August 1, 2014 | 1405 users online

Concealers - Cover Girl - Covergirl & Olay Concealer Balm

rated 3 of 5 on 2/5/2014 12:49:00 PM More reviews by Carlysmilesx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This dosent cover dark circles the BEST but it does help. I like that it is more of a balm than a stick- creamier. If you're gunna get a concealer this is the one!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/1/2014 7:42:00 PM More reviews by Maclover202

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I don't know why I bought this because I don't like concealer sticks to begin with. I think they are too drying and don't blend well even though i have oily skin. When I saw beauty gurus on youtube raving about how moisturizing and well this performed I thought they finally did it made a moisturizing concealer stick that was worth it and works. I was wrong. I will say this though compared to other sticks this is by far the best but once again it was drying, clung to dry patches I didn't even know I had, and the color turned orange once it set. I wont be buying any more concealer sticks and that includes this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2014 12:52:00 AM More reviews by jessinfinite

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

blends like a dream ! I use this under my eyes sinceni have very ouffy bags and dark circles so I was pretty surprised to see this hide my flaws so easily. definitely will repurchase

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2014 4:29:00 PM More reviews by EffieH

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Silver, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I tried this when I bought some Cover Girl Aquasmooth compact makeup because it was buy one get half off. I am really impressed with how smoothly this goes on, it doesn't creep into my fine lines, and looks very natural! I actually like it better than the Lancome and Lauren Hutton I have been using, especially because of how easy it is to apply and blend.

UPDATE: I've found that I really need to use this immediately after applying my moisturizer, which helps it blend a lot better. It can be a little bit cakey and dry if you apply it to dry skin. But I still love it!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/29/2013 11:07:00 PM More reviews by queenofnone

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really really wanted to love this concealer. I have acne-prone skin (which is a big drag in your mid-30s) and almost every concealer I have ever used makes the problem worse. I put concealer on a blemish, and by the end of the day I have three more! Not so with this concealer, it doesn't break me out at all. Unfortunately though, it also doesn't do a very good job of concealing. I don't know why, because the texture seems very similar to other balm type concealers I have used before, but for some reason this stuff just sits on top of whatever it's supposed to be hiding and actually makes it MORE obvious. When I put it on a blemish it makes that area stand out, almost as if I had used a highlighter or something with shimmer. When I put it under my eyes, which have slight dark circles, it covered the darkness fine but somehow managed to settle into the skin in such a way that it made every fine line under my eyes stand out, showing me lines I didn't even know existed. I literally looked five years older with this stuff on. So, for me it was a disappointing experience.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2013 9:31:00 PM More reviews by JazzyPiinkz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This concealer is amazing❤️ i bought it to highlight my face but since i order it online i didnt know it would match my skin perfectly so i just use it to conceal and i fell inlove with it!! Sometimes i just use this and powder and im ready to go. Love love love!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2013 12:53:00 PM More reviews by cathykl

Works great for my dark circles and covers up the annoying broken capillaries around my nose/cheek area. I was hoping it wouldn't be super greasy, I hate greasy concealers that slide around on your face before disappearing entirely - and it's not thankfully. It dries to a semi-matte natural finish and I set this with a tiny bit of loose powder. I don't find this to be truly buildable (slides around a bit when you layer) but it gives medium coverage suitable for the majority of minor imperfections, blemishes, dark circles etc but probably won't work for anything more than that.

I use Light or Light/Medium depending on a) what I'm covering b)if I want to highlight - I use the lighter colour. I also use it around my brows to give them a cleaner, more tidy look. It's great that the shades they offer are neutral or yellow based, a lot less pink than the other concealers from CoverGirl which looks scary pink on me like I applied blush under my eyes or something - ugh.

Lastly - because it is a more moisturising base, the staying power is not that great. Matte concealers tend to be better in this area. It does last about 5 hours on me (and that is with powder on top) and then I have to touch-up. Not a big deal though, it is overall a nice product to work with and affordable. I like this concealer best from all the options CoverGirl offers.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 10:10:00 AM More reviews by leoisillon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

For many years I used the CG Smoothers concealer, which has very similar packaging to this concealer. When I heard Cover Girl was making a new one that is similar I got very excited. I stopped using the Smoothers concealer many years ago because I wanted to try other things and honestly the packaging is really messy. I can't seem to keep that plastic lid clean. The the same thing with this product. It comes in a lipstick-type tube that you push up and down. I only use this under my eyes and it does cover dark circles very well. You do have to blend it in, but blending is very easy. I think this concealer is slightly creamier than the CG Smoothers concealer. There are more color choices too, I believe. Those are the main differences, but they are essentially the same product. I think it's a great inexpensive concealer for you to have in your purse for touch ups, but I probably won't purchase again for every day use. I'm in love with the Revlon Photo Ready concealer.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2013 10:39:00 AM More reviews by KatWKSF

I, too, was let down by this product. I was really hopeful that it would be more emolliating than it is, but for me, it was not enough. I only use this kind of concealer on my very dark undereye circles (I use a concealer with salicylic acid on blemishes). I have dark undereye circles that also have fine lines and larger creases (ugh). Yes, I'm sleep deprived. I want something that floats over the top of the lines and offers really good coverage. You would think that a product in a stick form with Olay ingredients would offer just that, but it doesn't. I bought the medium color (and my skin is more of a fair this time of year) and the color was still whiteish ghastly. But worse, was the fact it sat heavily in my larger lines/creases. Not the look I'm going for at all. The color was also very matte and I sure could use a little brightness in that area. Going to keep looking & not going to re-purchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2013 11:05:00 PM More reviews by SHeust

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is good for dry skin. I use this concealer-balm to cover blemish marks or active minor blemishes and it is creamy enough that it never highlights the dryness of them as they heal or any of my occasional dry skin patches, either. Doesn't clog pores. It lasts OK with some fading or smearing after a couple hours, especially if not set with powder. It's a sheer-medium coverage concealer, depending on how much you build it up.

Usually I have issues with CG's shade selection but this is okay for me. A little bit pinker than I am but I just blend it really well and it looks fine with my skin tone.