbowzerbowzer

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I wanted to love this because I love NARS products in general (orgasm blush is my go to), but this is just a miss for me. The only light reflecting aspect I can see is if you take a picture with flash and don't blend enough. You look like someone threw flour on your face. For the price, I wanted a better product. I'm not crazy about the packaging because if that lid is not perfectly on there then the powder will get everywhere.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/10/2014 10:56:00 AM More reviews by Geeves1980

There are so many good reviews for this so I purchased it untested, which was a big mistake.
There is really nothing I like about this powder. It's not completely awful, there are worse, but it is one of the worst purchases I have made this year.
I can see the faintest bit of shimmer if a heavier swatch is on my arm, but on my face I do not detect any (unlike others have mentioned).
Unfortunately I also do not see the benefit of the supposedly 'light reflecting', 'blurring' effect as this powder sucks the life out of my face and makes my skin appear dry and dehydrated.
I don't have dry skin, at all, it's oily/combination but this is the one product that makes my skin dry. It also feels very drying and as a consequence my oil glands produce more oil to counteract the drying effect of the powder.
I have tried this over three different foundations and with two different brushes. Over one Chanel foundation, I aged about 20 years in 10 seconds!
Nars will not accept a return as I have used it 5 times so this was a waste of 25.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 7/7/2014 5:11:00 PM More reviews by SmillaGirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I so wanted to love this but I don't. I usually use Chanel loose powder (Chanel powder universelle libre) but was running out and thought I'd try this because it was much cheaper and the reviews were good. For a start, it's much cheaper because it's about a third of the size of the Chanel loose powder. And it smells weird, like food? And it kind of accentuates any dry patches and/or flakiness I have. But I think it wears well and as long as my skin is well exfoliated, it looks good. It's silky but nowhere near as silky as the Chanel. I'm not going to rebuy when I run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2014 8:44:00 AM More reviews by Warna83

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I Love Love this product so much! I just need to dust a very thinny powder on my T-Zone areas and the result is perfect! It shaded my Pores, glowing my face and lock my bb ceram and foundation pretty Well. Even this product is quite expensive but believe me its really worth! Expensive for the first buying but save your money alot from buying others product for trail that finally stik cant find a Good one. No doubt for this wonderful product and will continue to purchase it. In Indonesia you can purchase it at LoveTheShop, just type it on Google and you will find Their web, Compare to many online seller, they are the cheaper.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/30/2014 6:25:00 PM More reviews by andythemuppet

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Simply put, this is too shimmery to put all over your face, it looks like glitter! And on the other hand, it's not shimmery enough to use as highlighter, so I really can't think of any pros to this. I'm glad I tested it at Sephora before getting carried away by the positive reviews here. This one's a miss.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2014 2:21:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

I've been test driving this for the last week or so and honestly don't know how this powder is different from the regular NARS powder or my previous loose powder from Shiseido. It's not chalky, which is a plus, and it seems to absorb oil, which is why I wear it, but I'm not really noticing any light reflecting properties.

Packaging is a pain, but I plan on taping the sifter's powder holes or just taking the sifter out altogether and just unscrewing the top and using whatever clings to the inside of the top lid. This is definitely an at-home powder though. I wouldn't keep this in my purse makeup bag or take it traveling.

Right now I'm giving it a 3/5 but will update it if it grows on me. I swapped for this because I was running out of loose powder but I'm not sure that I'd repurchase at this point.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2014 6:04:00 AM More reviews by theperoxideprincess

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This stuff is a must buy if you use liquid foundation! Personally, I use NARS Sheer Glow Foundation and when I first bought it, I realized that it made my face way too shiny so I bought NARS Light Reflecting Setting Powder. I was really skeptical about it, but it made my face look flawless. I was also worried that it would make my face look completely white in photos, but it actually looks very natural.

Some people complain about the packaging, since the powder tends to spill out everywhere when you take the cap off. The solution to this problem? Don't put it in your purse, just leave it at home. You won't need to take it with you. One application is enough for the entire day. The more you put on, the cakier it will look.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2014 7:02:00 AM More reviews by xxicah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm glad I made the switch from LM translucent loose powder to this! NARS Light Reflecting Setting Powder completes all my needs! It reduces the oiliness significantly, sets my makeup for eight hours and holds everything in place. I like how light it is, as if it's not there. When I apply it, it mattifies and makes my face feel silky. My face does not feel cakey after half a day. Although there is no sparkle/shimmer, it gives my complexion an overall glow. The packaging works in my favor because I don't have to tip the case over and constantly beat the bottom for the powder to come out through the holes. I'm a careful person by nature so things don't get messy...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2014 12:54:00 PM More reviews by Seattlemama

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Holy wow. I LOVE this product so much I want to marry it. I got this at the Sephora VIB sale. While I was mainly stocking up on basics, I wanted to try one new product that I had seen people rave about and this is it. This has improved the overall look of my makeup so much, improved lasting power, doesn't make me ghosty or matte (I'm looking at you MUFE HD powder), and doesn't exacerbate my already dry/flaky skin. It also doesn't irritate my sensitive/rosacean skin. I get so many compliments when I wear this. Amazing product. Did I mention how much I love it?

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2014 3:33:00 AM More reviews by ilali

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

THE FORMULA:
NARS Light Reflecting Loose Powder is an extremely finely milled translucent setting powder. The powder has light reflecting properties, NOT SHIMMER.

THE COLOR RANGE:
There is only one shade since this is a TRANSLUCENT setting powder.

APPLICATION:
NARS light reflecting powder is VERY SILKY to the touch. I used a Real Techniques setting brush to apply it. It did not catch on my dry skin. I applied the powder over my Estee Lauder Double Wear which is notoriously matte and it managed to give me a subtle dewy finish.

The biggest strength of this powder is that it SIGNIFICANTLY BLURS PORES :)
Another great thing is that it does not leave a white cast. I have tan skin, (Tawny is Estee Lauder DW, NC35 Mac, 6.5 Giorgio Armani) and the powder did not leave a white cast over my foundation like some other powders which claim to be translucent.

STAYING POWER:
It is very hard to say what the staying powder of this powder is because this is a translucent powder. What I can say is that my CONCEALER STAYED PUT and my t-zone did not become greasy as the day progressed. I think that on someone with oily skin a touch-up would be required to remain shine-free all day.

THE VERDICT:
This is a great product. The powder is clearly of VERY HIGH QUALITY and all the claims it makes are true. I will buy this again as I believe it is the best translucent powder on the market at the moment.

Checkout my BLOG for more info and PICS on this powder: http://arwaselixir.blogspot.com.au/

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No