April 20, 2014 | 1458 users online

Lipstick - Rimmel - Lasting Matte Finish by Kate Moss

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2013 12:03:00 PM More reviews by Enp92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a great little product for its price! Lovely matte red packaging to reflect the type of lipstick. These lipsticks aren't as drying as expected. As long as you prime your lips the lipstick goes on smoothly and hides some of the lines you get without a base. The product has a nice smell, not like the crayon smell you often get from 'cheap' brands.
I bought this product in shade 101. The colour in the tube does not match your lips once on but it's still a lovely colour, like a soft barbie pink colour. I'd happily buy this product in other shades if I found somewhere that stocks enough of them. That seemed to be my only trouble. Overall a nice cheap matte lippy for those who don't want to splash out on the MAC versions!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/18/2013 4:04:00 PM More reviews by Nobodys_angel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

I bought this in 110 which was a vibrant coral shade. Love it! I am a sucker for coral lipsticks and was so happy to find this in the form of a matte lipstick. The packaging is a cute red tube with 'kate' written on it...although Superdrug did ruin it by sticking the price labels on it and it was left all sticky after I peeled them off. ugh.
This lippie although smells sooo good..like watermelons or something. really yummy. It went on smoothly and felt hydrating. I thought it would have quite a bit of staying power since its supposed to be in the lasting finish category and had a matte finish. Unfortunately, it doesn't have super staying powers. My boyfriend came in for a kiss and was left with coral lips! Quite funny.
Ideally, I would prefer for it to stay on better but I guess its ok for days with no kissies!
overall, I actually really like it. Looks great, feels comfortable, smells wonderful and pretty affordable.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2013 8:39:00 PM More reviews by Hothead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

For the price, these are very good lipsticks.

I bought one in each shade.. just to have the capacity to mix and match. I mix the barbie pink with the reddish coral and I get a great shade of coral red which is not only gorgeous but exactly the soft matte finish I want now.

these are matte but not as drying as MAC or MUFE.. so do not fear. You cannot go wrong with these.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2013 3:21:00 PM More reviews by Nirvarna0

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Love these! So cheap and good quality. I have very dry lips and these do not dry me out. Sometimes I put on some balm underneath. Works great. Love 109 beautiful intense coral color.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2013 6:32:00 PM More reviews by 2010

I have this in 110, which is a bright reddish coral. It is very, very drying (emphasis on the very) and your lips need to be really well prepped and not uneven like mine are in order for this to look good. I love the colour but the formula just doesn't work well on my dry, uneven lips.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2013 6:21:00 PM More reviews by NinaSun

This line of lipsticks is AMAZING quality for something that is sold in drugstores. I would say the consistency of them is very similar if not identical to the Mac matte lipsticks because it is creamy but still matte but not drying on the lips whatsoever. The quality is top knotch; the opacity of them is fantastic and they don't bleed, smudge, or anything and you don't need a lipliner to get a precise line. The quality is very comparable to the matte Mac lipsticks as well and some of the colors are dupes for Mac colors(for example, the nude is a good dupe for Hue and 101 is very similar to Snob except a bit darker). The packaging is also gorgeous! There are the red and black ones but they both have the Kate signature and a little heart and the packaging is a smooth matte just like the lipsticks.

I am obsessed with this and will purchase the rest of them as they are amazing quality for the price. The only qualm I have is that I wish this was a bigger line with more colors!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2013 12:19:00 PM More reviews by bbgrengs

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have been on the hunt for that perfect matte nude lipstick, & I finally found it! I got it in color 113, & it is absolutely wonderful. It goes great with my skin tone & has that perfect matte finish. My only complaint is that if you have dry lips, it can settle in to the lines a little bit. But I've found that's a super easy fix if you just put on a little chapstick before applying! I will absolutely be repurchasing this product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2013 10:21:00 PM More reviews by prettylights

I bought these in shades: 101, 103, 104, 105, 107, 14,17, and 08. 101 is a muted barbie pink, 103 is a medium pinky-mauve, 104 is a darker version of 103, 105 is a mllb brownish-pink with a bit of shimmer, 107 is a gorgeous deep cool berry, 08 is a more pink and brighter version of 104, 14 is a neutral/nude leaning towards brown, and 17 is a natural pink with some shimmer. I like all of them for the staying power and beautiful finish. They are for the most part matte (except 17 and 105, despite being part of the matte line, seem to have some shimmer to them). They don't last 8 hours but at least a few and are easy to touch up. If worn with a lipliner they last even longer. 107, the deep berry, is a shade I wouldn't usually wear but it actually looks great with my fair complexion and blonde hair for a bold lip. I lined the outside of my lips with UD's clear lipliner before applying to prevent bleeding and it worked great. My other favorite for fall is 104, it's a great cool deep mauve shade but not too dark. 14 is my least favorite. It's a perfect nude shade but makes me look washed out and is a little too brown for my cool complexion. If I mix it with another shade or some gloss I can pull it off though. 101 is just a bit too barbie pink for me and the most dry/patchy of the bunch. I definitely need some balm with that one. Overall I think these are a very good value. The tube is stylish and cute, not over-the-top (like Urban Decay's old sword lipsticks) and the cap stays shut tightly so I don't worry about throwing them in my purse. I think the colors would compliment a wide variety of complexions and I especially like the range of cool shades, which is mostly what I bought. As someone who preferred gloss for many years this line has finally turned me more into a lipstick girl. Now that I meet with my businesses clients on a regular basis I like having these on me to give me a more polished and professional look vs a gloss. The smell doesn't bother me at all like some other reviewers have mentioned, but it is noticeable. I find it fades pretty quickly though. If you're interested in this line I definitely suggest picking up at least one to try out the texture and smell, and for $6 you can't go wrong.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/4/2013 7:47:00 PM More reviews by portakalis

This lipstick smells awful.. Made me sick, i couldnt bear the smell even for 5 seconds. Moreover it has a strange oily feel, doesnt get obserbed by skin.. Goes to trash can..

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2013 7:03:00 PM More reviews by zrwr00

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

ok so I like NEVER hear anything about these lipsticks. They are always the cheapest at the drugstore and have super cute packaging so i thought what the H and bought one in the colour 102. It's a gorgeous matte pink kind of like a toned down more wearable version on macs viva glam nicki satin lipstick. Its a bit more of a berry colour though which i like because it makes it much more weareable. And on top if all that it doesnt smell and taste nasty like. Most drugstore lipstick, it smells like a nice watermelon. So yaaa go get you some :-)<3