NARS Light Reflecting Setting Powder

silica, polymethyl methacrylate, dimethicone, lauroyl lysine, trimethylsiloxysilicate, glycerin, magnesium silicate, ethylhexylglycerin, tocopheryl acetate, chlorphenesin, polysilicone-2, maris aqua (sea water), aqua (water), barium sulfate, algae (algae extract), phenoxyethanol, alumina, potassium sorbate, citric acid, mica, cl 77891 (titanium dioxide), cl 77491 (iron oxides), cl 77492 (iron oxides)

on 2/3/2015 8:42:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Warm

This is the best setting powder for dry/sensitive skin it doesn't accentuate dry spots fine lines or wrinkles it doesn't irritate skin,dry it out or make it flaky. This powder blurs all my large pores and makes me look perfect !! It doesn't give a white cast its truly translucent and it gives a beautiful glow and its so finely milled and soft I don't mind the price because its a great product its the only powder I wear cause its the only one that works on my dry skin but for some people it may be too much I will repurchase this for ever !!!

on 1/22/2015 12:24:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I don't hate this. I don't think it's the product's fault. I'm 38, and love it or not, you simply can not wear powder like you used to (unless you're going for the 10 years older look, natch). This is a very light powder and does set your foundation. I like to buff it in. It doesn't create a flat, matte mess; it has a very subtle matting effect that looks glowy. I'll buy it again if I don't like Chanel, which I'm trying next.

on 1/6/2015 12:45:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I adore this powder. I've tried several dupes (LA Girl, NYX, Sonia Kashuk) as well as similar high end products (Makeup Forever, Laura Mercier) but this is still my favorite because it mattifies and helps makeup stay on all day, but also diffuses imperfections and brightens the skin. This is not drying at all, like Makeup Forever HD powder can be. The only drawback so far is the packaging, which suddenly made a big mess in my makeup bag and on my counter. Other than that, this is awesome.

on 1/5/2015 11:23:00 PM

I used to love this powder alot. Until I found myself looking like casper in a picture, wearing this powder. In regular light, this is so finely milled, it leaves your skin looking fabulous, really soft. But then, in certain lights, it looks uneven and smudged.
I like that it's a lightweight product, but would have to reconsider repurchasing it-

on 1/5/2015 10:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

If this leaves you looking like Casper, you're using too much. This is an incredibly finely milled loose powder that makes skin look airbrushed and glowing, without any sparkles or shimmer. It's completely translucent when you use the correct amount. You really do only need to use the tiniest amount to set makeup (I find I only have to do one touch up on my nose later in the day), so this jar will last me a very long time. There are a lot of comparisons to MUFE HD powder, but I find this to be a superior product. I apply this with the Marc Jacobs bronzer brush.

on 1/2/2015 3:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this after looking for a translucent powder to set my under eye concealer. The powder is very finely milled and when you put it on the skin, it feels really silky smooth. However, it doesn't reflect light like it claims for me. Overall, this product is OKAY but nothing to write home about. In comparison to MUFE HD, it is finer and silkier but it does not do anything different. It's not worth the price tag.

on 11/20/2014 2:20:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

One Lovely day I was in my happy place aka sephora, needed a translucent powder, brought home makeup forevers powder. Next day I took it back.
Months later I decided to try NARS. Why! I thought to myself, all "translucent" will make you look like a ghost, remember the makeup forever disaster?
Today I could not live without my light reflecting powder, let me tell you why.
I have always had trouble getting products like blush to apply evenly. One sweep of this powder takes away any tackiness providing a truly smooth surface.
I set concealer with it
I sweep it over my eye primer before shadow (helps with blending)
Put a little on my brush before using highly pigmented blush
This will give you sort of a soft matte finish which is much more natural and believable, beautiful over dewy foundations.
There are small glitter particles but once blended are unnoticeable, not so light reflecting , more like light diffusing. Airbrush effect. Minimizes pores.
I have extremely dry skin but find no problems with using this powder.
I love the texture and the way it smooths the skin. It's like baby's butt in a jar.
Packaging is beautiful but a mess even though I only poked 2 holes through the plastic.
Pricey but you get more product than the pressed version but you don't need 5lbs to set your face anyway. Best part, no white cast.
Mac face & body set with NARS LRP is my favorite face.

on 10/23/2014 10:36:00 PM

I looooove this product.

Normally I steer clear of translucent powders as I've never been able to find one that doesn't make me look ghostly but this is just gorgeous! It makes my skin glow without any sparkle and my foundation stays on all day with a light dusting of this over top.

I apply my foundation and then my concealer. While those products are setting for a few minutes I'll do my brows before going over my face with this powder. I use a big fluffy brush and just sort of swirl it all over my skin. It's incredibly easy and because it's really translucent, it's hard to mess up when applying it.

It's pretty pricey (Especially here in New Zealand) but it's worth it for me. I don't have to touch up my makeup at all throughout the day.

My skin feels nice and light when wearing this and I don't feel like I've packed too much on my face with different creams and powders and what-not

on 9/29/2014 7:55:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

first off let me begin by saying stay away from this if: 1) you don't like a glowy sort of dewy finish 2) you need extra coverage. This powder is completely seamless and translucent, and will make your foundation stay the exact colour I was when applied. It gives the skin a nice luminous finish & helps foundation stay longer. I normally use this over MAC face and body or MAC studio sculpt foundation and Prolongwear concealer. Does not give a white cast. Your makeup will stay with a setting spray as well. I use urban decay chill because I don't like a matte finish. Matte finishes never work on my face. :( I always end up looking somewhat cakey (I've found maybe one product I like that's matte out of the dozens I've tried). So overall I really do like this! :) also if you buy this DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT open the flap all the way because you'll end up with a HUGE mess Everytime you open this (my vanity looks like there's fairy dust everywhere). Anyways hope this helped :)

on 9/29/2014 1:02:00 AM

For the longest time I was wondering how the NARS Light Reflecting powders compared to the Ambient Lighting Powders by HOURGLASS.

I kept reading through blog reviews trying to find a clear comparison. Long story short, I left home one morning, heading to Sephora, on a mission! I made swatches, checked them in different lighting, went outside. They end up being quite different in direct sunlight. The NARS powder stands somewhere between Diffused and Ethereal Light. It gives the glow of Etheral but has some of Diffused's frikkinn amazing micro-fine stardust, which can only be seen at very close inspection under direct sunlight. It combines the best of both, and is my favorite.

I am male with very oily skin and use this on my cheekbones as highlight. Unlike other subtle highlights I have used in the past, this will never appear shimmery - no matter the lighting. I love it especially for daylight. At night I prefer to upgrade to WnW Reserve Your Cabana. Or should I say Downgrade? Well, sunlight IS the most difficult test, isn't it? Having to go High End for the subtlest high light is not surprising. Despite the very low price, WnW is great and whoever enjoys this kind of illuminating powders should go ahead and buy it. NARS on the other hand is a beautiful all over face powder for bridal makeup or that only special highlight which is office appropriate.

Because this is more of a powder than a highlight, it's better if you don't apply your regular powder on the same areas. This adds subtle luminosity but also sets well and mattifies just enough. A great example of advanced, modern makeup.

NOTE: I personally prefer the loose to the pressed Light Reflecting powder. I like loose powders in general and in this case you also get more product! I apply makeup only at home, including powder. It's not as acceptable to touch up for guys :). But actually I don't really need to. I have a good mattifying powder for problem areas so besides blotting a couple of times during the day I don't need to carry with me a powder compact. The loose powder is perfect for me. But you might want to consider the pressed powder compact. It is more convenient and you get the same result.

Recommended for Normal Skin