August 23, 2014 | 1115 users online

Concealers - Cover Girl - Covergirl & Olay Concealer Balm

rated 3 of 5 on 2/27/2014 5:56:00 AM More reviews by lyrastar

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am very acne prone and it's usually cystic in nature. Previous to using this concealer I was clear...
I have to admit that this is a very nice concealer. It is smooth and i can blend it well. I usually don't wear concealers because I'm afraid of putting too much makeup on & causing breakouts. Well, I should have listened to my inner voice. I started using this to cover some scars on my cheeks and my acne has flared up. I am so annoyed because it is a nice product.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/5/2014 12:49:00 PM More reviews by Carlysmilesx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This dosent cover dark circles the BEST but it does help. I like that it is more of a balm than a stick- creamier. If you're gunna get a concealer this is the one!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/1/2014 7:42:00 PM More reviews by Maclover202

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I don't know why I bought this because I don't like concealer sticks to begin with. I think they are too drying and don't blend well even though i have oily skin. When I saw beauty gurus on youtube raving about how moisturizing and well this performed I thought they finally did it made a moisturizing concealer stick that was worth it and works. I was wrong. I will say this though compared to other sticks this is by far the best but once again it was drying, clung to dry patches I didn't even know I had, and the color turned orange once it set. I wont be buying any more concealer sticks and that includes this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2014 12:52:00 AM More reviews by jessinfinite

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

blends like a dream ! I use this under my eyes sinceni have very ouffy bags and dark circles so I was pretty surprised to see this hide my flaws so easily. definitely will repurchase

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2014 4:29:00 PM More reviews by EffieH

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Silver, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I tried this when I bought some Cover Girl Aquasmooth compact makeup because it was buy one get half off. I am really impressed with how smoothly this goes on, it doesn't creep into my fine lines, and looks very natural! I actually like it better than the Lancome and Lauren Hutton I have been using, especially because of how easy it is to apply and blend.

UPDATE: I've found that I really need to use this immediately after applying my moisturizer, which helps it blend a lot better. It can be a little bit cakey and dry if you apply it to dry skin. But I still love it!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/29/2013 11:07:00 PM More reviews by queenofnone

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really really wanted to love this concealer. I have acne-prone skin (which is a big drag in your mid-30s) and almost every concealer I have ever used makes the problem worse. I put concealer on a blemish, and by the end of the day I have three more! Not so with this concealer, it doesn't break me out at all. Unfortunately though, it also doesn't do a very good job of concealing. I don't know why, because the texture seems very similar to other balm type concealers I have used before, but for some reason this stuff just sits on top of whatever it's supposed to be hiding and actually makes it MORE obvious. When I put it on a blemish it makes that area stand out, almost as if I had used a highlighter or something with shimmer. When I put it under my eyes, which have slight dark circles, it covered the darkness fine but somehow managed to settle into the skin in such a way that it made every fine line under my eyes stand out, showing me lines I didn't even know existed. I literally looked five years older with this stuff on. So, for me it was a disappointing experience.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2013 9:31:00 PM More reviews by JazzyPiinkz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This concealer is amazing❤️ i bought it to highlight my face but since i order it online i didnt know it would match my skin perfectly so i just use it to conceal and i fell inlove with it!! Sometimes i just use this and powder and im ready to go. Love love love!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2013 12:53:00 PM More reviews by cathykl

Works great for my dark circles and covers up the annoying broken capillaries around my nose/cheek area. I was hoping it wouldn't be super greasy, I hate greasy concealers that slide around on your face before disappearing entirely - and it's not thankfully. It dries to a semi-matte natural finish and I set this with a tiny bit of loose powder. I don't find this to be truly buildable (slides around a bit when you layer) but it gives medium coverage suitable for the majority of minor imperfections, blemishes, dark circles etc but probably won't work for anything more than that.

I use Light or Light/Medium depending on a) what I'm covering b)if I want to highlight - I use the lighter colour. I also use it around my brows to give them a cleaner, more tidy look. It's great that the shades they offer are neutral or yellow based, a lot less pink than the other concealers from CoverGirl which looks scary pink on me like I applied blush under my eyes or something - ugh.

Lastly - because it is a more moisturising base, the staying power is not that great. Matte concealers tend to be better in this area. It does last about 5 hours on me (and that is with powder on top) and then I have to touch-up. Not a big deal though, it is overall a nice product to work with and affordable. I like this concealer best from all the options CoverGirl offers.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 10:10:00 AM More reviews by leoisillon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

For many years I used the CG Smoothers concealer, which has very similar packaging to this concealer. When I heard Cover Girl was making a new one that is similar I got very excited. I stopped using the Smoothers concealer many years ago because I wanted to try other things and honestly the packaging is really messy. I can't seem to keep that plastic lid clean. The the same thing with this product. It comes in a lipstick-type tube that you push up and down. I only use this under my eyes and it does cover dark circles very well. You do have to blend it in, but blending is very easy. I think this concealer is slightly creamier than the CG Smoothers concealer. There are more color choices too, I believe. Those are the main differences, but they are essentially the same product. I think it's a great inexpensive concealer for you to have in your purse for touch ups, but I probably won't purchase again for every day use. I'm in love with the Revlon Photo Ready concealer.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2013 10:39:00 AM More reviews by KatWKSF

I, too, was let down by this product. I was really hopeful that it would be more emolliating than it is, but for me, it was not enough. I only use this kind of concealer on my very dark undereye circles (I use a concealer with salicylic acid on blemishes). I have dark undereye circles that also have fine lines and larger creases (ugh). Yes, I'm sleep deprived. I want something that floats over the top of the lines and offers really good coverage. You would think that a product in a stick form with Olay ingredients would offer just that, but it doesn't. I bought the medium color (and my skin is more of a fair this time of year) and the color was still whiteish ghastly. But worse, was the fact it sat heavily in my larger lines/creases. Not the look I'm going for at all. The color was also very matte and I sure could use a little brightness in that area. Going to keep looking & not going to re-purchase.