September 2, 2014 | 1199 users online

BB Cream - Olay - Fresh Effects in Light/Medium

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2014 9:39:00 PM More reviews by HeatherDiva

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

So many questions. Why does this smell like cucumber melon body spray? Who is the target market? Twelve-year-olds? Why doesn't this have sunscreen in it? Why did anyone think this was a good idea?

rated 3 of 5 on 5/15/2014 9:37:00 AM More reviews by Chloeroose

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I brought this a while back wanting a bb cream but it has very little coverage. It does only claim to have a skin perfecting tint in which i think it does it evens out a bit of the redness i often get and doesnt cover any blemishs but makes them less noticeable. The smell is a bit strong but it doesnt really bother me that much. Ive resorted to using it as a moisturizer as it does leave my skin good or on days I dont care if i dont have full coverage or no makeup days. Over all good moisturizer wouldnt call it a bb cream.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/1/2014 8:33:00 PM More reviews by heh8787

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is TERRIBLE. I received a sample of it in a magazine and made the mistake of trying it out this morning before work. The smell is way too strong and fake and it burned my skin! My face was burning and itching like crazy. I washed it off and my skin continued to burn and itch for four hours. Absolutely terrible. I can't imagine the damage this would do to your skin if you used it frequently.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/27/2014 9:22:00 AM More reviews by Jessica386

I recently bought these product it's okay but not the best.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2014 4:59:00 PM More reviews by angellove1705

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got a one time use sample of this. I wasn't expecting much because most BB creams tend to be disappointing. This fits that label. This gives very sheer, light coverage. I would say this is like a lightly tinted moisturizer. It did take away some of my redness, but that was really all it did. I do have acne and did not expect perfect coverage. I did expect it to give more then it did. I did have an issue with this breaking me out. I only used it once, but I was left with some bumps. The scent is a little odd and I think needs to be improved upon.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/24/2014 1:52:00 PM More reviews by kyoki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have an olive skin tone, so I got this BB cream in light to medium. I have pretty good skin overall, no breakouts, redness, or acne. The only thing I have is oily skin and a few miniscule scarred blemishes on my left cheek, which are barely visible. I had heard the hype of BB creams and decided to try it out. They were at my local Big Lots for just $5 and I had a coupon so it came to $4ónot a bad price. My mom uses the Olay night crŤme and loves it so I thought to give this a try.

I mean, since Iíve never used a tinted moisturizer or BB cream I had no idea what to expect, but I honestly did expect more coverage than this! It didnít even cover my tiny blemishes! My Covergirl pressed powder does a better job, and thatís saying something. I do like how smooth it applies though, and leaves my skin feeling very fresh, dewy, and glowing. It also blends in pretty nicely. However, it does become oily after a few hours, but I always have my NYX oil blotting sheets on hand so that isnít a big deal.

Iím just disappointed in the coverage. I definitely thought it would cover up my small spots and even out skin toneóit did nothing of the sort. Itís basically putting on regular moisturizer, except with the tiniest amount of tint ever. No coverage. Sucks because I bought 2 tubes for that great price. I could return it but I donít think I will just because I like how fresh it makes my skin feel. Also, I do like the scent.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2014 12:47:00 PM More reviews by mirandlynn3309

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I love love love this product! I didn't even make it or of the store and the cashier was giving it rave reviews, and her face looked so smooth and I figured wow this stuff must be great and it is. It makes my face so smooth and soft, It's not too heavy and gives the right amount of coverage. I and my husband both love the smell, I think it has a nice clean scent, but if you have a to it may be a little strong. I am guilty of staying up and crashing without washing my face and thjs us the one product that has yet to break my face out. My complexion is actually looking good, no new acne and what little break out I had had dried up. I love this product and would recommend it to anyone, I'm so excited to use it this summer because of how light and airy it is.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/28/2014 1:32:00 PM More reviews by FLkeysgal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I only tried a sample of this cream that had enough for one use, so please keep that in mind when reading my review. I have never purchased BB creams, because I like more coverage and simply never thought I had a use for one. This one was what i expected, as it was so sheer it did nothing to cover even my slight red marks. I saw nothing after I put in on other than a teeny-tiny slight change in skin hue towards a pinkish tone. It just does not seem to "sink in" as a moisturizer, either, and the ingredient list does not look like anything special. I will not purchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/17/2014 2:06:00 PM More reviews by iszeto

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was running out of my usual BB cream (Marcelle BB cream) and thought I would experiment with others. Olay Fresh Effects BB cream provides sheer coverage with a smooth base and moisturizing properties. With this product, my skin looks natural and dewy, probably because the pigmentation is sheer. In comparison, when I wear Marcelle BB cream, my skin looks one dimensional and flat. With Olay Fresh Effects BB cream, I look less "plastered". I prefer to only wear foundation for special events and night time outings, so this would be one option for daytime errands and going to work. I chose the Light-to-Medium shade and it blends very well with my yellow undertones.

The major negative with this product for me is the scent; it's like a fake soapy smell along the lines of Irish Spring soap. I don't like noticeable scents on my face and the scent doesn't disappear fast enough after application. Basically, you keep smelling the scent for hours after application.

Summary:
- sheer and natural-looking coverage (if you have a lot of blemishes, this product is not for you)
- moisturizing
- has a fake soapy smell, which you may or may not like
- Canadian version of product does not have any SPF

Overall I think this is a decent product for the price. Would I buy it again? Probably not; there are way too many other BB cream products out there to try, to keep me loyal to this one!

19 Jan 2014

Update: I've been wearing this BB cream for the last 3 days. My skin doesn't like it; my face feels itchy and looks splotchy. Smelling the scent for hours on my face was a huge turn-off. I returned this product back to the store.

Overall, drugstore BB creams seem to be one giant FAIL. Maybelline's Magic BB cream made me break out, Garnier BB creams are too pink, and the ones with SPF have too much of a sheen. I will stick to using Marcelle's BB cream and will only try other BB creams at a higher price point. These $10 BB creams are crap.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/15/2014 8:10:00 PM More reviews by JenDrGreen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Do not use this if you have oily skin. Coverage is so-so. Goes on smooth, but within an hour becomes very oily. Will not repurchase.