Physicians Formula Super BB Cream

3.8

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide, Zinc Oxide. Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Neopentyl Glycol Diheptanoate, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Cetearyl Alcohol, C30-45 Alkyl Cetearyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Glycerin, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Perilla Ocymoides Seed Oil, Lysolecithin, Polysilicone-11, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Disodium EDTA, Disteardimonium, Hectorite. Glyceryl Stearate, Laureth-12, Magnesium Silicate, Mica, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Polysorbate 60, Propylene Carbonate, Sodium Hydroxide, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Xanthan Gum, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain: Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide.

on 1/11/2015 2:11:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

If you have dry skin at the best of times, and crack and chap-prone skin during the bad times, THIS is for YOU.

This BB cream offers more cover than the average beauty balm, so I can always bet on light to light/medium coverage. It is beautifully creamy, spreads easily and blends without any problems. It goes on very dewy (not oily) and sets to a very attractive semi-matte finish without accentuating my pores. And it covers those pesky red and flaky dry patches nicely during the winter months.

I am actually more of an Estee Lauder kinda girl, but even EL's BB creams (I own both the double wear and the Day Wear) don't protect my skin during the winter. I apply a generous layer of PF super BB cream and follow it with my ELDW concealer on more obvious blemishes, and the result lasts throughout a long work day.

Honestly, if you have very dry skin and you (a) like the idea of trying a BB cream, and (b) can't find a foundation hydrating enough, this is the BB cream to get.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

With the Healthy Wear being discontinued, I thought I would try this. Bad, bad, bad blackheads on my cheeks within a week. Never again.

on 12/29/2014 9:59:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I got this product on sale for about three bucks at CVS and figured I'd give it a try. It works very well, the sad part is for only a about three hours then it turns to a weird mess. I love how its so versatile, moisturizer, primer, foundation, all in one; but I've realized this is left best for those moments when you may have to run to the corner store or some quick appointment. I went to a party after work one day, looked in the mirror and was terrified and embarrassed. My skin was a greasy mess with random makeup streaks over it. It's going in the makeup junk drawer for when I have to run an errand.

on 12/13/2014 5:03:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

It's okay, at least for what I use it for, which is as a foundation with sunblock for when I'm on outdoor job sites. It does run to a peach/orange cast, but it actually has moderate coverage and fairly reasonable staying power in hot weather. Not my favorite, but useful. Should note that I use this with a cheap flat-top powder brush and it blends better than with fingers.

on 11/26/2014 10:59:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I have about 10 foundations and BB Creams on my dresser and this is by far my favorite. This even tops my Estée Lauder Double Wear foundation and Arbonne CC Cream. It doesn't break me out, light/medium is a perfect match for my skin, it leaves me dewy but not shiny or flat and matte. I have oily skin and I don't need to touch up until the afternoon with some blotting papers. Even my dermatologist recommends PF. It's taken a lot of trial and error to find my HG and this is it for me.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

THE BEST! I have tried ALL of the expensive BB lines ( Boscia, Dr Jart) and this BB cream leaves them in the dust at a fraction of the price.

Coverage is wonderful and great filler for my large pores. I have fair skin with mild rosacea and the 'light' matches perfectly.

on 11/3/2014 1:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

The other day the airlines lost my suitcase on the way home. After a week waiting, I thought all hope was lost and went to Ulta for some replacements. I realized that replacing my Dr Denese skin care and Makeup Forever, MAC and all the brushes would cost and arm and a leg all at once. So, I decided to see what's happening in the drugstore lines for now.
I decided to try a BB cream to replace both my lotion and foundation. I settled on this Physician's Formula and WOW just WOW. It wasn't until I started using this that I realized how mattefying the MUF was! I like this slight dew look that I'm getting from this product. I was amazed at the coverage. I have slight reddening on my cheeks and it covers it well! I've been picking this up instead of the MUF that was finally returned in the missing suitcase.

I bought this by accident because it was part of a promotional package with concealer and powder. The package kind of exploded when I opened it and I ended up with product all over my hands and counter, which was kind of a bummer. But after applying a wearing this for a few days all I can say is wow. It has impressive coverage and does not cake or turn colors. I would recommend trying it and I will certainly buy again.

on 10/28/2014 5:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

An ok bb cream, but not something WOW for oily skin. It has a light-medium coverage, the light shade is a very good match for me, it stays put all the day, but it makes me look a little bit more oily than other foundations(the truth is that it doesn't claim to control the oil). The spf30 is a pro also. The only way I really like it is when I apply it after Paula's Choice Resist Super-Light spf30 moisturizer(which controls the oil veeeery well) and set with a good powder. I guess it will be a very good option for summer, when I don't like a totally matte finish.

I recommend it for the ones with normal to combination skin.

on 10/23/2014 1:36:00 AM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

Was so pleased to have found this, but sadly it oxidises on my skin and makes me look orange. Coverage is good and it's nice to apply, just the orange factor puts me off.