January 31, 2015 | 2044 users online

Pressed Powders - Wet 'n' Wild - Coverall Pressed Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2014 11:38:00 AM More reviews by Alliecat333

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I can't believe what I've been experiencing these past couple weeks and especially what I'm about to say...I love wearing wet n wilds cover all foundation and powder. Ok there, I said it. Feels good to get that off my chest. I originally bought the liquid foundation, bought the medium shade, tried it loved it but I felt It just needed a little bit more yellow to it to be perfect. Couple days later I was reading the back of the bottle and it was light/medium, guess the hoodlums that opened most of them in store put it in the wrong spot. But that's alright because light/ med was best for me. Sooo I went and picked up the presses powder in light/med to give it a whirl and it had that little touch of yellow I needed. Gahhlee I can't believe how much I enjoy wet n wilds foundation !?

The powder it's self I feel would be best used as a setting powder because it doesn't have a ton of coverage, of coarse if there are days you don't want too much this would be great for that. It has a great smooth texture that helps it not look cakey or packed on. It's a little too smooth, just gently touching my ELF powder brush to it kicks up dust. I can totally live with that because it preforms well. I normally tend to stick with mineral makeup because it's light and my face doesn't get super shiny. I have been wearing this for a while during the summer and it's so light weight and keeps the shine away. That is amazing for me. I don't feel like it's clogging my pores at all makes an excellent base for the rest of my makeup. The packaging its fine, thin, easy to store, just a tad hard to get open sometimes. Layers great as well no cakey facey. Got mine on sell for 2.19? I believe. Winner.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2014 2:21:00 AM More reviews by MerryBerriesNCherries

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Awesome powder! It's fine and soft, almost creamy I would say. Definitely not chalky like I would expect from such a cheap powder. I used Revlon CS pressed powder for years and finally started looking for something cheaper that wouldn't emphasize my fine lines. Thank goodness I found this! The color match is excellent (I use Fair), I can apply it with a brush all over to set my Coverall foundation, and I pack it on more heavily on top of concealer to set it and add a final bit of coverage. Perfect. No cakiness, no fine lines. As with all WnW compacts, it's a pain to open, and the package is somewhat small. The little applicator is decent, I use it when setting the powder on my concealer and I rarely use the included applicators. But for less than $3, this is an absolute steal.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2014 11:20:00 PM More reviews by aspiecutie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I have gone through 4 compacts already and it's about time I review it.

I use a lot of powder... more than one type at once... and I'm definitely not stingy with it. After applying the recommended amount of sunscreen I need powder to tone done shine and minimize blottings through the day. My skin is oily but mattifying sunscreens have never really worked for me. They all end up creasing in my eyelids. So, I have resorted to a lightweight lotion that works well under makeup and is also slightly hydrating. My skin is oily/dehydrated.

The COVERALL pressed powder has taken the place of a powder foundation with a coverage that is med/light. The coverage can be built up to medium without looking cakey and the shade range is wide. Note that stores don't carry all the colors available on the website.

For a drufstore powder it is incredibly fine. It works wonderfully for setting concealer on your undereyes (It's hard to get this to set in fine lines!).

But be warned that picking up the right shade is tricky. On the pan the powder looks much lighter than it translates on the skin. I picked up Medium at first and eventually switched successfully to Fair/Light. Paying attention to the correct undertone pink/yellow I suggest choosing a shade that would be a bit too light. It will become darker once on the skin. Or you can simply base your choice on swatches of the foundation online since the same pigments are used for each.

A general description of the undertones in each shade:
fair - porcelain
fair/light - yellow
light - pink
light/medium - neutral
medium - yellow
medium/tan - ..
tan - ..
deep tan - ..

The powder is indeed very lightweight. It is so fine that you need to be careful with your brush or it Will get messy! I simply tap the brush the surface a couple of times, then press it against the inside of the cover to distribute the powder into the brush before applying on the skin. It works quite nicely. Unlike some of the previous reviewers, I see the gentle nature of the powder as a positive. The finer it is the less visible it will be on the skin.

I use the ELF Powder and Angled Blush Brush. I prefer natural bristles for blending blush and bronzer but the black synthetic bristles work better for this. I can see the amount and distribution on the brush before pressing the powder on the skin. The packaging is functional, lightweight and very thin. Does not take much space in your makeup bag. It doesn't have a mirror but I actually prefer it like that. I can use the inside of the cover to press brush against and achieve a uniform distribution of the product. It's like tapping off excess without the waste of product.

I am very satisfied with this little product and I believe I will continue to use it for a long time. It has permanently replaced the Body Shop All in One Face Base in my daily makeup since it looks more natural and does not feel sticky. On my more oily areas I apply the Kryolan Anti Shine Powder which pairs beautifully with this. They are both very fine. Despite the the price difference I consider them in the same league.

The price is extremely affordable too. It is such a great bargain that I would gladly pay twice the price and still consider it a steal. Too bad that it is not so readily available here in Canada. I have only seen it at Walmart, but only a few stores carry it. I have taken many a trip to the suburb to pick me a few backups of this. :)

Try it.
Just keep in mind my advice on the color. It is such a soft-smooth-fine powder that it's difficult not to find a use for it. The finish would work even on dry skin, and for a pressed powder the coverage is by no means low. This is one I love!!

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 7/24/2014 3:05:00 AM More reviews by Rosiethevegan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It's okay

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2014 9:48:00 PM More reviews by alexdarbyyy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

its a good powder to keep you from getting shiny throughout the day. I can put it on at 6 a.m. and not even have to think about reapplying it until at least 3 p.m. ot later. very light on your skin. flawless finish almost every time! 100% repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/8/2014 3:05:00 PM More reviews by sarahrose53

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This pressed powder does the job I want it to do; it mattifies my skin and leaves it looking shine-free. The label on the back claims "VisiBright complex reduces the appearance of wrinkles and rejuvenates skin," which I don't think is totally true; I don't notice any improvement in my fine lines when I use this. As for the packaging: I really wish there were some sort of mirror in this compact, because that would make this much more travel-friendly. But, it does come with a sponge that is great if you don't want to bring a brush along with you when you're traveling or if you're putting this in your purse. Decent powder, but I do think there are better pressed powders at the drugstore.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2014 7:57:00 PM More reviews by HazelEyedDoll

Let me start by saying that i love powders prefer them over liquids or any other foundation. I have so many that I really need to start using them up. But anyways I love the coverall powder just started using it a lot lately and iam really starting to love it. I feel like you can't tell im even wearing powder it looks natural , does not feel heavy on my face nor does it feel super greasy like others and seems to last on your face for a the whole day. Not sure how long it would last if you're going out to a club or somewhere you might sweat a lot. But even being in the hot sun it still looks good and did not feel gross. I put at least 3 layers on but it does help my skin tone and with redness. I would deff put more than one layer. I gave the packaging four lippies only because I wish they would have added a mirror. Every girl needs a mirror in thier compact and it help. Last but not least best part is its fairly priced so I would deff check it out :). Hope this helps.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2014 6:09:00 PM More reviews by darkopacity

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this on a whim because it was cheap and new at the time. This is the only powder that hasn't oxidized on me. I bought it in light/medium. The coverage and lasting power is average, but I'm surprised by the fact that it is the first powder to not turn me orange.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2014 2:20:00 AM More reviews by Endit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this because Rite Aid was having a 40% off sale ($1.794 before taxes) and I rotate products all the time. I was goin to try this in time anyways.

PROS: NO SHIMMER. Applied heavily, it has a matte finish, but this one was acceptable once I got used to it (and for so cheap, why not try to make it work?). I'm heavy handed with powder because products don't set on my skin naturally; I use powder to kind of force them to dry faster. I wear sunscreen (larger amount to get good protection) and have normal-ish skin.

CONS: It's very finely milled, and like all finely milled pressed powders, they don't last long. In just a couple weeks I already hit pan! And while the price is low, it is less than other powders. This one is .26 oz, whereas most are 0.3oz or above (15-34% more). The included sponge is also worthless... it's only purpose is to waste product. WNW, stop including it and shrink the compact's size.

OTHER: I thought it was mainly a setting powder, but it has good coverage too. The fair shade is also quite fair. Looks pink toned, but not drastically. Not sure if it oxidizes or it's my foundation, but my pretty pale skin doesn't match my even paler neck when I use it. I just looked this up on Beautypedia and it got a "best" rating. Strange, I seem to naturally hone in on products that get the highest stamp of approval.

OVERALL: This is really good, especially for the price. I would buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/26/2014 12:09:00 AM More reviews by ambersweet

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Today I purchased this product for $2 for fun. I've been really into testing out drugstore makeup products and wanted to see if it would set well over my bb cream (the dark circles under my eyes are disturbing) and under my new E.L.F Mist and Set Spray. I was pretty impressed, but wouldn't recommend it as anything other than a nice light-weight setting powder. It didn't leave me feeling like ms. cakeface and held up well in the hot sun. I'm dracula pale so the fair color I bought was perfect as so many other brands are just way too dark for my complexion. The packaging is eh... and you get a small amount of product, but who can complain for the price?