October 20, 2014 | 893 users online

Lipstick - Maybelline - Color Sensational Vivids

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2014 6:07:00 AM More reviews by UrbanObsession

If you're a drugstore shopper (like me!) this is the best lipstick option available imo. There isn't much of a difference between the regular Color Sensational Line and Vivids besides the Vivids seem to have a less creamy, more matte finish that I prefer. I consider these semi-matte and you can easily turn them into a matte stain by blotting lips with a tissue!

I own two shades in the line: Vivid Rose and Pop of Cherry, the latter being a LE shade and drier in terms of application, which is my only real complaint about the quality of these lippies is they can be somewhat on the dry side if your lips aren't primed with balm beforehand.

Personally, I love the smell of them! Sort of synthetic vanilla-buttercream like and it's not overwhelming at all once on your lips. These lippies last really well (4ish hours) and don't feather or leave an odd stain behind once they're gone, score! Super pigmented and packaging is bright, making it easy to find in my blackhole of a purse.

I love the bold & colorful shade variety offered and plan to get more:)) Maybelline CS Vivids deserve the rave reviews here on MUA and all the blog love too, I'm super obsessed with them at the moment. HG!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2014 8:28:00 PM More reviews by Anne42

I impulse-bought this lipstick in Vivid Rose and wow is it ever bright!! Which was great because it was exactly what I was after.

The formula is great - I wore this when my lips were pretty dry after a long day in the sun and it was not particularly drying at all. If you have very dry lips you might want to apply a little bit of lipbalm underneath, but it's by no means as drying as say MAC matte lipsticks.

I quite liked the finish as well - sort of semi-matte with a tiny bit of gloss over the top. I've read others didn't like the smell - I thought it smelled quite nice, not too strong, although I couldn't really describe what it smells like.

The only not-so-great thing about this lipstick is the packaging, which is nothin special and looks a bit cheap. But you won't be thinking about that when you're wearing this lipstick!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/13/2013 3:42:00 PM More reviews by grimaldi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

It's nice to see drugstore brands bringing out fun, bright colors for lipstick, and while I liked the ones I got, they're not as strongly pigmented as I initially expected, and usually require more than one coat to get the desired effect. I've honestly found nearly identical color matches to these in wet n wild 2 dollar lipsticks that are more pigmented. I still do like the colors and moisture these provide, though, and the packaging is adorable

rated 4 of 5 on 12/9/2013 5:44:00 AM More reviews by beckynicole1

If you want bright and bold then these are for you! I've got about 6 or 7 of these and I live them all. Revival red, vivid rose and shocking coral are my favourites. I have very dry lips but these don't emphasize the dryness, they last a long time and are really flattering on my lips.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/8/2013 4:33:00 AM More reviews by ksk07

I LOVE this line!! The colors are so bright and gorgeous, and very moisturizing. These colors could easily be mistaken for a high end lipstick. I have the shade neon red as well as a purple/pink shade (not sure of the exact name) and love them! I would highly recommend!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2013 9:53:00 AM More reviews by liviiflutelouu

I am obsessed with these lipsticks. They are so BRIGHT and BOLD. They definitely live up to their name. Huge color payoff and long lasting is probably the best way to describe them.

The formula is easy to apply, and doesn't dry my lips out. With my lip spackle under these, I can get a good 5-6 hours of wear time without fading or bleeding. My only real complaint is that I have to do the tissue trick like 3 times to make sure I don't get color on my teeth - because trust me, if these DO get on your teeth you will look crazy. Bright purple or orange teeth? Not so cute.

Anyways, I have the lipsticks in 895-On Fire Red, 860-Pink Pop, 885-Vibrant Mandarin, 905-Brazen Berry, and 875-Vivid Rose - (my all time favorite)

Oh, one more complaint - the packaging is cute but do they all need to be in the same bright red/orange tube? I usually have to flip them upside down or open the tube to find the shade I'm looking for, which is a hassle if you have more than one of them!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2013 7:13:00 PM More reviews by Kristenhonto

These lipsticks are fantastic. So far I've tried Pink Pop and Hot Plum, both of which I love. Super pigmented and surprisingly moisturizing for such a matte finish. Staying power is pretty good. They stain though and are a little difficult to remove completely, but it's worth it. Packaging is kind of bulky. Comparable to MAC for about half the price.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/30/2013 5:36:00 PM More reviews by lizzieee007

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I don't like the smell of these, they stain (can be a good or bad thing), didn't end up wearing it.

The formula is nice, not slippery but didn't find it drying, easy to apply, sharp tip, smells bad, doesn't dry out or anything like that, idk, overall I think these are pretty standard lipsticks in fun colors! I don't see any reason not to buy one (smell it first though just in case), but they aren't my favs either.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2013 6:28:00 PM More reviews by mndjohn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love these! it's so rare to see drugstores brands embrace very bright colors. the pigmentation is insane, and there are no black sheep in the collection. They last a decent time and they glide easily on the lips. it's one of my fave products by Maybelline

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2013 2:46:00 AM More reviews by Nurhidayah

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Note: I live in Asia and the names are a bit different. I have sugar pink, cheeky coral and vivid rose.

PACKAGING: plastic packaging with a neon orange exterior. I find it decent because it does not look too cheap nor does it look luxury.

PRICE: I think I purchased it for about around SGD$15?? I cannot remember but it is less than SGD$20. Sometimes Watsons have sales, go for that instead it is worth it!

FORMULA: This does not dry out my lips at all! Impressed with the formula. The colour lasts about 4 hours on the lips without eating (mostly drinking and talking). It wore off evenly. No complaints about the formula. For a drugstore brand, it is amazingggg

Absolutely love this lipstick. The colour screams right at you and it is a good way to branch out to some colours that you wouldn't dare to try before because it is a drugstore product and is affordable.