April 20, 2014 | 917 users online

Concealers - Cover Girl - Covergirl & Olay Concealer Balm

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2013 10:39:00 AM More reviews by KatWKSF

I, too, was let down by this product. I was really hopeful that it would be more emolliating than it is, but for me, it was not enough. I only use this kind of concealer on my very dark undereye circles (I use a concealer with salicylic acid on blemishes). I have dark undereye circles that also have fine lines and larger creases (ugh). Yes, I'm sleep deprived. I want something that floats over the top of the lines and offers really good coverage. You would think that a product in a stick form with Olay ingredients would offer just that, but it doesn't. I bought the medium color (and my skin is more of a fair this time of year) and the color was still whiteish ghastly. But worse, was the fact it sat heavily in my larger lines/creases. Not the look I'm going for at all. The color was also very matte and I sure could use a little brightness in that area. Going to keep looking & not going to re-purchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2013 11:05:00 PM More reviews by SHeust

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is good for dry skin. I use this concealer-balm to cover blemish marks or active minor blemishes and it is creamy enough that it never highlights the dryness of them as they heal or any of my occasional dry skin patches, either. Doesn't clog pores. It lasts OK with some fading or smearing after a couple hours, especially if not set with powder. It's a sheer-medium coverage concealer, depending on how much you build it up.

Usually I have issues with CG's shade selection but this is okay for me. A little bit pinker than I am but I just blend it really well and it looks fine with my skin tone.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/5/2013 1:11:00 PM More reviews by vforvalerie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

HG under eye concealer. Amazing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2013 10:25:00 AM More reviews by deadonarrivals

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I purchased this little fellow a few months ago but got the wrong shade. I'm medium olive NC40 in MAC Studio Fix Powder & 6.0 in UD Naked Skin. I'm usually always a Medium in concealers but this particular one was too dark for my skin. I just recently picked up Light/Medium and the shade is perfect for me. So, keep in mind, shades run dark. ** I only use this on blemishes NOT under eyes** This is a very emollient concealer with a natural light coverage so it isn't ideal for my undery eye area because I'm oily with very dark circles and this creases easily. But, I do LOVE how nautral this concealer looks over blemishes especially over raised pimples that may have dry edges. Nothing is more hedious than walking around with some crusty concealer over your pimple. I hate that! This concealer never flakes or forms a crusty edge around blemishes. It glides over them. I prefer a lighter coverage for my blemishes so I can do light layers to achieve a more medium coverage. You never want to apply a thick heavy concealer over them because it looks too unnatural. When using this concealer, I do two very thin layers and it covers them nicely with a smooth even finish. Another big plus is that this doesn't cause any new blemishes or skin irritations. I hate usisng a concealer to hide blemishes and the same bugger is causing more. This is such a natural finish concealer that I can get away with just covering my spots and applying a dusting of bronzer instead of using a full face foundation. I have nothing negative to say about this. This is my new HG blemish concealer! It's cheap, sold everywhere and saves me time in the morning when I don't want to deal w/ a foundation.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/28/2013 6:33:00 PM More reviews by Eboneeezer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

Creasy- McCreaserson. This creases on me after wearing it for like an hour, it sucks.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/12/2013 8:36:00 PM More reviews by Lforrestxx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I was super excited when I bought this product, but I was a bit let down. It matches my skin perfectly, however, I feel like it doesn't cover enough. Definitely not a must-have.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/7/2013 1:46:00 PM More reviews by BeautyBrunette16

Don't know if I'd repurchase this concealer. I felt like it didn't do much for my undereyes but performed well to did acne scars. However, the amount that comes in this tube is not worth $8 to me

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2013 8:32:00 PM More reviews by seaswan

I have always stayed clear of any lipstick type concealer because they have been greasy and creep into any lines and have an overall cakey finish.
The CG & Olay Concealer Balm is an exception. I can use this under my eyes and there is no creeping. It also smooths out to a nice finish. It also works over covering any imperfections on my face. It's more like a stick foundation in a way.
The color I bought was Light/Medium which is a bit dark and a little peachy but it works for my summer skin. If your skin is fair you may not find a shade.
The coverage is on the light side. You can build it and add powder, but I just don't find I reach for it too often.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/30/2013 7:11:00 PM More reviews by Nikki08

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This little stick changed the way I look at drugstore concealers. I picked it up after hearing good things about it on youtube, It is a creamy, pigmented, medium coverage concealer. Blends very easily and hydrates skin without being greasy. I can use it on blemishes or under the eyes and it's super cheap. You definitely have to set it with a powder and I will say even then it doesn't have ALL day coverage. It does wear off after maybe 4-6 hours or so but with a little touch up your good to go. Love this little stick and would repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/23/2013 6:23:00 PM More reviews by ElectricSpark08

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Blends beautifully!