Got2B Smoothed Over Straightening Balm [DISCONTINUED]

4.3

WATER (AQUA); CYCLOMETHICONE; C13-14 ISOPARAFFIN; GLYCERIN; DIMETHICONE COPOLYOL; DIMETHICONE; SODIUM ACRYLATE/ACRYLOYLDIMETHYL TAURATE COPOLYMER; ISOHEXADECANE; POLYSORBATE-80; POLYQUATERNIUM-46; DIMETHICONOL; STEARALKONIUM CHLORIDE; PVP; PHENYL TRIMETHICONE; DISODIUM EDTA; METHYLPARABEN; PROPYLPARABEN; DMDM HYDANTOIN; FRAGRANCE (PARFUM); EXT. VIOLET NO. 2 (CI 60730); RED 33 (CI 17200)

on 5/22/2005 2:41:00 PM

This stuff did help smooth down the frizzy's. It did make my hair a little easier to flat iron. I'm desperate to try the so smooth line from got 2 be but I'm not having much success. Stores carry the curly line but not the so smooth. Was it discontinued?

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I really think this balm is incredible. It makes my very wavy and often big hair smooth and straight with little effort. The others have done well at describing it, so all I'll say is that it does not make my hair greasy or weighted down, unlike the expensive pro stuff that my stylist uses. Great product!

This product smelt too marshmellowy, IMO. It softens hair rather than stiffens it so when I blow dry it it becomes straight. Very good quality for the price.

on 1/15/2005 2:34:00 PM

I tried this because of this board and am yet one more person that had great results.. I'm a SUCKER for finding good, inexpensive products.. and I am just so glad I stumbled across this! I use it on curly hair to tame down frizz, and once and a while when I straighten. I am starting to love this Got 2 Be brand!

on 11/25/2004 4:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I bought this stuff to try to replace pink oil for when i straighten me hair but it didnt work as well i still had really puffy+thick looking hair and my hair still looked fried and dry but made it my hair soft.I love the scent to.The pump is nice but i ran out of this stuff really fast.But for $1.79 i guess its worth a try

on 11/15/2004 1:27:00 AM

I was pleased with this product! It really smells delicious and comes out of the pump quite easily- you can get as much or as little as you want. My hair is naturally wavy and fine- the balm would not make my hair straight if I only blow-dried it, but it works well with my flat iron.

on 11/14/2004 6:23:00 PM

I really enjoy this product a lot. I have naturally wavy extra thick hair that is very prone to get frizzy. I've tried tons of products from pantene creme straightener to the tigi bedhead hair straightening package and the results have been mediocre. This product though, makes my hair really have a softer more sleeker look. It works well under extremely windy weather. For best results I'd advise that you use the got 2 be glossy serum in addition to this. This tames the frizzies nicely and makes your hair shine and feel silky.You really need just less than a quarter size of each product to work with. I'd start with the glossy serum first and wait a few minutes to use the smoothed over balm. Be sure to use to blowdry section by section of hair using a good round brush. Hope this product works great for you all :-)

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

This barely did anything for my hair. it made my hair puffy at times...and dry. the packaging was alright..it smelled good but i didnt like getting my hands sticky with it. i wouldnt re-purchase because i didnt see enough of a difference.

on 8/15/2004 9:46:00 PM

I was hoping for something infinitely better after reading these reviews. My hair was seriously weighed down, and it made my ends look fried and dried out- and I NEVER blowdry my hair straight. I also have very healthy hair. I was disappointed because I did not end up with silky smooth hair as with some other products I have used. You definitely get what you pay for. Plus-it leaves a coat of grime in your hair.
I am all for reasonable products-if they can work well. Unfortunately, this one didn't work for me.

on 8/15/2004 7:04:00 PM

As long as this is used with a anti-frizz serum, the results are wonderful. Just be careful not apply too much close to the roots, it can weigh them down and look greasy. It doesn't work mirackles, but is better than anything else I've used. Will repurchase.